Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 27

 

Yunho stood there, looking down at his wife. She is so perfectly beautiful. She felt & fit exactly where he wanted her to be, in his arms.

 

He kneeled down beside her & stare at her sleepy & pale face. She still looked tired from last night & he wanted her to have more rest. His heart wouldn’t settle down if he knew that she was sick.

 

When he turned to go, he heard a ruffling noise from Yuri, making him stopped. He thought she was awake but she was just getting into her sleepy position. He smiled. His heart & mind wouldn’t let her go. No matter how hard he tried to get Yuri out of his head, he couldn’t. She stood strong in his heart.

 

He made himself turn around & met up with his working table, ‘That’s it.’ He thought, ‘If I can’t say goodbye to her then I will write goodbye to her.’

 

With that, he settle down on the chair & started writing. Once he was done, he got up & walked over to his side of the bed. Laying it on top of his pillow, he knew that something was missing. Him. She will want to see him, too. Not just his sweet letter.

 

‘Smart thinking again, Jung Yunho.’

 

He looked around the room & spotted his digital camera. He quickly grabbed it & lie back down on the bed. Yuri was facing him & she looked like she was accepting a kiss from someone soon & that’s going to be him. He moved closer to her lips & touches his with hers lightly. He didn’t want to wake her up yet & ruin his surprises. He held the camera up in the air & angle it at them. He got it to the right position & closed his eyes. After pushing the button, he got up & went to his computer. He printed the picture out & look at it. Just perfect.

 

Yunho put the picture next to the note & looked at Yuri. God, he wanted to kiss her. He wanted to kiss her sweet pale lips but he remembered something important he has to do first.

 

Whispering goodbye to her, Yunho walked out of the room & drove off to the church where Mrs. Kwon was buried. He had just call Eunhyuk this morning & asked the whereabouts of where Yuri’s mom was buried. He knew she wanted her parents to be together & that’s what he’s doing. He wanted the best for Yuri. He wanted her to be happy in this lifetime & forever.

 

Yunho walked into the church & look around. He spotted the priest kneeling down on the wooden bench, praying. Walking down the long aisle, Yunho kneeled down beside him. He down up & close his eyes. This feeling was like a new feeling inside of him.

 

Yunho opened his eyes & smile. This was going to go the way he planned it. The voice beside woke him up from his daydreaming.


“God is giving you luck. Is he not?”

 

Yunho, surprised, turned to look at him. He was in his eighty with all white hair. Even if he was old, his face shows neither wrinkles nor tiredness.

 

“Yeah. How did you know?”


“I know, son. I just know.” He turned to look at Yunho & smile, “I’m Jae. I have never seen you here before. How may I help you?”


“Hi, I’m Jung Yunho. I need to find someone name Aecha Kwon.”


“Ah. I know exactly where she is.”

 

Yunho could see his eyes squint as he said that & his smile became wider.


“Can you show me?”

 

“Follow me.”

 

Jae stood up & walked to one side of the door with Yunho following from behind. They came to a room full of statues & paintings. Walking past them, they came to a door. Jae opened it & rays of sunlight came in, followed by a soft breeze of spring air. Yunho followed him out & found a thousand of tombstones. The place was fill with soft grass & a few trees here & there. Further away, the trees thickened a little & became darker.

 

“Here we are.” Jae said, & clasps his hands together.


“Where?”

 

“The place where you want to see Aecha Kwon.” The priest answer simply.


“I mean, can you show me the exact spot where she was buried at?”

 

“Just follow the trail you see at the bottom of your foot.”

 

Yunho looked down & saw it. He followed the trail with his eyes. It seems to go on & on.


“How do I know which one is hers?” Asked Yunho.

 

“Follow the trial & when it ends, that’s where she is.”


“Thank you.”

