Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 20

 

Days have past since the day of the incident. Yuri was staying home like she used too, since she have gotten married to Yunho & Yunho was at work as usual.

 

He was beginning to sense that Jessica was avoiding him lately. Thank god for that. Maybe she had gotten herself another lover to cover up her loans but as rich as whoever that bastard was, he knows Jessica isn’t going to give Yuri up to him yet. Jessica was a smart girl, full of revenge. That’s what guys like about girls. They wanted them to feel jealous of the girl whom he is dating with after their breakup but that wasn’t like Yunho. He hated woman when they fight over him. It just get on his nerves. He had had that happened many time in his life before but this one was going to be more interesting since he knows that Yuri doesn’t care about fighting over guys. He knew many things about her that she doesn’t know that he know of. She doesn’t fight for anything unless someone gets her angry or when she knows it’s worth it. That’s what he likes in a girl. Jessica is just the opposite of Yuri.

 

He had sense that Jessica was up to something. Whenever he walked into her office, she would try to cover up her computer screen but he wasn’t that dumb! Jessica was definitely up with something hideous.


“Damn her!” He curse. Then his mind jotted back to Yuri. God. How he love her kisses. The most luxurious lips he had ever kissed. Her lips & beautiful shiny eyes. He is so attracted to them. There was something in her eyes that made him want every bit of her. Something that made him so unsatisfied. How he wish he could be with her right now & touch her amazing face.


“God, Yunho! What are you thinking about?! Look at yourself! She already made your life a living hell!” He curses again.

 

Is he falling for her? He had promised himself not to. God knows what he would do if he fell for her. He had to stay away from her. He just have to but there was one thing he has to get it clear with Yuri. He has to make her forgive him. She just has, too. If she won’t then he will never give up, no matter what.

 

Yunho picked up the phone & asked Yoona to come in.


“Yes, Mr. Jung?” Yoona asked, walking in. She places a pile of paper in front of Yunho. He groaned. He didn’t feel like working at all today.

 

“Come on, damn it!”

 

Jessica slammed her fist onto her desk & moan. God. She had been searching through Yuri’s personal files for days & all she could find about her is crap!


“!”

 

It was getting on her nerves. She just had to find something about Yuri but damn her stupid files! She was good at stealing & searching through people’s personal files but this Yuri didn’t seem to have any secret about her.

 

“Hell with me! I knew I should have retire.” Jessica laughed & started to cry. No, she wasn’t going to let this Yuri steal her Yunho. She had always get anything she wish for & this one is what she wanted most. She wanted Yuri out.

 

Picking up her phone, she punch in the numbers angrily.

 

“Hello.” Leeteuk said, on the other line. Leeteuk has been working for Jessica ever since she became a model. He is a file spy for Jessica. A spy that hunts for the girls that dates her latest boyfriend. She always ruined them. He wasn’t just a spy but a lover of Jessica’s. She knows he would never betray her because he wanted her as much as any guys wanted her. Never had he fail any mission given from Jessica. He was the best spy she had ever hired.

 

“Have you found out anything about her yet?”


“No.” He replied patiently.


“Then you better hurry up Leeteuk Oppa because you know I don’t like waiting!” She hissed.


“Calm down. I will get to her as fast as I could & how about you? Found anything about her yet?”

 

“No, just stupid stuff! God, this is harder than I thought it will be.”


“Yeah. Oh, wait. I found something.”


“Well, read it to me!” Jessica complain.


“Shut up Sica!” He said, & continue reading to himself.

 

She sighed impatiently & played around with the core. Leeteuk could always win over her.


“Okay, I got it.” Leeteuk said, after a few seconds later.


“Well?”


“There’s nothing about her that you already know of. It says it right here on my screen.”


“What?”


“Yeah, that’s right. Nothing about her.”


“Impossible! There must be something bad about her! She might have been married once or had an abortion!” She yelled into the phone.


“Damn it!” Murmur Leeteuk, holding the phone away from his ear or else his eardrums will surely burst. He hated it when she yelled.

 

“Damn it! You are fire Oppa!” She yelled, but he had already hung up, “Oppa! Leeteuk Oppa!”

 

Angrily, Jessica slammed the phone down.


“Think, Jessica, think. You know you are smart.”

