Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 19

 

Slamming the door to his car, Yunho ran up the stairs & knock loudly on Siwon’s door. A minute later, a maid came to opened the door.

 

“Where is Siwon?” He asked hoarsely, scaring the poor maid.

 

“M...Mr. Choi is in the his study room, sir.”

 

“Tell him Mr. Jung wants to talked with him.” Yunho said, & entered the house without the maid’s permission.

 

Five minutes later, Siwon came down the stairs, surprised that Yunho was at his house. Yunho turned to look at him & asked, “Where is Yuri?”


“Yuri?” Siwon asked dumbfounded.

 

“I know Yuri’s here. Now, tell me where you are hiding her?”


“I don’t know what you are talking about Yunho. Get to the point.”

 

Yunho glare at him & hissed impatiently, “Yuri’s gone! When I got home, I couldn’t find her anywhere!”

 

“& you assume that she’s hiding here in my house?”

 

Yunho didn’t answer just yet. He doesn’t know where Yuri’s really at. Maybe she might be at her father or Sunny’s house.

 

Before he could answer Siwon, his cellphone rang. He hope it was Yuri. Maybe, just maybe, she would decide to call him about her whereabouts.


“Hello.” Yunho said, into the phone with his eyes still on Siwon.


“Mr. Jung, I just call everyone & they said that they haven’t seen Mrs. Jung yet.” Yunho’s hope fell. It wasn’t Yuri. It was Taeyeon. Taeyeon continue but hesitated, “& they said that they are all coming over to see what’s going on.”


“Okay. Just keep them company & I will be home in a bit.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Jung.”


“Where else would she be?” He said, after the call from Taeyeon.


“I don’t know but she’s not here, I can tell you that.”

 

Yunho was getting impatient with him. If Siwon doesn’t hurry up with his nonsense, he is going to search his house.

 

Yunho grabbed Siwon by his black perry ellis chevron printed shirt collar, “Where is she for the last time?”

 

“I said she isn’t here! If she was here I had have handed her over to you when you asked for her!” Shouted Siwon.

 

Yunho loosened his hold on Siwon & took a step back, “If I find out that she’s here & you are lying, I swear I will kill you.”


“This is my house & whatever you say to me, that threatens me, I can sue you.” Siwon smirk.

 

“Chicken out so soon Siwon? I thought that you were tougher than that.”

 

Siwon’s oval-shaped face turned red with anger. Yunho smiled at his victory & walk out. Getting into his car, he drove around, trying to find Yuri. He went to the beach, park & also search some of the clubs just in case Yuri was in there, going crazy again, but he couldn’t find her anywhere & drove back home. He got out of the car & the first thing Yunho saw was the unfinished snowman. He smiled & walked up to it. Remembering how excited Yuri was when she was rolling the big snowball, he chuckled. She was so beautiful & lovely. How he wished she was right there with him right now to finish the snowman. This winter was the longest one ever that he could remember.

 

When he step into the living room, Yunho could hear angry voices going on. His face saddened. Right now, all he wanted to do was wait for Yuri & see if she returned home.


“Hey.” He said in a low voice. Everyone turned to look at him & then rushed towards him.


“Where is Yuri, Yunho?” Asked his mom.


“I...I don’t know.”

 

Mr. Kwon came up to Yunho & grabbed him by the collar, “Where the hell is my daughter?! If she doesn’t return home in a few hours, I swear I will kill you with my own hands. Do you hear me? She’s my only daughter. If…”

 

Mr. Jung & Keunsuk were trying to pull Mr. Kwon away from shaking Yunho. It took a while but when they both finally succeeded, a voice broke out.


“What’s going on here?”

 

Everyone turned to look at where the voice came from. It was Yuri. No one moved towards her. They were all quiet, looking at Yuri. Her eyes were red. She had been crying & her glossy baby pink lips were swollen. Her hair was in a mess & she was wearing nothing warm but a black dkny hooded double-ed taxi trench coat & cropped straight-leg jeans. It was still winter outside.


“Yuri, where have you been? We have been here for so long.” Said Sunny, running to her & hugging her so tightly that Yuri almost couldn’t breathe.


“Sun.”


“I thou...thought you ran away. I...I couldn’t hav...have live without you.” Cried Sunny.

 

Keunsuk quickly move Sunny away from Yuri & try to comfort her.

 

“Yuri, darling. Where were you? We have been waiting here for you for so long & got all worried.”

