Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 30

 

As Yunho looked through the crowd, he spotted Yuri since it wasn’t hard to find her. She always stand out among anyone even with the beautiful pale face. He looked at her & a silly grin spread across his face. She touched her face as his mom said something & laughed, ‘So, mom’s trying to cheer her up, too?’ He thought, ‘God, she looks so beautiful.’ As fast as he thought about her, his whole attention came back to the figure standing at the door frame. Damn, more trouble could come on more than one day but he knew that it wasn’t time to waste. If Yuri knew that that person was here on her dad’s funeral, she will call for herself. This was harder than he thought it had be.

 

He let out a huge sigh & took one last look at his wife’s pale face. He hope his mom would give Yuri some more company so he could go & talk to that person. Taking his courage to looked away from Yuri’s face, Yunho excused himself & walked towards the huge door. When he reach the laughing figure, he grab its arm & drag it out of the church. It took him a minute to decide where they could have the talk. When he reached a van, Yunho pulled the person along with him to the side. He didn’t stop for a second to waste time.

 

“What are you doing here?!” He exclaim, as he threw his hands up into the air.

 

A smile spread on her pretty reddish pink lips as she tried to smooth out her ponte knit pencil black skirt with one hand. When she couldn’t do that, she snatched back her other arm from Yunho’s grip & neatly comb her skirt again.

 

More anger ran through him. He ran a hand through his hair & grabbed her arm again.

 

“I said, what are you doing here, Jessica?”

 

Her eyes widen at his voice. She try to snatch her arm back but couldn’t.

 

“Let go of me, Yunho Oppa!” She hissed, through gritted teeth.

 

“You answer me first.”

 

“Not until you let go of me.”

 

His grip on her tightened. That wasn’t the only time she had yell at him in that temper but this one, he most hated it. He didn’t want her to interfere with him & Yuri. Yes, he had tried to make Yuri mad sometimes by being with Jessica but now, he wanted her out of their lives. No one & he means, on one interfere with him & Yuri.

 

Again, Yuri’s face flashed through his mind. He released Jessica & turned his back to her. His face was red with anger & from the person name Jessica. He squeezed his eyes shut. Other than Yuri, he wasn’t sure if he could stop from tightening his grip on Jessica.

 

Trying his best not to yell at her, he took in a deep breath, “What are you doing here?”


“I haven’t seen you for almost two days & finally, I read the papers & saw the horrible news.” Jessica said, with a harsh emotion. She stepped up next to Yunho & place a hand on his arm. She looked at half of his down face.

 

“Glad to hear you read the papers again.”

 

Yunho rose his head sideways to smile bitterly at Jessica. He knew that wasn’t the reason she came. Why would she care about Yuri or her dad when she doesn’t even care enough for him? She came here to destroy their relationship.

 

“Spit it out, Jessica. We all know you don’t have any emotion.”

 

She cross her hands over her chest, “Maybe I don’t & maybe I have something to say.”


“Keep your mouth shut. I don’t want to hear anything you say. Just remember to stay out of mine & Yuri’s life.”

 

He turned to go but with one warning sound from her laugh stop him in his tracks. He turned half his head to the side.

 

“I heard. Congratulations.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Let’s just say.” She walked up to his back & place a hand on his shoulder. He didn’t budge “That Yuri’s having a little brat!”

 

That got to him. He swung around & captured both of her arms. He pinned her to the van & stare angrily at her.

 

“Who told you dammit?!” He asked, as his grip tightened.

 

“Don’t you think I have eyes?”

 

“Stay out of our lives or I swear I will.”


“You will what, Oppa? Kill me? Ha, you can’t even slap a woman.”


“Shut up, Jessica! Don’t say that I didn’t warned you.”


“You are warning me? Oh, you warn me alright Oppa. I heard you clearly. Just wait until I tell you…”

 

“I told you to keep your mouth shut!” He hissed, “Don’t let me see you near my wife or our unborn baby & if I wasn’t such a man, I would have sue you for looking into my wife’s personal profile.”

 

She stiffened as if he had slapped her, “How...How did you know?”

 

“Don’t you think that I have eyes, too? You have been acting weird & I had a lawyer search you out for me. Don’t you think I’m just a little too smart for you?”


“I can sue you, too. For looking into my profile.”


“I’m not so sure about that Jessica. That was my lawyer, not my former spy unlike you.”

