Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 41

 

Yunho lifted his head from the kiss as his name was called.

 

“Mr. Jung Yunho, please come back down & open the dancing floor? People are getting impatient here.” Mr. Han called, looking around for Yunho.

 

Yunho groaned, “Not now.”

 

Yuri chuckled, “Go on but come back down & ask me to dance. I feel like dancing now.”


“Why don’t you come down with me?” Yunho asked, as he looked down & saw Siwon talking to some business partner. He grimaced. He could leave Yuri alone up here not knowing when Siwon will come & talk to her, “I’m sure they won’t mind. Besides, you are not only my wife but my secretary, too.”

 

Yuri fidgeted, “I don’t know.”


“It’s always a tradition for the secretary to help the boss open the dance floor. Come on, please?” He plead.

 

She smiled at his pleading, “Okay then.”

 

Yunho tucked her arm into his & walked her down slowly. He let her follow his every move with every step he took. He was gentle with her & smiled at her whenever she turned to look at him. Finally, after the eternity life of walking down the stairs, they got to the bottom & walked towards where Mr. Han was holding the huge scissor. Yunho took it & proceeded to the red thin banner with Yuri still hanging on his arm. Yuri grabbed her hold of the scissor while Yunho covered his hands over hers. She looked up & blushed.

 

“Shy?” He asked, with a whisper.

 

She turned away from his view, “A little.”

 

He chuckled & told her to get ready. With one swift move, the banner fell onto the marbled floor. The crowd clapped.

 

“Ladies & gentle!” Mr. Han shouted, “The dance floor has been open! Please enjoy yourself for the night & remember, the food stand is open!”

 

“May I have this dance, Mrs. Jung?” Yunho asked, & bowed over to take her hand & kissed her knuckles. Yuri chuckled & nodded, “Of course, Mr. Jung. It will be my pleasure.”

 

Yunho gently twirled Yuri around & their feet landed right on top of the red carpet floor, “That was a nice start.” He said.


“It was.” She leaned her head against Yunho’s chest. She counted every beat of his heart. With every three beats, Yuri said the three magical words to herself but wondered if he loves her or not. It mattered to her in this marriage of theirs, “Oppa.”


“Hmmm?” Yunho said, with his eyes closed & his chin on top of her head.


“Sunny said that she is going to do a baby shower for me but I don’t want one.”

 

Yunho pulled back, “Why not? I mean, it’s going to take all of those stress away from you. I will let you off work anytime.”


“I know you will Oppa, but there will be no one attending the party. I hardly know anyone.” Yuri said.

 

“Of course, you do.” He assured her, “You have Sunny, Keunsuk, my parents & me.”

 

“Guys aren’t allowed to attend.”

 

“What?!” Yunho exclaimed, “Why not?!”

 

Yuri giggled, “It’s a thing for women. You know; women talk. That’s what all man says.” Yuri made a humorous face, “I hate it when they say that.”

 

Yunho groaned, “I will help cook.”


“That’s not going to help Oppa. Sunny & the girls, I don’t know what girls, are going to be all there. That’s what she told me a while ago but I don’t know if I should go.”

 

“Of course, you should go. Sunny’s doing it for you. She won’t be happy if you don’t attend the party. Besides, you are the one who’s going to have the baby. What use would it be without the pregnant woman?”

 

“You are right.” Yuri sighed, “I should go & have fun.”


“That’s the spirit. Now, tell me what Sunny told you about the baby shower? What will there be?” He asked curiously.

 

“Well, Sunny asked me if the party can be held at my place. Keunsuk & her place is mess up right now. So, I guess it will be at my place. I will just tell her later.”

 

When the song ended, Yunho twirled Yuri again.

 

Siwon had watched their every move with every little step. He couldn’t stop but get more jealous than ever. This wasn’t right to him at all. He didn’t deserve the jealousy because of Jung Yunho. Neither did Jung deserve Yuri. None of them did, in fact. Yunho & himself should be living in hell instead of hurting Yuri at the same time. By the look on Yunho’s face, Siwon could tell that the man doesn’t love Yuri. He knew Yunho wanted to make him jealous like always. Yunho wanted Yuri to love him & then ditch her later.

