Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 25

 

Yuri looked at her pregnancy test. Her face failed as she read it. Positive.

 

“No. This can’t be. I...I can’t be pregnant. I never…”

 

Her face shot up instantly. That night. How could she forget?


“Oh, god. Please don’t? I can’t be pregnant right now. What about the divorce? How am I going to tell this to Yunho Oppa?”

 

Questions ran through her head. She had been throwing up since the last three days after she & Yunho had had their fight about the divorcement. After those days, she began to get worry & finally bought herself a pregnancy test. This wasn’t just the best days of her life. How is she going to tell Yunho without him thinking that she still wanted to be with him? She can’t do that. Maybe the test was wrong. They can always turn out wrong, right? The only thing left is to go to the doctor.

 

Yuri decided to change & go to the hospital. There was no way she was going to meet up with the family doctor. He might think that she really wanted that baby to get more of Yunho’s money when he knows that Yunho & her never got along.

 

She waited as the doctor went behind the curtains. She was too nervous to think. The only thing for her to do was wait.

 

Finally, the doctor came out. It had seems like ages for Yuri.

 

“Congratulations Mrs. Jung. You are going to be a mother very soon. Your husband’s going to be very happy I bet.” Said the fifty year old doctor.

 

Yuri’s face went pale. She’s happy that she’s going to be a mom soon but she’s not sure about Yunho. She knows he loves kids but is he going to be happy about being a father? No matter what, now they aren’t going to have a divorce. Their child needs a father.

 

Yuri knocked on the door of her father’s library. This was going to be harder than she thought it will be but she had promised herself to put up her courage & she did.

 

“Come in.”

 

‘That was different.’ Yuri thought. Usually her father would always shout for her to come in but today, it was different.

 

Letting out a breathe, Yuri lifted her head up & straightened her back as she opened the door & walk in. She didn’t have to look around the room to find her father. He was already standing in front of the huge portrait. Closing the door behind her, Yuri walked up to stand beside her father. She looked up at the portrait & her eyes began to shine. She was looking back into her own beautiful eyes. It was a picture painted long ago when she was still eight years old. Her eyes were singing & her hands were playing with the end of her ivory floral woven tulip dress. Her smile was childish & it possesses loving words. Beside her on both sides were her parents. Her beloved mother. Yuri misses her so much. It was just a year after the painting that her mother died & her father. He wasn’t smiling at all. Instead, on his face, was a frown & dislike of taking pictures, “You wanted to talk to me.” Mr. Kwon said, breaking Yuri’s happy thoughts.

 

She turned to look at her father. He was still looking at the portrait. She turned her head back & nodded. She so much wanted to run away but her courage kept her up. Without stumbling with her words, she said, “I know that you will be mad at me but please let me explain?” She stopped for awhile & then continued, “I want a divorce with Yunho. Our marriage isn’t working out & it will never work out. We have been having problems. Problems that marriage people hate. I know you might not understand but Yunho & I had already agreed on the divorce. I know you will never agreed to this divorcement but I want to ask you if you will let this take place?”

 

Her father was still looking at the portrait. She wondered if he had even heard a word she said. Like reading Yuri’s mind, her father answer her, “Yuri. Do what you like. It’s your life. Live it how you believe now.”

 

Mr. Kwon turn around & walked to his desk. He sat in his chair & pretended to read the paper he was holding.

 

Yuri followed her father & sat in the chair before him & stared at him. How could she explain this to her father?

 

“Dad. I...I...I’m pregnant.” Yuri whisper.

 

Mr. Kwon stop his skimming & drop the paper on his desk. He stared at his daughter in horror but then a smile form on his lips. He’s going to be a grandfather.

 

“I’m going to be a grandfather? Am I really?” He asked, & shot up from his chair. He took big stepped towards Yuri. She stood up & he held her at the shoulder. Then he asked her again, “I’m going to be a grandfather?”

 

Tears started to form in her eyes. How happy her father was. She loves it. She loves him. She loves her father. She rarely see him smiled & now that she brought up the subject of her being pregnant, he was so happy. She wanted this to go on. Being with her father when he is so happy.

 

Yuri nodded at her father’s question. Being so happy about being a grandfather, Mr. Kwon took Yuri into his arms & hug her. The tightest hug ever & a hug that have never been hugged for a long time.

 

Yuri’s tears came down. Happy tears & sad tears. Mr. Kwon pull back & look at her. He kisses her on the forehead. He loves her.

 

“You are beautiful, my daughter. Does Yunho know?” Mr. Kwon asked, after he pull back again.

