Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 40

 

“You look beautiful.” Yunho said into Yuri’s ear.


“Thank you. You look handsome yourself.” She said, & kissed his cheeks.

 

“Ready to rock & roll?”


“You mean to the ceo selective of the year?”


“Yes, that.” He said, with a ear to ear smile.


“I know you will win for sure. You are the smartest guy ever.” She said sweetly.


“Thank you.” He took her hand & kissed her knuckles, “We better go before we are too late. Mr. Han wants to announce the ceo selective of the year early tonight. He said it was better that way for some reasoned.”

 

Yuri frowned, “How come I didn’t know about that? I’m your secretary.”

 

Yunho shrugged, “I didn’t know about it until yesterday.”

 

Yuri moaned, “Yunho Oppa. This dress is killing me. It’s a little too tight.”

 

Yunho touched her stomach, “Maybe you should go back up & change into some more comfortable clothes. It will be better.”


“Are you sure? I don’t want to waste your time. Besides, I want to lovely for you.”


“It’s okay, baby. Go change while I wait here.” He kissed her cheeks, “Don’t rush.”

 

Yuri nodded. She walked back up the stairs slowly, holding onto the rail. It took her a little longer than she had thought to find a comfortable pant & shirt. The sweat pant wouldn’t work because it will only give her lines & all her jeans were too tight on her. The sleeveless colorblock mixed media maternity top she had were a little too unfit for such a nice occasion. Finally, Yuri found a strapless paisley-printed smocked maxi maternity dress that fitted her perfectly. She changed her black metallic levine dress sandal heels into a pair of black-white coach freeshia sneaker that didn’t show because of the long dress. Yuri checked herself out in the mirror.


“Not bad.” Yuri commented her reflection. She walked back downstairs & found Yunho exactly where she had left him. He rose one brow when he saw her. She definitely looked cute. He walked up some steps to help her down.

 

“You look cute.”


“I do? It looks like I’m going to work in a garden.” She said, lifting her dress so he could see the pair of sneakers.

 

Yunho chuckled, “You are such a fashion queen.”


“Thank you.” She said, lifting up a bright smile with straight teeth, “But I don’t look fashionable enough to go to the party with you. Everyone might think that I’m your servant.”


“Of course not. You are my secretary & best of all, you are my wife.” He said, with a proud voice. As soon as Yunho said that, he regretted it. He was doing it again. Making her falling for him even more. Why does he keep doing that? Did he want to hurt her more than he already did? He did tried to stay away from her for the last few weeks after he had heard the three words from her but he wasn’t doing so. He kept using his sweet charm on her.

 

He had wanted to talk to her about the marriage that was getting more & more serious to her everyday but he kept pulling it off. It was more difficult to talk to her when he had already figured out that she loves him. All he wanted to tell her is that he wanted the marriage to go on without any love but she was a woman who only goes into a marriage with love & not wealth. He was going to hurt her if he doesn’t keep his mouth shut, “Oppa.” Yuri said, breaking his hurtful thoughts.

 

“Yes?”


“We got to get going now or we will be late for sure. I had already taken enough time. Come on.” She took his hand & walked out of the house.

 

While in the car, Yunho was trying to focus on the driving rather than the woman sitting next to him but he failed half of the times.

 

“Yuri.” He said, breaking the silence.


“Hmmm.” She said, not looking at him but at the dark rain outside.


“When will you come back & live with me again?” He asked.

 

She looked at him in the dark car, “When I have released all of my stress or when the bab...baby is born.” She had almost given out the surprises to him.

 

Yunho had forgotten about that. She had already known the truth of Jessica’s fake pregnancy that she had claimed to be his but about her stress, she hadn’t gotten it out yet. There was too much stuff to worry about & to forget.

 

She looked questionably at him. He had suddenly gone quiet after asking that question, “Why did you asked me Oppa?”

 

He looked at her & turned back to his driving, “Its nothing.” He didn’t know why he was asking her that question either. It just popped into his head. He didn’t want her to move back into his house yet. He still has some questions to ask himself what he should do about Yuri’s love.

 

She wanted to know why he was asking her that question but brushed it off. He looked like he was having a hard time concentrating on the road with the rain falling down hard now.

 

They reached their destination & got out of the car with Yunho’s black chaps brushed wool blend car coat covering them. Somehow, both of them were laughing again, like nothing had happened. They enter the building just in time as the announcer was about to announce the ceo selective of the year. Both stopped. Yuri looked at Yunho, hoping that he will win. He smiled in a professionally way.

