Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 9

 

Days have past since Yunho & Yuri got married. Their days go along like all the other days, Yunho's hard & cold heart & Yuri's sad & lonely heart.

 

One day, when Yunho went to work, Yuri decided to go visit her father for some changes.

 

When Yuri got to her father’s house, it was still the same as Yuri had left it. Her father was in the library as Haeun had said.

 

Mr. Kwon was reading the morning newspaper & didn't even notice Yuri's appearance at all until she cleared .

 

"Hi dad." Said Yuri.

 

Mr. Kwon looked up & saw Yuri. He suddenly stood up & looked at Yuri up & down.

 

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Kwon asked. He sure hasn’t change a bit since Yuri gotten married. She wasn't at all surprised that her father hasn’t change yet.

 

"I thought that I will just come visit since I was bored at home & Yunho Oppa is at work." Said Yuri.

 

"Has he been treating you good?" He asked, without any concern.

 

"Yes, he have." Yuri lied. If she had told the truth, her father still wouldn't care so lying is better for her. She didn't even hesitated to say that or she tried not, too.

 

"Good. Have you had breakfast yet?" Asked Mr. Kwon.

 

"Yes, I have but it would be good to have breakfast with you since it’s been a long time."

 

"Good then. Come on." Mr. Kwon led Yuri to the dining room where they had breakfast together.

 

Throughout breakfast, all Mr. Kwon asked & talked about was Yunho. He sure is proud of his son-in-law who ignores & hurt Yuri all the time. Never did he stop to take a breath but keep going on & on.

 

After breakfast, Mr. Kwon & Yuri said their goodbyes.

 

Yuri & Sunny had appointed a shopping time together. They went to the mall to help choose a wedding dress for Sunny since her wedding was coming up soon. Keunsuk was there, too.

 

When they were taking their wedding pictures, Yuri smile at how lucky they were to be together but Yuri stop smiling when she remembered the day Yunho & her were taking their wedding pictures.

 

After shopping, Keunsuk went back to work while Yuri & Sunny continue shopping for the decorations.

 

"How are you & Oppa doing?"

 

"Bad."

 

"I'm so sorry, Yuri, but I will cheer you up by giving you the bridesmaid position."

 

"That is nice of you, Sunny, but I'm married already & I don't feel like being in that position right now."

 

"Are you sure about that? You might regret that." Tease Sunny.

 

"I'm sure. Your little sister might love to be the bridesmaid."

 

"Yes, she will. She was begging me yesterday but I told her to wait for the answer but since you don't want to be the bridesmaid, she can do it.”

 

"I'm happy for you, Sunny. Keunsuk Oppa is a nice man & is very lucky to have you. I'm sure he will never hurt you." Yuri said hopelessly.

 

"Thanks Yul. You are the best. Oh, how do you like this one? It’s beautiful, isn't it?" Said Sunny, referring to the ornaments.

 

The shopping was done after eight hours & it was ten already. Yuri was tired & needed the sleep.

 

When Yuri got home, she saw Yunho sitting in the living room on one of the sofa. His small, oval-shaped face was hard, dark, cold but handsome.

 

Yuri ignored him & was about to climb up the stairs when Yunho stop her. He stood up & walked over to Yuri.

 

"Where have you been? Do you not know what time it is? It's almost eleven at night." He said coldly, but firmly.

 

"For your information, I went to my dad's house then went shopping with Sunny afterwards. Do you have any problem with it? If you do, please don't tell me because I’m too tired & needed some sleep." Said Yuri.

 

"Don't talk to me in that way Yuri, because I don't like it one bit. Your dad gave you to me & now you are my responsibility. That means you do what I say & ask for my permission if you want to go out for the whole day with your all boyfriends, trying to get them to sleep with you."

 

"You know what?! I don't care what you say! Say whatever you want!" Yuri shouted, "I don't even care if you want to know because I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! Just leave me alone!"

 

Yuri ran up the stairs so quickly, she miss a step & trip. Yunho saw what happened & ran up to her.

