Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 23

 

Yunho entered the house & ran up to Yuri’s room. He was mad. The stupid job kept him away from going to dinner with Yuri! His talk with Jessica was useless. She was too stubborn. She didn’t go to the meeting on purposes. He wanted to fire Jessica but the time for her to find another position was difficult. He had hated her all along even when they were dating.

 

Yunho had settled down the confusion with the Americans. They wanted Yunho to make up his time for the lost meeting & he did & for that, he had been delay with his promise to treat Yuri to dinner. He wanted to call her & tell her that he couldn’t make it but time for him was short. He couldn’t make the call to Yuri. He didn’t even have his damn dinner!

 

Yunho opened the door to Yuri’s bedroom & look inside. Before he had even entered the house, he knew that she was going to sleep early so she could stay away from him & his apologies but no, he was going to make Yuri understand tonight.

 

He walked over to her bedside & look at her sleepy face & smile. She is one beautiful angel. He has to admit. She has changed him. Change him completely. Was it her innocent look? Her attractive eyes? Her sweet smile? He groaned. No, it was just not some little part of her that have made him change but everything about her. She’s got everything that a woman wanted. Everything but a loving & caring husband. He groaned again. This was even harder than he though.

 

He lifted her chin with his fingers & kneels down beside her. She had her blanket fully wrap about her. He looked at the spot beside her & look back down at her. He knows she will run away from him if he kept apologizing.

 

‘Smart thinking Yunho.’ He smiled & gave himself a gold medal.

 

He walked over to the other side of Yuri’s bed & got in beside her. He got closer until their body was touching & held her from the back with his arms. He got to hold her tightly.

 

Yunho massage her cheek & ear with his lips & whispered her name. He remembered the last time he did that, “Yul. Yuri, wake up, let’s talk.” He said, & gave her a peck on the cheek, ‘God save me if Yuri kills me.’ He pray in his thoughts.

 

“Yuri. Wake up, honey.”

 

She opened one tired eye & then the next. Something had woke her up. Feeling something heavy on her waist, she threw the blanket over on Yunho’s side & saw his strong arms. She turned over to come face to face with Yunho.

 

“What are you doing in here?” She asked, & pushed against his chest with all her might. Her heart was racing, afraid of what he will do to her the last time he did.

 

Yunho held her tighter, chest against chest. He smiled arrogantly & answered! “To apologize.”

 

She was too afraid to yell again. Her trust in him wasn’t complete yet. He is still stronger than she is. Her face changed completely from deep red to pale. Her eyes widen & her lips started trembling, ‘Don’t let him see that you are scare Yuri.’ She said to herself, but it was too late, Yunho already saw her face, ‘Oh god, I scared her.’ He thought.


“Please Yunho Oppa? Let go of me. I...I can’t breathe.” Yuri said, with her face down, not wanting to looked at him.

 

Yunho quickly loosened his grip a little but still had her in his arms, “Yuri. Look at me. Please look at me?” She shook her head.


“You are afraid of me, aren’t you?” Yunho asked.

 

She shook her head again, but harder this time.

 

“Then what? I saw your face Yuri. Don’t lie to me.”

 

Her head shot up quickly. Her eyes change into anger from fear. Her color changed back into red.

 

‘There’s the angry face I love.’ He thought, but then, he didn’t want her to get angry with him.

 

“Lie?! I, Mr. Jung Yunho, have never before lie to you in our marriage! You were the one who lied!” She shouted at him. She broke free from Yunho’s grip & got off of the bed. She pointed her index finger at Yunho. Her voice started to shake, no matter how much she tried to hold it in & tears started to form in her eyes, “You, Oppa, lied to me. You promised me that you will take me out to dinner but then you didn’t. What does Jessica have that I don’t?”

 

Yunho sat there in bed, shocked. Yuri thought that he was with Jessica while he was at the meeting? So, that was why she was mad at him.

