Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 28

 

Yuri got out of the car after a few minutes after Yunho & looked around. She couldn’t believe it. Here she is, standing in front of the church she most wanted her dad to be buried with her mom. Even if Yunho hadn’t told her why they were doing here, she knows it. It was like Yunho had read her mind. She shivered at that thought. God helped her. If Yunho could read her thoughts then he will know that she loves him. That can’t happen to her. It just can’t.

 

She turned to look at Yunho. He is so handsome, standing there, looking at her like she was an angel. She just wanted to run to him & kiss him with all her love. Yet, she couldn’t do that. Not until he declares that he loves her first. Even if she tries to read his mind that wouldn’t help.

 

“Yunho Oppa.” She said, forcing herself not to knock him over & stood her ground.


“Yes?”


“Thank you. You don’t know how much this means to me. I really appreciate what you did.”

 

“Any time.”

 

Yunho kept his place. He knew that Yuri would never run into his arms. He wasn’t surprises. Her reactions never surprises him. This was the best he could do. Helping her & not making such a big deal about it.

 

“Come on, Yuri. Let’s go in. They are waiting for us.” He said.

 

She put on her questioning face again, “Who?”


“My parents, Keunseuk & Sunny.”


“What?”

 

“I know that you wanted a private funeral for your dad so I just decided to call them. I didn’t know if you have any relatives or not but I...I didn’t want to ask you.”

 

A small smile came on her pink lips, “No, I don’t have any relatives. Again Oppa, thank you.”

 

He nodded & opened the door for her. She went in & saw four figures sitting on the front row of benches. She looked behind her, looking at Yunho for some support. He again, lit up another smile at the corner of his lips. Lying a hand on her back, he signal for her to go. Holding back her tears, she moved forward. She walked down the aisle with her hands down beside her. She needed her family & friends but she didn’t know if she could control her feelings.

 

As Yuri stopped in front of Sunny, she shot up & hugged her tightly.

 

“I’m so sorry, Yuri. I’m so sorry. You two just found each other’s love & now...now this.” Sunny cried. Yuri squeezes her eyes shut & hug Sunny back. She didn’t want to let out any tears but it was useless, she burst out crying.

 

“Let it all out, sweetie. It’s okay to cry.” Mrs. Jung cried silently, patting Yuri’s back.

 

After all the grieving, they all quiet down. Yuri sat down next to Yunho while he assure her with a smile or two when she turned to look him. She had just notice that her stomach was growling. With no breakfast or lunch today, she was getting hungry but decided to stay quiet about it. After this, she will just have dinner with her family & friends.

 

Hours later, it was time for them all to retired. Yunho considered an inn but Yuri opposed.

 

“No, we will drive back home. I don’t feel like sleeping in an inn & besides, we had spend enough money.” Yuri said.

 

“But it’s a eight hour drive back & booking a hotel doesn’t cost that much.”

 

“I can take it. We don’t have to use money.”

 

Mr & Mrs. Jung & Sunny were looking at their argument worriedly. Keunsuk was shaking his head at them. Yuri wasn’t afraid of sleeping in the same room with Yunho but she didn’t want to waste money sleeping in a comfy bed when she already got one at home.


“What about tomorrow? We have to drive back, too.”


“Then we will just do that.”

 

Yunho let out a big sigh, “Yuri, you look tired & I want you to have a nice sleep so we are going to a hotel whether you like it or not.” Yunho walked out to the car & got in, slamming the door shut. Yuri was making this too difficult for both of them. To win her this time, he just have to walk away with his final words, not giving her the chance to fight back.

 

Yuri look at her family & friends for help but what she got from them was what she got from Yunho. Giving up, she walked out to his car. She got in but didn’t dare look at his face. She knows he was angry. He sat there, not moving an inch to start the engine. She waited for him, not knowing what to do. Then he spoke up. She noticed his regretting sigh.


“Do you know the nearest hotel?”


“The nearest is three hours away. It’s not that fancy as the ones in the city.”

 

“It’s alright with me. How do you know this place so well?” He asked, as he started the engine. Yunho pull out of the parking lot with Keunsuk & Mr. Jung’s car following from behind.


“I come here once in a while.”


“With a book up hotel?”


“The cheapest one.”


“Why? Your father was rich.”

 

“I spent a little of his money.”

 

They were silent again, & the rest of the way to the nearest hotel. When they got to the hotel, Yunho booked up a suites for them both. When they got to the suites, Yuri wanted to take a shower but there were no clothes for her to wear for the night or the next. They started to argue again.

 

“Look, Yuri. I will go down to the gift shop & buy you some clothes okay.” He said, trying to be sweet & not make the problem bigger. It was his fault. He didn’t think about the important stuff before he said to book up in a hotel.

