Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 3

 

The next morning, Yuri woke up late. She have been so tired from all the tears she have shed yesterday night. She sat up from the bed & rub her eyes. The sun have woken her up. It was a beautiful day. The sun rays were casting through Yuri’s window & laying on her that it makes her look like a newborn angel with beautiful wings. She was gazing out of the window when a knock startled her. Yuri out of bed & walked to the door. She opened it & there stood Haeun smiling at her.

 

"Yes?" Ask Yuri.

 

"Do you want breakfast in bed or do you want to eat in the dining room?" Ask Haeun, still smiling.

 

"In here will be fine. Thank you & where is my father?"

 

"Your father is in the dining room eating his breakfast, miss."

 

"Okay. Thank you."

 

After Haeun walk away, Yuri close the door & went to change into a long denim halle shirt & platinum denim deepest blue legging. After she wash up, she went back to her bed & found her breakfast tray.

 

Yuri went downstairs after eating & found her father sitting in the livingroom, reading the morning newspaper.

 

She walked towards the door but her father's voice stop her.

 

"Where do you think you are going?" Said her father ruffly, without looking up at Yuri.

 

Yuri turn to look at her dad & said, the plain & usual word, "Out."

 

"Without my permission you are not! Come over here!" Her father demanded. Yuri walk over to her dad & sat down on one of the sofas. Right now, she didn't feel like arguing with him.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I want you to get a life, Yuri, & without your mother, I don't know what to do but to make you marry a man that can help your life." Said Mr. Kwon.

 

"I know where you are getting to, dad, & I will tell you right now you are not forcing me to marry one of the rich guys out there. I don't need them just like I don't need you." Said Yuri.

 

"Yuri."

 

"This is the first time that you have ever talk to me about getting marry & I know something is wrong."

 

"Yuri, you will get marry & that is final. Mr. Jung & I have already arrange the wedding with his son for..." "What? Mr. Jung's son? There is no way & I say no way am I going to marry that guy."

 

"You will marry him & that’s final."

 

"No! You can't make me! I run my own life around here alright! You are not me & I'm not you so stay out of my life!" Yell Yuri, with tears in her eyes. Her oval-shaped face was flush with all the yelling & she just can't take it anymore.

 

"How many times have I told you not to yell at me? You, Kwon Yuri, will not embarrassed me. All the money I gave to you..."

 

"Those money are just filthy. If you want them back I will work to give it back to you."

 

"& you will marry Jung Yunho to pay me back those money." Said Mr. Kwon.

 

"What? You are just selling me, right? I know now. You lost all of your money by gambling & you are paying the Jung’s back by selling me to." Yuri was stop by the slap on her face.

 

"Go to your room!" Said her father angrily, but quietly.

 

"You make it sound like I'm a child." Yuri said quietly.

 

"& you are my only child. We will talk about the wedding later on when I have nothing to do. There will be no engagement party since Mr. Jung & I have talk about it already but you will meet Yunho when possible." Mr. Kwon said firmly, & walk away, telling Haeun not to let Yuri leave the house.

 

Yuri quietly walk up the stairs to her room. She sat on the bed crying. She needs to think of a way to get out of this. Maybe she should talk to Sunny about this but she decided against it since Sunny had just gotten engage with the man she loves & she will never ever think about killing herself even if she have to marry Jung Yunho. Then the thought of running away flashed into her mind. She will pack right now & then late at night when everyone is asleep, she will just sneak out.

 

Yuri went to the bathroom to washed her face & then packed the important things she needed for future use. As Yunho walked into Jung Inc., everyone turn to look at him. He was just used to it everyday when he comes in. He just wanted to laugh out loud at how the girls dash their makeup as soon as he walk in. He swear he just saw a guy putting on some blushes behind a little mirror he was holding.

 

"Why do some people I hired have to hired some gay guys?" Yunho mummured to himself. He decided not to chat around with the guy so he walked into the elavtor & just as it was about to close, a voice he remember really well called out his name.

 

"Yunho Oppa! Wait!" Shout the voice. He held the elavtor door open & ran in the girl.

 

Yunho turn around & to his surprises, it was Jessica.

 

"Jessica? Why are you still in Seoul? Shouldn't you be at the airport by now?" Ask Yunho.

 

"Yes, but my boss just told me that the plan was cancelled so now here I am. Come on, let’s go to your office." Said Jessica, dragging Yunho towards his office once the elevator stop on the top floor.