 

He got off the bed & stood in front of her. He raised a hand to touch her shoulder but she slap it away & took a step back.

 

“Don’t you dare touch me after you did that woman!” She yell.


“You are not listening to me Yuri! I didn’t lie to you! I wasn’t even with Jessica!”

 

He couldn’t help it but yell at Yuri to make her understand him.


“Where were you then? & don’t you dare lie to me because I will know.”


“If I told you where I was, you should believe me because I’m not lying & I don’t like liars. I was at the meeting I miss that you blamed on yourself. I was making the time up for it. Now, do you believe me?”

 

“Then you weren’t with Jessica?” Asked Yuri, shamelessly for jumping to conclusions.


“Of course, I wasn’t.”

 

“Why didn’t you call me then?”


“I didn’t have the time, too.”


“Then are you hungry?” She asked, & flashed him a big smile that he loves.

 

“Yes, I am.” He said, laughing at her, “But.”


“But what?”

 

“You haven’t say you believe me yet.”

 

“I believe you already, my sweet.” She hesitated & blushed.


“Oh, so now it’s my sweet, huh? Where’s the Mr. Jung Yunho?” He .

 

“In there.” She said, & poked his chest where his heart laid.

 

He pulled her into his chest & tilted her chin up, “& this is where my sweet is.” He said, & kissed her on her lips softly & passionately. They shared a kiss for five minutes until he pull back, “Now, after you say you forgive me for being late you can go cook me dinner because I bet the chef is already snoring.”


“That isn’t fair.”


“Then you won’t forgive me?”


“I have nothing to forgive because it was the meeting that made you late. It should apologize instead of you.” Yuri said stubbornly.

 

Yunho threw his head back & laugh, “Dear, I’m sure it has already apologize.”


“Then I accept.”


“That’s smart of you to. Now, how about dinner?”


“A ten o’clock dinner with my husband sounds good.”


“Then come on. I will race you down to the kitchen. Last one down there has to pull out the pig’s hair.”

 

The past eight days was full of happy memories for Yuri & Yunho as it was full of laughter so that morning, Yuri was standing in front of Jung’s Inc., in a black fit & flare crewneck dress & black tom alessandra ballet flat. She had her hair was let down. She smile, looking up at the beautiful & tall building that she never really pay any attention to. She breathes in the flesh spring clean air & smile wider. Spring finally came in after the long winter. The snowman she had made weeks ago was about to melt along with the others but she & Yunho had gathered up little patches of snow & had finished it. This morning, when she woke up the snowman was gone.

 

People pass about Yuri & smile at her. They were impressed by her beauty. She stood out among the rest that wore mostly black. She put on her best smile & walked into the building. Yunho wasn’t expecting her. She told him she will be visiting him today at his workplace but he challenged her that she will be too much of a chicken, “Ha, I will show you who’s a chicken.” She had said.

 

As she walk past some people, they look shock but then greeted her. They had also called her Mrs. Jung.

 

“They know me?” She asked herself, out loud as she greeted one of Yunho’s employee.


“Of course they know you. You are my wife.” Said Yunho, as he place a hand on her waist. He turn her around to face him & gave her a kiss on the lips quickly for he knows that Yuri doesn’t like to be kiss in public. When he pulled back, Yuri slapped him across the cheek, making him raises his eyebrows, “That’s for kissing me in public!” She yelled at him, & walk away. When she senses that Yunho wasn’t following her, she turned back around to find him pouting cutely. She burst out laughing & threw her black nine west showstopper medium tote handbag at him but he caught it in one hand.


“Oh, you are going to get it!” He shouted, & ran towards her. Yuri’s eyes were wide opened when she saw him & ran into an elevator that people were getting out of. The door was about to close when Yunho slid in.

 

The people out in the lobby were surprises when they saw Yuri walking in but they smile & greeted her. Never before had they seen Yuri in the building so of course, they would be surprised. When Yuri slap Yunho, they were surprised but then, after seeing that Yuri was playing around, they started to laugh.