 

Yunho turn & follow the trail. As he walked further, the trail became lighter. He felt like he has been walking for eternity when he came to a stop. The trail ended & there in front of him was the tomb he has been looking for. It still looked new & looks like it has been clean several times. He guessed the priest has been cleaning it since he knew exactly where Mrs. Kwon was located instead of looking in some book.

 

Yunho walked closer to examine it. It was in a rectangular shape with an angel on top of it. He kneeled down on the ground & touch the picture of Aecha Kwon. In the picture, she looked young & about the same age as Yuri but a few years older.

 

He looked away from the picture to read the crave words, “In & out here, you never really knew love but inside, you saw love.”

 

Yes, he knew very well what that means. It lives in his life now.


“Yes, now that I have seen my mother-in-law & she looks like my lovely wife at home, I have the same feeling.” He whispered to the picture, afraid that he might be heard.

 

Yunho stood up & looked at the soil next to the tomb, just perfect for the burial. Yuri would love it. A silly smile came to his lips at his thought. He wondered if she was up now & reading the note he left for her. He so wanted to be with her & his thoughts, too.

 

‘Oh Yunho, if you want to be with her, why are you standing here so foolishly? Finish up with your planned & get going.’ His mind told him. With that, he jogged back to the church & told the priest to get the church ready for the burial.

 

Yuri opened her eyes to see a cold sheet left behind by Yunho. She squeezes her eyes shut. Today was the day that she needed help the most & the one that she wanted was gone. He went off to work & doesn’t even care about her or her father’s death. Yesterday, he acted in front of everyone that he cares about her & today, while they weren’t in public, he doesn’t even care a bit about her. She hates people who pretend but she can’t help it but love him.

 

Without looking at his pillow where he put the note & picture, Yuri got up slowly & walked to the door. She opened it & walk out, closing the door behind her. Walking across to her room, she went to the bathroom & looked at her image in the mirror.

 

With a sad face & bags under her eyes, Yuri looks like she aged. Yes, she does feel like years has past by, living her life the same old same old. Yet, it hasn’t even been a year since they have met. She still feel the same for him. Anything to make him happy, she will do. She just wanted his love back.

 

Yuri shook her head to clear her thoughts away. Right now, what is most important is getting to the hospital & taking care of business. If Yunho doesn’t care, she could do this all by herself. She was sure of it. She remembered her mom’s funeral. She followed her dad everywhere, taking in information about that stuff. Even if she was just a little girl back then, she was smart & had a good memory.


“Everything is going to be alright. You can take care of this, Yuri. With or without Yunho Oppa.” She told herself, “You still have his unborn baby. It will feel like you have Oppa’s heart inside of you, too.”

 

She touched her flat stomach where their unborn baby lies. She has to tell Yunho about the baby before it was too late. This baby is going to be their lifesaver.

 

She took off her clothes & got into the shower. After taking a shower, she brush her teeth. She chose a black long & lean dress with a black strappy heel.

 

Yuri looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes still have bags under it. She sighed. Now, she has to put some powder on her face. She doesn’t have time but she needs to put some on. After she put on the powder, she was ready & drove to the hospital.

 

Yunho drove into the driveway & parked his car. He ran up the steps to the house but something stopped him. He turned back around. As he looked at all the cars, he notice one particular car was gone. Yuri’s car. He curses under his breath & kicked the rail. Didn’t Yuri read his note?

 

Yunho continued running up the stepped & ran into his room where he expected Yuri to be but she wasn’t there. He looked at his note & picture he had took. It hasn’t even been touched since he left. It was still in the same position. He ran back down the stairs & met Taeyeon.

 

“Where’s Yuri?” He asked. His face was flush with anger. Now Yuri would think that he didn’t care a bit about her or her father’s death. He had to explained it all on that piece of paper but damn it, Yuri didn’t even see it! He shouldn’t have left without telling her but he wanted it to be a surprises. It was his fault. Now his surprises about where the burial would be held at will have to wait. He has to find her before the surprises could be ruin.

