Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 35

 

Yuri leaned her head back & sighed. Having a baby was harder than she thought & being a mommy was the best thing ever. She patted her still flat stomach lightly.

 

“Help me tackle this, will you?” She asked her unborn baby.

 

Yuri walked back to her room & sat down gently on the wooden, carved chair. She looked happily down at the application, ‘He’s going to be so surprised.’ She thought, & continued filling it out. Even if she didn’t have that much experience in typing & inducting, she considered herself good enough.

 

It had just been a week since the night she left Yunho. He didn’t come hunting for her as she had expected, “Stubborn like me.” She murmured.

 

Yuri missed him so much. The only way to see him every day is to filled up an application for a job in the Jung Inc. company. She knows she is going to hate being a secretary but being near him is the best thing that will keep him, her & the unborn baby together. She told him that they would never be seeing each other for six months but she was as patient as he was. Yuri believed him after all.

 

The night after she had left & gone to her daddy’s house, he called her at nine o’clock sharp. He repeated everything that he had already told her again. She had cried while listening to him. He kept persuading her to believe him & didn’t give up. He really has strong feelings for her. After his long speech, she had said the words that he wanted to hear so much, then hung up the phone after that. She had smile at her sturdiness. She believed him. Jessica had lied again.

 

The only reason she isn’t going back to Yunho is because she wanted to let out the stress that was building up inside of her. She needed some time off. The only way her life could work easily is to see him about half a day & the other half, she could spend on herself. She wanted to surprises him.

 

“I love you, Yunho Oppa.” She whispered, & glanced happily at the application.

 

Lord, she wished he had pick her for the position. With all the girls surrounding him, she will definitely be jealous. She will be the real wife & beat the crap out of them all! No one could steal her position as Yunho’s wife. Thanks to Yoona, she will hopefully be the new secretary.

 

“Are you ready, Yunho?” Keunsuk asked, as he open the door for both of them. They walked into the hiring room & sat down on the chairs in front of a long table. The room seemed empty with so little paintings but it was a peaceful room that can make the girls relax.

 

“I guess.” Yunho replied dryly.

 

Keunsuk looked concernedly at his best friend, “You will be alright, Yunho. It’s only six months.”

 

“That’s what she said. Right now, it feels like six years already.” Yunho said.

 

“Just rest with your new secretary. She will be a sweet little mama.” Keunsuk chuckled.

 

“I’m married.” He said, & waved his hand to a worker by the door to start the interview.

 

The door opened & appeared the first girl.

 

Yunho groaned. This is going to be a long, long day for him & Keunsuk.

 

“That’s the third.” Yunho said, as the fifteen year old girl walked out of the door. All of them had failed his test, “Next.” He called, with frustration. He had his head down but when he smelt a scent he remembered so well, his head shot back up quickly. Yuri. She was so beautiful. His heart gave a leap & then stopped automatically. He couldn’t breath. She was really here. Or was he dreaming?

 

Keunsuk smiled. Truly, he wasn’t in this plan but this was a wonder. Yuri smiled shyly & handed her resumes to Yunho. He had his hand holding a pen & his other hand face down on the table. She stood there for a minute, waiting for him to take the packet of papers. Yunho slowly reached up & took the papers but not before feeling her skin.

 

Yuri smiled & turned around to take her seat.

 

Yunho took in a deep breath, ‘This is business, Yunho.’ He reminded himself, while questions popped up into his head.

 

“Jung Yuri.” He said huskily, keeping his mind on business.

 

“Yes?”

 

“It says on here that you are married. Is it correct?” He asked. His mind failed.

 

Yuri frowned. She knew she didn’t write that on her resume, “Yes, I am, Mr. Jung.”


“Are you living with him now?” He asked, leaning his arms on the table.


“Well, no.” Confident was raising up between the two.

 

“Why are you interested in this job?”

 

She bit her lower glossy peachy pink lips, “Because I want to make money.” ‘That, Yuri, was a lame one.’ She thought.

 

“Really? Didn’t your dad save you enough money for your whole life?” He was interested in this topic.

 

“He did but I also want to have some work experience. Not just sit around in a room doing nothing.”

 

“Are you sure about that?”

 

“Pretty sure, Mr. Jung Yunho.”

 

He hid a smile, “You are three months pregnant, Mrs. Jung. Shouldn’t you rest more than work?”

 

“I have a lot of time to rest, not that I don’t care about the baby inside of me. I love him.”

 

“How much?”

 

He was referring the question to himself, Yuri knew. Keunsuk was pretending to read a book while his whole attention was on them.


“Very much.” She said, without hesitating.


“So, you are forgiving him about what happened a week ago?”

 

“I always forgive him. No matter what he does, he can always make me think better of him, even when I’m mad.”

 

“When will you come back to him? Is there any chance that you might come earlier than planned?” He asked, hoping that she had say yes.

 

Yuri tilted her head to the right, “No. I want more time to myself.”