 

Siwon watched as Yuri made her way up to the balcony again. Yunho wasn’t with her. He looked around for him & spotted him talking to Mr. Han, Keunsuk & some other businessman. Siwon smirked for the second time that day. The man didn’t even notices that his wife had left his side.

 

He began to walk through the crowd & up the stairs. He turned his head back again, to make sure Jung wasn’t in sight. He wasn’t. Making his way over to her, he tapped her shoulder. He could tell that she was smiling with her back to him because of her high cheekbone.

 

“Done talking so fast, Oppa?” She asked, without turning around.

 

Siwon squinted his eyes. The woman has no idea it was him. It will be a nice catch to surprises her & he wouldn’t mind hugging her big stomach which was the heir of Yunho. Thinking of it twisted his veins. Of course, he minded. It was Yunho’s flesh & blood.

 

He hugged her from behind.

 

Yuri flinched. It wasn’t Yunho. This body holding her was big & cold. His hold on her was wrong. Yunho usually takes her hand first & then hugged her from behind but this person, he was holding her in all the wrong positions. Yunho was warm & gentle. The person behind her was cold & hard. His breathing wasn’t normal like Yunho but stiff. Yunho would put his chin on her shoulder or on top of her head; this man didn’t. He was holding back.

 

She turned her head around & started to breathe harder. Her heart rhythm tripled. It was him, Siwon, the man who she despises; the man who had tried to ruin Yunho & her life. She quickly spun out of his hold & backed away from him. She looked at his dangerous eyes & her heart paced again.


“What are you doing out here without Yunho?” Siwon asked, as he tilted his head.

 

Yuri hugged herself, “It’s none of your business, Siwon Oppa.” She turned away from him & held onto the railing, “Go away.”

 

He walked up & stood beside her, “Why should I? It’s a free world out here.”


“Are you trying to make me your friend again? If you are, it won’t work.”


“I’m sorry about what I did.” He looked down at the ground, “I guess my plan didn’t work.”

 

Yuri laughed, “Of course not. Why are you trying to ruin Yunho & my life? We are happy together already. We don’t need another villain.”

 

It was Siwon’s turn to laugh now, “I don’t think he loves you, sweetie. You are falling for the wrong man.” Yuri gave Siwon an ugly glare, “How do you know if he loves me or not?”


“I know. He dumped other girls easily just after he made sure that they had fallen for him. I won’t be surprises if you are the next one on his list.” Siwon said, & played with her silky hair.

 

Yuri slapped his hand away & moved away from him, “Leave us alone. You have done enough Oppa, & another one of your trick won’t work on us again.”


“I won’t be so sure about that, sweetie.” Siwon said, “Do you remember how I touched your cheeks?”

 

Yuri flinched.

 

He laughed evilly, “I knew you wouldn’t forget that precious time we spent together. What did that husband of yours said? I think he loved hearing it while you told him. Did he not?”

 

Yuri couldn’t control her anger anymore & slapped him before hot tears fell down her eyes & burned her cheek. She turned & ran away. Before she got to the stairs, she bumped into a chest, making her looked up.

 

“Oppa.”


“Yuri. What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He asked, holding onto her face & wiping her tears away.

 

She threw her arms around his neck & hugged him closely. Something inside of her was afraid to let him go. It couldn’t be true of what Siwon had said, could it? He wouldn’t leave her, would he? She was falling deeply in love with the man. She could feel that sometimes Yunho wouldn’t let her go. The way he hugged her was something different which she had never felt before with any guy. He has a warm heart.

 

He pressed his hand onto the back of her head & brought her face closer to his shoulder. He was going to let her cry it all out first before letting her explain but as he looked up at the balcony, his question was answered. Siwon raised his champagne glass & gave Yunho another truce. Yunho cursed. He shouldn’t had been so involved in the talk with Mr. Han. Now look what he caused. The damn man had hurt Yuri again, & he couldn’t do anything now since Yuri was the one that needed the love!

