Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 42

 

“Yuri.”

 

She turned around & saw Tiffany running towards her. Her eyes widen. Tiffany ran into her arms before she could say a word of greeting. The hug almost couldn’t make her breathe for a while. Finally, Tiffany pulled back & looked down at Yuri’s huge stomach.

 

“Man. Are you having twins?” She laughed.

 

Yuri looked dismay. How did Tiffany know that she was having twins?

 

Tiffany laughed again, “I was just joking, Yuri. Your stomach doesn’t look that big. Oh. Is it a boy or a girl?” “Hi, Tiffany.” Yuri finally had the chances to say.

 

She giggled, “I’m sorry. I was just so excited when Sun called me. My god, & you didn’t even contact me. That’s not a good friend.”

 

“I’m sorry, Tiffany. I just forgot. There were just so many stuff to worry about.”


“It’s alright.” She pulled Yuri away from the doorway & walked out into the backyard. She took in a deep breath of the BBQ, “Smells good to me.”

 

Yuri laughed for the first time in days since that night with Yunho, “How are you doing, Fany?”


“Great as usual & you wouldn’t believe what I’m going through to.”


“What?”


“I’m having a baby, too! Just like you!” Tiffany cried in excitement. She threw her arms around Yuri & then pulled back, “I’m so happy!”


“Wow. Congratulations, Fany. How many months?”


“Three.”

 

Yuri smiled, “Oh. Is Chang Oppa here?”

 

Tiffany shook her head, “No. He’s got a really sick patient now so I came here by myself but I will be leaving soon.” She sighed, “I already miss him.”


“I understand what you mean. Sometimes I couldn’t even stay away from Yunho Oppa for a few second.” Yuri said, catching herself off guard. Lord, only if she hadn’t said that to him that night then they will be together now but she really couldn’t make love to just any man that doesn’t love her at all like she loves him.

 

“How are you & Yunho Oppa doing? I hope he’s treating you well.” Tiffany said, breaking into Yuri’s thought.

 

“Oh. Yunho Oppa is treating me very well. We are getting along great.” Yuri said, trying to sound enthusiastic, “I’m glad he is. Come on, let’s go to the food stand.”

 

Yuri followed after Tiffany. She will try to take her mind off of Yunho & have some fun. Besides, he’s probably not thinking of her now.

 

It was a saturday & here he is, trying to do his best on some work & not think about Yuri but he was a failure. No matter what kind of work he was doing, his mind kept switching back to her lovely face & the words she had said that night. He was glad she had said that but the other part was torn. It was true; she shouldn’t be making love with a man who doesn’t love her at all but why he was torn apart because of the way she had said it? She had made it sounded like he was the one who should love her more than she should love him but she didn’t know that he had heard those three magical words from .

 

Yunho leaned back & took in a deep breath. This was too hard for him but it was harder on Yuri. She had to suffer the pain & live through it for the rest of her life & he was the one who was going to hurt her for the rest of her life. He had once before pictured a happy family but now, it seems to be disappearing. He had never thought living a life like this where love & hurt intersect. It was simply called a disaster of hearts but more of a disaster of his heart.

 

Yunho got up. He needed to get out of this house. The memory of laughter & cursing was filling the house without Yuri. He drove to the beach & walked about the shore. The waves crashed into him, saying that he was stupid not to love a woman like Yuri & yet, he agreed with them! Maybe he was trying to hide his feelings from himself about her but he didn’t know why he would do that. He never hides his feelings. If he knew he love her, he would had told her the first chances he got. She deserves to hear those words.

 

He watched as couples walked along the shore like him but with the woman they love. He smile seeing two little kids raced into the water & their mom’s yelling at them not to go so far. This will work for him only if he had Yuri by his side but she was at her other house. Maybe having fun eating & opening presents with her friends. Aw, he wished he was there with her. He had watch her every move & watch if she had any pain from the baby but she didn’t wish for him to be there or she needed some time off of him.

 

He really missed her for days now since she had taken her maternity leave from the job. He hadn’t seen her & all he could do is wait. Maybe he will have to wait until the baby is born & that is like an eternity to him. Yuri was having fun opening her presents when a tap came at her shoulder. She turned around & smiled at Sunny, “Hey, Sun. Where did you go?”

 

Sunny bit her wide, full purplish pink lips, “There’s someone at the door who wants to meet you. I told him he couldn’t come in but he demanded to come in & see you.”

