Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 32

 

Yunho stormed into his parents’ house. His father & Mr. Kwon has decoy him into a trap. He has sign many agreement paper & never has gotten into such a deep depression. He has to admit it. His dad & Mr. Kwon was one smart partner but he hated it. The smartness of them that’s what got him into such a fight with Yuri. She was right. He was hiding something. He couldn’t tell her that Jessica was out to get revenge on her. That would get her more depress while the baby is still inside of her. He got out of control. He didn’t want Yuri to have back her freedom yet, but damn that lawyer, he tricked him! That’s what he hates about them. Now that Yuri was mad at him for being such a stubborn man, he didn’t know what to do but talk to his father.

 

He knocked on his dad’s library door.

 

“Come in.” Mr. Jung call, from inside. Yunho opened the door & slammed it behind him. His father looked up slowly. He had been expecting his son.

 

“Hello, son.”

 

Mr. Jung got out of his chair & walk over to Yunho. He had seen him just five days ago at the funeral but it looks like he has grown to his eyes. He was proud of him. After handing down the company to Yunho, he had retired. His son had increase the amount of money in the company & brought up more clients. It wasn’t hard for him at all to smile at Yunho.

 

“What is this all about, dad?” Yunho asked, as his greeting.


“If you are talking about the pride & self-respect given back to Yuri then there is nothing to talk about.” Mr. Jung said plainly. He walked over to the sofa & sat down. Yunho follow him but didn’t sit down.

 

“There’s a lot to talk about, dad. I want to know why you are doing this?” Yunho ran a hand through his hair impatiently.


“& I, Yunho, want to know why you are so mad. This is a good thing for Yuri. She’s been through enough. You treated her like nothing when you two got married.”


“I got force to marry her, dad. By you.”


“That doesn’t mean that you can still treat her like that! I got eyes Yunho! You just can’t treat her like that!” Mr. Jung yelled, letting out his anger.


“I just want to know why you are doing this?” Yunho asked in a calm voice.


“I told you I’m doing this for my daughter-in-law. You are my son but I can’t stand it when you go around, not caring for her.”


“We are getting along & I do care for her.”


“Then why don’t you want her to have what she wants?”


“I can’t dad.”

 

Mr. Jung sighed, “Then I can’t help you. You are a grown man, Yunho.”

 

A knock came at the door & interrupted what Yunho was about to say. Mrs. Jung walked in & was surprises to see her son, “Yunho, what are you doing here?”


“Hello, mom. I came to see dad.”

 

She looked at Yunho & then her husband. She wasn’t stupid! Both of them have on a trouble face. Something was wrong here.

 

“What’s wrong?” She placed a hand on her son’s shoulder.


“Nothing, mom. This is just a father to son talk.” Yunho said, & tried to hide his anger.


“No. Now it’s a father & mother to son talk. Speak up, Yeobo.”

 

They were quiet for some minutes & that scared Mrs. Jung. Have Yunho found out that Jessica was pregnant & came here to ask for help from his dad? If it is, Yuri can’t know about this.


“The will was read. Yunho wasn’t too excited about it. Yuri is to have her own freedom but our son won’t have it. Now you tell me Jagiya, do you understand our son?”


“Yunho. You should be happy.” She said, glad that it wasn’t about Jessica’s  pregnancy.


“I’m not, mom.” Yunho said. He has to tell his parents the truth why he didn’t want this to happen, “Yuri is pregnant & Jessica is out to get her. The bad thing is that Jessica knows about it, too. I don’t know how she found out but she did. If Jessica destroyed our life, Yuri will grant a divorce again, & I dont want that to happen. If she grants a divorce, I will have to sign the paper or else I will lose everything. That means I lose her, too.”


“What? Yuri’s pregnant?” His father asked in happiness.

 

He nodded his head. Mr. Jung got out of his seat & gave Yunho a fatherly hug, “Congratulations. Now I’m going to be a grandpa.” He turned to his wife, “You are going to be a grandma, Jagiya.”

 

She let out a weak smile. God knows how happy she is but Jessica is pregnant too, that was the problem.

 

“You said that Yuri granted a divorce once?” His mom asked worriedly. If Yuri had wanted a divorce before, Mrs. Jung had no idea what she will do next after she had found out that Jessica was pregnant, too. Of course, Mrs. Jung would keep shut but what of Jessica?


“Yeah. It was my fault but we are over it.”


“Are you sure she’s going to ask for one again, if she figured out that Jessica’s trying to dissolve your relationship?”


