True or False?

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

I hung up the call from Yoo Mi and sighed. I can’t believe Jonghyun would do such a thing. It was one thing to not show up because I was the one who had to deliver the letter, but even smirking at Yoo Mi? Weren’t they research partners, did they get along with each other fine?

Well, not as if I know Jonghyun well enough to know the kinds of things he would do. Still, Yoo Mi is my best friend, and I can’t easily forgive him for being such a mean jerk.

From my room, I heard the front door open and close; and then footsteps entering the apartment. Must be Jonghyun coming back home. A tiny bit of anger started to boil up, so I started walking towards the door. I must talk to Jonghyun about-

THUNK!

AHHH!

Was that a scream? Curious, I opened the door and looked outside. There Jonghyun was standing, clutching at his toe.

“Aigoo, it hurts,” he mumbled quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. I looked down at his side – it was a big box with a picture of a keyboard on the front of it. Did he bring a keyboard back? “Ow, ow, ow, ow ~~”

“What are you doing?” I asked, he turned to look at me in surprise, his expression instantly turned indifferent. “Nothing.”

“It’s not nothing,” I said. “You screamed!”

His cheeks tinted a little red – aww is he embarrassed? – and then he started to pick up the keyboard. “It fell on my toe, that’s all.”

“Did it hurt?”

“A keyboard fell on my toe, do you think it hurts?”

I started laughing, hahaha a keyboard fell on his toe? “Hahaha! Why are you bringing a keyboard here?”

“Haha, very funny! You go laugh at the fact that my toe might even be broken right now. “ He said sarcastically as he turned his back on me and began limping away.

“Wait no! I was just joking, I’m sorry! It’s just funny, cause you’re always so expressionless!” I said as I hurried after him.

“Why did you bring a keyboard anyways?”

“Um, I don’t know, maybe so I could play on it?”

“I was just asking a question! Didn’t have to be so sarcastic.”

“It wasn’t sarcasm.”

I sighed, “Fine fine, could I practice on your keyboard some day?”

“You can play?”

“Is that so unbelievable??”

He turned and stared at me for a while, as if deep in thought, “Well, honestly, yes, you don’t seem like the type.”

“I AM IN FACT A WONDERFUL KEYBOARD PLAYER!” I said indignantly. Didn’t seem like the type? WHAT DID I SEEM LIKE A TYPE TO DO THEN?

“Sure, sure.”  He said as he returned to setting up the keyboard, “Should I help you?” I asked, as he finally, plugged the cord in the powerpoint. Yeah, what a useless useless question.

He turned it on. “No, because I’m done anyways.”

“Are you going to play now?”

“Yeah, I just bought this, I’m going to test it out.”

He plugged headphones into the keyboard.

“Why are you plugging headphones? I want to listen to you play!”

“You don’t need to.”

I started turning angry, I really wanted to hear him play! “Please? Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease-“ I was also feeling a bit nervous, because I had never show him this side of me before. I was always acting mature.

“... if you insist.”

“YAY!”

He plugged the headphones out and I immediately shuffled over to get a look. It’s not that I haven’t watched someone play piano before – because I play it myself, but seeing Jonghyun play was like seeing a complete utter side of him.

“Don’t laugh though.” He said.

“What, why would I laugh?”

“Because I’m going to be playing something I composed.”

I nodded as seriously as I could, but I really felt like laughing, Jonghyun composing? Yep, this is completely a different side of him that I’ve never seen. I caught his glare though, so I tried to wear my most serious look.

I intently watched his fingers – dammit his nails were nicer than mine -, as they slowly moved onto the porcelain white keys. I watched as they settled down, and then the first C note played. His fingers seemed to playfully glide across the notes, key after key.

I listened to the melody, it had upbeat fast movements, but there was something beautiful, innocent, even anxious under the piece he was playing.

The piece ended on another C note, and Jonghyun took his hands off the keyboard. He looked nervous, because he constantly looked all around the room, everywhere but not me while rubbing his hands.

I smiled. “You don’t seem comfortable enough. You don’t seem very familiar with this keyboard yet.”

“I know. It’s new.”

“Your techniques are expressive too.”

“Thanks.”

“Shame it’s not a grand piano, or it would’ve sounded brilliant.”

I expected him to retort that it was brilliant enough, or say something like I’m not his music teacher so stuff off, but surprising he only thanked me again.

The tune was stuck in my head for the rest of day, even when I was dreaming. I dreamt of Jonghyun playing that melody in an auditorium. He was wearing his pajamas, the spotlight was on him, and he was playing as seriously as he could. I was the only audience, sitting in the front row.

