Talking to You

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Jonghyun POV

I stared at the flashing television screen blankly.

For some reason, I just could not concentrate on what was happening, even though I am sure that it was some very interesting action packed movie.

I bet Jung Hye was having heaps of fun with Taemin. Hmph. Not like they invited me or anything!

Not that I would’ve went even if I was invited, but still! Would’ve been nice to be invited!

I wonder where Taemin took Jung Hye to. Actually, I wonder if they are alone.

All Jung Hye said was that she and Taemin were going to have dinner to celebrate. I would’ve asked her what they were celebrating, but then that would’ve meant that I cared.

Which I don’t. No, of course I don’t care about the fact that Taemin and Jung Hye are going out for dinner together. Maybe they are dating. They are suited for each other anyways, what with Taemin acting like a girl and Jung Hye acting like a man. HAHA the roles are reversed, get it?  I bet Jung Hye would propose to Taemin. HAHA. I am a funny person.

Wait, what am I doing? Why am I thinking about Jung Hye?! No, concentrate on the show Jonghyun. Stop thinking about Jung Hye and Taemin!

Jung Hye POV

“Bye! Thank you so much for tonight!” I waved before leaning in to hug Taemin good bye because seriously, he is just so adorable and adorable things need to be hugged!

“Y-you’re welcome! Good night!” Taemin stuttered as he hugs me back. Gnaaaaaw. That cutie!

Turning around, I happily skipped to the elevator. For once, life was good! Yoo Mi and I are friends again, Taemin is such a cutie, I had received an A+ and I just had such a lovely meal.

Once I had opened the front door, walked in and taken off my flats, the first thing I noticed was that firstly the television was on, and secondly Jonghyun was asleep.

Asleep!

It was only 9:30pm and he was asleep!

Not wanting to disturb him, I cautiously walked towards his bed and picked up the remote control which laid by his side and switched off the television. Idiot, didn’t he know that power would be wasted and the electricity bills?

I looked down at him, peaceful, sleeping and I felt a sense of déjà vu wash over me.

This happened, last time too. I came back home from dinner with Taemin to a peaceful, sleeping Jonghyun. But it’s been weeks, and now Taemin and I are good friends.

What about Jonghyun…?

Hmph. Nothing’s changed. He still doesn’t talk to me.

“Brat, why aren’t you talking to me anymore?” I mumbled softly, towards Jonghyun’s direction as I took in the softness of his features. The whole house was quiet, apart from the rhythms of our breathing.

“I miss talking to you… haha not like you’re dead or whatever…”

No reply, no response, no change in breathing.

Phew. I could continue talking. As long as he was asleep, it was all fine.

“Today I went to this awesome Italian restaurant with Taemin! And coincidentally, Onew and Yoo Mi were there too. So they joined us. And we ate the most ridiculous pizza ever, because on the menu there was this choice of ‘Make-Your-Own Pizza’ where you could put your own toppings on it and stuff and we just decided to try it out. But it turned out to be a complete failure because Taemin wanted marshmallows and ice cream on it.” I chuckled as I thought back to when Taemin was trying desperately to convince us that it was a good idea. “Onew wanted fried chicken pieces and Yoo Mi wanted tofu – tofu.”

I bet you asked for jelly babies. In my head, I imagined the sleeping Jonghyun talking back to me.

“Well, yeah, I asked for jelly babies, but come on! It’s not as ridiculous!”

Jung Hye, no. Even Taemin’s was better! The Jonghyun I imagined continued talking to me.

“Whatever. You wouldn’t understand. But the best thing, the highlight of today was – guess what!”

I paused for a moment, waiting for an imaginary response before I continued on happily, I’m friends with Yoo Mi again! I’m so happy! You know, ever since our argument, it has been so lonely without a good friend to talk to—and today, it felt so nice, chatting to Yoo Mi… can you believe she and Onew are dating? Such a cute couple haha…and to think she once liked you!”

In his sleep, Jonghyun shifted a bit as the lightest trace of a frown appeared on his peaceful face.

“Haha, am I annoying you in your sleep too?” I lowered my voice to a soft whisper, not wanting to wake him up, “I wish you would talk to me again, you know, when you thought I spread the rumours about you and Key…I was really sad that you would think of that, but I thought that was over now?” 

The frown deepened.

“Ah, you should really stop that angry frown of yours, do you want wrinkles??” Unconsciously, I found myself reaching my hand out so that I could smooth out the frown.

Wait. What was I doing? I quickly retreated my hand and shook my head, “Ah, what am I doing? Blabbering away to myself, you probably don’t even care…”

I placed the remote on the drawer next to the bed and found myself gazing at his features again, taking in everything, I was reminded of my first impression of him. As much as I hate to admit it, he really was good looking. With his high cheekbones and well defined jaw line, it’s no wonder girls are always crushing on him. It’s such a pity he’s such an arrogant jerk on the outside though.

“Good night.” I whispered quietly, as I turned and quietly tip toed into my room.

Jonghyun’s POV

My heart continued beating furiously as the door of Jung Hye’s room closed with a soft bang.

Just half an hour ago, I was getting bored of TV and I needed some sugar for my sudden, unexplainable depression. (I am not a girl! Not only girls need sugar, okay!!!) And the only place that had happened to have some was Jung Hye’s room and her stash of jelly babies.

Well, not as if she would notice, right? So I took a pack out of her many packs and I started digging in while lying down in bed, only to hear the door knob being turned.

Crap. Jung Hye is home!  I started panicking, and wrapped up her jelly babies and hid them under my sheets, pretending to sleep. Hopefully she wouldn’t lift up my covers right, so she wouldn’t see that I took her jelly babies? What kind of does that anyways? (Why was I pretending to sleep in the first place anyways? It’s not like I’m afraid of talking to her. Not at all.)

Before I knew it, I had listened through her whole speech about her dinner date.

Not like I didn’t want to hear it though.

But I was shocked through it all – I couldn’t believe my ears. Jung Hye was talking to me. I was almost sure that she had started hating me more after I began ignoring her again, but – her voice as she talked. Soft and sweet – I compared it to her tone of voice on the first day we met.

Hahaha! Who knew that Jung Hye could be so… fluffy? Even though she was still insulting me from beginning to end! THAT KFC MAN! But…

I miss talking to you, her voice and that one line, I keep getting reminded of.

WHY, JUNG HYE? WHY?

Why do you miss me?

But for me, I don’t miss you. No, not… not at all. Not at all. Me, Kim Jonghyun, does not miss Park Jung Hye.



A/N- Yay! Some Jonghye moments hehe. Hope everyone enjoyed that chapter ^^