MUM!

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Jonghyun POV

Whistling A Whole New World from Aladdin, I twisted my keys in the doorknob lock to enter my nice and trusty home which I happened to share with the weirdest KFC man in the universe.

Before I could open the door, I started noticing a muffled conversation that became increasingly clearer with every inch of the door I opened.

“Oh dear! Who’s at the door?”

I pulled my keys out from the lock to meet the eyes of a woman I had never seen until now.

Since when – SINCE WHEN – WAS I IN THE RIGHT HOUSE?! WHY DID I ENTER SOMEONE ELSES?! WHY DO MY KEYS EVEN WORK AT SOMEBODY ELSE’S HOUSE ANYWAYS? HAVE I GONE-

“Oh, umm, HIII!” Jung Hye’s voice broke me from the panic. “JONGGHYUNN! NICE TO SEE YOU!”

I stared back at her new and sudden enthusiasm.

“Uhh. Hi?” I asked, confused. She rose from her seat at the dinner table and walked over to-

TO – WHAT IS SHE DOING?

I stiffened as her arms hesitantly wrapped around me in the most awkward way ever.

“Oh! Who’s this?” The creepy strange woman asked enthusiastically.

“Mum – this is my – boyfriend. His name is Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun.” Jung Hye spoke uncertainly as she unwrapped her arms around me and shot me a death glare.

What the hell!? Boyfriend!? BOYFRIEND?! I wasn’t even meant to be her friend! WHY WAS I HER BOYFRIEND ALL OF A SUDDEN?! SINCE WHEN? WHY DIDN’T JUNG HYE WARN ME ABOUT HER MUM!? Oh my gosh what is Jung Hye doing, oh my gosh why did I even come home! Okay don’t worry Jonghyun, just back out of the house… do a u-turn, a rewind…”Uh sorry I-“

“OH DARLING! THAT’S ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!” The lady who I have now identified as Jung Hye’s mum moved forwards and enveloped me in a tight hug, “my, my! What a handsome lad you are! What has our Jung Hye done to deserve such a handsome guy like you!?”

“Ahahaha! I don’t even know! Ahahaha! Come on mum, don’t smother him too much!!” Jung Hye pulls her mum away from me.

Oh excellent! I must stop this before it gets out of hand, “Um sorry but I’m not-OUCH” before I could say anymore, Jung Hye had launched herself at me again, embracing me in a hug (less awkward than the previous one, but nevertheless out of place) the unexpected impact of Jung Hye caused me to crash into the wall behind me. “Owww- what the-“

“Please please please please act along! Pleeeaseee please, please just this once?? Please??” Jung Hye whispers.

Why was she so close to me, oh my gosh, “But-“

“I don’t want to move out, I want to stay here…please?”

I look at her pleading eyes, “F-fine.”

Immediately, she lets go off me and turns back to her mum who was staring at us, “Haha, sorry mum! I can’t seem to fight the urge to hug him!”

Oh let me puke. This was a thousand times worse than before, because this time, we were being watched.

“Oh don’t worry about it dear! When your father and I were young, we couldn’t get our hands off each other! Once-“

“Alright let’s go eat dinner before it gets cold!” Jung Hye interrupts and starts pushing her mum and I towards the dining room.

Jung Hye’s Mum’s POV

I am so happy! So absolutely delighted! My Jung Hye has gotten herself a boyfriend! And he is quite a catch too! Sure he may be slightly short, but that’s okay because my Jung Hye isn’t that tall either!  I never knew Jung Hye had it in her to get such a guy! Ohohoho time to gossip to all my friends over yumcha about my handsome future son-in-law.

Although I must speak to Jung Hye later regarding those boxers! I don’t want to be a grandmother at my age!

“So,” I started, chewing my dumpling gracefully. “I know you two are in love and all, but… please understand that both of you are young.”

I hoped it was a good place to start.

Jung Hye looked back at me cluelessly. “Umm. Yeah. You’re talking like we’re going to get married.”

Jonghyun gulped next to her. Nawww! Must be those shy boy types!

“Well… I understand that marriage is an important topic, but-“ Both of them choked from across me, “Ahem. At this point of time there are more… things to be aware of.”