 

“No, I will go down by myself.” She said, blushing. There was no way she was going to let him buy her undergarments.

 

“No, I will go.”


“No Oppa, I will go. I need to buy some...ah, undergarments.” She said nervously. This argument wasn’t going to end without her telling him why she didn’t want him to go.

 

Instead of his face turning red, he smile, making Yuri blushed.


“Oh, that. I know your bra size &...”


“Oppa!” She exclaimed in a whisper.

 

“What? Your own husband has to know about those stuff, don’t they?” He asked, trying not to laugh.

 

“I...I don’t know.” She whispered, with her face turning more red.

 

Seeing that he had made her embarrass enough, Yunho decided to let her off.


“Fine.” He said, trying to sound sad, “You go buy yourself some clothes & I will go get us some dinner. You are hungry, aren’t you?”


“Yeah, I am. Are we having dinner with the rest?”


“No.”

 

“Oh.” She said disappointedly.


“You don’t want to have dinner with me?”


“No. I...I mean, of course, I do.”


“Good. What do you want?”

 

“Anything if fine.”


“Okay.”

 

With nothing else left to say, Yuri opened the door to walk out but something stop her. She turned back around to look at Yunho with a phone to his ear. He stopped talking on the phone & lookup.


“Are you missing something, Yuri?”


“No, but...but are you not going to change into another outfit? I mean, you need some clothes, don’t you?” She asked nervously.


“Ah. You reminded me. I will just call Donggun to bring me my clothes.” He said, & put the phone back to his ear to continue his list of food.


“But Oppa.”

 

He looked up again, & tilted his head to the right side & then cover the mouthpiece. He pouted at Yuri for interrupting him.

 

“Yes, Yuri?”


“I don’t want you to disturb Donggun or any of the people at the house.”


“What do you want me to do?”


“Buy yourself some new clothes.”


“Now you want to spend money?”


“I...I...Well, yeah. I don’t want you to disturb them. That’s all.”

 

Yunho smiled, “Alright.”

 

Yunho walked to the nightstand & wrote something down.

 

“Oppa? What are you doing?”


“Writing something down.”

 

“What are you writing down?”

 

Instead of answering her question, he walked up to her & handed her the sheet of paper. Before she looked at it, she ask him again, “What’s this?”


“Read it.”

 

As she started reading it, her face turned from pink, to red, then to deep red. She looked up with an unbelievable blushing red face.


“Oppa. You don’t mean it, do you?”


“I’m a serious man. If you don’t want me to call Donggun then you have to do the job yourself.” He took the paper from her & stood next to her, showing her the paper while he pointed at it, “This is my underwear size & this is my boxer size & this is…”


“Stop, Oppa. I know. I can read.” Yuri said, as she snatched the paper from him.


“That’s good to hear because you need to learn your husband’s underwear size.”

 

Yuri blushed again, “I will be going now.”


“Do you need my credit card?”


“No. I have mine.” She said, & walked out.

 

When Yuri was gone, Yunho burst out laughing. He walked back to the phone & continue with the list of food.

 

Yuri looked through all the men’s underwear & finally found Yunho’s size after she had selected her clothes. Shopping for her husband wasn’t an easy job at all, especially when looking for his underwears. She paid for the clothes & got back to the suites. All throughout dinner, Yunho would talk about how good his pork rib soup was. He kept asking Yuri if she wanted some but she would say no. He didn’t give up asking her & finally, she accepted it.

 

Yuri went to bed after dinner with Yunho. He still had some of his unfinished projects to do. Every now & then, his head would turn to look at the closed door of Yuri’s bedroom. His heart was crying out loud for her to let him sleep with her tonight. He knows that she needs comfort but was afraid to ask him for the shoulder to cry on. He swear he would do anything just so she would tell him why she was crying in the car this afternoon. He still wasn’t sure if it was him that made her cry. Or maybe she just wanted to let out all of her sorrows. Perturbed by all this heartache, Yunho got up & walked around. He walked to the bedroom door & stood there for a minute & then walked to his own bedroom door. He stood still, trying to get his mind to work again, “Come on, Yunho. Either you go back to work or go to sleep in your own bed. Not Yuri’s, yours.” He murmured to himself. Yunho roses his hand up & hit himself on the forehead. Finally, like waking up from his sleep, he made his decision. He turned out the lights & walk to his own bedroom. If Yuri doesn’t want to be bothered or be comfort then he won’t do those stuff. He will just go to sleep in the bedroom that Yuri had picked out for him.