 

“You…”

 

“Park Jeongsu, the described handsome young man whom you hired for years to search after your boyfriends & their ex-girlfriends. Not only that but he was also your lover. How could I be so stupid back then to think that you were so right for me?! All those years while we have been dating, you have been cheating on me with him. Of course, I know that you would cheat on me but not like that with your former spy. You fired him after he was no use to you, right? Right? So, do you want to confess now that you have been caught?”

 

“Damn you, Jung Yunho!”


“Right. If you don’t want me to sue you, you better keep away.”

 

He jerked her away & took a big step backwards & turn to leave. Before he could walk away, she grabbed onto his arm.


“Where are you going?”

 

“To protect my wife & unborn baby. Don’t let me see your face again.”

 

With that, he walk away. With every step he took, that is what every strength he wanted to protect Yuri & their unborn baby.

 

Jessica rubbed her arms & angrily straightened out her clothes. She looked at her image on in the car & walk away. Her black kitten-heel pumps wasn’t the best. She had to walk back to her white BMW. That seemed far for her. As she was trying to get her keys out of her blue dooney & bourke pebble zip top satchel purse, a figure stop at the passenger side door. She looked up quickly & was surprises to see someone she didn’t expect to see.

 

“Mrs. Jung.” Jessica whispered, as if scared.

 

The thirty year old woman stare deadly at her. She flinched. Her glare was more powerful than her son’s. By god, the woman looked like she wanted to kill her.


“Hello. How are you?”

 

Mrs. Jung walked up to Jessica & slap her across the face unexpectedly. Jessica quickly swung her face back to look at Mrs. Jung. Her face was burning with questions.


“Mrs. Jung…”


“Stay away from my son, his wife & the unborn baby. If you mess with them, I will kill you by myself if my son can’t do it.” Mrs. Jung’s voice quiver but yet, it was strong.

 

Something about what Mrs. Jung had said made Jessica realize that she had heard all or part of Yunho & her conversation. This was all just wrong but a good chance for her.

 

“Yes, I have never liked you. Really, I have never liked all of Yunho’s girlfriends. All you girls want was money, not my son but his money. Oh, I’m very smart. My son got it from me. So, don’t think that you could get my son. He is, by the way, already taken by my sweet daughter-in-law.”

 

“But Mrs. Jung.”

 

“Don’t use those tears on me. I know all about you girls. Not a real tear can come out of your stubborn eyes...” “But Mrs. Jung.” Jessica manage to cut her off, “I’m pregnant with your son’s baby, too.”

 

Mrs. Jung’s lips froze as she was about to teach Jessica a lesson. Her son. No, she wouldn’t believe he would ever do that. Yunho & Yuri have been married for about almost five months & during those months, if Jessica was pregnant, her stomach would be showing by now but her stomach is just plain flat. Unless…

 

“No. This...This can’t be. My son...My son would never do this.” Mrs. Jung’s lips quiver. She brought up a hand to touch her lips. When she was listening, not eavesdropping, to her son & Jessica’s conversation, there was no talk about Jessica being pregnant. The only one that she was happy & surprises about was Yuri being pregnant. She couldn’t believe it but could. She had always love to be a grandmother but not a grandmother to this woman’s baby in front of her but as a nice woman, she would love Jessica’s baby if needed. As she thought it over, her head shot up to look at Jessica’s lovely face again, “No. All you want is money. You want to ruin my son & daughter-in-law’s life. You planned this. You liar. You aren’t pregnant with my son’s baby. You are pregnant with lies.”


“Why won’t you believe me? If you want proof, here.”

 

Jessica looked into her purse again, & took out a sheet of paper. She gently handed it to Mrs. Jung. Mrs. Jung took it & read the contents. Her head started to shake as she read the rest of the paper. After she was done reading it, she dropped the paper onto the ground. It is true. Jessica is pregnant. She’s two months pregnant, “Do you see? I’m pregnant with your son’s baby. Not only is Yuri but me, too.” Jessica said, with a little pretend cry in her voice.


Mrs. Jung kept shaking her head. The strong woman’s tear fell down. She quickly wiped it away. Without any word left to said to Jessica, she started to walk away slowly. Her son has given up her hopes. She wanted her only daughter-in-law to give her the babies, not some woman whom she hates so much. How will she ever face public if everyone knows about this? & by god. Yuri.