Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 13

 

The next day, Yunho went downstairs to find Yuri looking through a magazine. She didn’t wake up early but at the usual time. It is Yunho who woke up late. He couldn’t sleep & Yuri figure that out. Though he couldn’t sleep last night, Yunho didn’t have any dark spots under his eyes. He looked good as healthy as a little naughty boy. Yunho sure was late for work but he wasn’t wearing his business suit.

 

“Get up. We are visiting your dad.” He said, looking down at Yuri.


“Now?” She asked, not looking at him but the magazine.

 

“Yes, that’s why I’m telling you to get up & get going. What’s so hard about it?” Yunho said, irritated! Even though what happened last night, he still isn’t going to be nice to her.

 

She got up & fixed her black signature polo shirt & heather grey slinky ribby lounge pants.


“Okay, let’s go.” She said, & walk away, leaving Yunho to follow her.

 

Today, Yuri didn’t feel like visiting her father at all. She wasn’t in the mood but to make her father happy to see his son-in-law, she will do it to change her father’s mood. The car ride was an unhappy & quiet one but she didn’t care. Yuri just look out at the people walking & playing in the cold. The snow was coming soon, anyone can smell it.

 

They reach her father’s house & it was still the same. Mr. Kwon was happy to see them together. Yuri & Yunho didn’t act out this time. Mr. Kwon was just happy to see them that he thought they were happy together. They didn’t like to act out or wanted to. It was late when they got back home. Yunho & Yuri sigh in relief this time because there wasn’t a mom to tell them to stay for the night or eat nasty medicine.

 

Days have passed by & the days were still the same until one day, when someone showed up surprisingly at the mansion doorstep. Yuri was up in her room, doing nothing more but read when someone knock at her door, “Come in.” Yuri called.


“Hi, Yuri.” Said Taeyeon, “There’s a man downstairs who wants to see you.”


“Did he tell you his name?”


“No, but he said he was a friend of yours.”


“Okay, thanks. I will come down right now.” Said Yuri, & follow Taeyeon downstairs.

 

Yuri stopped & told Taeyeon to go do her work when she saw the figure. She has no idea who it is until the figure turn around to look at her.

 

“Hello, Yuri. I hope I’m not disturbing you.” Said Siwon.


“I...I wasn’t doing anything but read. Don’t worry, you are not disturbing me.” Said Yuri, & sat down, telling Siwon to sit down, too.


“So, what are you doing here?” Asked Yuri. Siwon looked at her & she quickly corrected her sentence, “I...I didn’t mean it like that. I…”


“It’s alright Yuri. I see what you mean.” Laugh Siwon, making Yuri laugh too, “I was just making a stop by to asked you if you would like to go out for lunch? It’s my lunch hour & I like you to join me if you are willing.”


“Sure, I will love, too. There is nothing to do here anyway & Sunny is on her honeymoon so shall we go now?” Said Yuri happily. She will love to get out of the house. Yuri has been stuck in this big mansion for so long that she felt like a princess, waiting for her prince to come rescue her but will the prince be Siwon or Yunho? Siwon & Yuri arrived at a high-class restaurant. Yunho had never taken Yuri to dinner in one before but before she married Yunho, Sunny or her ex-boyfriend & her have been going to a lot of them but this was a long time ago. She felt happy than before. She wanted to thank Siwon so much but didn’t want to ruin the time. The restaurant was a building of three stories & beautifully decorated. There were musicians who played the loveliest music ever. All Yuri knows about the restaurant is that, it’s the prettiest restaurant she has ever seen, “What do you want to eat?” Asked Siwon.

 

Yuri told what she wanted & Siwon sent the waiter away after ordering.


“Thanks for asking me to lunch Oppa. If you haven’t, I would have been at home eating by myself.” Said Yuri, “Your welcome & if any time you feel lonely, just call me.” Said Siwon.

