Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 15

 

The door opened as Yunho walk in, holding a bouquet of red roses in his hand. He looked at Yuri & then at Siwon & then back to her.

 

“Sorry to interrupt your conversation.” He said roughly, “I didn’t know you would let a guy be alone with you in this room Yuri, let alone your own husband? I’m surprised.”


“Yunho Oppa.”

 

“Thank you Siwon for visiting Yuri. If you are a gentleman, I suggests you will be leaving now.” Yunho said, glaring at Siwon.

 

“A visit with your wife wouldn’t hurt, would it, Yunho?” Siwon asked, getting up from his seat.

 

“It wouldn’t but you could ruin her reputation more quickly than you could have with any other girls, especially when Yuri has a husband already.”

 

Siwon glared back at Yunho. They lock eyes together, challenging each other but Siwon broke it. A little smile tilted at the corner of Yunho’s lips.

 

“Yuri, I will be going now since Yunho is here.” Siwon said.


“Thank you Oppa.” Yuri whispered.

 

Siwon gave Yunho a look before going out. He could have picked a fight with Yunho but he didn’t want to make Yuri worry. Besides, they were in a hospital. God, he wanted to punch Yunho in the face so bad. He doesn’t deserve Yuri. Not a guy like Yunho. Yunho is more of a flirt then himself. True, they are alike but there is something in Siwon that can ruin anyone. He is a very dangerous man.

 

After Siwon left, Yunho glare at Yuri while she glare back at him.

 

Three days ago, Yunho has been struggling with himself to come & see Yuri. Every time he does, Yunho would stop outside her room & hit his head on the wall, deciding if he should go in & see her or not but he never had the guts to face her but today, he finally made it into her room but the sight of her with Siwon made him want to kill Siwon so badly.

 

“How are you doing?” He asked her, breaking the silence.


“Fine.”


“You don’t look fine. You look like a chicken.”


“Well, you look like an ape yourself so don’t judge me or I will judge you worst.”

 

“Don’t talk like that to me Yuri. Now, eat up or I will feed you myself.”


“I don’t need you to feed me.”


“Then I guess you rather have Siwon feed you.”

 

She jerked her head up & glare at him. How dare he say that? She & Siwon have nothing together & she trusts in Siwon not to hurt her like Yunho. His words have hurtled her. She wanted to stay strong & protect herself but this fight with Yunho is making her strength go down. She feel so weak & dead.

 

A tear came sliding down from Yuri’s face. She lowered her head & whisper, “Please leave.”

 

At the different sound of her voice, his face soften. He didn’t mean to make her cry or make her beg him to leave. God, he rather leave right then then make her beg him to leave but first, he has to apologize.

 

“Yuri, I...I’m sorry.” He finally confess, “I’m sorry for what I did. I didn’t mean to yell at you. Well, I...I did but not like that to make you collapses. Anyway, I regretted what I did. I hope you feel better. I will leave now so get some rest & I will see you at home.”

 

Yunho put the roses down on the end of her bed & walked out.

 

It was a few minutes after Yunho left that Yuri rose her head back up. The first thing she saw was the red roses that Yunho bought for her. Yuri cried again, & pull the blanket over so that the roses will fall down. She didn’t want them. They were as useless as he was. He had made her weak. There wasn’t anything left in her that Yunho hasn’t made it any weaker. Her pride that she believed in was gone. How she wish Yunho didn’t come see her. If Yunho sees that she is no longer strong, he will surely laugh at her.

 

She cried even more. Then a pain quickly stabbed at her stomach. She arches forward & cried out in pain. She grabbed the handrail & tried to push the pain away but it was only getting worse. She held the rail tighter with all her strength but couldn’t hold it in any longer so she scream. The door open & a nurse appear in the doorway & yelled something out to the other nurses to get the doctor.

 

Yuri couldn’t bare the pain anymore. The male nurses had to tie her down & rolled her out for another long operation.

 

A few hours later, she started to opened her eyes slowly. The room was brightly lit up & loud. People were talking & arguing at the same time. Then she spotted the back of Sunny.


“Sun.” She whisper.

 

Sunny turned around & her eyes widen.


“Yuri. Oh my god. You are awake.”


“Sun, honey, don’t scare Yuri.” Said Keunsuk.


“Yuri, dear, you are awake! What happened to you?! I knew I shouldn’t have gone home & stay here with you! How could I be so stupid?!” Exclaimed Mrs. Jung, giving Yuri kisses all over her face.

 

The rest of the hours in the hospital were spent asking about what happened to Yuri but all she did was give false answer. Yuri didn’t tell them about Siwon or Yunho coming to visit her at all. She was afraid. Afraid about something that she can’t explain to herself. Anyone of them would hurt Siwon or Yunho if she told them so she decided to keep shut about them.


“Oh. Look, there’s a bouquet of red roses on the ground over there.” Said Sunny, & walked over to pick it up. Yuri looked over at Sunny & held her breath. It was the roses that Yunho had given her. The ones with the thorns that have given her the pained after Yunho left. The ones that she hated as much as the one who has bought it.

 

Sunny opened up the little card on one of the roses & read, “Anonymous.” She look up & said, “It’s just one of those people that brought Yuri roses. No one important.”