Jung Hye raised her eyebrow. “Like what? Mum what are you even talking about?”

This was getting harder to say by the minute! “Baby, you know what I’m talking about! Please be safe, okay!”

“Uhhhh. Okay. I won’t set the oven on fire when I cook…”

“NO NO NO! I mean, like…” I racked my head for any other better way to say it. “I know you’re young and you have urges. So… always! Be safe!”

Jonghyun started viciously choking on his food.

Jung Hye blinked innocently. “What urges?”

“Oh darling! You don’t have to pretend like you don’t know!” Oh dear, it upsets me to think that Jung Hye is not comfortable in talking about these matters with me!

“I really don’t know…” Jung Hye looked back at me in confusion.

“Don’t worry darling, I’m sure Jonghyun knows what I mean!” I turned my attention to Jonghyun, who was still recovering from hearing my words, “Jonghyun dear, I trust you are a reliable young man and will not pressure my daughter into doing anything she does not want to do right?”

Jonghyun gulped, “Uh yes! Of course Mrs Park! But we really aren’t up to that stage yet…”

“Oh don’t be ridiculous my dear! I saw what I saw on that couch! And I’ll have you know I have the sharpest eyes out there!”

“What did you see?” Jung Hye chirped, turning around to peer at the couch.

“Nothing you haven’t seen before dearie~”

“What do you-oh my gosh.” Jung Hye said, as she quickly whipped her head back from looking at the couch and the said item. “Oh. My. GOSH. MUUUUUUM!”

Oh hohohoho, I guess she finally understands what I am talking about!

“It’s alright! I understand you are both teenagers and as teenagers your hormones are-“

“MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM” Jung Hye whined, with a horrified expression.

“I just want you two to be safe!!”

“MUUUUUUUUUUM! STOP ITT!”

Oh dear, I can see I am making both of them quite embarrassed, I suppose I better shut up before they quick me out of the house! “Alright, alright! New topic! So tell me how you guys met! First meetings are always so romantic~ Was it love at first sight?”

Jung Hye’s POV

“Today really was a wonderful night!” My mum leaned in again, to envelope me in what would be the fifth hug today.

Jonghyun, my mum and I have been standing in front of the door for about ten minutes and every time my mum is just about to leave, she turns back with something new to say.

“Now I can relax, knowing Jung Hye is in safe hands!” My mum hugs Jonghyun tightly. Seriously, if I didn’t know better, I would think that my mum had a little crush on Jonghyun!

“Oh you are too kind Mrs Park!” Jonghyun hugs my mum back and grins at me.  I swear, during the course of tonight, he probably had the biggest ego boost ever, what with all the compliments my mum has been lavishing him with,

“Are you sure you don’t need me to send you home?” Jonghyun asks, playing up the chivalrous perfect boyfriend image my mum has of him, “it is really quite late!”

I roll my eyes, oh please Jonghyun! You don’t even your license yet! What are you going to do? Take her on a two hour walk home?

“Jung Hye!” My mum scolds me as catches me roll my eyes, “now that was a very sweet thing for you to offer Jonghyun! But it is alright, I will be quite safe!” She hugs Jonghyun again, “Alright dearies, I really will go now! I hope we will meet again soon! Don’t forget your mum, Jung Hye!”

“Bye!” I wave and smile back.

“Bye Mrs Park! Have a safe trip!” Next to me, Jonghyun waves as well.

And finally, my mum leaves.

“Oh pheeeeeeeeew” I let out a sigh of relief, letting myself slump against a nearby wall, “I am SO glad that whole thing is now over.”

“Do you think?” Jonghyun moves over to stand beside me.

‘You know, none of that would’ve happened HAD YOU READ YOUR TEXT AND-“

The door suddenly opens a crack and my mum sticks her head through, “Oh one more thing!  Remember not leave your underwear strewn everywhere next time your dad and I come! I don’t imagine he will be pleased!” she giggles and closes the door again, leaving me to wallow in embarrassment yet again.

“Okay, let’s just never talk about any of this ever again.”

 


A/N- What is this? Another update? That's right guys! We said we would do something special for our anniversary, so here is a double update :D We haven't posted this often in ages!