“I’m sure of it, mom. She’s a stubborn girl.”


“Try to make her life a happier one, Yunho.” His dad said.


“I’m trying. We just had a fight a while ago before I came here.”


“Gosh, Yunho. Was it just about the contract?” His dad asked.


“It was but it was too late to back out of it, dad. You planned it. You & Mr. Kwon forced Mr. Lee into letting me sign the damn paper!” Yunho ran a hand through his hair.


“Watch your foul language around your mother, son.”


“I’m sorry, mom. I’m just not myself today.”


“Yuri changed you into a good way. I knew the women’s out there weren’t right for you. I saw Jessica at the funeral.” Mrs. Jung said.

 

Yunho stopped breathing. He knew that his mom was searching for him while he was talking to Jessica but he had no intention of her meeting Jessica. If his mom had heard what Jessica had said, she was sure going to kill her.


“You met Jessica?” Yunho asked, trying to hide his quivers.


“I saw her while I was going out to the car to get something.” Mrs. Jung lied, “We talk.”

 

“About what?” His eagerness was getting stronger to know what they had talked about.


“Woman stuff.” She almost choked out a tear, “I...I have to go now. I forgot to call someone. Are you staying for dinner?”


“No, I got to get home. Tomorrow, I will be starting work again.” He said. Really, he wanted to see Yuri, “Goodnight then.” She walked up to Yunho & gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Try to clear things up with Yuri & tell her I will bring in some hot soup for her. Night.”


“Night, mom.”


“See you at dinner, Yeobo.”


“Alright.”

 

The door closed behind the two men & the anger rose again.


“Dad, you got to resign that contract.”


“No, Yunho. I told you I’m doing the best for you & Yuri.”

 

He gave up. If that’s what everyone wants to give to Yuri, fine. The talk had made him feel like a little boy again.

 

Yunho sighed, “I’m going home dad. Bye.”

 

He walked out of the door before Mr. Jung could say anything else. He drove home faster than he usually did. This stuff sickened him. Parking his car in front of the house, he got out & slam the door shut. Walking into the living room, he saw Yuri sitting on one of the sofa, watching an action movie. He wanted to be with her but his mind told him otherwise. Taking one last look at her, he walked up the stairs in long strides. He wasn’t in the mood after all to flirt with her as a wife & husband.

 

She heard him. She heard his angry sigh as he walked into the living room & heard him again, as he walk upstairs. One true, faithful tear rolled down her eyes & followed by another & another. She hated it when they get into fights. It just proves that their marriage will never work. People with arranged marriage from their parents never does turn out right. Unless, if they are in love. Despite the fact that Yuri does love Yunho, she sometimes hoped that they have never met each other. All her life, she dated players & tried to love them but knew that it will just turn out to be stupid outcome! All they wanted was her daddy’s money & body. Of course, she had met dorks & they fell for her too easily.

 

She had seen Yunho many times on the cover of magazines & just smirk at him like she had with other guys. Too many times had she seen Yunho on the magazine cover & started to hate him. Then it came to the time when she met him face to face. She fell in love with him. She loves his charms & stubbornness. She loves everything about him but there was one thing that she hates about him. He cheated on her while they were married. True, they made a deal about that but she always wanted a faithful husband & to that again, he was none of the man that she wants but unfortunately, she fell for him, little by little.

 

The next day, it was the same as she predicted. He went off to work. She expected to see a sorry expression of him from a picture but woke up to see nothing but the same cold pillow. This wasn’t a small fight after all. Usually, he will apologize the day after their fight with a sweet & sorry expression picture of him. This fight is going to be hard to get back, too. Of course, she could make him forgive her very easily with the contract’s help but that would mean she was weak. No. She’s got her pride back. She’s not going to be the weak girl anymore. This is the newborn Yuri.

 

She put a huge smile on her face. That was the best she had ever since her daddy’s death & the smile was delicate to him. He made her life with one little contract. She changed into a black & off white strapless maxi dress & looked at her image in the full-length mirror. Perfect. Her stomach wasn’t showing yet, but she felt the baby moving inside of her. She shook her head.


“Be a boy. Your father wants a baby boy. He has no idea how much I love him, darling. Why don’t you tell him?” She patted her stomach playfully. Her happy face started to turn into a sad one. Why did she mention Yunho? She promise herself not to think of him again. Shaking her head, she put on her happy face again. She wanted to get out of the house. Anywhere she can go to, she will.