 

What? It can’t be. She was sure those were the roses that Yunho gave to her. It couldn’t have fallen from the other piles because the roses that people sent to her were on the other side of the room & the roses that she had drop were on the right side of the room but a little further. The nurses must have shoved it over. It has to be the roses from Yunho.

 

Sunny tossed the roses to the other pile but Yuri kept her eyes on them. When she got home, she is going to look at the roses again.

 

Her birthday & Christmas came & went by. Her family members came by to celebrate it in her hospital room. It was a day full of laughter & jokes. No crying & worrying. Yunho didn’t come to join them but Yuri was happy without him there. It was the first Christmas since she & Yunho have been married & all the next Christmas can be spent without him, too.

 

The next few days later, she was allowed to go home but before that day, Jessica came to visited her. All Jessica did when she entered Yuri’s room was smile at her & said that she hoped Yuri gets better. Then she walked out. Yuri knew what Jessica meant. Jessica wanted Yuri to get worse.

 

Yunho didn’t come pick her up but her family member did. When she enter the house, a cold feeling went down her spine. Never had such a feeling like that came to her when she first enter the house on her first day when meeting Yunho. The feeling was eerie & it brought back her past, living with her father. Yes, she has notice that her father was changing. He helped her get into the wheelchair. He helped her get out of the car. He helped her walked into the house. There were so many things he did that Yuri couldn’t recall. She wondered if he was nice & sweet to her because the Jung might want their money back if she die. Or did he really care about her? Whichever way it was, she was glad that her father was happy. More over, she thinks or knows that he cared for her when she was in the hospital & out of the hospital.

 

When she was in her room with everybody else, they found the roses & flowers from the hospital organize neatly everywhere. She could tell that there were more roses than before. Besides, when Yuri was in the hospital, she had counted every single bouquet. Mrs. Jung had told her to throw all the stuff away but Yuri wanted to keep them. She especially wanted to see the bouquet of roses that Yunho gave to her. It was mixed up with all the others but she would take her time to find it.

 

“Where is that Yunho?! I haven’t seen him for the longest time!” Exclaim Mrs. Jung.

 

Keunsuk look at Yuri. She was looking through the flowers & roses. He didn’t see any expression in her eyes or face. God. He felt sorry for her. He knows that Yunho has been avoiding Yuri but he could be of some help & be there to look after Yuri. She needs help. He can tell with or without any expression on her face.

 

“He probably might be working!” Mock Sunny angrily. She couldn’t help but worried about Yuri. She didn’t deserve this. Yunho didn’t deserve her best friend.

 

Yuri ignored Sunny & glance around her bedroom, “I will be alright now. You all can go home. I must have made you all tried by now.”


“We can rest when we want to Yuri. First, we will see that you are settle down first before we leave. Then after we leave, I’m sure Taeyeon will take good care of you but we should have hired a personal nurse to look over you instead.” Said Mrs. Jung.


“I’m fine, mom. I can take care of myself. I don’t need a nurse running down my temperature every now & then. I just want to rest.” Said Yuri, sitting down on the bed & pull the blanket up her waist but Sunny took over & tucked Yuri in. She gave Sunny a glare to tell her that she is alright but Sunny just ignore her.

 

Three hours later, they all finally agreed to go home & leave Yuri alone so she can rest. After the door closed on her, she let out a sigh. Closing her eyes, Yuri enjoyed the sleep that was coming to her.

 

The next morning, she woke up to find the blinds close tightly, letting no light come in. She didn’t remember pulling it down but Yuri was glad & thankful to whoever pull the blinds down. How she feels much better in her own room then in the hospital, even if the coldness of the house was still around her. Yuri took in a deep breath & then let it out slowly. Roses. Flowers. How she loves that smell. Yuri took in some more deep breaths before going downstairs to meet whoever was there. She hoped Yunho is at work because today is tuesday. Walking down the stairs, she saw Taeyeon.


“Mrs. J...Yuri. Hi. Sorry I didn’t see you come home yesterday. It was my day off. Be careful. Here, I will help you.” Taeyeon said, helping Yuri come downstairs & then help her sit down.

 

“So, how do you feel to be home now?”


“It feels great. The hospital was just too lonely.” Reply Yuri.


“Oh, I almost forgot. What do you want for breakfast?”


“Anything will do.”


“Okay. You stay here & I will go get your breakfast tray for you.”

 

Yuri ate her breakfast & afterwards, she went outside to sit down & enjoy the mountain view on her favorite spot. It has stop snowing & the snow was one foot deep. Later, she decided to make a snowman but stop when she got tired. Yuri barely made the bottom part of the snowman only. She hadn’t had this much fun in weeks. Her face was glowing red & her eyes were sparkling. Her hands & feet were turning cold & numb but she didn’t notice because of the fun outside. Yuri looked up at the sky & saw that it was already dark & the stars were out. It was a lovely view.


“Taeyeon. Can you turn on the heater? I...I’m cold.” Said Yuri excitedly, as she ran into the house. Then she bump into a hard chest. Looking up, she saw Yunho. He was wearing a calvin klein gray slim fit suit with a little smile at the corner of his lips.


“What are you doing home so early?” Yuri asked, instead of apologizing.


Yunho had expected that from Yuri. His wife never changed after what had happened. She was still the same. Yunho was at work all week, letting the world outside of him spin by & not pay one bit of attention to it.