 

Maybe she could just use herself instead of finding stupid files! Girls could always seduce guys, right? Besides, she had done that thousand of times with different guys.


“That’s it.”

 

Jessica stood up & checked herself in the mirror. Nothing was wrong but dried tears. She decided to put a touch of makeup on & walk out. Knocking on Yunho’s office door, Jessica put on a perfect smile.

 

“Come in!” Yunho shouted.

 

Jessica entered Yunho’s office, ready to make her move.

 

Yuri stared at the bouquet of roses in the man’s hand. This was the third day this week that someone has been sending her roses.

 

She nodded to him, took the roses & closed the door. She walked up the stairs, smelling them. Yuri opened the door & walk over to the other bouquet. She kisses one of the roses before she putting it away with the rest & looked at them for a long time. Who could have sent the roses to her? Siwon? No, it couldn’t be him. If he had, he would have added a card along with it.

 

Then a name popped into her head. Yunho? No, it couldn’t be him. He wanted to stay away from her as much as she does him. She shook her head, trying to get rid of Yunho but it didn’t work.

 

Yuri walked over to the roses that she had received in the hospital long ago. She had hid it on the top of her big bookcase with books hiding it. All the rest of the flowers she had threw away, except the roses. She was very sure that it was from Yunho. It has to be. She remembered the roses Yunho gave to her. The one Sunny had read to her saying anonymous.

 

She couldn’t afford it if Yunho found them. She remembered the night when Yunho came into her room unnoticed.

 

Yuri smile as a tear rolled down her eyes. She quickly wipe it away. She surely has no idea why tears are coming out from within her eyes. She places the book back in place to hide the roses & look at her michael kors chronograph mini bradshaw white & rose gold-tone stainless steel bracelet watch. It was seven-fifty. She was eighty minutes late for dinner.


“Damn! I lost track of time.” Yuri murmured, under her breath. She ran downstairs & into the dining room. She came to a stop abruptly when she saw Yunho. He was smiling his best smile, showing his perfect straight, white teeth.

 

“You are late.” He said.

 

“I know that!” She snapped.

 

Oh, man. He didn’t just come home to fight with her. He came home because he wanted to apologize again, “Sit down Yuri.” Yunho said nicely.

 

She obeyed & sat down across from him.

 

“How was your day?” He asked, making Yuri frowned at him. Then he quickly added, “At home.”

 

He knew he shouldn’t have asked her that question, especially he shouldn’t have added those last words. Of course she was supposed to be at home & be bored but he was referring to the roses he sent to her. He hoped she enjoyed them because he had selected them himself & because of that, he was proud.


“The usual. Why?”


“Nothing. I just wanted to asked.”


“& why did you wanted to asked?”


“Because.”


“Because what?”

 

Yunho smiled at Yuri’s smartness. She was being cute with him again, & he liked that. He can see that Yuri was trying to hide her smile but he caught it first.

 

“Just eat your dinner Yuri.” Yunho chuckle cutely.

 

“I will eat my dinner if you stopped staring at me first.”


“I wasn’t staring at you Yuri.”


“Yes, you were.”


“I...fine, you win, this time.” He said in defeat.


“I always do.”


“Don’t count on it Yul.”


“We will see.”


“In no time.” He finished her sentence.

 

They both smile at each other & look into each other’s eyes, challenging. Yuri’s eyes weren’t giving up & was challenging his even more while Yunho’s eyes were full of humorous & taunting. Then he winked. Yuri blushed & started to eat her dinner in silence. Yunho laughed silently to himself. He won.

 

Later after dinner, Yunho went up to the library. He was trying to concentrate on the next project that he was assigning to Yoona but no matter what Yunho did, he couldn’t concentrate. His mind was on Yuri again. He thought of the time that he had kissed her. She had trembled while she was in his arm. How he wish she would just share a kiss with him & not push him back. He still wasn’t satisfied about that. He wanted her badly. He wanted to taste her sweet lips again, & not make her tremble in his arms but kiss him back as passionate as he had done with her. God, help him. He couldn’t stop thinking about her. He wanted her.

 

‘I wonder where is she?’ He thought. Looking out of the window answered his question. There she was, standing near the pool. Her heather grey disney mickey dolman sleeve sleepshirt made her look like a bright angel from the heavens above. She was thinking, he can tell & was she talking to herself? It seems like she was cursing but what was she thinking & cursing about? Winter wasn’t over yet. Just a few more weeks then it’s gone. It’s been freezing cold out there & there she is, wearing just a sleepshirt. She must be cold.