 

He let out a breath & looked up at Yuri. The smile on his face widened while Yuri’s eyes became alert. Yunho got up from the floor, moving closer to her.

 

“Mr. Jung Yunho, stop right there.” Yuri said, trying to be serious through her laughed.


“Oh, no. You, Jung Yuri, is going to suffer the consequences from that slap until you give up.” Yunho said huskily, & pushes the button to the top level. He walked towards her & kissed her passionately. Yuri welcomed him in & wrap her arms around his neck while he pinned her up against the elevator wall & kisses her hungrily.

 

“Give up yet?” Asked Yunho, inches away from her baby pink lips.

 

“Never!” She hisses. Yunho smiled evilly & kissed her again.

 

When the elevator stopped at the top level & opened, Keunsuk stood there, wide-eyed, looking at them. Were they getting along together at last?

 

“Ahem. Please go get a bedroom instead of an elevator.” Keunsuk said, & roll his big, dark brown eyes.

 

Yunho’s head snapped up from Keunsuk’s voice & smile at Yuri’s blushing face, “We will continue this later.” He promised, & turned around to glare at Keunsuk who has ruined his romantic time with Yuri. Keunsuk just smile at him like he didn’t do anything wrong. Yunho grabbed Yuri’s hand & led her out of the elevator.

 

Yuri stood by Yunho’s side still blushing. She can’t believe they got caught kissing again, “Hello Keunsuk Oppa.”

 

Keunsuk smile at Yuri & reply, “Hi Yuri. I haven’t seen you for the longest time. How are you feeling?”

 

“Never better.” Yuri said happily, “Oh, how is Sunny? I haven’t seen her for so long now.”

 

“She’s doing great but misses you very much.”


“Tell her I will come visit her as soon as I can.”

 

“You got it.” Keunsuk said to her, & turn to Yunho, “Here are the papers you asked for yesterday.”

 

“Thank you.” Yunho said, & took it. He went through it & look up when he was through, “This is good enough. We will see you later then.”


“Okay,” Keunsuk said, & walk away.


“Come on, sweetie. Let’s go to my office.”

 

Yuri nodded & walked beside Yunho. They came through a double door & entered a huge lobby like the one in the first floor but it was smaller. There were people everywhere. Going through another double door again, brought them to the spot located outside of Yunho’s office. There was a big single desk on the right side with tons of paper on top of it & with it sat Yoona, reading a paper that seem to confuses her. When she looked up, she saw her boss walking with a beautiful woman beside her, ‘She looks familiar.’ Yoona thought.

 

Yoona stood up & put on a business like smile, “Hello again, Mr. Jung.”


“Hi Yoona. Guess you haven’t met my wife yet.”

 

“No, but I thought she looks familiar after reading all the magazine about you & your wife.” Yoona laugh. Yunho smiled, “This is Yuri, my wife & Yuri, this is Yoona Im, my secretary.”


“Hi. Its a pleasure to meet you finally Mrs. Jung.”

 

“Same here too, Yoona & please, call me Yuri. I like that better.”


“Yuri it is then. I was always wondering when Mr. Jung would introduce you to me. My, you are a beauty. No wonder Mr. Jung married you.”

 

Yuri smile & then look down. She had already forgotten that it was a forced marriage. Yunho noticed & bid a good day to Yoona. He held Yuri around the waist & led her into his office. When they got inside, Yunho was about to bring her to the sofa but she stop him with a hand on his chest.

 

“Oppa, wait. Are you...Are you happy living with me?” She asked, searching his face for an answered.

 

“Of course, I’m happy living with you. Why do you ask?” He replied, without any hesitation.


“It’s just that when we visit your parents & my father, we were always pretending to be in love &...& stuff.” She stopped for a while.

