HE'S GAY?

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

“OMG I HATE THOSE BLUE TURTLE SHELLS ON MARIO KART.” Jonghyun said, which I guess was probably supposed to sound angry until he started chuckling to himself and checking his phone. Again.

FOR HIS GIRLFRIEND. WHO IS COMING TODAY. I AM SO NERVOUS, AM I REALLY GOING TO MEET HIS GIRLFRIEND TODAY? Omg, I am walking to school with Jonghyun now, and I WILL MEET HER TODAY?

Hmph I bet Jonghyun will never introduce me.

Stupid Jonghyun, I thought as I looked down and kicked at the rock as I was walking.

“H-Hey Jung Hye?”

I kept on kicking on rocks. “Yeah?”

He grabbed me by the shoulders and twisted me around to face him. “YOU’RE NOT LISTENING!”

I blinked and laughed awkwardly, “Heheheh.... of course I was!”

“WHAT WERE WE TALKING ABOUT?”

“Oh, you hate blue turtle shells?”

“DAMN RIGHT! AND I HATE IT WHEN I SLIP ON BANANA PEELS!”

HAHAHAHA I REMEMBER! AT THE START WHEN JONGHYUN KEPT ON SLIPPING ON BANANA PEELS!!

“UNTIL YOU STARTED WINNING ME!!!!! CLUMSY JONGHYUN!”

I started stomping on angrily and expected Jonghyun to follow me and say he was sorry, until I realised that he wasn’t stopping me.

So I looked back, and saw Jonghyun happily texting away on his phone.

HMPH. IS HE GOING TO MEET HIS GIRLFRIEND NOW? WELL, I, PARK JUNG HYE, SHOULD NOT BE THE THIRD WHEEL AND INTERRUPT IN THEIR OBVIOUSLY BEAUITFUL RELATIONSHIP.

And when I was just about to stomp off again, Jonghyun had finished texting and looked up, to see me. He broke out in a big grin and ran towards me.

So I smiled. Jonghyun looked too cute running! Of course I would smile!

Until, of course, he ran past me and into somebody else’s arms.

SO EMBARRASSING. I cannot believe I was smiling at him while he wasn’t even looking AT me.

I hope no one saw that.

I turn around nonchalantly, because it’s not like I actually care how Jonghyun’s girlfriend looks like, although she must be really pretty. And really skinny, maybe not that tall though because then that’s weird since Jonghyun is so short.

But nothing prepares me for what I see.

IT. IS. A. GUY.

JONGHYUN IS HUGGING A GUY.

OH MY GOSH.

JONGHYUN IS GAY!

THERE IS NO OTHER PROPER EXPLANATION FOR THIS! OH MY GOSH! HE IS GAY!

Not that I have anything against gay people, but OH MY GOSH. HE IS GAY. ACTUALLY. WOW. OH. WOAH.

BIGGEST SURPRISE OF MY LIFE.

Although, as expected, the guy is really well, pretty…

Jonghyun POV

KEY!!!!!

KEY!!!!!

I SEE KEY!!!!!

I haven’t been able to see him since… since the stupid incident at my old school, which I don’t even want to think about. But KEY! I’m so happy, I can’t believe his parents actually listened to him and allowed him to transfer to my school!

He’s standing at the side of the school grinning at me.

I REALLY HAVEN’T SEEM HIM FOR SO SO LONG. I run and stop in front of him, unsure of what to do, which is ridiculous because this is KEY!

But it turns out I didn’t need any words because suddenly he was hugging me, and I was hugging him back.

But then I remembered that Jung Hye was still behind me, and it must be awkward for her, so I quickly pull back, earning myself a questioning glance from Key, who then pouted, “Huh! Am I too embarrassing to hug now??”

And then he sees Jung Hye who is still behind me,” Oooh, you sneaky little thing, did you get yourself a girlfriend? She’s pretty~ How did she ever fall in love with a dinosaur like you?? Introduce me!” He jokes as he nudges me and looks at Jung Hye. Who looks really shocked and confused.

“No! Of course not! She’s just a friend. Come on, let’s go to class, I’ll introduce you to some cooler friends I have! I think you will get along great with this one guy named Taemin, you both look like girls!” I quickly throw my arm around his shoulder and steer him away from Jung Hye.

“I don’t look like a girl!!” Key protested, as I kept on dragging him to the direction of the school and away from Jung Hye. PHEW, I got his mind off her!

“Sure, sure!” I mockingly said as we entered through the school.

Key.

My best friend who I thought I’d never see again.

Taemin POV

Today, when Jonghyun walked into class I expected him to come with Jung Hye tagging behind him. And I was nearly taken aback (and somehow relieved) when someone completely different was there instead.

OMO! DID JUNG HYE GET PLASTIC SURGERY!

“Is it just me or did Jung Hye’s hair get funkier?” Minho said from next to me.

“I-I dunno.” IS THAT EVEN JUNG HYE? LOOKS LIKE A GUY... NOT FROM OUR CLASS RIGHT?

