Wake up!

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye's POV

Knock knock knock


My eyes shot open as the sound pulls me out of my dreamless sleep. Crap! Why was there sunlight streaming through my window? Crap, did I miss my alarm? Was I late to school? My eyes shoot to the direction of my clock placed on my bedside table. 

8:15am.

I let out a string of curses in my head as I scrabble out of bed, flinging off my duvet and in the process of hurriedly changing, I manage to bang my knee against the corner of my table, which resulting in me lying on the floor clutching my knee in utter agony as I curse the small room and the stupid table. 

Knock knock knock

"Jung Hye?"  Jonghyun's voice follows shortly after the knocks.

Hearing his voice suddenly triggers my memory of yesterday, the shopping centre trp, everything that happened with Jonghyun and the prom. Wait, the prom. When did I even get home? I don't even remember walking home. Hey, hold on...I groan as it dawns to me that if yesterday was the prom, it meant that today is Saturday, which meant no school. Which meant I rushed out of bed and injured my knee for absolutely no reason. Which means I can actually sleep again.

Without bothering to put my pajamas back on, I drag myself onto my bed and snuggle into the blanket, closing my eyes and smiling at the thought of being able to sleep in. 

Knock knock knock

I squeeze my eyes shut in irritation at the stupid noise that was separating me and my precious sleep, "Go away! It's Saturday!"

Knock knock knock

"Let me in!" Jonghyun's voice runs through the room.

I ignored him in hopes that he would get the message and let me sleep in peace.

Knock knock knock

But, as expected he didn't.

I covered my ears and curled up in a ball, turning to my side. Finally, after what seemed like ages, the knocking stopped. I let myself relax and began to conjure up some lovely scenarios in my head and was just on the verge of unconciousness when --

"Wow, you sleep ?" My eyes snap open as I feel the minty, warm breath on my face and hear a voice that seemed just a little too loud for comfort. .

Jonghyun is squatting in front of me, arms resting on his knees and a big grin adorning his face.  

Oh. My. Gosh.

Upon instinct, I let out a yelp and sink deep into my blankets, making sure I was completely buried underneath.

"Jung Hye?" Jonghyun pokes at me through the blankets. 

"YOU ERT!!!! HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN?? OH MY GOSH WHY DO I LIVE WITH A ERT?!"

"I'm not a ert!" Jonghyun protests indigantly, I can tell he's pouting even without seeing him.

"YOU COME IN TO MY ROOM WHEN I'M SLEEPING! WITHOUT PERMISSION! YOU WATCHED ME SLEEP!" It's just as well as I'm hidden underneath the blanket because my face is burning up . 

"But I just wanted you to come out!"

"No."

"Why???" Jonghyun whines, dragging out the word.

"I'm forever scarred."

"Aw come on! You can see me sleep whenever you want! When you open the door, there I am!"

I remain silent as I ponder on his words, which were indeed true.

"Jung Hye?"

I keep my silence, wondering what Jonghyun would do. Which turned out to be a terrible idea because the next thing I knew , his fingers were tickling the sides of my stomach through the blankets and as hard as I try, I couldn't stop myself from bursting out in laughter and writhing around. "S-stop!" I manage to get out inbetween laughter.

"Only if you get up!" He says as he continues to tickle mercilessly.

"OKAY OKAY FINE!" Damn that stupid Jonghyun. Why can't I be immune to tickling?

The tickling stops and is replaced by the sound of Jonghyun clapping happily. "Yay! I'll wait for you outside! Be out in about 10 minutes!"

I groan, "I hate youuu."

Jonghyun's POV

Today is such a wonderful day, the sun is shining, there's a nice cool breeze, it's Saturday and I have a great day planned ahead!

The door slams open and a half asleep Jung Hye steps out,  eyeing me with  a dangerous glint in her eyes. But that's okay cause she always looks like that and she can really do no harm. In fact now that I think about it, she looks a bit like a cute little cat who has just been splashed.

"What?" Jung Hye practically growls at me.

"What? " I blink back innocently.

"You said I looked like a cat."

Uh oh. "What?"

"A cat. A splashed cat." Her eyes narrow as she enounciates each world individually.
 

"No I didn't." 

 "Yes you did."

"Ooooooh," Think fast Jonghyun, think fast, "That! Nah I said a cat... a cute cat... outside... yes, a real cat... which was wet HAHAHA... from um... the rain yesterday... yeah! VERY FUNNY." 

Jung Hye glares at me again before heading off to the bathroom muttering threats and insults under her breath.

-x-

Half an hour later, I find myself sitting opposite Jung Hye who's happily chewing on the pancakes I made while chatting to me about the prom. It seems that in that half an hour she had spent in the bathroom, she had managed to go through a major personality change. I honestly do not understand how girls work.