 

“& the winner of this year ceo is Jung Yunho.” The crowd clapped with some whistling added to it. They looked around for Yunho & spotted him at the entrance before the long stairs. He smiled & began to walk down the stairs with Yuri in his arms, “Folks. He is once again, the ceo selective this year. Give it up people. He deserves more hands.”

 

Halfway down the long staircase, Yuri felted a kick in her stomach. She moaned & began crunching down, holding her stomach. Yunho looked at her & panic. He held her tightly & sat down with her on the stairs, “Yuri. Oh, god. It is the baby?” He asked, holding onto her face.

 

She nodded, holding onto Yunho’s shoulders tightly. People began to gather around them & started to get scared, too. Mr & Mrs. Jung, Keunsuk & Sunny broke through the crowd. They kneeled down next to Yuri & Yunho.

 

“The hospital! Yuri needs to go to the hospital!” Yunho said in a high-pitched voice.

 

Yuri shook her head, tightening her hold on Yunho’s shoulder. He didn’t felt anything but the pain that Yuri was getting, “No, it’s just...just an alarm.”


“Mom?” Yunho asked, looking up at Mrs. Jung.

 

“Yuri’s three months away. The baby can’t be coming now.” Mrs. Jung brushed a strand of hair away from Yuri’s sweaty face, “But I think she needs to go to the hospital. The kick maybe too hard from the baby.”

 

“No. I can’t now.” Yuri murmured.


“But sweetie…”


“I’m fine. I can go through this.” She assured Yunho, with a smile through her pain. It will just go away for a while. Like always.

 

Yunho sighed, “Alright.” He turned to Mr. Jung, “Dad, Yuri needs to rest. Will you help me?”


“Of course, son.” Mr. Jung helped Yunho walk Yuri down the stairs & settled her down on a soft, comfortable chair. Yuri leaned her head against the chair & took in some deep breaths.


“Go Oppa. You need to get up on the podium. I knew you had win. Congratulations.” Yuri whispered, & closed her eyes.

 

Yunho kissed her cheeks, “Are you sure you will be okay?”

 

Yuri nodded her head, “I’m fine. Go on.”

 

Yunho looked unsure but kissed her knuckles & slowly walked away. He walked onto the podium & made his speech but all the time, he was looking over at where Yuri was resting. He didn’t hear a word of what he was saying. His only attention was on her face. She looked so pale & sick that made his heart ache. He was horrified to leave her side but Sunny was looking over her carefully. He wasn’t so sure that she was alright. She looked like it didn’t matter to her at all & that worried him. Had she been having those problems lately? It all seemed like she was hiding something from him. He remembered that one time his great-aunt was having a baby. She didn’t looked like she was having the same pain as Yuri. In fact, her pains were less horrifying than Yuri’s.

 

“Yuri.”

 

She opened her eyes & saw Yunho, “Hey. That was such a lovely speech you made about me. Thank you. I didn’t know I was that stubborn.” She let out a little chuckle to assure him completely that she was alright.

 

“I was talking about you?” He asked, unbelievable.

 

Yuri nodded her head. He looked so innocent. Just like a cute little boy that has been lost without his mommy, “You were. It was very sweet.”

 

He smiled then like a little boy, “Tell me. What did I say?” Yunho sat down on the handle of the chair. He put his arm around her & leaned her head against his hip.


“Well.” Yuri started, with a low voice, “You said that I was a lovely & gentle wife that cares so much about you. You wanted to kiss me every night but I won’t let you. That was a lie from you, Oppa. I always let you kiss me.” He saw her pink pouting lips & almost had the urge to kiss it.


“Of course, you always let me kiss you. I lie.” He said gently & softly, “I’m sorry.”

 

She let out a small smile, “It’s alright.” She placed her hands on his thigh & played with his adolfo slim-fit flat-front gray suit pants, “You said that you will live with me forever & take care of me but one bad thing you said was that, you hated me the first time you saw me.”


“I didn’t know you then.” He said, “I remembered that day.”

 

“I know. Me, too. You were really mean & purposely hugged me so tight I couldn’t almost breathe when we were taking pictures. You were such a bully.” She pinched his thigh. He groaned.

 

“You deserve that.” Yuri said, with a giggle.

 

“I know.” Yunho said slowly & plainly. He got up & took her hands.


“What are you doing?”


“I feel like getting some fresh air. Want to join me? It will be good for you after that pain.”

 

Yuri frowned, “I would love to but it’s raining out there. Very hard, too.”


“We will be on the balcony. There’s a roof on top of it. We won’t get wet. I promise.” He said thoughtfully. Yuri nodded, “Okay then.” He pulled her up slowly. She tucked her hand onto his arm & he led her up onto another staircase. They got to the top safely without Yuri getting into another alarm. Walking to the open balcony, Yunho looked down & saw Siwon. He was leaning against a post & looking at them, without a little blink. His dark eyes were glaring into Yunho’s but smirked after seeing his face solidify. Siwon raised his champagne glass & made an ugly truce with his thin lips but without any words.