 

"Are you alright, Yuri?"

 

Yuri turn to look at Yunho. That was the first gentlest words that he had ever said to her. It sounded so sweet & tender to her ear. Yet, she wanted to get away from him.

 

"Don't hold me. I'm alright & I'm not hurt so go away." Said Yuri. It was true. She wasn't hurt but the heart inside of her almost fell for the man that was her husband.

 

Yuri got up by herself & stood up before Yunho. She look at him for some seconds & then turn & walk away to her room. She took a warm shower & went to bed.

 

When Yuri had left Yunho, he stood there for three minutes. He will never forget how Yuri looked so sad that time but yet, so beautiful. Her hair fell down her face when she turned towards him.

 

Yunho shook his head. Why is he thinking of her? He hated her, right? Yes, he does. He doesn't like her. He hated her. She's not going to get in his way. Never.

 

He went to bed but couldn't sleep at all, ‘Where have Yuri been all day?’ He kept asking himself, ‘Maybe she was telling the truth or maybe she wasn't. Women lies, don't they?’ Yes, they do to him. All women are alike, none of them are different from the women that he have dated. All they wanted was money & his look.

 

The next morning, Yunho was in his office when Jessica came in wearing a khaki twill skirt suit with scarf, "Hello, Oppa. Here are the papers that you wanted me to type & copy out." Said Jessica, putting the papers in front of Yunho neatly.

 

"Thank you."

 

Jessica is a great assistant. She kept up with her worked but still bothered Yunho, that's all. She needed to improve that. Sometimes, she will be flirting with some other guys that work for Yunho but when Jessica sees him, she will stop flirting & pretended to work very hard or run towards him & put her arms around him. Yunho was just too smart for her.

 

"Are you going to the party tonight?" Jessica asked.

 

"Yes, I have to since it's important to me & this business."

 

"You haven't asked me to be your date for the party yet." Jessica said, hinting him.

 

"I'm not going to ask you. I'm taking my wife."

 

"What? But I'm your assistant manager." Said Jessica.

 

"You are Jessica, but I have to take my wife with me because Mr. Sang suggested so. He wants to see me with Yuri there."

 

"Then I will go with no one but myself & I will see you at the party."

 

"& Yuri." Said Yunho, dumbfounded. Why did he say that?

 

"See you & your dear wife there then." Said Jessica, & went out.

 

One hour later, Keunsuk came running in.

 

"You are late today." Said Yunho.

 

"I know. Sorry. Woke up late. Sunny forgot to wake me up again." Said Keunsuk, out of breath.

 

"Sunny? You are depending on her to wake you up? Boy, I sure feel sorry for her. Especially when you two get married."

 

"Hey. You know that I don't like waking up early."

 

"Yes, I do know that. That's why I feel sorry for Sunny."

 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So, I heard that you are taking Yuri to tonight's party." Said Keunsuk.

 

"I guess you heard that from Jessica." Said Yunho, not shock at all about Jessica's big mouth.

 

"Yes, I did. She was out there talking like crazy. She said the reason you were taking Yuri to the party instead of her is because Yuri is jealous of you & her & that Yuri was..."

 

"Yes, yes. I can hear & know what she is talking about. You know that Jessica is wrong. She was mad because I was taking Yuri to the party instead of her."

 

"Good luck. Remember, she is going to be there, too. See you." Said Keunsuk, & walked out, leaving Yunho to think.

 

Yuri was at home, in her room, taking all of her clothes out of the closet. Since Yunho told her she couldn't go anywhere without his permission, Yuri was going to throw away all of her party & pretty clothes, leaving her home & plain clothes in her closet. It took her five hours to do that for eight trash bags of heavy clothes.

 

If Yunho wanted Yuri to asked him before she goes out, he just wishes it. She is never going to asked him. If she wants to go out, she will go out without any permission from her so-called husband.

