Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 26

 

Yunho ran up the stairs of Eunhyuk’s apartment. He was too out of breath to be thinking about the talk he & Yuri just had & he couldn’t blame Eunhyuk for calling him. He couldn’t think of anything else to say to her, “God bless Eunhyuk.” Yunho said, as he got to a stop in front of Eunhyuk’s apartment door. He knock on the door loudly & suddenly, loud footsteps were heard from inside. Yunho heard the door unlock two times & there in front of him, stood Eunhyuk. He was still wearing his working clothes.


“What took you so long?” Eunhyuk ask Yunho.


“The elevator was too full.”


“Ah. Sorry about that. Come in.” Eunhyuk opened the door wider so that Yunho could come into his apartment. As Yunho step inside, he looked around the place. It surely seems different to him. The place has change.

 

“What happen here? Your place looks so pinkish now.” Yunho said, as he touch a pink curtain.

 

“Well, Sunyoung decided to...to move in with me & re...redecorate the place.” Eunhyuk stuttered, as he blushed, “Well, at least you have someone that loves you, right?” Yunho asked him. He sat down on the couch & thought of Yuri. Thinking of her always bought a smile to his handsome face.

 

“I...I guess.”


“So, what’s Jessica up to?”


“You were right, buddy. She has been looking into Yuri’s profiles with the help of Park Jeongsu, also known as Leeteuk. He’s been a spy for her ever since...ever since...On the look of your face, Yunho, I guess you are thinking that he was just not a spy for her but a lover.”


“You sure are not a spy but act like one, Hyuk.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Have she found anything on Yuri yet?”


“Fortunately no she hasn’t. She fired Jeongsu after having no use from him. Him being a spy, not just a spy but a good spy for Jessica wasn’t just enough. He couldn’t find any important document on Yuri.”


“That’s great then.”


“It is.”


“I will be going now. Yuri was kind of worry, with me running off without telling her where I’m going.” Said Yunho, getting up.

 

“I thought you said that there was no love between you two?”


“I did.”


“Then why would Yuri be worry?”

“Hyuk, please don’t be a spy.” Yunho sigh.

 

“I will try not to be with you begging me to look into what Jessica was doing.”


“Whatever. I’m going now. Thanks for everything.”

 

“Anytime. See you.”


“Bye.”

 

With that, Yunho walked out of Eunhyuk’s apartment & ran down the stairs. The elevator wasn’t full but he wanted to run down the stair to get Yuri’s sweet face out of his mind. She was getting to him again.

 

As days past by, Yuri’s heart was stranded on an island. Every time she tries to tell Yunho about the baby, he would be too busy or she can’t find him at all. It’s like he was running away from her.

 

“Does he hate me that much & wants the divorce now?” She kept asking herself, as she walk through the garden. Cutting up a blue rose, she brought it up to her nose to smell the scent, “Good as new again.” She whisper, & smile. She added it to the roses of basket she was carrying.


“Eight more than we will have thirty little roses.” Yuri said. She cut another red rose & put it into the basket. She turned back around to the red roses bush. She cut one of them & not being careful, Yuri cut herself with a thorn. Dropping the rose, she quickly put her index finger into before the blood started to come out. After making sure that the blood isn’t coming out, she look down & saw the red rose she dropped.

 

Yuri kneeled down & picked it up. Tears started to rolled down her cheeks as she remembered Yunho bringing her roses when she was at the hospital. She kiss the rose & whisper, “I’m sorry I drop you & you are forgiven for hurting me.” As she said that, she felt more like talking to Yunho then the red rose. She missed his kisses & hugs so much. She wanted to be with him. She wanted him to love her as much as she loves him. She wanted everything from him that can make them be together again.

 

Wiping her tears away, she got up & walked towards the house. She put the rose into the basket & patted her flat stomach.

 

“Our baby Oppa. The baby that will change our lives.” Yuri whispered, as she entered the house.

 

She found a vase & fixed up the roses. Every roses she put in there end up having her kisses. Stepping back, she look at her artwork. Perfect. Just perfect for a lovely day, without Yunho again. As she carefully put the vase full of roses on the corner table, the phone rang.

 

Yuri walked over to the phone to pick it up but Taeyeon reach it before she did.


“Hello, this is the Jung residence. How may I help you? Yes, please hold on.” Taeyeon covered up the mouthpiece & turned towards Yuri, “It’s for you. From the hospital.”


“Thank you, Taeyeon.” Yuri said silently. Her face went pale as she thought of Yunho, ‘No, Oppa can’t be at the hospital, he’s at work.’ Yuri assure herself. Finally, getting a hold of herself, she started talking to the person on the other line.