 

Yunho’s heart tripped & then fell but he still wanted to ask her more questions. It looked like she is willing to go along.


“Then why do you want to work here?” His voice was husky again.

 

She was quiet for a second before answering, “Because Mr. Jung, I want to be close to him.”

 

Yunho really tried to keep back his smile but failed. He got up, followed by Keunsuk & walked over to Yuri. He extended his hand out. Yuri looked down at his hand & then looked up again. She smiled. Extending her hand out, she shook his hand.

 

“Welcome to Jung Incorporation, Mrs. Jung. I hope you enjoy your stay here.” He really couldn’t control himself from smiling.


“Thank you, & I’m sure I will.” Yuri shook her gazes from Yunho to Keunsuk.

 

“You can start next week, Yuri.” Keunsuk said.


“Thank you, Keunsuk Oppa. Tell Sun I said hi.”


“I will.”

 

He walked out to inform all the women that the position was already taken. Yuri could swear she heard some screaming. She turned back to Yunho.

 

“Thanks for your time.”

 

“Anytime.” He said, “Do you need a ride home?”

 

‘Which home?’ She thought.


“No, I drove myself here. I guess I will be going now. I will see you next week, boss.” She said, loving the sound of it.

 

Yuri turned to go but stopped. She turned back around & looked up into his eyes. Moving closer, Yuri placed a kiss on his lips. She have been waiting to do just that. She pulled back & looked into his eyes.


“I really want to thank you for this job, Mr. Jung. You don’t know how much it means to me.” She whispered. He bent down & placed his lips to her ear, “I missed you. You surprised me showing up like that. I thought I was dreaming.”


“I missed you, too.” She circled her arms around his neck & pulled him closer, “& you are not dreaming at all.” Her voice trembled. A tear fell down, followed by another.


“Don’t cry, Yuri.” He soothed.

 

He lifted her face up & looked deeply into her eyes. Without a second thought, Yunho covered with his. She didn’t reject but kissed him back. The kiss feels so different to both of them but yet, so good. With arms around each other, they didn’t want to part at all. The passion was great but the wanting was greater. He trailed the kisses down her jawline to her neck. She groaned.


“Oppa, we are in the.” Before she could finished her sentences, Yunho captured her lips once again.

 

He pulled back after a second & look into her eyes again. He panted, “I’m sorry, but at least it’s a room.”

 

She chuckled & pulled back. After looking at his face, she pulled out a handkerchief. She wiped his face while he stared in awe at her. She stopped in the middle of wiping off her lipstick stain on his cheek.

 

“What? Do I have something on my face?” Yuri asked, & touched her cheek.

 

“No, you don’t. Its just because you are so beautiful that I can’t resist it but look at you again & again.” He said huskily.

 

She blushed, “Thank you for the compliment Mr. Jung, but I really have to go now.”

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay? I can show you around the building.” He volunteered.

 

She shook her head, “No thanks. I seen about half of it already.”

 

“I can show you the other half.” He said, with a husky voice.

 

“No.” She said again. She picked up her black liz claiborne windsor tote bag from the chair, “Maybe another time. Bye Mr. Jung, I will see you next week.”

 

“Bye, Mrs. Jung. Take care of the baby.”

 

She nodded & reached up to give him a kiss on the cheek, “Bye.”

 

Yuri walked out but not before turning back to look at him again. He was so handsome, standing there with both of his hands in his charcoal endurance flat-front dress pants pocket. She turned away & walked out of the door. She got the job & him in just one day again.

 

“Hello.” Yuri answered the phone, while trying to chew on a piece of strawberry cake.

 

“Hey, Yul. It’s me, Yunho.” The voice on the other line said.

 

Yuri swallowed the half-chewed cake. She coughed out & grabbed for the cup of water while holding the phone away. Damn, was Yunho trying to kill her, calling her in the middle of the night?! She was just sneaking into the kitchen when the phone rang. When she picked up the phone, she couldn’t help but take a fast bite of the piece of cake. Now, she just realized that it was a bad decision. She was craving for something sweet. Of course, she thought of the baby inside of her but sometimes, pregnant woman can be like that. Yuri had never thought it would be true when she learned that in health class but now, she believed that fussy teacher of hers in her freshman year of high school.

 

“Yuri, are you alright?” Yunho asked worriedly.

 

“Ye...Yeah. I’m per...perfect.” Yuri managed to say. She was fanning her face with her hand.

 

“Hold on, I’m coming.” He said in a rush.


“No. I mean, no, I’m alright.”

 

But it was too late; she had already heard the click on the other line. Yuri sighed & hung up. It was already in the middle of the night. She didn’t want Yunho to come over but of course, he is her husband. What was the use of leaving him when she was going to see him everyday, starting tomorrow?

 

Yuri checked her image in the mirror hall & straightened her hair. Why in the world was she worrying about her hair when Yunho was heading towards her now, in the middle of the night? She was his wife. It was okay if she was ugly.