 

Yuri nodded her head, “Thank you, Sun. I will be right back ladies.” She called to them, as she entered the backdoor. Her face suddenly went happy to blank. Was it Yunho? Would he really visit her? What does he have to say to her? She dismissed all the questions from her head & kept walking to the living room. As she entered, she knew the person wasn’t Yunho. It was Siwon. He wouldn’t leave he alone, would he? He just had to make everything go wrong again.


“What are you doing here, Siwon Oppa?!” She snapped, despite her condition.

 

He turned around at her angry voice, “Can’t I visit a former friend?”


“No.” She said, as plainly as ever so he could hear her clearly.


“Are you having a party?” He asked, looking over her shoulder.

 

“Yes.” She said, “If you don’t mind, would you leave? I have to do my hosting job.”

 

Siwon smiled, “I just wanted to talk to you, Yuri.”


“Talk to me?! I think we have had enough talk already!” She snapped again.

 

“Please Yuri? I swear I won’t say anything bad to you again.”

 

She hesitated but agreed with him. She led him to her dad’s library. He looked at the portrait hanging on top of the fireplace, “You looked cute.”


“Thank you.” She replied, & stood behind a chair. Siwon looked at her & smiled.


“I swear I won’t hurt you, Yuri.” He said, trying to assure her.

 

She just nodded, “Have a seat.”


“No. I didn’t come here to sit. I came here to apologize. I’m really sorry for what I did, Yuri.” He scratched the back of his neck, “What I did was wrong. I thought it over the last few weeks. What I see now is that you really do love Yunho.” He laughed, “But the man is stupid enough not to love you back.”


“Don’t say that about Yunho.” Yuri said, defending her husband, “I thought you came here to apologize, not to insult my husband.”

 

Siwon sighed but didn’t apologize about what he had just said about Yunho. Besides, the man wouldn’t cry, would he? “Right. I’m sorry but it doesn’t mean that I would stop liking you.” He didn’t use the word love. Yuri frowned, “You liked me?”


“Yes, & still do. Nobody can’t help not liking you, Yuri. You are beautiful & had the things other women don’t.”

 

“Tell me then.” She paused, then continued, “Why don’t Yunho like me?”

 

Siwon sighed, “I’m not him.” But he wished he was. The man was a lucky !


“Why did you decide to change all of a sudden? Is this a trick of yours again?” She asked, “If it is, it won’t work.”


“Its up to you if you want to believe me or not, Yuri.” He grunted, “I hate being the nice man. If Yunho wasn’t your husband, you will be mine already. Damn the lucky man.” He looked at Yuri, “I will be leaving now since my apologies are already said but I need you to know if you will forgive me?”


“I will forgive you Oppa, but you should apologize to Yunho, too.”

 

He grunted again, “I don’t think I want to. Saying sorry to you is hard enough. I don’t want to go through what Yunho has to say.”


“I understand what you mean.” Yuri said.


“Thank you. I believe I will be going now. It’s useless fighting for you when Yunho is around. Goodbye, Yuri. Stay sweet.” He said.

 

“Goodbye.”

 

She watched him walked out of the library door. It was a moment of peace to know that Siwon was gone. Maybe he will be gone for good. She & Yunho could start their life over again. If only he would love her back. Yuri walked into their house. She felt a dark swirl of breeze left the place & a bright swirl came running in. She missed him & felt lonely without his sweet words. They hadn’t spent a day together or talk together since that regretful night. She didn’t know why they weren’t. It was just too confusing.

 

She walked into the library after being greeted by Taeyeon’s cheerful smile. The maid had surely missed her & she missed her, too. She looked at the portrait & a huge smile came to her glossy pink lips. She could imagine him looking at it everyday when she had left him. She blew a kiss up to him & could feel him accepting it. She wondered if he missed her.

 

Her heart couldn’t rest until she had walked into their house. She felted happy again. It wasn’t everyday that she feels like that. Yuri looked at her studio time silver tone simulated crystal circle link bangle watch. It was already five o’clock. Yunho should be home any minute now. She touched the polished desk & remembered that one time they had almost made love on top of it. Walking to the other side, Yuri opened the top drawer. She will just have some time exploring his papers until he comes home.

 

“Topic of scholars.” She read the title of a document. She put the paper aside & read another one.


“Re-client.” When Yuri was about to close the drawer, something caught her eyes. She took it out of the entire document & read the title, “Divorcement of Jung Yunho & Jung Yuri.”