 

Yunho saw where she was heading. Does she love him? Oh, gosh. What if she asked him if he loves her?

 

She continued where she left off before he could think any further, “What I’m asking you is that were you pretending the whole time we were together? It’s really important to me that you answer my question.”

 

Yunho smiled. So, that was all that she was asking of him? “I haven’t been pretending with you for days now. Those wonderful days that we spent together were the greatest. Were you pretending?”

 

Yuri smile, glad to find out that Yunho wasn’t pretending, “No. I wasn’t pretending. Never will I ever pretend again, like we did in front of your parents & my father.”


“That’s good to hear. Now, tell me why you are here.”

 

“You don’t want me here?”

 

“I didn’t say that, did I, Yuri?”


“No, but I just want to be smart with you.” She laugh.

 

“Tell me or we will continue on with your punishment.” Yunho said, with a wink.


“Fine. I just wanted to take your challenge, chicken.” She laughed again, & walked towards his chair behind the desk. Yunho followed her but he beat her to the chair first & sat down, pulling her down with him, “Talking about chicken, why don’t you & I both go out to lunch?”


“Where exactly?”

 

“Anywhere you want to go.”

 

“Deal.”


“Great, & did I tell you that you look beautiful & lovely today?”


“No, you didn’t.”

 

“Well, believe it or not, I just did.” He said, & was about to kissed her again, but she pull back.

 

“We are kissing too much, lover boy.”


“So, why not kiss some more?” He asked, & finally caught her lips in a passionate kissed.

 

Yuri couldn’t help but agreed with him. She was here, sitting on this handsome man’s lap & sharing kisses with him. This guy she was falling for was no other than her husband.


“So, the rumors are correct.” Said a voice from the doorway.

 

They both pull away from the kiss & stare at Jessica. She had a smile of hatred on her small, thin pink lips, “Oh, hello Jessica.” Said Yuri nicely, getting off of Yunho’s lap. She ran a hand down her dress to smooth out the wrinkles with shaking hands. Yes, she was nervous around Jessica & she hated it. Yunho took her left hand & held onto it.

 

Jessica glare at Yuri but she missed it. Not greeting them at all, she walked up to the desk & slam a pack of papers down, “Here’s the paper you want, Yunho Oppa.” She had put emotion in Yunho’s name, making it clear to Yuri that she calls Yunho by his name, unlike all his employees.


“You may be dismiss now, Jessica.” Yunho said patiently.

 

“Actually, I got something very important that I have to talk to you with. Alone.” Jessica said, directing Yuri to leave.

 

“What’s so important about it that we have to talk alone? I’m not sure I have anything to hide from my wife.”

 

“It’s important Oppa!” Hiss Jessica.

 

Yunho was about to speak up again, but Yuri interrupted him, “It’s alright Oppa. I will go out & talk to Yoona & get some coffee for you.”


“Okay then. Coffee will be great. Here.” Yunho got up & kissed Yuri on the lips. When he pulled back, he was hoping to see Yuri blushing but he saw no expression on her face. Nothing but a fake smile he knew so well. Yuri walk out of the room, leaving Yunho & Jessica alone.

 

Yunho walked over to the window to look around the city. The same thing every day. He sighed, “Okay Jessica, what do you want?”

 

She walked over to Yunho & stood behind him. With her arms cross, she said, “So, I got my answer. You really don’t love me anymore.”


“Is that all you wanted to talk about?”

 

“Yes. What did you think I wanted to talk about? Business stuff? That doesn’t seem important to me.”

 

“It seems more important than yours.” He sneers.

 

She ignored his sneering & continued, “Do you love her?”

 

Yunho turned around sharply to stared at her. This was going nowhere, “Look here, Jessica. All I can tell you now is that I don’t love you okay?”


“I can see that.”

 

He frowned at her. She was making this more difficult, “Then why don’t you leave me alone?”


“You know me well Oppa, & as you know me, I never give up on anything that use to once belong to me & you are one of them.”