 

Yuri shook her head, “That’s the problem daddy.” She stopped & smiled. She hasn’t called her father daddy in the longest time & it feels so good but now, she will have to tell her dad everything, “I just found out that I was pregnant a while ago & I came straight here to tell you about the news. Yunho doesn’t know yet & after he & I had talk about the divorce three days ago, I decided now that I don’t want the divorce. Our baby needs a father. We need Yunho to survive.”

 

Mr. Kwon shook his head. After the talk of divorcement, Yuri became pregnant? He now wanted Yuri to have a good life & leave the past alone. He regretted forcing Yuri into a marriage like his but at that time, he thought he was doing the right thing.

 

“Yuri, do you love him?” He asked her unexpectedly.

 

She knows she shouldn’t lie to her own father, “Yes, daddy. I do love him. I love him even though I know that he doesn’t love me.”


“You are now in the same boat as I was with your mother.” He said it more to himself, than Yuri.

 

“What do you mean?”


“I...Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.”


“Help me daddy. I need help.” She cried.


“If you love him that much & now, you are having a baby, do what you think is right. It’s your decision. Tell him that you love him. Tell him how much you love him & tell him about the baby. I’m sure he’s going to be delighted.”

 

Yuri smiled up at him, “Thank you daddy. I guess I will be leaving now.”


“Wait. Have you had lunch yet?” Yuri nodded her head, “Okay then. Let me walk you out.”

 

When they got out to Yuri’s car, she turned around & gave her father a peck on the cheeks, “I love you daddy.” Mr. Kwon’s face lightened up & he smiled, “I love you, too. Drive safely.”

 

Yuri got into her car & drove off with her father waving behind her. She had no idea what made her father change so much but she is glad that he is happy now.

 

Mr. Kwon wave bye to Yuri until her car disappeared. He hasn’t been this happy in a long time. Now that he knows that his daughter loves him, he is happy. Soon, his soul will disappear & he will be living happily with his wife again.

 

After a while of staying outside, Mr. Kwon finally went back in & continue with his letters.

 

Yunho stared out into the busy street of Seoul. He was taking his lunch break in the small cafe across from his company. In his hand was his cell phone & fossil ingram traveler brown wallet. He wanted to call Yuri & tell her to have lunch with him but he was afraid that Yuri would refuses his offer. Besides, he was thinking about his planned & in his wallet, he was looking at a picture of Yuri. She was smiling & so beautiful. He turn the picture & came to a picture of him & her. It was a picture they took together at their wedding. No smile on their faces but Yunho still loves it. At least he has a picture of her. He turned the picture again, & came to another one of Yuri. All the pictures in his wallet contain of him & Yuri. Anyone who sees it will probably think he was crazy but he didn’t care a bit. All he cares about is that Yuri is with him. In real life or not.

 

He would never in his whole life have a divorce with Yuri. She is his. The only way that he could stop letting Yuri think that he is falling for her is to agree with her. He hated when he said that one word he was starting to hate so much but he had to say it. Before he had said it, a plan had already been popping into his head. He knew her father would never let her agree to such things. It doesn’t matter about the gambling money anymore because it was already pay off. Now, it was up to her father. If her father says no, there will be no divorce but Yunho isn’t sure about that now.

 

If Mr. Kwon says yes, his life would be over. Expect, if he let out his true feelings for Yuri & he was sure she had the same feelings for him, too. He knows that Yuri can’t hide her feelings for him. That day when she saw Jessica kissing him, she was about to explode. Those were tears of feelings & love for him; he could swear of that.

 

There was one thing, too. He didn’t want to tell his true feelings that soon to her. True, he had fallen for her the first time he saw her in her wedding dress. She was so beautiful then & more beautiful now.

 

A drop of paper on the table brought him back to reality. He looked up & saw Lee Eunhyuk, his personal lawyer. He was the best lawyer that can be found in Seoul.

 

Eunhyuk is a handsome man that girls ran after too, but he, cowardly, ran away from them. Funny how that happens to be him but he has a pretty girlfriend, Park Sunyoung.

 

“Here are your divorce papers, buddy.” Eunhyuk said smiling. He sat down & put his filson green suitcase beside him.

 

“Tear them Eunhyuk, please.” Yunho said, & bury his face into his hands.


“Pardon me?”

 

“Don’t be so formal around me, Eunhyuk. It makes me feel like you are my mother. My gay mother.” He added, “What’s wrong, Yunho?” Asked Eunhyuk, cooling his soft, round face with a napkin. A waitress came by to ask him what he wanted for lunch but Eunhyuk just wave her off. To Eunhyuk, his friends were more important than lunch.