 

After Yuri hung up the phone, her face went paler with tears rolling down her cheeks. She turned to Taeyeon & whisper, “Call Yunho. My dad’s at the hospital.”

 

With that, she ran up the stairs to get her marc jacobs hobo bag & drove off. Her hands on the steering wheels were shaking. She tried to control it but fail. How could her dad be sick just after her visit with him a couples of days ago?

 

Parking her car in the parking lot, Yuri ran into the hospital & asked where her father was located. She ran to where the emergency room was & waited outside. Her nervousness was getting more & more stronger. A nurse walked by as Yuri tried to question her but she wouldn’t give her any information. Finally, the red light went off & the nurses & doctors came out. One of the doctors came up to her.


“Hi, Mrs. Jung. I’m your father’s doctor, Dr. Yang.”


“How is my father?”


“I’m sorry. We couldn’t help him. He had a heart attack. A very serious heart attack. He has been having a lot of heart attack more than once but as it seems like he never came to the hospital to get a checkup. I’m very sorry, Mrs. Jung.”

 

Yuri wasn’t listening to the doctor after his first two sentences. Her father is dead. Her beloved father was gone from her world forever.


“I want to see him.” She said quietly.


“Just go in there.” He said, directing her towards the emergency door.

 

Yuri nodded her head & the doctor went off. She walked in & saw her dad’s pale face. Kneeling down on the floor, she cried, “Dad, please wake up? You can’t leave me now. I need you. I love you. You told me you love me, too. You can’t leave me now. Please daddy, wake up?”

 

She touched his face & felt the coldness. His eyes were close & his lips were pale along with his face.

 

After hearing the call from Taeyeon, Yunho drove directly to the hospital. As he reached the emergency door, he heard Yuri crying. Mr. Kwon is gone. He wanted to hug her & tell her everything was going to be alright. Just as he was about to enter, Yuri’s voice stopped him. She was talking to her father.


“Daddy, I need you. You can’t leave me now. Don’t you want to see your grandchildren? Don’t you want to be proud of them & teach them how to read? They will love to play around with you like I did when I was a little kid. They will love you. I promise you. Just come back & be there for me.”

 

Yunho’s face went pale. Grandchildren? What is she talking about? Does Yuri still want to be with him & bear his children? Or is she just talking nonsense? He will be the happiest husband alive if Yuri still wants to be with him.

 

Someone tapping on his shoulder interrupted his thoughts. He turned around & came faced to faced with Keunsuk. Sunny was behind him.


“What are you doing here, buddy?” Keunsuk asked.


“Nothing.”

 

Yunho walked in & put his hands on Yuri’s shoulder. She turned around with red, teary-eyed.

 

“Yuri.”


“Oppa.” She stood up & threw her arms around his neck.


“It’s alright.” He said, hugging Yuri back tightly.


“Oppa, my dad…”

 

“I know. Don’t cry.” He kissed her cheeks softly & wipe her tears away.

 

The nurses walk in to wheel Mr. Kwon out but Yuri tried to stop them but Yunho held her tightly in his arm. He knew it was a difficult time for Yuri & he wanted to make her feel better. She doesn’t need this burden again.

 

After Yunho was able to settle things down with the doctors, he took Yuri home. Yuri was crying & wouldn’t talk to Yunho when he tried to talk to her.

 

When they got home, Yuri made the attempt to go up to her room alone but Yunho wouldn’t let her. He was too worried about her. She looked sick & maybe couldn’t take another step. Carrying her up the stairs & into her room, he put her down on the bed. When she tried to get up, Yunho stopped her.


“Where are you going?”


“I want to freshen up.” She said, without any emotion.


“I will freshen up with you.” Yunho said seriously.

 

“No, I want to do it alone.”

 

He didn’t want to argue with her & let her go but he called Taeyeon to help her if Yuri needed any help. He walked back to his room & freshened up. After getting dress up, Yunho walked back into Yuri’s room. She was already in bed with her eyes open. Yunho walked over to her & gently pulled the blankets that covered Yuri. She looked up at him questionably. He picked her up & started to walk back to his room.

 

“What are you doing?” She asked him tiredly.


“You are sleeping with me tonight.” He answer her, as he look at her pale face.

 

Yunho carefully put her down on his bed & pulled the blanket over her. He walk to the other said & got in with her. He pulled her closer to him & kissed her forehead.


“You are worrying too much & if you worry too much, you worry me, too. I missed you. Have a good night sleep.” He said, & kiss her cheeks.