 

“I don’t know, Mr. Jung. I didn’t see her this morning.” Answer Taeyeon. With those words said from Taeyeon, Yunho ran out of the house, ‘Now, where could she be at?’ He asked himself.

 

If Yuri thought that he didn’t care about her father’s death, she would probably do everything by herself. The first place she would go to is the hospital.

 

Yunho started his car & drove away to the hospital. When he reach there, he went in search for her. It took him eight minutes before he turned around the corner & heard her crying voice.


“No! My dad was in there yesterday!” She cried, & yelled at the same time.

 

The young & new male nurse seems to be more scared than Yuri is. He force his mouth to open & stuttered, “I...I don’t know, miss. A...A guy came in this morning &...&...”

 

“Oh, my god. A guy took my dad? I’m going to sue you guys if you don’t find my dad. Do you hear me?” “Yeah, I...I...I’m…”

 

"Where is my dad you damn man?! Where is he?” Yuri started to pound the nurse on his chest but two strong hands stopped her. It turned her around.


“Yuri. What’s wrong?” Yunho asked, holding her at the shoulder.

 

Throwing her arms around him, she cried, “Oppa. My daddy’s gone. Someone took him.”

 

Yunho wrapped his arms around her tightly. It was good to have her in his arms again.


“Don’t cry, Yuri.” He said. He turned his attention to the nurse, “You can leave now.”

 

Reluctantly, he left Yunho alone with Yuri.


“Yuri, look at me.” He said. She shook her head hard & cried even more, “Yuri, please look at me?”

 

She ceases her crying & wipe her tears away. When she pulled back to look at him, her tears stop. In front of her was the one she loves. The only man that could make her cry & stop her tears. The only man that could melt her heart with only one glance.

 

“Oppa, this guy took my dad away. Some...Someone stole my dad.”


“No, Yuri. That guy was I. I came here early this morning & took care of business. Don’t worry.” He said, as he brush a strand of hair away from her face.

 

“You took my dad?”


“& put him somewhere safe.”


“Why didn’t you tell me?”


“Didn’t you see the note I left for you on top of my pillow?” He asked, even though he knew the answer he wanted to be sure.

 

“What note? I didn’t see any note.”


“I knew you didn’t. It was still in the same place.”


“Where’s my dad?”

 

“That’s a secret & surprises. Come on, we need to get you home & then we will headed to the church.”

 

Before Yuri could ask anything else, Yunho took her hand & led her out of the hospital. When they got home, Yunho took her hands again, & led her up the stairs towards his room. As Yuri stepped into his room, she looked at the bed & spotted the folded note & the face down printed picture. She walked over to it & picked the note up, leaving the face down picture on the pillow.

 

Before Yuri could unfold it, Yunho interrupted her, “You can read it while I take another shower.” He told her, & shut the door to the bathroom.

 

Yuri unfold the paper & started to read it.

 

‘Dear sleepyhead,

 

Did you have a nice sleep? I’m so sorry I have to leave you now but I promise you I will be back. I’m headed to the hospital to take care of dad’s stuff. Don’t leave the house. I will be back to pick you up soon. I have a surprises waiting for you. See you then.

 

Yunho’

 

With that, he added a smiley face after his name, making Yuri smiled. He can always lighten up her days.

 

She looked down & pick up the picture. She turned it over & her smile widened into a laugh.

 

“You monkey.”

 

He had stolen a kiss from her again, & when she was sleeping. She kissed him on the picture & smiled. Now, she knows that Yunho does care about her. She misjudged him too much.

 

She walked to his wardrobe & opened it. She chose a black traveler tailor fit two button suit with plain front trouser for him & lay it out on the bed. Doing the same thing as him, Yuri wrote a note & went outside to wait in the car for him.

 

“I feel like a schoolgirl.” She said, as she sat in his car.

 

Her face suddenly sadden. Here she is, giggling over a childish thing while her dad is waiting to be bury. She should feel shameful & she did. She doesn’t blame Yunho who is trying to brighten up her day. She blame herself for being so careless.