 

“Mom, I’m okay. Just a bit tired now.” Said Yuri to Mr. Jung.


“Don’t you ever do that again, okay? Your mother was very worry about you.” Said Mr. Jung.

 

Yuri tried to smile her best but failed. She looked at her father but he just stood there, looking at her. She was waiting for the blow that she deserve for not telling them where she was going but instead of slapping Yuri, Mr. Kwon controlled his temper & walk away. He was angry with her but he had been very worry. Thank god, she came back home. He couldn’t tell her his love to Yuri yet. Not until the time was right for him.

 

Yuri turned to looked at Yunho & looked away quickly. She couldn’t face him yet. It was too hard for her. One glance at him told her that he had been looking for her the whole time since he found out that she was missing. He looked tired. His hair was in a mess & his clothes were all wrinkle & not in place. Suddenly, she felt guilty. Guilty that she made them all worry, especially Yunho. He was now sitting on a chair. Hunching over, his elbow was on his knee & his hands digging into his hair. He didn’t even look up at Yuri one bit to make her feel better about her running away.

 

After everyone went home, Yunho was still in his same position with Yuri looking at him. How she hated herself for making Yunho worry about her but was he worry about her? Or happy that she was missing? Either way, she still felt guilty.

 

She walked up to him. It had taken all her courage.

 

“Oppa? Are you alright? I’m so sorry for going out & not telling you. I know I made a big mistake but will you please forgive me? I promise never to do that again.”

 

Yunho just sat there. He didn’t answer her.

 

“Oppa? Will you please listen to me?” Yuri pleaded, with tears swelling up in her eyes but he still didn’t move. Eight minutes pass with her standing there & Yunho sitting on the chair. Yuri was getting tired so she gave up. Without hesitating, Yuri walk away from the room & went up to her room to take a shower.

 

She has been to her mom’s grave. It’s the only place that she long to be when she was sad. Her mom. The only one she knows that really loves her since she was still a little girl. When Sunny & her mother-in-law had asked her where she had been, Yuri didn’t want to reveal her secret place. It was her secret & will always be her secret alone.

 

She got into the tub & took a warm shower. So refreshing was it after her long journey. Drying herself with a towel, she cover herself with nothing but a navy stripe long-sleeve fleece robe. She walked out of the bathroom & let out a screamed. Yunho was sitting on her bed, looking at her without blinking.

 

“What are you doing in here?”

 

He just smiled.

 

The way he smiled made her spine tingle in a funny way. Remembering that she wasn’t wearing anything underneath her robe, she wrapped her arms around herself tightly. Didn’t she lock the door? How did he get in? “Hi.” He said hoarsely.

 

“Op…”


“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you. I just came in to say I would take your apology. You know you shouldn’t have run off like that & not tell anyone.”


“I know, I shouldn’t have.” Yuri reply. She was relaxing now.

 

They were quiet for a second.

 

Then Yunho spoke up, “Yuri. I’m sorry for what I did. I wasn’t myself that night. I know I hurtled you but please forgive me? I do understand if you don’t want to forgive me but please know that I’m truly sorry.”

 

Yuri didn’t answer him. She turned away, not wanting him to see the tears in her eyes.

 

Yunho looked down. If Yuri didn’t want to forgive him, he will understand. He got up & was about to exit her room but stop. Turning back around to see her looking at him, he reach into his left pocket & took out a jewelry box. It was his birthday & Christmas gift for her but he had never had the chance to give it to her. When he took her out to dinner, Yunho was about to give it to her but didn’t have the nerve to.

 

Yunho opened the box to revealed a cubic zirconia double heart pendant necklace. It was beautiful. Yuri stood there, looking at the box that held the beautiful necklace. Without her permission, Yunho walked around Yuri & lifted her wet hair up. Yunho placed the necklace on her chest & raised it up to her neck. After locking the two ends of the necklace together, he trailed his hand on Yuri’s smooth skin on the back of her neck. Surprised, Yuri turned around & met his lips. He took hers & passionately kissed it softly. Yunho put his hands on her wide hips, bringing her body closer to his. Before he can deepened the kiss, Yuri pushed him back & turned away from him.

 

Yunho, unsure of himself, turn away. He shouldn’t have done that. He knew it was wrong but he couldn’t resist it. Walking to the door, Yunho opened it.


Without turning back to look at her, he whispered, “Good night.” & closed the door.