"Don't you think Taemin and Jae Ri make such a cute couple?" She asks as she twirls the spoon in her milk. 

“Hmm? Taemin and Jae Ri?” I pondered, before laughing. “Why them?”

“Oh my gosh Jonghyun, didn’t you seem them together?”

I remembered back to Taemin and Jae Ri on the stage when they were announcing prom king and queen. Hmm, looking back at it, why was Taemin up there? “Yeah? What about them? And anyways, isn’t it weird that Taemin was up there? He’s not part of the student council is he?”

“Ughhhh…” she groaned. “You are really oblivious of everything! Didn’t you see them? And the glittery eyes they had for each other? And the chemistry?!?!”

“Uhhh.” I tried to remember what Jung Hye was describing, but nothing came to my mind. “Well, Taemin looked really cool up on stage?”

“Aishhh. What can I do with you.” She sighed and continued twirling her spoon. “Anyways, they are so totally going to be the new couple. Just you watch, Jonghyun.”

I frowned. I should really tell her to stop hanging out with Key because they were getting too into the whole couple thing. “Stop playing with your food and hurry up eating!”

She smiled innocently and still twirled her spoon around, a few occasional drops of milk splashing out of the bowl.

“Yah! Clean that.”

Jung Hye grudgingly took a tissue and wiped it, but then the smile was back on her face. “Relaxxxxxx Jonghyun. So rushed!”

“Yeah, well. I have something pl-“ Oh no Jonghyun, don’t reveal your awesome secretive plan to her! “Ahem, well, your cereal is getting soggy and – and don’t waste it, because it wasn’t on special.”

I gave myself a mental pat on the back. Why was I having such awesome quick thinking today?

“Nah.”

“Want me to feed you?” I asked, eyes narrowed, which meant ‘a.k.a shove it down your throat’.

“Sounds great, honey baby Jjongie~! Feeeed meee~~ Ahhhhh!” she said, opening at the end before bursting into giggles, amused by her own joke. I tried to keep my best straight serious face at first, but seeing her laugh started to make me laugh as well.

--

Jung Hye's POV

After the longest breakfast on earth, Jonghyun had urged me to change immediately and I was pushed into my room. When I asked him why, because we were obviously not going anywhere today as there were no plans, he just shifted his eyes and stuttered out “Uhhh… no reason really!”. And of course only an idiot would take that for an answer.

Still, I let him push me in without complaints and I didn’t know what to wear.

Five minutes in, Jonghyun had started banging on the door to tell me to hurry up.

Ten minutes in, I heard him slump against the door at the other side and groan.

It took me another ten minutes to finally choose my outfit, because – well I didn’t know why because. Just because. And I made myself a mental note to go shopping with Key and Yoo Mi soon, because I could see how my wardrobe looked like it belonged to a 14 year old’s. Was this how lame I used to dress like? Ahhh. to be me. This probably reflected on how forever alone I used to be.

When I opened the door, Jonghyun, who was slumped against it, fell back from the impact and struggled to get back up. Which was so cute and funny I started laughing.

“You ready?” He smirked.

“For what?” I asked, acting like I was clueless.

“I’ve got a surprise for you today!” Jonghyun grinned, and he took me by the hands and gently guided me to the front door, then taking a pair of my favourite shoes and setting them in front of me. “Here madam. Wear today’s shoes.”

“Well aren’t you a gentleman?” I commented and wiggled into my shoes. Quickly, we stepped out and into the streets.

He grabbed onto my hands, and I jerked from the surprise of his warm hands, but then he quickly secured them and intertwined our hands. Smiling, I looked forward and breathed in the fresh air and sunshine.

 “Where are you taking me today, Sir Jonghyun?”

“Ummmmm well actually I was thinking – hey when did I ever say I was going to take you somewhere?”

“Sir Jonghyun, it’s so obvious.”

“Maybe I just wanted to eat some ice cream and I brought you because you brought a wallet and you can pay for it.”

“Sir Jonghyun, may I remind you that we just passed by the ice cream store?”

I pointed to the ice cream store that was quickly getting further away and he turned away.

"Stop calling me that!" he groaned, "And anyways, just follow me."

"As long as it isn't a random alleyway with gangsters." I commented, before I tightened my hold on Jonghyun's hand.

Jonghyun's POV

Jung Hye glanced between me and the Lotte World sign. "How did I guess."

"Uhhh. Surprise?" I said, with a sheepish smile on my face. It wasn't supposed to work out this way! I was going to blindfold her and and guide her along and then buy some cotton candy to surprise her but - the cotton candy shop wasn't there. And I didn't bring any blindfold. But thankfully, I didn't forget my tickets!

"So is this a first date then?""

"Nuh, it's an after-prom celebration. With only two of us."

"You're so dumb." she giggled, and I pretended to be mad by spurting a string of curses and insults.