 

She got into her car & drove off to her daddy’s place which now belongs to her. As she drove into the driveway, Yuri looked around her. The place wasn’t the same. The green grasses have turn into brown & yellow grasses. The trees weren’t trim. The flowers & roses were all going dead.

 

Parking her car in front of the mansion, she got out & was greeted by Haeun.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Jung.” The young maid said cheerfully, with a wide smile.

 

Yuri gave her a warm smile back, “Hello, Haeun. How have you been?”

 

“I had been great but we all were very depress after Mr. Kwon passed away. I’m so sorry, Mrs. Jung.”

 

“It’s alright, Haeun. Thank you. Where is everyone?”

 

Her face turned morose & she looked down, “Everyone left, expect Taehyun, Namkyu & me.”

 

Yuri sighed, “No wonder the garden looked so dead.”


“I...I...I tried to replant them but it didn’t help. They died again, but I promise I will do my best to replant them again.” She almost cry.


“Don’t worry about that. I will do something about it. Come on, let’s go in.”

 

Yuri strolled into the living room & looked around. The inside looked the same, unlike the outside. She turned back to Haeun.


“Can you gather Namkyu & Taehyun? I want to announce something.”

 

Haeun nodded & walked away, leaving Yuri to wander off again. After a minute later, Haeun came back with two tired men. She tried to lightened them up with a smile. They returned her smile back easily. Everyone in the house has always love & care for her.


“Hello Namkyu, Taehyun. How have you two been?”


“Living the usual.” The two answer.

 

She nodded & continued, “I know that most of the people in here have left but if you want to go now, you can. I won’t stop you.”

 

She waited for them to say that they wanted to quit but no one said a word. They wanted to stay & help her, “Thank you all. You don’t know what this means to me. I know that my daddy had been rough sometimes but I’m glad that you all have decided to stay & help me. He gave everything in my care. The house is now mine & I will do my best to help every single one of you. Haeun, you take care of the house & would you like to continue on with what you are doing or do you want a new job?”

 

The maid look taken aback. She wasn’t good at anything expect cleaning & dusting. Yuri knew about that but still asked her if she wanted to do a new job or stay on the one she is in right now, “I’m not good at anything so I will just keep my own job. If that’s okay.”


“It’s fine with me. Taehyun, what about you?” She asked the old chubby man.


“Cooking is fine with me.” He said.

 

She nodded & turned to Namkyu, “Namkyu?”


“I was the driver but now that there’s no one for me to take them anywhere, I could use a new job unless if you want me to take you out.”


“No, I will be driving myself. Are you good at planting stuff?”


“I am. I helped the gardener sometimes.”


“That’s great. You could take that job. Now, each & everyone of you will get a rise. Sunday, you all can take a break & go visit your families. Any questions?”

 

They each shook their head.

 

She almost forgot some things, “Now, I’m to be call Yuri. No excuses. I want to change things around here. My daddy would want me to do that & I won’t be here all the time.” She stopped there & whispered, “I’m still married.” God helped her. She’s still thinking about him when she promises not, too.

 

Yuri dismisses them & roam around the house. She remember when she was a little girl, she use to run around the huge mansion & never get lost. She knows the house better than anyone else does. She & her daddy will run around the house & play tagged & hide & seek. She missed those wonderful days. Every footstep she took, led her back to her childhood. She looked through every room & every inch of everything. She borrowed one of Haeun’s outfit & started to clean the house like a true maid.

 

It was eight o’clock at night before she realized the time. Her heart began to race. Yunho was probably at home now, waiting for her. She knew that he doesn’t want to see her but he was probably mad at her. Changing back into her regular clothes, she rush into her car & drove back home.

 

She parked her car & got out hurriedly. She stopped as she realized that Yunho’s usual car wasn’t park in the driveway. She sighed. Part of it was relief. The other part of it was sorrowful. He was probably out drunk with girls in his arms for a long time. She bit back the jealously. Slowly, she walked into the house. She took a warm, nice shower. Later on, she put on a pink ralph lauren greenwich nightgown. Putting a robe over her body, she walk back downstairs. Her body was tired after all the cleaning but she somehow wanted to stay up. Did she want to wait up for Yunho or what?

 

She settled down with a needle & some patches of fabrics. They were some years old. She had found them in her mommy’s room while cleaning & decided to make a nice, little blanket out of it for the unborn baby. She knotted the thread & started to cut pieces out of the fabric. After she had completed stitching in three pieces, Yuri heard the door open. She looked up & after awhile, saw Yunho. She wasn’t sure if he was drunk or not but his face was expressionless. His bar III dark charcoal slim fit suit was wrinkle & his black alfani solid skinny tie was loose. His blue tommy hilfiger solid poplin dress shirt was ed halfway, showing his chest.