“Yuri, you idiot! What are you doing out there? It’s freezing.”

 

Questions popped into his mind. The longer he waited, the more impatient he got with it. Finally, he couldn’t wait any longer. He wanted to be with her. He had to get to her before she catched a cold.

 

“Damn! Why did I challenge him again?! & the worse is that I lost again! God forbid me!” She curses, kicking the cement with her bare heel. She didn’t feel the pain at all. Her feet & body were freezing up but she didn’t care a bit. She wanted to be out there. She needed to get away for a while.

 

After eating dinner, Yuri had felt like she needed some cold, nice air. It should be good for her body.

 

“You are beautiful tonight.” She whispered, to the night sky.


“Not as beautiful as you.” Said a voice.

 

Yuri turned around & screamed. She was on the edge of the pool & slip. Not knowing what to grab onto, she didn’t attempt grab anything at all. Yunho caught her around the waist & tried to pull Yuri back with him but fail. He too, slipped on the spot Yuri had slipped on. Yuri closed her eyes while trying to get to the surface. She let out a big breath when she reached the top while Yunho came out later. His face turned serious.

 

“Are you alright?” He asked.

 

Yuri shook her head, hard. Of course she wasn’t alright. It was stupid of him to ask her that question! Her face was so pale. Her lips were trembling. He was scare. How stupid of him to do that! He should have known better. Now, it was his entire fault. His arms tighten around her waist. He was scare to let her go.


“Come on. I’m going to get you out. Hold onto me tightly.”

 

Yunho felt Yuri’s arms around his neck tighten a bit. His heart rose a bit. Thank god she trusted him. Now, they can get out with Yuri’s trust in him.

 

He swim to the pool’s edge with all his strength, carrying her with him.


“You are going to be alright. Trust me.” He whisper gently into her ear. She just closed her eyes & hugs him closer to her cold, shivering body.

 

He carried her out of the pool & into the house with her in his strong arms & her head leaning on his chest. He kissed her forehead to make it warmer. Even though his lips were cold, Yuri could feels it warmth. She buried her face into his chest to tell him she felt his kiss. He smiled. She was going to be alright after all.

 

As soon as he got into the living room, Yunho called out for Taeyeon.


“Turn up the heater!” He yelled, but when he saw the concern look on Taeyeon’s oval-shaped face, he added softly, “She fell into the pool.”


“I will help.”

“No.” He said, & looked down at Yuri. It was his fault, “I will take care of her myself. You just turn up the heater & go to bed.”

 

Unsure, Taeyeon nodded & walked away quickly.

 

Yunho, wasting no time, ran up the stairs & into her room. He lay her on the bed & took out her dry pajamas. He quickly took off her sleepshirt with cold hands. When he was done, Yunho just stared at her body with only her undergarments on. No, he mustn’t waste his time looking at her body. He must get her warm first. Doing his best not to stare at her body while taking off & putting on her undergarments, he finally was done. He pulled the blanket over her & place a warm towel on her forehead. Holding onto her hands & staring at her for three minutes, Yunho decided to go get change & call the doctor. When he turned around to go, his hands were held on tightly by Yuri’s. He came back & sat down on the chair. Yuri didn’t want him to leave her.

 

“Yuri. You are alright now. Don’t worry, I will come back. I just need to go change out of my wet clothes & then call the doctor.” He whispered lovingly into her ear, but still, Yuri didn’t let go. Yunho assure her again, & kissed her hands this time. He knew she didn’t want to see any doctor.


“Okay. I won’t call the doctor but I need to go change. Trust me Yuri.”

 

She was asleep, yet she heard him. He felt her grip around his hand loosen as he pull his hands back before Yuri could change her mind.

 

“I will be back.” He whispered, kiss her sharp, pointed nose & walked out of the door. Yunho didn’t dare take a shower. He wanted to be with Yuri now & assure her that she’s going to be alright. Quickly, he change into his gray short sleeve pajama set & was beside Yuri in a second.

 

He sat down on the chair beside her bed & held onto her hands.


“Please get well Yuri. Please.”