Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 1

 

Yuri drove her blue BMW Z4 into the driveway & park. Getting out of the car she sigh. Wearing a black sleeveless mock neck dress with a black ashli lace up cage booties, she walked up the stairs to where she called home. She tried to walk quietly down the hall so her father wouldn't hear her but it was no use, the high heel was rather loud.

 

"Yuri! Come here right now! Where have you been?! It's midnight already, for god sake!" Her father yell, from the living room. She walk over to her father & look down at him, giving him an ‘I don't care’ look.

 

"Somewhere you don’t need to know.Why?"

 

"Why?! Don't you dare question me, young lady!" Yell Mr. Kwon, shooting up from his seat, "I’m your god damn father! The one who raise you up since you we were a kid!"

 

"You called yourself a father? Or may I say god damn father! I didn't even need you to raise me up. I could have done it myself. Thank you very much."

 

"Why you little." He slap her across the cheek, making it turn red. Yuri could feel tears swelling up in her  brown, almond-shaped eyes, yet she didn’t dare blink or her tears will fall. She have been through it all of her life. Her father will always come home from gambling, drunk. He had always beaten her mother & her up all the time until one day her beloved mother finally die from a car accident. Though her mother love him very much she wouldn't leave him at all.

 

"Go up to your room right now. You will not leave this house at all until I say so. Tomorrow, I have some business to talk to you with. Haeun." a maid came running down from the hall & stop in front of Mr. Kwon, "Yes, Mr. Kwon." Said the scare, yet young maid.

 

"Take Yuri up to her room & don’t let her out of this house. Do you hear me?"

 

"Yes, Mr. Kwon."

 

Mr. Kwon turn to Yuri & said, "I will see you tomorrow." & walked away.

 

Yuri turn & ran to her room while her tears ran down her red cheeks. Entering her bedroom, she slam the door shut & ran to her bed, her tears wetting her pillow. She couldn't stop crying at all. How she hated this house. It never brings any peace. Only tears & darkest. She have always ask herself if she love her own father but there never came any answer. She had always lived in this cold world. Yet, she wanted to change it but have never found a way.

 

Haeun knock on the door & open it. She found a crying angel whose life have been ruin since she was born, "Miss Yuri? I brought something to make your cheek feel better." Said the maid.

 

"Just put it on the table. Thank you." Yuri mumble.

 

"Yes, miss Yuri. Goodnight." Said the maid, & went out of the door.

 

After a few minutes later, Yuri manage to stop crying & called her best friend, Sunny.

 

"Hello, Sunny talking." Said someone cheerful from the other line.

 

"Hi, Sun. It's me, Yuri."

 

"Yuri? You sound different. Have you been crying again? It's your father again, right?"

 

"Yes & yes. Sunny, I need to talk to you. I feel so lonely now. Can you come over?"

 

"Mmm. Sorry, Yul. I'm with someone right now. How about tomorrow?"

 

"Tomorrow? Tomorrow's too late. Never mind then. Bye."

 

"Yuri, wait. Mmm. Since you are feeling down I got something special to tell you."

 

"Yeah, go on, I'm listening." Said Yuri.

 

"I'm engage. I'm engage, Yuri."

 

"What? When? How?"

 

"I'm engage. Just right before you called & I love him very much."

 

"Who's him?"

 

"Jang Keunsuk. The one & only Jang Keunsuk, Yuri."

 

"The one & only? Anyway, why didn't you tell me? & how long have you two been together?"

 

"I didn't tell you because you always make fun of my boyfriends. We have been together for eight months now." Answer Sunny.

 

"Eight months & you didn't even tell me. Are you sure its eight month & you are ready to get married?"

 

"Yeah, I'm sure. Oh, I have got to go now. Talk to you soon. Sorry. Bye."

 

"Bye."

 

Yuri hung up the phone & walk to her drawer. She opened the first one & took out a picture of her mother, "Good night, mom. I love you." Yuri whisper, & kissed the picture. She turn off the lights & walk to her bed in the dark.