Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 21

 

Yunho woke up in the middle of the night. It was cold & he didn’t have any blankets with him. He have been waking up in the past few hours to see how Yuri was doing but no improvement was made. Her tanned skin was still cold & her hair was still wet from the fall.

 

Looking at the pillow beside Yuri, Yunho decided to get in beside her. She needed a body beside her to get warmer. He got up from the chair & made his way to the other side. He lifted the blanket up & got in. Moving closer to Yuri, Yunho put his arm around her waist, her back facing him.

 

“God, she is colder than I thought.” Yunho said, “I should have thought of this before. Stupid me!”

 

He kissed her forehead & cheek.

 

“Good night Yuri.” He mumbled, & fell asleep.

 

“Come on Yuri, wake up.”

 

Yunho has been waking Yuri up for the past hour. It was one in the afternoon & she hadn’t made a move yet. He wanted to call the doctor but he didn’t want to betray Yuri. She had already lain her trust on him.

 

“Hello.” Yunho answered in frustration, when his cell rang & ran a hand through his hair.

 

“Finally you answered.” Said Keunsuk.

 

“What do you want Keunsuk?” Asked Yunho, running his hand through his hair for the thousand times.

 

“Why aren’t you at work? I have been trying to call you for hours.”


“Its none of your business Keunsuk.”

 

“What’s with the temper today?”

 

“Just tell me what you want or I will hang up.” Yunho didn’t want to tell Keunsuk about Yuri. If he did, Keunsuk will tell Sunny & then Sunny will tell his parents & then his parents will tell Yuri’s dad & god, he didn’t want to be bully by him again.

 

“You have a meeting Yunho. In half an hour.”

 

“Damn!” Yunho curses. He had been so worry about Yuri that he forgotten about the meeting. His eyes were still on her.

 

“So, are you coming or not? This meeting is worth three million dollars.” Said Keunsuk, whistling at the price, “I can’t. I can’t come to the meeting now. You take it over for me.” Yunho said, & ran an angry hand through his hair again.

 

“I can’t. I have a meeting too, at the same time.”


“Damn it!” He saw Yuri move. Jesus, he woke Yuri up with his big mouth but he was glad to see her moving. Yunho turned away.


“Listen!” He shout in a whisper, “Tell Jessica to take it over for me!”


“Are you sure? I mean…”

 

“Yes, I’m sure. She doesn’t have a meeting so tell her to go.”


“Okay, if you.”

 

Yunho has already hung up. Keunsuk was getting on his nerves with all those useless questions.

 

Yunho threw the cell onto the foot of Yuri’s bed & ran to her. He caught her hands in his from twisting. She was having a dream.

 

“Yuri. Shhh, you are going to be alright, I promised. Wake up. You are just having a bad dream.” He whispered into her ear.

 

Yuri opened her eyes & caught Yunho’s. She was shivering & cold. Yunho could see fear in her eyes, ‘She’s scared.’ He thought, ‘Is she scare of me?’

 

“Yuri, you are awake,” Yunho whispered, trying not to scare her.

 

“Oppa?!” Yuri cried. She sat up & hugged him tightly. He hug her back. She wasn’t scare of him after all. He pulled her back. Her beautiful shining eyes full with tears of fear. God, how he hated it when she cries. He wipes her tears away & tried to smile.


“You are alright now.” He said. He wanted to see that smile on her face again, the one that he rarely sees. He wanted to make her smile.

 

Yunho kissed her trembling lips softly. How he missed her lips. She didn’t pull back but let him kiss her. They share a kiss for five long second. When he pull back, Yunho notice that she was trying to catch her breath. He held onto her face.

 

“Sorry.” Yunho whisper, looking into her eyes. He got up & started to walk away but Yuri was still holding onto his hand.

 

“You are leaving me?” She asked, tears coming out of her eyes. She didn’t want him to leave her. She wanted him with her.

 

Yunho’s heart cried out. No, he would never leave her while she was sick. She has no idea how much he wanted to be with her. She didn’t know how much he was worried about her when she didn’t wake up & she didn’t know how much he wanted to kiss her.

 

He sat down on the chair again, & kissed her tears away. He didn’t like to see those tears coming out of her eyes at all. He held her pale face in his hands & look deeply into her eyes.


“Yuri, listen to me. I’m not going to leave you yet. You need to eat so I’m just going downstairs to get you something to eat alright. Now, don’t cry please?” He said.