 

He didn’t even take a look at Yuri & started to walk upstairs with his head down. She stood up & started to walk to him. Before he can place his foot on the first step, Yuri gently put her small hand on his shoulder. He stopped but didn’t turn around.

 

She hesitated before speaking in a whisper, “Oppa, where have you been?”

 

He wouldn’t have spoken if not for the damn contract! “Out.”

 

Yuri bit her bottom lips & tried not to cry, “Listen Oppa. That contract won’t change our lives. We will live as before. I don’t know why you are making such a big deal over it. If you are worry that I might run out of your life, I won’t.”

 

He turned around sharply & look at her deeply in the eye. God, he looks terrible to her eyes. She watched as his eyes changed from sad to devilish.

 

He chuckled lowly under his breath, “Who says I would be worry if you run away from me? Frankly dear, I don't give a damn!”

 

A tear fell from her eyes. He finally said it. Her favorite quote & from the movie ‘Gone With the Wind’. Through hurtful eyes, she saw that he really didn’t give a damn if she goes or not!


“Oppa, please? Why are you taking this so hard? I’m telling you again. That contract won’t be bother with our lives. We still have the unborn baby remember?”


“I remember alright but I’m not sure if he’s mine or not.” He said, & tilted his head to the side.

 

Yuri slapped him across the face. God, now that feels good. He surely was drunk. She won’t let him degrade her or her child, not while she’s alive. Not just one tear fell down her cheek but now thousands has. She wipe them away with one stride of her sheaves, “Oppa. You are damn drunk! Why don’t you just go to hell?! If you don’t want this baby, that’s fine with me. I can take care of him myself but remember this, I can take your life away with only that damn contract!”

 

She turned to go but he grabbed her wrist with one hand & turned her around. Forcing his mouth upon hers, he kissed her, not with passion but with hurt. Yuri could smell & taste the liquor of soju in his mouth. She fought him with the other hand but he grabbed it & held both of them in one of his. With the other hand, he held her by the hips. She tried to scream but Yunho had his mouth tightening around hers & if she screamed, her lips will parted open. He tried to open her lips but she wouldn’t let him, making him mad. With his hand by her hips, he opened her robe & felt her flesh only separated by the jennifer moore pink polka dot chemise nightgown. She shook under him but still won’t open . Now angry, Yunho grabbed a handful of her nightgown & teared it opened. She gasps & parted to scream. With his chance, Yunho pushed his tongue into & forced her to kiss him, too. He rubbed his hand over her flesh. He brought his mouth down & started to kiss her neck than collarbone. When he was about to go too far with his hand, she spoke up with a whisper.

 

“I’m sorry. Please don’t hurt me? I’m very sorry.”

 

He stopped what he was doing. Pictures of what he did to her the night of the party flashed into his head. Her screamed & plead has haunted him the day after that & so on. He had regretted & now, he had regretted what he had just did.

 

Yunho removed his hands from her flesh & wrist. He looked into her closed eyes & kissed it. With his hands holding onto her cheeks, he whispered, “God, I’m sorry. I’m sorry, hon. I’m sorry. Forgive me.”

 

She opened her eyes & pushed him away. Ashamed, she tied her robe back on & couldn’t look back at him. With her head down & tears coming out, she walked past Yunho.


“Yuri.” He took a step forward to reached out for her but stop when she spoke.


“Pl...Please just leave me a...alone?” She tried to spat it out angrily but it came out as a cried. With slow stepped, Yuri walked up the stairs, away from the man who she called husband.

 

Yunho stared blankly as Yuri walked away from him. He closed his eyes & kicked the loveseat. Damn! He was out of control. He did it again. He tried to her again. He should feel delinquent & he did. It wasn’t the drunkenness that made him did that but him.


“Damn!” He cursed. Plopping onto the loveseat, Yunho ran his hand over his face several times. He regretted it. He hated it. He wanted to kill himself. He has never any woman before but somehow, just somehow, Yuri made him lose his control. He doesn’t know how he could face her tomorrow but he knows he isn’t a coward. She was just too tempting. He had come home & not found her. Not just one time but five times & he was afraid that she had left him. He knew what he had said earlier but again, he was demented. Damn! He does care if she leaves him. He does care if the unborn baby was his. He wanted them both. Not just for him to look at but for something else.