 

Yunho couldn’t help it but raised his middle finger at Siwon. He pressed a little smile to his lips when Siwon threw his glass down the balcony & walked away, giving him & Yuri a breeze of the fresh air from outside. Yunho drew his attention back to Yuri. He pressed his lips to her hair & left it there, consoling her.

 

“Yuri.”

 

She wouldn’t look up at him but shook her head against his shoulder.


“He’s gone now, sweetheart. I won’t let him hurt you anymore.” She still wouldn’t look up at him, “I’m sorry I wasn’t there with you. I’m sorry that he hurtled you. I’m sorry for everything.”

 

She looked up at him then, “Take me home Oppa?”

 

He looked at her teary face & nodded, “Alright, but let’s go down & say our goodbyes.”

 

She didn’t answer him but walked with him down the stairs. After their early goodbyes, Yunho took her home. They were silent in the car & it was a long ride home. He tried to cheer her up a couple of times but it hardly worked. Finally, they reached her house. He got out & helped her. Luckily, she accepted his help. They walked into the living room. He helped her sit down & kneeled by her side.

 

“Yuri. What did he really say to you?” He asked, “If you don’t want to tell me, it’s alright. I will understand.”

 

Yuri looked at him. Yes, he would understand but would he understand her love for him? He probably wouldn’t, “I rather not talk about it Oppa. Would you stay with me for tonight? I don’t want to be alone.” “Sure. I wouldn’t want to leave you all by yourself.” He touched a strand of her hair, “Would you like me to carry you up?”


“No. I want to sleep out here tonight.” Yuri closed her eyes. Yunho looked at her tired face. She had already fallen asleep. He went upstairs in search for two blankets. After a long time of searching, he finally found some unused ones.

 

Yunho put a blanket on top of her & kissed her cheeks, “Goodnight.” He walked to another sofa & lay down with his head on top of his arms. He looked up at the dark ceiling. He would have been lonely without Yuri but he couldn’t figure it out why he couldn’t love her. Maybe it was because he had had too many women in his life but none of those women could have compare to Yuri. She was a beauty but he was the beast who couldn’t ever find true love. Not even the woman he had found out that would make his life a fulfilling one could he love. Yes, that was the beast’s heart & it was hunting him.

 

Yunho turned to his side & looked at Yuri. The moon’s ray shone on her like an angel. She shouldn’t be here with him. He didn’t deserve her. He was too harsh on her sometimes but she kept on giving him her love. She was a woman of true love.

 

Yunho couldn’t take it anymore. He got up in the dark & walked over to her. He kneeled beside her & touched her cheeks. She looked so lovely. He felt like making love to her now but she was pregnant. He couldn’t be too harsh on her. She stirred. Her amazing eyes opened & look up at him. It blinked once & then twice.

 

“Oppa.” She tried to get up but he held her down by the shoulder.


“Don’t.”

 

Yuri lay back down & stared up at his handsome, tireless, face, “What are you doing up?”


“Nothing.” He said gently .

 

Something was troubling him & she could tell, “What’s wrong?”

 

He shook his head, “Really Yuri. There’s nothing wrong.”

 

“I know there is, Oppa. Tell me?” She plead.

 

He sighed but chuckled, “Would you believe that I wanted to make love with you right now? You look so tempting.”

 

Yuri parted her lips. She cupped his cheeks, “Me too, Oppa.” She sighed, “But only when that person loves me.” Yunho closed his eyes & took in a deep breath. When he opened them back up, he said, “I’m sorry to wake you up. Go back to sleep.” He kissed her cheek & walked back to the other sofa.

 

Yuri watched him. Glitters filled her eyes but not a tear fell down her cheeks. She had received the answer to her question if he loves her. It was simple enough. He didn’t love her. He acted as if he loves her but he doesn’t. Maybe Siwon was right. Maybe Yunho is going to divorce her after he had made sure that she loves him. Maybe, just maybe, he only wanted her body.