Jonghyun waved to us and the stranger behind us threw us a smile.

“TAEMIN! MINHO! I HAVE SOMEBODY TO INTRODUCE TO YOU! HE IS KIM KIBUM! BUT CALL HIM KEY!”

The stranger behind him stepped forward. “Hi, I’m from Jonghyun’s old school and- AIGOOOOOOOOO!”

The next moment, Key was in front of me and frantically running his fingers through my hair and squishing my cheeks. “YOU. ARE. SO. CUTE. WHAT’S YOUR NAME??”

“L-Lee Taemin,” I sheepishly smiled.

He reached into his pocket and grabbed a comb out and started combing it. “Your hair is such a nice blonde colour but it’s so messy! Aigoo!”

Jonghyun, from behind him, shot me an apologetic smile.

 

Jonghyun POV

School has finally ended for the day now.

AND I CAN’T FIND KEY.

HE RAN OFF SOMEWHERE BY HIS OWN.

I AM SO SAD! WHAT IF HE GETS IN TROUBLE AGAIN.

I look around the entrance of the school where everybody was starting to go back home, and I see Jung Hye (I recognize her Doraemon backpack by now)... having a conversation with Key.

I facepalmed myself. I wouldn’t be surprised if Key, the social butterfly, has gotten her number already. EVEN I HAVEN’T YET. AND I LIVE WITH HER!

Key POV

 “How did socially awkward with girls Jonghyun score a cute girl like you?” I asked Jung Hye with a sly smile playing on my lips. (I ran up to her and we exchanged names, her name is so cute!)

“Huh? Score? What?” She asks.

I raised my eyebrow. Isn’t she Jonghyun’s girlfriend?

I shrugged and handed her a piece of paper with my number on it (of course I would have it prepared, I am the Almighty Key). “Call me!” I winked and made the phone hand gesture.

Dumbfounded, she nodded and accepted my paper, and I felt Jonghyun’s strong grip on my arm.

“Come on Key and Jung Hye, let’s go home,” he declared.

Um, what? Jung Hye is also coming home? DOES THAT MEAN…. “OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS! HAVE YOU GOTTEN THAT FAR ALREADY!? HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD ME JONGHYUN!”

Jonghyun looks slightly confused, before he grabs my arm “Key! I told you, we aren’t dating, OKAY? And I’m serious!” Jonghyun whispers furiously at me as he steers me away from Junghye, who looks shocked at my remark, which she should be, because it must be a huge surprise that I, the best friend of Jonghyun, doesn’t even know about their relationship! I mean they even live together! THAT IS LIKE MEANT TO COME AFTER MARRIAGE!

“Then explain to me why you are LIVING together! You sure are a fast mover jonghyun!”

“No! It’s all a BIG coincidence okay? You see what happened was-“

Jung Hye POV

Okay. How awkward.

I’m standing here. Awkwardly. While Jonghyun and Key are two metres away from me whispering to each other and looking very…cosy.

Am I meant to wait for them? Or go? Is jonghyun really actually taking Key home with us? The apartment is already small enough! And how come he is allowed to bring over friends whenever he wants? WASN’T US LIVING TOGETHER MEANT TO BE A SECRET!? Yet he just told Key! Stupid hypocritical Jonghyun who lies!

NEXT TIME I SHALL TELL YOO MI THE TRUTH!

And what exactly did Key mean by Jonghyun and I going along so far? Was he jealous that I lived in the same house as his boyfriend? Well, I suppose that’s understandable, I mean Jonghyun is probably a huge flirt!

Just not with girls.

No WONDER he rejected Yoo Mi! and all those other girls! It’s cause he is GAY.

It all makes sense now!

Actually, Key also seemed like a flirt, since he had given me his number, I mean how weird is that? But I suppose he was just being friendly.

Unlike Jonghyun.

I sigh, how long are they going to take? Jonghyun is still whispering to Key, while sneaking glances at me, I can’t even see Key’s reaction since he has his back to me.

Finally, after what seems like ages, they come back.


“Alright! Come on! Let’s go!” Jonghyun brightly says, as if it was an absolutely normal and planned out thing to have us three walking home. Together.



-X-

A/N OKAY YOU GUYS ARE NO FUN ): NO ONE WAS MEANT TO GUESS IT WAS KEY! IT WAS MEANT TO BE A BIG SURPRISE!!

oh well, we are glad you picked up the hints though XD

OTHER NEWS

WE ARE SO HAPPY WE SAW SHINEE IN REAL LIFE 4 TIMES IN 3 DAYS OH IT WAS SOOO AWESOME!!

WE WERE LIKE LESS THAN A METRE AWAY FROM THEM OH THEY RADIATE AWESOMENESS

THEY LOOK SO NICE IN REAL LIFE *0*

THE CONCERT WAS SO AWESOME TOO *0*

EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME *0*

IT WAS AN UNDESCRIBABLE EXPERIENCE *0*

THEY ARE SO COOL LOL