 

“I don’t want a divorce.” Yunho confesses.

 

“What? I thought you told me to hurry up with the papers or else you will rip…”

 

Yunho interrupted Eunhyuk from going any further about what he said three days ago, “I know. It isn’t easy living with a wife that you have feelings for & she wants a divorce. I know she has the same feelings too, but we both won’t confess them.”

 

“Why don’t you confess it now? I mean, it isn’t any of my business but it will be easier.”


“No. I have decided to save the feelings but if my first plan doesn’t work then I will have to use it. Unless.” “Unless what?”


“Unless I...Wait a minute. Why are you so curious?”


“I...I…”


“Never mind. I will just keep my planned to myself but you, Lee Eunhyuk, are not going to tell anyone anything that we talk about. Not even this idea that I’m having in my head right now & won’t tell you. Do I make myself clear?” Yunho asked.

 

Eunhyuk frowned at Yunho. Talking about not being formal, Yunho was the one who’s being formal.

 

“Yes, you did, Yunho.”


“Great. You maybe won’t be expecting these papers as soon as you expect it. I think you might not even expect them. Thanks & what about Jessica? Have you found out what she’s up to yet?” Yunho asked, as he got up, “No, not yet, but soon.”


“Okay. Thanks again. Have a good day.” Yunho said, as he walk out of the cafe.

 

‘Stop being formal, huh?’ Eunhyuk thought, as he call the same waitress over who had asked him earlier what he wanted.

 

Yuri stood in front of the home library. This was more harder than her talk with her dad. She wasn’t sure if Yunho wanted to see her or not. They haven’t seen each other for three days now & she misses him. She misses his kissed & hugs, ‘Why does this have to happen?’ She asked herself.

 

She just came to see him about the divorce papers & to tell him about her talk with her dad earlier that day & most of all, she wanted to tell him about the baby. She wanted to save that surprises & then tell him about it after she told him about her day with her father. Hopefully, that could change his mind about having a divorce.

 

Yuri rose her hand & knock on the door. There came no answer from inside. She was about to knock again, but Yunho’s voice stopped her.

 

“Come in.” He call.

 

Yuri walked in & shut the door behind her. She looked around & spotted Yunho sitting in his chair behind the desk, ‘He is still as handsome as ever.’ Yuri thought. She walked over to his desk & stood in front of it & looked at him. She thought he was looking at her but it seems that he was looking straight through her. She turned around & look at what he was looking at. A painted portrait again. Like the one at her father’s house. It was a picture of their wedding day. They both appear to be smiling. How could that be? Then she remembered. Their parents have made them smile but Yuri have never remembered seeing the picture hanging on top of the fireplace before. She knows that she rarely comes into the library but the last time she was in there, she had never seen it.


“You look beautiful.” Yunho said, behind Yuri.

 

She turned around & stared at him.


“When did you get it?” She asked him.

 

Yunho smiled & reply, “After I saw the huge portrait hanging at your dad’s library, I decided to get one, too. Do you like it?”


“I...I guess.”

 

He smiled again, “You came to see me about?”

 

He knew that Yuri came in here only to ask about the divorce papers. What else would she see him about?

 

“I visit my dad early this afternoon & I told him about the divorce.”


“What did he say?” Yunho asked. If this one fails, it’s time for plan b.


“He said it was my choice. He wants the best for me now.”

 

Yunho’s face fell. His father-in-law has failed him, too. It’s time for plan b.


“So, you want the divorce paper as fast as possible?”


“I…”


“I can’t get the papers now. My lawyers on vacation & I respect my employees. I give them their time.” Yunho interrupted Yuri. He just had to lie & curse himself again, for lying to her. The divorce papers were under his desk & in his drawer. They needed time to work things out & that’s what he’s doing.

 

“But Oppa, I’m…”

 

His cell phone interrupted her. He took it out of its place & answered it.


“Jung Yunho here.”


“Hey Yunho, it’s me, Eunhyuk.”


“What do you have?”


“The Jessica project.” Eunhyuk said, as he chuckled.


“Great. Where are you now?”


“My place.”


“I will be there in a second.”


“Hurry up.”

 

After Yunho hung up, he looked up at Yuri’s questioning face.


“I have to go now.”


“Where?”

 

“At the company. There’s a problem there.” He lied. Before Yuri could ask him another question again, he had already walked out of the room.


Yuri sighed. Why did the call have to interrupt them? She guessed it isn’t time to tell him yet but she promises to tell him later.