 

After fixing her hair, Yuri heard the doorbell ring.

 

“Coming.” She murmured, even though she knew that Yunho couldn’t hear her with his index finger still ringing the doorbell. She flung the door open & glare at Yunho who was standing in the spotlight. He stopped & frowned at her. She was alright & well.

 

Yuri crossed her arms below her chest & continued her glaring. He didn’t even let her finish her words on the phone. She turned her back to him & walked away, leaving him staring at her in awe. Yunho walked into the house & closed the door behind him. He caught up with her & held onto her arm.

 

“You are alright?”


“Yes, I am. You never let me finish my words & here you are.” She waved her hands in the air, “In my house in the middle of the night.”

 

He defended himself, “You were choking, Yuri.”

 

“Because you scare my off.”


“I’m terribly sorry about that.” He checked out her body, “You aren’t wearing your nightgown.”

 

She lifted her chin up, “I didn’t feel like it.”


“Is it not comfortable?”


“Intentionally, no.”

 

“I’m sorry about that. I can buy you some comfortable ones.” He said, lifting up an eyebrow.

 

He was doing it again. He was trying to seduced her & it was working but she isn’t going to fall just yet. Yuri walked to the sofa & stood there. Yunho followed her & stood eight feet away from her.

 

“Why did you call me in the middle of the night?” Yuri asked, changing the subject.

 

“I couldn’t sleep.” He said.

 

She lifted up a thick, straight brow.


“I did try to count pigs but it made me feel like an old man.” He rubbed his forehead. She realized then that his hair was in a mess. He was still dressed in his own nightclothes.

 

“It’s sheep Oppa.” She said in a serious voice.


“Oh.”

 

She turned away from him & walked behind a sofa, “Spit it out.”

 

Yunho took in a deep breath, “Alright, you caught me. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow so I thought I can call you & ask if I can pick you up in the morning.” He stop then added, “To work.”

 

She couldn’t resist but smile, “Of course, you can pick me up tomorrow, Mr. Jung. I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt me.”

 

“Really?” He asked.

 

“Really, but only if my husband agrees.”


“He better!” Yunho hissed to himself.


“Alright then. All is agreed. Now, Mr. Jung, I supposed you should be leaving now or else my husband will catch you in my house.”

 

“I don’t think he would really care.” Yunho said huskily. He walked over to Yuri, “Heck. He wouldn’t even care if I sleep over.”

 

Yuri lifted her brows, “Then I supposed he would want me to quit early.”

 

Yunho took a step back & cross his arms over his chest. He raised his hand & tapped his index finger on his chin, “I don’t think he would really be happy about that. He will fire me first before he fires you.”

 

Yuri nodded her head & kissed him on the cheek, “Smart man. I will see you early tomorrow. Goodbye.”

 

He groaned, “Please, just one night?”

 

She shook her head & took his right hand in hers. She moved closer & placed his hand on her stomach.

 

“Our baby.”

 

Yunho walked around her & hugged her from behind. He slowly her stomach & frown. He her flat stomach again, & frown even more.

 

“Yul?”


“Hmmm.”


“I don’t feel anything.” He said disappointedly, & pouted.

 

Yuri let out a small laugh & turned her head so that Yunho’s lips were touching her cheek, “You silly man. I’m only three months pregnant. My stomach won’t grow until the next two months. Until then, you can’t feel anything.”

 

Yunho groaned again, “But sweetie, I can feel you even if I can’t feel our baby.”

 

Yuri smiled. This was why she loves this man so much. He can replace something missing with anything & he knows so well how to do it. This man is her husband but not only her husband but now her boss, too.

 

“Thank you.” She whispered, with her eyes closed.

 

He rocked her back & forth, slowly, holding her from behind. How he wish they could be like this forever. It was so wonderful & romantic. If only the time will stop so they could work everything out. They didn’t deserve to be apart. They both deserve to be together & love each other but Yunho wasn’t sure if he was in love with her & Yuri wouldn’t confess & tell him that she loves him. Both were willing to wait until the right time. Yuri opened her eyes & looked up at Yunho. She smiled & placed a kiss on his cheek. He returned a kiss on the tip of her sharp, pointed nose, “You should be going home now, Mr. Jung Yunho.”

 

He finally agreed & let her go. She bit back a groan. It felt so good to be in his arms & now, she feel so lost. Although she requested him to go back to his own house, she still wanted to be with him.

 

“Goodbye. Get your sleep. It’s less than six hours until the time for your first day of work. You don’t want me to think that you are lazy.”


“Definitely not. Goodnight.”


“Goodnight.” He reached down again, to kiss her but she stopped him with a finger to his lips.


“You know we might not be able to stop.” She said.


He pout but nodded his head. Yuri walked with him to the door & watched him drive away. She closed the door behind her & leaned her head back. A schoolgirl grin crossed her lips.