 

Yunho turned away from him. He had forgotten that Siwon was going to be here, too. The more he sees him, the more he will stay by Yuri’s side. There was no way he was going to let Siwon near his wife & there was no way he was going anywhere else without her. She belong with him, even if his heart was telling him to stay away from her & not to hurt her.

 

He leaned against the rail after he was sure Yuri was doing alright. He took off his coat & put it around her, “Thank you, but are you not cold?”


“No.” Yunho took in a deep breath. He let it out & looked up into the dark, rainy sky, “It’s a lovely breeze.” “Yes, it is. Did you not really know what you were saying during your speech?” Yuri asked, laughing.

 

“No, but why are you laughing? What did I really say up there? Did I embarrass myself?” He put his arm around her & leaned her on his side.

 

“You were comparing both of us when we were little. I told you not to tell anyone about that one time when I fell into the toilet.” Yunho started to laugh. Yuri pouted, “I was small then Oppa.”


“I know, but you would have sounded so cute whining to your mommy. I could just picture you.” He chuckled, “Humph. Wait until I tell everyone how you cried when your parents were taking away your crib. You cried for one whole month. Come on, there’s no monster under the bed Oppa.” Yuri said, with a ‘Got you back’ tone.

 

“I know, but one of my friends’ back then was trying to scare me. I got him back by putting red food dye on his bed. He wouldn’t sleep in his bed for years. You know how kids are.”

 

Yuri laughed, “Yeah, but I don’t know how you manage to say all of those up there without laughing or even noticing what you were saying.”


“I can’t wait to be a father, Yuri.” Yunho whispered. He touched her stomach & pressed a kiss onto her chin. She looked deeply into his eyes.

 

“Kiss me, Oppa.” She said, with pleading lips.


“If you want me to, I will.” Yunho slowly brought his mouth to hers & brushed his against hers lightly. He slowly continued the cycle with passion & the way that she wanted it. His arms went around her rounded waist while hers went around his neck. They blocked out the world that surrounded them & focused only on the important kiss. Yuri moaned within Yunho’s covered mouth. She thought he was going to continue the kiss when he brought up his hand to her chin but he pulled away. She groaned at the lost. Somehow, her wanting him had grown.

 

“Your pain. How long had that been going on?” He asked her, while keeping his hold on her delicate chin.

 

She tried to turn her face away but he kept his strong but stable hold on her chin, “How long, Yuri?”

 

“Months ago. Maybe three or five.” She whispered, afraid that he would yell at her.

 

Yunho sighed & hugged her, “Why didn’t you tell me?”


“I didn’t think it was that bad. Besides, I can keep the pain.” She said, almost in tears.


“It’s important for me to know it. I’m the father of the baby so I want to know everything.” He pulled her back to look into her eyes again, “Promise me that if it happens again, you will tell me, Yuri. I care.”

 

She nodded her head, “I promise.” She said, & started to laugh like a silly mommy, “I was silly, wasn’t I? Keeping all those stuff to myself.”

 

“Yes, you were.” He pinched her nose lightly.

 

Suddenly, Yuri’s eyes opened widely in shocked & surprised, “He’s kicking.” She grabbed his hand & placed it on her belly, “Do you feel him?”

 

Yunho smiled from ear to ear, “I do. He’s a strong little Jung.” He rubbed her belly softly. The kicking decreased & came to a stop, “I think he knows his daddy already.”

 

She laughed & brought up his hand to kiss it, “I think he does, too.” He laughed along with her & kissed her again, with the depth of his soul.

 

Siwon stared at them with anger that was built with jealousy. They looked fit together but that doesn’t mean that they will stay together. His jealousy was part of Jung winning the ceo selective of the year & him having Yuri all to himself. Yunho had been getting any girl he wanted since he had known him. The only girl he got was the secondary girl. He dislike them. They were as useless as Jung was.

 

He took another sip of his drink & shoved it onto the nearby table. He was drunk. Drunk of looking at the couple. Drunk at living in such a place as people called hell. The only thing he wanted was Yuri but it seems as though he wouldn’t be getting her. Yunho was going to fight for her. He fought for everything that he wanted & he was going to get her like he does at everything.

 

He had to give her up, even if his heart was with her. She doesn’t love him like she loves Yunho. She was terrified of him & he knew he wasn’t going to get her with that feeling from her. Life was useless for him. He might as well give up but he didn’t feel like it.


He smiled, “There’s always a chance.”