Jonghyun POV

I don’t know what’s happened, but when I walk in school the next day, it seemed that the whole school hated me.

Well. The girls at least. They all stood in circles and glared at me when I walked into the room before turning back to their circles and started whispering.

I mean, it is good that they are finally getting away from me, but seriously weird as well. Because one day, they were all nice and flocking around me, but the next they were just ignoring me? And even glaring at me? I’m sorry, but did I miss something?

Then I heard a few giggles behind my back, so I whipped around. There were two girls who suddenly stopped giggling when they saw me look at them.

They looked intimidated.

Girls? Intimidated?

By me? No way.

Why were they acting that way?

It seemed like everyone was acting strange today!

“Jonghyun!” a voice called behind me, and I whipped around again and saw Onew. The only thing different about him was that he looked worried. Wasn’t he always the one with a grin on his face?

“Onew! What’s with everyone today?” I asked. “It’s like as if I dropped a bomb on this school.”

Onew’s face grew even more worried, it’ll give him wrinkles I reckon. “I think you did drop a bomb, Jonghyun...”

“Huh?”

“Everyone’s talking about you.”

“About me? What? What’s good to talk about me?”

“There’s rumours flying around! Apparently you rejected a girl yesterday! She gave you a letter, you told her you wouldn’t show up, you made her cry, you said there was no way you would date anyone as ugly as her and how you had plenty of other prettier girlfriends and then she was waiting in the rain and she was all sad and lonely and-“

“WHAT?!”

“-apparently you punched her too.”

Are you kidding me? Rejecting a girl?

Then I remembered yesterday. Oh right. BUT WHEN DID I EVER PUNCH HER? WHEN DID I EVER MAKE HER CRY? WHEN DID I EVER NOT SHOW UP?

“Oh and also rumours about your old school! Apparently they say you used to be a gang leader and you  got expelled because-“

Because?

“-you beat up some school students!”

You have got to be kidding me.

Jung Hye POV

The next day when I arrive at school, everything was in chaos.

I was first attacked by a few of my other friends, who were wide eyed and breathless “Jung Hye! Did you hear about Jonghyun??”

“Umm.. yeah?? I know he is a new student here.” And what is so interesting about that?

“No silly! I mean did you hear about what he has done??”

Yeh, he has pissed me off greatly, that’s what. But that’s probably not what they meant so I shook my head in response.

“WELL! APPARENTLY yesterday he rejected this girl and told her that she was SOOOOOO UGLY and that he would NEVER EVER date her since he had SOOO MANY other girlfriends and THEN HE PUNCHED HER WHEN SHE CRIED.”

Was she talking about Yoo Mi? When in the world did Jonghyun PUNCH Yoo Mi? “Are you serious??”

She nodded vigorously in response, “Yep yep! The girl even told all of us! Can you believe he would do such a thing! I can’t believe I liked him! Such a jerk!”

Another one of the girls chipped in, “And also, apparently he was expelled from another school cause he was this gang leader and he bashed some innocent students up AND THEY WERE SENT TO HOSPITAL!!”

My eyes widened in surprise.

“-so if I was you, I would stay away from him! Be careful!!” They said before they ran off finding more people to tell.

Were we talking about the same Jonghyun? The one who could play the keyboard so nicely? The one who actually cooked dinner? Did he really have a hidden personality? It seemed so unbelievable!

And were they really talking about Yoo Mi? It was too much of a coincidence to not be her. But why would Yoo Mi broadcast it to the whole world? It made no sense at all!

I frowned as the bell rang, signifying the start of class. I would have to see Yoo Mi to get to the bottom of all this.


A/N: Thanks guys for all the comments and support ~ <3 it's been, a week since the last chapter? haha I hope you all are still following us, reading and still interested in this fic! We really appreciate them all!

Anyways, FINALLY we've put a sweet moment between our two protagonists, haha! After 10 chapters!!!

After 10 chapters!!! There are two authors working on this fic, and the way we write is, one of us writes 300 words, then the other continues with 300 and we keep on going on until we get a chapter. We're wondering if anyone can differentiate our writing styles? XD IT'D BE SO COOL IF YOU GUYS CAN!

Also, sorry guys! The next update will be at least a week or more again, because we have yearly exams coming up, mass studying to do, but we've hoped you've enjoyed this chapter because it's a long chapter this time compared to most of our other ones!

Peace out! 8)