 

Yuri nodded. Yunho smiled & got up. Before he left, Yunho kissed her again, on the cheeks & assured her he will be back. It was eighty minutes later when Yunho came back with a tray of food, smiling. He set the tray down in front of Yuri’s lap with the handles protecting it. He sat down on the chair & pick up a spoon to scoop up some rice porridge. He held it near Yuri’s mouth but she shook her head.


“Come on Yuri. You need to get well.” He sigh.

 

“You save me.” She said slowly, with a smile.

 

Yunho put the spoon back down in the bowl & looked at Yuri. She was being serious.

 

“I have to, Yuri. I made you fall into that pool.”

 

She didn’t answer for a few seconds.

 

“But you didn’t want, too. You didn’t want to save me but you had, too.”

 

Yunho sighed. Why did Yuri have to make it so hard on him? The point of this is that Yuri is alive & well now.

 

“Come on Yuri. You need to eat.” He said, changing the subject but she didn’t want to drop the subject yet. She wanted to know the truth.

 

“Why did you save me if you didn’t want to?”

 

“Yuri, I save you because I wanted, too. Not just because I have to.” He said truthfully.


“Why are you lying to me Oppa?”

 

“I’m not lying to you. I’m telling you the truth Yuri. Have I ever lie to you before?”

 

Yuri stopped to think for a second. Even if she & Yunho have never gotten along, he had never lie to her before, “No, you haven’t.”


“Then I wasn’t lying to you. Do you believe me now?”

 

She nodded her head.

 

“Good. Now, you have to eat this rice stuff that Taeyeon cooked for you. She told me to tell you that she hope you get well soon.”

 

Yuri smiled. His face lightened up. Finally, he saw that smile.

 

“Tell her I said thanks.”

 

“I sure will.” He said, & lifted the spoon of rice porridge to . She took it & swallows the porridge, “Good?”

 

Yuri nodded her head yes. After a couple more of spoons, she finished the porridge. Yunho took the tray back down & came back up. He tucked her in & kissed her forehead.


“You need to go back to sleep.”


“I need to talk to you Oppa.” She said, after a few moments. Yunho noticed it seems to take her a while before she spoke up.

 

He sat back down, “What is it?”

 

“Thank you for everything.”

 

Yunho smiled. He seem to sense something is wrong with her. She wanted to talk to him about something important but he gave her time.

 

“No one has ever care for me so much like you have for so long. Life for me living with my father was a disaster. He didn’t care about me nor love me. He has always treated me horribly but sometimes, I sense in him love for me. My mom loved me dearly. Sometimes, my father would treat my mom horribly but at times, he loves her so much. She died in a car wreck when I was a little girl. Before my mom die, my father had loved me. It looks like he has two sides in him. One side full of love & the other side full of hatred. I often asked myself if I love my own father but the answer always come out as I don’t know but today, I asked myself again, & my answer is I do love him. I see in him as my loving father, even when he treated me badly.” She had stopped talking & looked at Yunho for an answer.

 

“I’m sorry your life was like that but as I see in your father, he loves you very much. You should have seen him. He almost kill me when he found out you were missing.”

 

“Yes, I saw that. I’m sorry for what my father did. He was out of control.”


“Don’t apologize. He didn’t really do anything wrong.”

 

Yuri was silent for a second, “You are forgiven.”

 

This time, it was Yunho who frowned. He was getting confuses.


“For what?”

 

“Everything.”

 

Yunho was still confused but then, the answer pop into his head. She was forgiving him for what he did that one night.

 

“Thank you.”


“Your welcome.” Yuri said, “Oppa?”


“Yes, Yuri.”


“Aren’t you supposed to be at work?”

 

“No, I wanted to look after you so now go to sleep.”

 

She nodded her head & closed her eyes. Yunho looked at her beautiful pale face. He was glad that she was alright. What would he do without her? He bent over & kissed her lips lightly. Her eyes opened widely, surprised at Yunho.

 

He wanted her to respond to his kiss before he goes out & she did. Yuri slowly closed her eyes & parted her lips, inviting Yunho passageway into . He put his hands between her on the pillow while she brought up her hands & wrapped it around his neck, wanting more.

 

Yunho pulled back & smiled. He wanted more but he didn’t want to tired Yuri out, too.


“Sweet dreams.” He whispered, & stood up straight. Yuri opened her eyes to watched Yunho walk away, with a smile on her own face.