 

With the help of Taeyeon, they put the trash bags outside in time for the truck that was to come pick up the trashes to throw it away.

 

Yuri was reading a book in the living room when unexpectedly Yunho came home early.

 

"Go get change, Yuri. We are going to a party tonight. Hurry up or we will be late." Was all he said, & went upstairs to his room to take a shower & put on a natural stretch two button poplin suit.

 

After thirty minutes, he came back downstairs & saw Yuri still reading the book in the same spot he saw her when he came home.

 

"What are you doing?! I thought I told you to go change for the party!" Said Yunho, irritated.

 

"What party?" Asked Yuri.

 

"The party that I just told you about. Now, go get dress."

 

"I don't have anything to wear." Said Yuri.

 

"What? I thought you were a party girl."

 

"I am." Said Yuri.

 

"Then why did you said that you don’t have anything to wear?"

 

"Well, you told me that if I were to go out, I have to ask you first so I decided that if I have to ask you, I rather not go anywhere so I threw away all of my party clothes & left me some of my plain clothes that I wear when I stay home." Said Yuri smiling. Now, she got him.

 

She did get him this time. He didn't know what to say so he just drag her out of the house & went to the mall, "What are we doing here?" Yuri asked, when they got to the mall.

 

"Buying you a dress for the party, what else." Said Yunho.

 

Yuri went around the shop, choosing a dress but every time she chose one he will said something is wrong with it. She went through five dresses & got tired & annoy by Yunho so she yelled at him.

 

"Okay! If you keep saying no then choose a damn dress for me!"

 

"I have been waiting for you to say that. Okay. Mmm. Hmmm. No, no. Ugly. Way uglier. Way, way uglier." Yunho murmur, as he went through the dresses. Then he finally lift one up, "How about this one?"

 

Yuri look at it. It was a yellow stylish halter evening dress featuring plunging neckline & draped skirt.

 

"That dress is way out of line! It shows too much skin & I’m not wearing it! Even if I was a party girl once!" Said Yuri, outrage.

 

"Go try it on Yuri, & let me see." He said, looking at Yuri. She look back at him with hatred. Then he added, "Now."

 

Yuri grab the dress from him went into the dressing room. She was too mad to look where she was going & went into the men’s dressing room. Yunho notice & smile.

 

Yuri opened one of the stall & saw a man putting on a pants. He was from the top & he was fat, too. She scream & yelled ert before running out of the men's dressing room. When she got outside, she look at the sign & saw that she went into the wrong one. Yuri then heard laughing. She turn around to look at that someone & saw that it was Yunho. Her face was turning red from embarrassment.

 

"Shut up! It was all of your fault!" Yuri yelled, & went into the right dressing room this time.

 

How she regretted it when the dress fitted her perfectly. She didn't want to go out & show it to Yunho but she had, too.

 

Yuri came out & showed it to Yunho. She looked beautiful. Yunho just nodded his head & dragged Yuri to the cash register.

 

"We will buy this dress." Said Yunho. The cashier look at Yuri with eyes wide opened & then started his job. After Yunho pay for the dress, he bought a olive leaf pendant in sterling silver necklace for her. Yuri was totally embarrass going around the mall dress like that but Yunho wouldn't let her change back into her normal clothes.

 

When they got to the party & as Yuri enter the room in Yunho unwanted arm, everyone turned to look at them. Everyone was whispering about Yunho & Yuri.

 

"Everyone thinks you look lovely in the dress." Whisper Yunho.

 

"Thank you for your comment." Said Yuri darkly.

 

"Your very welcome & there is Mr. Seo. He's looking at us right now." Said Yunho, & led Yuri towards him. Mr. Seo was around the age of fifty & is a very nice man.

 

"Hello, Mr. Seo. This is my wife, Jung Yuri, Yuri meet Mr. Seo who owns one of the business around here, too." Introduce Yunho.

 

"Hi, Mr. Seo. Nice to meet you." Said Yuri politely.