 

Yunho went inside & sat on his chair while Jessica stood behind him with her arms around him.

 

"Can we go to lunch together later on, Oppa?"

 

"Sorry."

 

"Please?"

 

"Jessica, it's over between us alright. No more going on & off." Said Yunho.

 

"But you said you loved me & you know that I love you, too."

 

"I thought I love you but I love you as a sister only Jessica."

 

"But..." Jessica was cut off, by a knock at the door.

 

"Come in." Said Yunho.

 

Yoona Im, Yunho’s personal secretary, walked into the room with the usual business-like smile.

 

"Sorry for interrupting you two." Said Yoona.

 

"It's alright, Yoona." Said Yunho.

 

"No, it's not." Spoke up Jessica, "You should have waited until we were finish talking. I know how secretaries are, they just want to flirt with their boss."

 

Yunho glare at Jessica coldly. A glare that would have scare anyone off. Even Jessica have never seen him like that before so she step a step back with shut.

 

Yoona almost smile at that. She had never did liked Jessica. She wish that the boss would just get marry soon so she wouldn’t be having all those girly calls.

 

"Sorry about that Yoona. Jessica doesn't know anything about business. What do you have for me?"

 

"Mmm. Hyoyeon called & want to have lunch with you. Seohyun called & wanted to meet you for lunch too, & also Sooyoung."

 

"Sent all of them fifteen dozen of roses & pick a gift out for each one. Anymore?"

 

"Your dad called but you weren't here so he said he will call back."

 

"Thank you, you may go now."

 

"Yes, sir, &...uh, don't forget the one o’clock meeting."

 

"I won't." With that, Yoona walked away.

 

It was minutes before Jessica spoke up.

 

"So, you were meeting other girls while we were dating?"

 

"Were you not to Jessica? I believe you were." Said Yunho, looking at Jessica blushing deep red, "So, I was right."

 

He was right. Jessica decided to change the subject before he humanilate her even more.

 

"Humph. You should have fire that Yoona girl when I told you. She was getting into our relationship."

 

"Watch what you say Jessica. At least she isn't a like other girls I know of." Said Yunho.

 

Jessica knew well who he was talking about & she blush even more. Before she can retort back, Yoona, who Jessica has began to hate even more came on the phone.

 

"Yes, Yoona?" Said Yunho. He could feel the heat Jessica was giving off right now. The heat of anger & the heat of rejection but he didn't care one bit.

 

"Your father is on line three."

 

"Okay. Thank you." He pick up the phone & press the number three.

 

"Hi, dad. What is it?"

 

"Oh, I just wanted to call you if you could come over to dinner tonight?

 

"Sure, I will love, too."

 

"Okay, see you then. Goodbye."

 

"Bye, dad." Then Yunho hung up the phone.

 

Jessica, who was standing in front of Yunho work table just look at him with deadly dark brown, almond-shaped eyes. Yunho was signing some document that was on his table & looked up at the fuming Jessica & just look at her for five minutes. Then Jessica finally broke the quietness.

 

"You know Oppa, I won't give you up that soon to anyone without a challenge." Said Jessica firmly.

 

"That will be a lot of fun. Don't you think so?"

 

"Humph. I will get you back from whoever you are dating." With that, Jessica walk out of the room.

 

Yunho sigh. Before he could start his day all over again, someone dash into his office without knocking but he didn't need to guess who it was.

 

"Hey, Yunho. What’s up?" Said Keunsuk, the assistant manager, who works for Yunho & also his best friends, "Actually, nothing’s up because I'm down right now."

 

"Whoa. Wait a minute. With who?" Asked Keunsuk jokely. Yunho just gave him a glare that told him to shut up!

 

Keunsuk seem to see that his best friend was down so he decided to cheer him up with some good news.

 

"I have some great news & guess what it is."

 

"You & Sunny are engage."

 

"Hey. How did you know?" Asked Keunsuk, making a face.

 

"I guess didn't I." Said Yunho, looking at Keunsuk, making him look more stupider!

 

"Yeah. We are going to the club tonight, want to go?"

 

"No. Got dinner with my parents."

 

"Ah. Too bad. Anyway, I will see you later. Bye." Said Keunsuk.

 

"Later, & don't forget about the meeting at one!" Yunho shout, after Keunsuk.

 

"I won't."


Again, after Keunsuk left, Yunho try to begin his day again.