Scammed!

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

Today was the day I was going to become an adult.

Just like getting your first kiss meant you were officially a teenager, I was officially going to become an adult.

Why? Because luck had finally decided to shift over to my side and I had actually managed to buy my own apartment. Yes, buy – not rent.

Sure, it had only one bedroom and sure, it was no bigger than the living room of my parent's house, but the important thing is, it is my own apartment. Pure bliss.

That's why I wasn't going to let this guy ruin my day. Maybe it's just me, but you know, when someone says to you, “Oh, are you going to floor 11 too?" you're actually meant to respond because, you know, its something called manners?

But no, when I asked this guy the question, he just glared at me before turning away from me, which was kind of useless considering the fact that we were in the elevator. Well whatever, not as if I care. The elevators opened and I quickly dragged my luggage out.

Mr I'm-too-good-to-speak-to-you guy came out as well. Which was fine, because who was I to hold a grudge? For all I know, his cat could've died today.

I walked along the hallway until I reached the door with my apartment number on it- 1106.

Mr I'm-too-good-to-speak-to-you guy also stopped where I was.

I eyed him nervously.

Was he a murderer? Was he a stalker? Oh my gosh, he must be mentally deranged, and he couldn't speak! No, he looked too normal for that, oh my gosh he was a murderer, he was going to murder me, and-

His wide, big brown eyes (with an inch of nervousness) looked back at me and I was blown away momentarily. I wasn't going to deny it - he was hot.

Then, his eyes changed from confusion to realization: a smirk donning his face. He opened his mouth to speak. "Really, I know I'm hot and all, but you can stop staring and start walking away from my apartment door now."

What?! I was SO not staring at him, just admiring his pretty eyes... wait - what?! APARTMENT? His smirk was still smack bang on his face. Well now he’s called Mr I'm-too-hot-and-too-good-for-you!

"'Scuse me mister, but you got the wrong room. 1106 is mine." I said calmly, making sure that an intimidating edge was added to my voice.

The guy raised his eyebrow. “No, it’s mine. I have the keys to 1106.” He reached into his pocket and presented a single silver key with the numbers 1106 neatly carved into it. “Look, you just got the wrong room.”

This was suspicious. I took out my keys – identical to his.

We exchanged skeptical glances. “Did you get the wrong apartment block?” I asked.

“Pfft,” he sniffed, and slipped in his keys in the keyhole, successfully opening the door. “Looks like mine fits, tough luck.”

He picked up his luggage and started walking in, before I stopped him. This was nonsense! How come his key worked?

“No! My one works too!”

He looked at me doubtfully, but stepped back out, locking the door again. “Try.”

I slipped my keys in and it opened all the same. We were silent with shock – What am I supposed to do now?

Jonghyun POV

Well, this was lovely, what a great way to start my life off in this new suburb, "Look, this must be a mistake, I paid for this apartment okay? Look, I even have a contract here and-"

"I have a contract too!" She cut in as she started rumaging through her bag before triumphantly holding out sheets of paper. "See, look, PARK JUNG HYE, is that your name? No, I don't think so! So please stop ruining my day and go away!"

"Ruining YOUR day? Are you kidding me? I have a contract too!"

She glared at me, “Do I LOOK like I'm kidding you?"

"Fine, you know what, obviously there has been a mistake, so why don't we just call the person who sold this to us?" I said as I begun dialing the owners number on my phone.

 

                Sorry the number you have called is unavailable. Please leave a message or try again later.         

 

She looked at my defeated face and gave me a sharp look. “Recall.”

“I don’t need you to tell me that,” I replied and redialed the number.

No one picked up, and I redialed again and again and again; no answer.

“Aisshhhhh!” She sighed, leaning down on the wall. “Call the real estate place.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Do you think I even remember the name?”

“What are we going to do now?!”

I shrugged and opened the door. “I don’t know but I ain’t going to keep on standing out here. You can do that if you want.” I said, walking in, her footsteps starting behind me. She closed the door and the both of us sat down on the floor.

“I knew something was fishy!” she said, “50 million won to buy this!”

Then something hit me, it cost that much for me to buy this little piece of junk as a room too. I looked around; this place couldn’t be worth more than 50 million in the first place.

Then I looked back at her incredulously and opened my mouth: “Did we just get...”

“Scammed?” Perfect. The girl finished the sentence off for me.


Authors notes:

So, that was the first chapter, please comment about what you thought!! XD I don't know why but I'm so nervous!!