Unexpected Visitor

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I stared down at my rice, trying to think of the many ways I could strike up an interesting conversation with my dad. I had just spent the last few hours cleaning up the entire house (which isn't very big) and cooking enough food to last him for a week. It had been fine then, because I had been busy, which meant we didn’t have to talk much, but now that we were both settled down to dinner…the silence was just unnerving "How's business been?"

"What do you think? I'm a blacksmith, how good do you think business can  get?"

Alright. That was not a very good conversation starter.  

"So, how has your new apartment been?" My dad's gruff voice asks. 

Should I tell him about Jung Hye? He wouldn't mind right? Besides, it would get the conversation going."Actually, you wouldn't believe what happened, it turned out that it was a scam and some other poor girl had also bought the apartment!" I paused, waiting for a reaction.

"What bad luck." He says with an expressionless face on.

Nevertheless, I continued on, "so now I am living with her and I just happen to be going to the same school as her! What a coincidence right?" 

He nodded and made an agreeing noise. "How is she?"

"She's really funny and nice to be around, although slightly weird--maybe not weird, but...quirky? Yes that's the word, she's really quirky and interesting and--" I stop as I suddenly realised how much I was rambling on about Jung Hye, "um, yeah she is okay." I finish off. 

My dad smiles at me, "you like her?" 

What. WHAT. "No! No I don't!" I laugh at the pure ridiculousness of the very idea, " HAHA fun-ny! What would make you think that!?"

"Jonghyun, you never take notice of other people-- besides that Key, you don't really have many other friends do you?"

Although his words were true, it surprised me that he actually took notice of it.

My dad continued on, “and you were never really the type to speak highly of other people, or even take notice of them.”

“Buuuuut….nah! I’ve just never met anyone so different!”

“But you like different, isn’t that why you moved out? So that you wouldn’t have to live in the past like I do?” Despite the expression on his face, his words have a snide undertone.

“That’s—“

He cut me off before I could say anything else, “It’s late now, you better get going.” He stood up, “thank you for coming over, good bye.”

I nodded, it was no use arguing with him. “Bye dad, I’ll visit often okay?”

“If you want.” He nodded good bye and walked away towards the bed I had made again, signalling the end of the conversation.

Jung Hye POV

Damn, damn, damn, damn. This is so bad, I am so sad, they are going to be so mad—oh hey that rhymes, wait, why am I even thinking about that!? Oh my gosh I am so dead, if they ever find out that I am living in an apartment with another guy they are going to be like “Oh my gosh Jung Hye! We trusted you! You broke our trust! You are to pack your bags and come home right now where I will spoil you with anything you want so that you will forever be a dependent little girl!” Noooooo, life .

Every single dooming result had run through my mind on my frantic dash back to my apartment. My mum was tailing behind me, looking through every crack and crevice of the entrance of the building and making a face towards any spiders and adding many disappointed remarks about the low standard.

“Mum! I’m just going to prepare the dinner and stuff! Wait out here for me!” I said and slammed the door behind me and locked it, before she could give me an answer.

I was totally not prepared, and not letting Jonghyun and my mum meet eyes.

Ever.

“Jung Hye dear! Don’t be shy! Oh and by the way, Dad just phoned me that he’ll be in a business meeting tonight! He says hello and lots of love!” I heard my mum’s muffled banging from the other side as I looked around: no Jonghyun in sight.

Hastily, I moved his mattress into my closet and hid all his random stuff under the sofa.

I whipped out my phone to text Jonghyun from the number I got from Key – PLEASE DON’T COME BACK HOME MY MUM’S HERE SHE IS GOING TO KILL ME I SWEAR IF YOU COME I AM GOING TO CUT YOUR SORRY LITTLE NECK AND

“DEAR! WHAT’S TAKING YOU SO LONG?”

I looked around for a quick, final check. Opening the door with an award-winning smile, I welcomed my mum in. “Sorry! Come in now!”

She looked around in amazement. “It’s… so… so… A WHOLE NEW WORLD!”

I facepalmed. Please don’t break into Aladdin.

Jung Hye’s Mum POV

Oh my.

This is absolutely wonderful.

Apart from the fact that I still can’t bear my sweet little chubby daughter leaving me for this dump of a place… she was living by herself!

Wonderful!

I looked in the fridge. “Hmm Jung Hye you are better at this than I thought! There’s chicken, cheese, juice, all the vitamins and nutrients needed, your medicine cabinet is absolutely packed and everything’s spick and span! Except for that corner over there…”

“Hehehe.” Jung Hye laughed softly.

That side of the living room was strange. There was an alarm clock for some reason next to a big empty space. And there was a separate workspace desk and many books.

I walked towards it. “Wow! You have two desks?”

“Umm I- yeah.”

White caught my eye. I squinted to look at them closer and…

HOLY CHEESE!

WHITE… BOXERS?!

I covered my mouth in shock. Since when did my gorgeous little teeny weeny Jung Hye have random underwear strewn across the house – mens’ too for goodness sake!

Unless Jung Hye had…

OH MY GOODNESS!

I decide to keep my mouth shut and ask her later as Jung Hye calls me to dinner.

Jung Hye’s POV

This is bad, this is so bad, I wonder if Jonghyun has received my text, why hasn’t he replied? Damn that stupid gorilla! Does he know how dead I am if he comes back now?

“Darling, are you waiting for a call?” My mum gives me a concerned look.

“Huh??? Oh no!! Of course not! Come on, let’s eat dinner, you don’t want to leave too late right! Sorry the dinner isn’t that good, I didn’t know you were coming over today, next time you come over you should give me at least a few days notice so that I can prefer something absolutely delicious!! Okay?? A few days at least!” I rambled on, shooting looks at my phone.

No messages yet.

“Oh yes! Alright, sorry about inviting myself today! So…Jung Hye?”

I pull my eyes away from the phone “Er.. yes?”

“You know you can tell me anything right…”

I frowned, where was this conversation heading? “Yes, of course mum! Why?” I reach over for a glass of water to ease my nerves.

“Are you, perhaps…dating anyone?”

“W-what?!” I choke on my water, spluttering some on the table and ending up in a coughing fit.

“Oh dearie! Are you alright?” My mum leaned over and pats me on the back.

“Y-yes, I’m fine!”  I grab some tissues and mop up some of the water, why would my mum think I was dating someone?? Did she see me with Jonghyun?! DID I NOT CLEAN UP HIS AREA???

“So honey, are you dating someone?”

“N-“

“I mean, if you were, I’m absolutely fine with that because you are a grown girl now and you can date whoever you want!”

“Of-“

“But if you were, I would just like to see him you know, to make sure he is a good compatible young man!”

“Mum I’m-“

“Oh dear! Who’s at the door?” My mum quickly stood up and walked towards the opening door.

OH MY FREAKEN GOSH THAT DAMN GORILLA HE CAME BACK DIDN’T HE!?

 


 

 


A/N Hi guys!! Today is September 26th! Which means...it marks our one year anniversary since this story started :D So here is an update as promised! Hope everyone is having a nice day ^^