“You are making all of this too difficult Jessica, especially to yourself. You are still young so make use of it. Don’t go wasting your life on things that you already know that won’t come back to you. That is a waste of life & time.”


“What do you know what I want Oppa?” Jessica asked, but she knew Yunho knows the answer already.

 

“You want my love back. I know you still love me Jessica, but leave me. I had never loved you before. I thought I did but it was just a child’s love. A sister & brother’s love.”

 

Jessica shook her head, hard, as tears started to come out of her eyes. She quickly wipe them away, “No, Oppa. I won’t let you love that woman. She had ruined our lives. Can’t you see?”


“We never did have a life together.”

 

“We did Oppa, we did.”

 

Yunho didn’t want to listen to her nonsense anymore & walked over to the phone & pressed a number, “Yoona?”


“Yes, Mr. Jung.” She said, through the speaker.


“Is Yuri out there with you?”


“Yes, she is & she has your coffee.”


“Tell her to come in & now.”


“Yes, Mr. Jung.”

 

Yunho turned off to speaker & turned to looked at Jessica, “You are dismiss now.”

 

“We will do it your way then! Just you wait & see!” Jessica shouted, & walk over to the door. Through the little & long window, Jessica could see Yuri walking towards the door with Yunho’s coffee.

 

An evil smile came on, ‘Perfect timing.’ She thought. One of her revenge could be now. She walked back to Yunho & grabbing ahold his grey traveler tailor fit two-button suit collar, she stood on her tiptoe & kisses him hard on the mouth. At that same time, they both heard a breaking cup. Yunho & Jessica turn to look at the door & saw Yuri. Tears were rolling down her face. Without saying anything, she turned away & started running.

 

Yunho glare at Jessica & then ran out after Yuri.

 

Yuri kicked the elevator door & curses at it to hurry up. Her tears were coming down like waterfalls but she didn’t care. How could Yunho do this to her? She hated him. She wants to hate him but she can’t because she...she loves him. Damn god, she loves him! She loves him since...since everyday.


“I hate him. I hate him. Hurry up stupid! Hurry up.” She cried, & kick the elevator door again.

 

“Yuri. Yuri. Wait up.”

 

“Damn it, hurry up!”

 

When the elevator door finally opened, she ran into it & hit the number one button.

 

“Come on. Close.” To her luck, the door started to close just as Yunho ran through the double door. Yunho ran & shouted for Yuri to stop but she didn’t. He was just one foot away from the elevator door when it closed. Yuri let out a sighed in relief. Now, to make it to the first level.

 

When the door closed on Yunho, he kick it hard in the same place Yuri did. The next elevator opened & he ran in then hit the first level button.

 

When the elevator door opened, he ran out & looked around for Yuri. There she was, running & bumping into people. He ran after her & caught her around the wrist. When he spun her around into his chest, she pushed him back & with all her might & strength, she slap him across the face. Now, that got everyone’s attention. Everything was quiet expect for Yuri’s sobbing.

 

Yunho turned to look into her eyes. She had slapped him for the fifth time & this one he deserved most. He knew he hurtled her.


“I hate you!” She hissed, & turned away. She ran out of the building into the sunny sun. Hailing a taxi, she got in.

 

Yunho just stood there, looking at nothing. Everyone else had continue on with their work, afraid that their boss might go crazy. They weren’t confused but knew the answer to the outburst. It was all Jessica’s fault.

 

He hated himself but knew that Yuri hated him even more. Why didn’t Yuri continue with her slapped? He wanted her to slap him again & again, so that he will know how much it hurts to be hurt. He deserves it, “Come on Yunho. It’s useless standing here, looking at nothing.” Said Keunsuk. He had heard the outburst & was worry about Yunho.


He let Keunsuk led him into the elevator & up to his office. Jessica was already gone & he was glad of that. Yunho didn't want to talk to her. Not at all.