 

The food came as they started to dig in. While Yuri was eating, she looked up at Siwon & saw him looking at something. Yuri looked at what caught Siwon’s attention & saw her husband with Jessica. They were following a waiter to their seat. Yunho was dress regularly in his michael kors charcoal multistripe modern fit suit. They could have there like partners but Jessica was dress fashionably in a washed peach linen long sleeve boatneck shirt, white classic pencil skirt & a leopard haircalf modern pumps. Yuri look at herself. She was dress in a short sleeve softened shirt & black slim ankle pants. Yuri felt so out of place. She knew she should have change into the dress Yunho bought for her on Sunny’s wedding day. It doesn’t matter now; at least she has something on.

 

Yuri turned back towards her plate of food & pretended not to notice them but Siwon saw hurt looked on her face. He felt sorry for her but then he felt happy, too.

 

“Yuri, I…”


“It’s okay Oppa. They came to lunch only as partners, right?” Yuri knew they came to lunch more than partners did but right now, she wanted to have a good time with her lunch & Siwon.


“I guess.” Mumble Siwon.

 

Yuri pretended to smile & continue her lunch.

 

After eating for five minutes, Siwon said to Yuri, “Do you want to go now or do you want to stay for a while?”


“If you want to go now, sure. You might not want to be late for work because of me.”


“Oh, I still have eighty minutes left, no worries.”

 

Yuri got up & turned around quickly to bumped into a waiter. The drinks he was carrying had spilled all over Yuri, making her shirt damp. The entire customers had turn to look at the commotion, even Yunho & Jessica. Yunho stare in awe at Yuri & then saw Siwon trying to help her. Jessica looked at Yunho & saw his expression. She smiled secretly.


“I’m so sorry.” Said the waiter.


“No, I’m the one who should apologize.” Said Yuri. The waiter look at her. Usually, the people that comes in here & gotten drinks spell all over them would yell at him but this woman is different; she apologizes.

 

“I...I think I should bring you a new outfit since you are all wet.” Said the scare waiter. He didn’t want to get fire. It was his third job this month.


“No, it’s alright. It’s just a shirt.”


“But…”


“I think the lady is alright. No need to get her a shirt.” Said a voice, from behind. Yuri looked up & saw Yunho. She had totally forgotten that he was in the restaurant.


“Oh, hello Mr. Jung.” Said the waiter.

 

‘The waiter knows Yunho Oppa?’ Thought Yuri, ‘So, he’s that famous?’

 

Yunho gave him a nod & turn back to Yuri.


“I expect you to be back home.” He said, & was about to walk away when Siwon stopped Yunho with a hand on his shoulder.


“Why are you so rude to your wife, Yunho? She is a nice catch.” Said Siwon.

 

He shook Siwon’s hand off of his shoulder.


“Don’t interfere with my life Siwon, or you might not like what I got in store for you.” Yunho took one last look at Yuri & walk towards Jessica who was enjoying the show.

 

“Come on, Oppa. I want to get out of here. Now.” Said Yuri, & walk away, not waiting for Siwon.

 

Siwon caught up with Yuri & stopped her.


“Yuri, are you sure you are alright?”

 

She nodded her head, “I’m fine Oppa. Thanks for your worries. Can you drive me home now? I don’t think I feel that great now.”


“Sure. Get in the car.”

 

During the drive home, they were both quiet. All Yuri wanted to do right then was to go home & rest. She felt so tired & she wasn’t ready for Yunho tonight. He can yell at her all he wants & she still wouldn’t care.

 

Siwon dropped Yuri off at her house & drove off to work again.


“Yuri, are you okay? You look sick.” Said Taeyeon, when Yuri walked into the house.


“Oh Taeyeon, you worry too much. I’m fine as ever. I just need some rest & a pill for headaches. Can you please get me one?” Said Yuri, as she walk upstairs.

 

A minute later, Taeyeon burst in, spilling a little water here & there.

 

“Taeyeon. Slow down. I’m alright.” Laugh Yuri as Taeyeon handed the pill & water to her.


“I’m sorry, Yuri. I was just worry about you.”


“I’m fine. You can go now.”

 

“Okay, but if you need anything at all just call me.”


“I will.” Said Yuri, as she swallow the pill with her drink.

 

“Have a good rest.” Said Taeyeon, & walk out, closing the door behind her.