 

Yunho came out of the bathroom with his towel wrap around his waist & steam around him. He spotted the suit Yuri lay out for him but she was nowhere to be found in his room.

 

He picked up Yuri’s note & start reading it.

 

‘Dear Mr. Jung Yunho,

 

You stole a kiss from me again, & now, you will have to suffer the consequences. No, it’s not kisses. I could have made you pay but I decided to let you off a bit. I’m not waiting for you. You will have to come down to the car by yourself. Bye.

 

Yuri’

 

Yunho grin. Even though Yuri is sad about her father’s death, he knew that he was brightening up her day. He wanted her to be happy. He hope that she had forgotten about the divorce paper. Those wouldn’t help her at all.

 

He put on his suit & walked outside. He saw Yuri through the window, sitting comfortably & waiting patiently for him. He got in & look at her. Her face had change. Just some minutes ago, he could picture her face brightening when he read her note but this Yuri beside him wasn’t smiling or even blushing.

 

“Yuri? Are you okay?” He asked her worriedly.


“I’m fine. Just drive where you want to take me.” She said plainly, & turned away so he wouldn’t see the threatening tears in her eyes.


“Yuri.”

 

Yuri shook her head for him to leave her alone. She didn’t trust her voice.

 

Yunho wanted to shake her & asked her what was wrong but something inside of him told him otherwise. He turned back around & face the front. His hands were on the steering wheel, grabbing onto it tightly. His knuckles were turning white. If he doesn’t grab onto something, he was sure he would shake Yuri until he got his answer.

 

Damn! He doesn’t understand her at all. What’s gotten into her suddenly? He thought he had cheer her up already. Something was definitely wrong but he couldn’t point it out. Did he do something wrong to make her like that? If he did, what did he do wrong? He’s not recalling anything at all.

 

Yunho jolted out of his thoughts. His hands were hurting & it was useless thinking about what’s wrong with Yuri now. If he just sit there thinking, they will get nowhere & his mind would get more wild, trying to ask himself what he did to make her so sad.

 

Yunho took one last look at Yuri. He knew she was crying but he couldn’t do anything. Yuri’s too stubborn. His heart ached but he knew it’s best if Yuri had her time.

 

He started the engine & drove out of the driveway. They have been in the same car thousands of time before, not talking to each other but this one is the most devastated one ever. He hates the silent. From time to time, he would turn to look at her but will never meet her face. She still had her head turn away from him, looking out at the window. Again, his grip on the steering wheel tightened. He swear he could pull out the thing right now if only he had a goofy car just like Tom in the movie ‘Just Marry’ & if he could just say ‘Frankly dear, I don’t give a damn’ to Yuri, his hands wouldn’t be burning right now but no. He does give a damn! If Yuri is worried, it was his problem. He would feel like he has to take care of her & he would. God. He just wanted Yuri to be happy. Making her happy means the world to him.

 

Yuri stared out into the world of the beautiful trees. She wondered why Yunho was taking her out here. Was he really taking her to her dad? She trusted him not to take her anywhere else. She guess she had already put all of her trust in him.

 

Yuri had already cried out all the tears that she can silently. It wasn’t so easy for her. She knew she had make Yunho worried about her but she didn’t want to tell Yunho what was bothering her. She feels guilty, having fun without her dad. Almost all of her life, she had never had fun with her dad before. Now, she had to suffer the consequences. It was mostly her fault she didn’t have some fun with him. Now is the time for her to mourn. She had planed to tell Yunho about the baby during the ride but she didn’t feeling like it was the time to tell him yet. She wanted to wait until the funeral was done & then tell him. That maybe the only best time to tell him.


When Yunho signal to turn right, Yuri woke up to reality & turned to look at Yunho with a questioning face. He just smile & nodded his head towards the church where the burial was going to be held at.

 

♡ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TIFFANY HWANG MIYOUNG