 

Turning her head to the side, Yuri woke up from the coldest of a note. She opened one of her eyes & slowly sat up in bed. She grabbed the note & started reading it, “Forgive me?” She playfully shook her head slowly. Opening the note, a picture flew out & landed on her lap. Yuri picked it up & looked at it carefully. There on the picture, Yunho had on a sad facial. One of his eyebrows was rise into a question. His lips were pouting & his hair was in a mess. A small smile came onto her lips. She shook her head again.


“Does that mean you won’t forgive me?” A familiar voice said, from behind her. She turned around briskly & frowned. There he was. Sitting on the chair near the door. She wondered if he had seen what she did & if he had been here all night, watching her while she slept peacefully.

 

“Forgive you? For what?” She asked him.

 

This time, it was him who frowned. He got up & walked to the bed, “For making you come to the hotel yesterday night.”


“Oh, that. It was nothing but our usual little fights. Why apologize?”

 

Yunho cross him arms over his chest, “What do you mean by that, Yuri?”


“I mean, we argue all the time so why ask for my forgiveness?”

 

“Does that mean that every time I apologize after our little fights, you don’t really forgive me even when you say it?”

 

“No Oppa, that’s not what I mean. Of course, I forgive you & I mean it but it’s just not such a big deal.”

 

The moment she said that, she regretted. Yunho’s face turned red with anger. Why didn’t she just say that he was forgiven instead of starting this fight?


“Fine, Yuri. If that’s the way you want it so be it. There will be no forgiveness between us anymore. Whenever we have our little fights, just forget it that I will ever apologize.” Yunho said angrily. He turned around & walk to the open door. Just before he went out, he turned back around & said, “I will wait in the car for you. Dad, mom, Keunsuk & Sunny had already gone to the church.” With that, he strolled out & slam the door shut.

 

Yuri jumped. This is just the time when things get worse. Yuri got into the car & slowly sat down on the seat. She turned to looked at Yunho who was facing the front. He started the car & drove out of the parking lot. When she opened to apologize, nothing came out. She tried again, & the same thing happened, ‘What is wrong with me?’ She thought, ‘Have I suddenly lost my voice? Oh, no. I can’t talk. I’m deaf, too. I can’t hear anything expect this beeping voice in my head. This can’t be happening to me.’

 

“I’m sorry.” She blurted out. Her face turned red & her breathing rose up & she began to cough. Yunho stopped the car & grabbed Yuri by the shoulders & turn her to face him.


“What’s wrong, Yuri?” His voice was gentle with concern.

 

She looked at him through teary-eyes, “Oppa. I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. I didn’t mean to say those words to you. I was stupid! I...I didn’t know what I was saying. I knew you were trying to cheer me up but...but…” “It’s okay, Yuri. I didn’t mean what I said, too. Like you are, I’m stupid, too. Don’t cry okay.” He said gently. His hands were on both sides of her face, wiping her tears away.

 

“I...I couldn’t hear anything & couldn’t talk. I thought I was deaf. I thought I was sick.”

 

Yunho couldn’t take it any longer; he had to hold her. With two dignified arms, she was in his arms without a second. Yuri cried on his shoulder while he kiss her hair. He assured her with sweet words that made her melt with love.

 

After he was sure that she had cried out all her sorrows, Yunho pulled her back & examined her with worried eyes.


“Are you ready now?” He asked.

 

She tried to smile, “Only if you say that you forgive me first.”


“You are forgiven.”


“& you are forgiven, too.”


“Now, what did I ever do to you?” He asked in a country voice.

 

She burst out laughing, followed by him. After a while, she looked at him seriously.


“Oppa. When my daddy die, I told myself I have to mourn for him but never can I. You made my days brightened up like always.”

 

“That’s why I’m here to cheer you up. Don’t try to be sad when you know you can’t, especially in front of your husband. He will always know what to do just like me.”

 

“But Oppa, I just feel so sad not having my daddy around with me anymore.”


“You do have him with you. You have his blood. That’s a part of him. Not just your dad but your mom, too. So, I don’t want you to be sad anymore when you know you can’t. Alright?”


“Alright. Thanks, Oppa. You are the best.”


“I know.”

 

He brought up his hand to feel her soft & tender pink cheeks. It was as smooth as a rose petal.

 

“You are so picturesque.” He whisper.


“Like what?” She whispered back, holding her breath.


“Like this.” He said, & brushes his lips against hers softly. She slightly opened & invited him in like the wind. He smiled while kissing her full lips & whispered her name.

 

She pulled away slightly & look at his closed eyes. She whispered, “I’m pregnant.”


His eyes slowly open & stare back into her eyes with no emotion. His hands on her waist loosen. He idly turned his head to look at the front & then slowly collapse his whole body onto his seat with his head leaning back.

 

A/N: tomorrow i will be going to a friends wedding so i won't be able to update in the morning but once i come back, i will start updating so please be patience with me :)

- butt3rflyl0v3r