 

"Nice to meet you, too. You look lovely tonight & Mr. Jung here is a very lucky man." Said Mr. Seo.

 

Yuri moved away as they started to talked about business stuff.

 

She was drinking when Keunsuk & Sunny came through the door. They saw her & walked over to Yuri.

 

"Hey." They both greeted, & Yuri greeted them back.

 

"Where is Yunho?" Asked Keunsuk.

 

"Yunho is over there talking with Mr. Seo."

 

"Thanks. I will go now. Have a nice time, sweetie." Keunsuk said, & kiss Sunny on the cheek, "You have a nice time to, Yuri."

 

Keunsuk went off & left both of them.

 

An hour went by, & Sunny was dancing with Keunsuk. Yuri wondered where Yunho was & spotted him with a beautiful woman. She was wearing a beautiful red divine strapless a-line evening dress, featuring beaded waistband, dancing happily with Yunho. Yuri's heart shattered into pieces. It hurts to see her husband dancing with some woman that was so beautiful even though she doesn't love him. He brought her to this party just to embarrass her in front of everyone while he dance with some woman.

 

Yes, she was jealous. Who wouldn't be when her husband is dancing & flirting with a beautiful woman? Yuri turned & walked to the bathroom. She was sure she saw someone following her. After Yuri came out, she saw a dark shadow leaning on the wall. She couldn't see his face but when he walk into the light, she could see that he was quite handsome.

 

Alarmed started blaring in her head, warning her that this man wasn’t a nice one. He came closer but stop before Yuri.

 

"Hi, I have seen you out there. You look lovely tonight. Forgive me but I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Choi Siwon & I own one of the business like your husband too, but I’m not as rich as him. We are rivals, you see." Said the man name Siwon.

 

"H...Hi. I'm Jung Yuri. As you know already, Yunho's wife." Said Yuri.

 

"Sorry this is a bad introduction." Said Siwon.

 

"It's alright. You said you were my husband's rival, right?" Asked Yuri.

 

"Yes, I hope there is no problem between us being friends?"

 

"No, there shouldn't be. You look too nice to be a rival with my husband."

 

Siwon smile, "Do you care for a dance? I see your husband is dancing with one of his women."

 

"Forget about him. I don't care. He shouldn't care either." Said Yuri, & took his hand. Yuri wonder if she was dancing with Siwon because she was jealous of the woman & Yunho being together. Yes, it is.

 

Siwon led Yuri to the dance floor & started to dance with her.

 

"You are a great dancer, Yuri." Said Siwon.

 

"You are, too."

 

They were dancing when Yunho saw them. Jessica turn to look at where Yunho was looking & smile.

 

"I see our rival, Choi Siwon, is dancing with your wife." Jessica said.

 

"Never mind them." Said Yunho, but he couldn't after eight seconds. He left Jessica & walked over to Siwon & Yuri. He grab Yuri's hand from Siwon's shoulder & pull her to his side.

 

"Yunho Oppa." Yuri said, when she saw what he had done, "What are you doing?"

 

"No, Yuri. The question is what are you doing dancing with this guy?" Asked Yunho coldly.

 

"It have..."

 

"Hello, Yunho. I was just kind enough to asked your wife for a dance since you were dancing with Jessica." Interrupted Siwon.

 

"You have no right to dance with my wife so stay away from her." Said Yunho. Before Siwon could answer, Jessica walk in on them.

 

"What are you guys doing here? Fighting over this..."

 

Yunho interrupted Jessica before she could say anything more.

 

"We will be going now." Said Yunho, but Siwon & Jessica stop him.

 

"Oppa, won't you introduce me to your wife. If you won't, I would." Said Jessica, "Hi, I'm Jung Jessica. Yunho Oppa's assistant manager & girlfriend. You must be Yuri."


Before Yuri could hear anymore, Yunho storm out of the party, dragging Yuri along. It was a quiet ride home. When they got home, Yuri ran upstairs to her room before Yunho could stop her. That night was a night of jealousy.