 

Five long hours later, Yuri woke up to a horrible dream. She was sweating all over. Her face was red in the dark. The dream was horrible. Though she can’t seem to remember what happened in her dreams, it scared her but she still can’t recalled what she had dream of but there was one thing she remembered. It was a face of a beautiful woman. It looked like her mother, though Yuri wasn’t quite sure. She hasn’t seen her mom since she was a child.

 

Yuri got out of bed & went to take a warm shower. She didn’t even felt any better after her shower. Her headache was getting worse.

 

Yunho drove into the driveway & got out of his green audi. He walk into the house just as Yuri came downstairs. She was dress in her red paradise margarita pajamas & her hair was still wet, hanging down her face. When Yuri got down to the last step, she saw Yunho. Yuri didn’t expected him to come home this early. Seeing him made her headache even worse.


“You were with him…”


“I have my reasons.” Interrupted Yuri.


“& they are that important?”

 

“To me they are but to you, I doubt it.”


“Are you that sure?” Asked Yunho.


“Yes, & you were with Jessica.”


“She is my partner, Yuri.”


“& Siwon is my friend. You can’t choose my friends for me.”


“I will if I have, too. Did I not told you to stay away from him?”


“I was bored staying home alone! At least you can be nice enough to take your own wife to lunch too, but I guess you think a partner working with you is more important than your wife!” Shouted Yuri. Did she just say that? For sure she wasn’t planning too, but Yuri got out of control & said what she thought she ought to say. Yunho just look at her. He was about to answer when Yuri’s eyes suddenly close & was about to fall to the ground when Yunho caught her. Panic seizes him. He shouldn’t have made her shout at him but really, he shouldn’t have shouted at her himself.

 

“Yuri. Yuri, are you alright?” He said, when he knows that she isn’t. He felt for her forehead to see that it was burning hot, “Taeyeon. Taeyeon, where are you?”

 

Taeyeon came running in. She stop when she saw Yunho holding Yuri with her eyes shut.

 

“Tell Donggun to get the car. Now.” Taeyeon obey & quickly ran out as fast as possible.

 

Yunho picked Yuri up bridal style & headed towards the door. She was as light as a feather in his arms. As he carried her out to the car, Yunho looked down at Yuri’s sweet face. God, he wish she’s going to be alright.

 

When they got to the hospital, the nurses put her on a roller bed & rolled her into the emergency room.

 

He couldn’t think at all but sat down on one of the chairs. A few minutes later, a nurse came out.


“How is she?” Yunho asked impatiently. He didn’t know he was going to be that fanatic.

 

“I’m sorry sir, I can’t tell you the results yet.” Said the nurse, “Are you related to her?”


“Yes, I’m her husband.”


“Well, do you have anyone that you can contact?”


“Yes, I do but can you do it for me? I feel quite shaken now.” Said Yunho. The nurse looked at his sad face & nodded. She took the card of phone numbers from him & walked away.

 

Minutes later, Mr & Mrs. Jung along with Mr. Kwon came. Mr & Mrs. Jang, Mr & Mrs. Lee also came, too. They were also consider part of the family.

 

“Dear, is Yuri alright?!” Cried Mrs. Jung, “I’m so worry! My only daughter-in-law is in the hospital!”

 

“Mom, she’s going to be alright. Don’t worry so much.” Said Yunho.


“Oh, Yuri. She has never been sick before. Yuri was always strong.” Said Mr. Kwon. He knew it was Yunho who made Yuri sick. Nobody thought he is smart enough but he is. He still remembered the way he treated Aecha years ago. Mr. Jung looked at Yunho with deadly eyes. He so wish Yunho would change before it was too late.

 

Mr. Kwon’s words made Yunho feel even more guilty.

 

The doctor came out with a sad expression on his face. His hair is black with a little gray in it, though he is quite handsome in a way. They all rose to their feet & asked the doctor’s questions expect Yunho. He just sat there like nobody was around him.

 

“How is she, Dr. Wang?” Asked Mrs. Jung. Yunho had request Dr. Wang since his family & his had known each other for a long time. He is also the best doctor in Seoul.


“She is doing fine. She just had a fever. A very high fever if I may say so. I suggest she stay in the hospital for a day or two before she can go home. Visitors are also allowed. She hasn’t woken up yet but she will be move into another room tomorrow. Good day.” He said, & walked away as they thank him.