Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 31

 

Her mid-back length, light brown hair flew in her face as she smiled. She did again.

 

“Oops.” Jessica said, as she bent down gently to pick up the paper Mrs. Jung had drop. She smooth the dirt off & put it in her purse. She patted her flat stomach, “You are going to be alright there, sweetie. Just hang on. Your grandma can be such a burden sometimes but I’m sure you can handle that just like me. Don’t cry in there. Your stepmother isn’t going to destroy our lives. Come on. Let’s go to the doctor.”

 

Sighing happily into the scented air, Jessica got into her car. With a smooth turn around, she drove off.

 

Yunho walk frustrated into the church & spotted Yuri. He swear he will do anything to protect her from Jessica’s wickedness. The unborn baby inside of her wasn’t at all safe. He knows Jessica is up to something but can’t quite catch it. If she hurts Yuri & the unborn baby, he will have nothing left. Somehow, he just have to get rid of Jessica. Maybe firing her from the job may help but he wasn’t complete sure about it. If he fires her, she will get more revenge. She has a wicked self that can kill anyone that comes in her way. She just can’t get enough of him. How did he ever fall in love with her? Maybe it was the way that she had hid a little bit of her immorality but no, he didn’t really call it love. It was just a brother & sister love & the best part of it is that Jessica doesn’t love him like she told him she did.

 

There is only one person in the world that he looks up too, & cares about. Yuri. She has completely change his life. She brought something into him that he had never known before. It was like he had been reborn again. He felt new. He felt everything that has never been given to him before. It was the way she acted & the way she gives. God knows how much she had influenced him in the best way. She was something new to him, not just five months ago.

 

“Yunho Oppa.”

 

Averting his head to the side, he saw his beautiful wife.


“Hey, Yuri.”


“Mom & I have been looking for you. Where have you been?”

 

“I have been out to take a nice walk.” He said. He didn’t call that a lie. It was true, except that he was with Jessica.


“Oh. Mom went looking for you outside. Didn’t you see her?”


“No.” Yunho looked at his white gummy puma watch. It was time.


“Where’s Jae? It’s time for the burial.”


“He went out already. He told me to come look for you. Come on, let’s go.” Said Yuri, & pull Yunho along with her.

 

They got outside & walk to the place where Mr. Kwon would be bury at. As the ceremony went on, Yunho delve the huge crowd for his mom. He hasn’t seen her after talking to Jessica at all. His mom can be mysterious anytime she can. He looked down at the silent Yuri. Tears fell down her cheeks as Jae continued on with his words. He held onto her shoulders, assuring her that everything is alright. He looked up & saw his mom in time as she stood near his dad. He sighed in relief.

 

After the ceremony was over, he walked over to his mom in Yuri’s arm. As he approach her, he knew that something was wrong. Mrs. Jung’s face was pale & faint tear-stained cover her face. He placed his free hand on his mom’s shoulder, making her turned around.


“Mom, what’s wrong? Are you alright?”

 

Even though her son has failed her, she still haven’t given up on him yet. He’s the only son that she got & loves him with all her heart. She knows him & knows that he didn’t sleep with Jessica, not when he is married to Yuri but still, she was worry. If Jessica was really having a baby, who could the father be? Not Jaejoong, she hope.

 

The unborn baby inside of her daughter-in-law wasn’t to be mention now. If she mention it, everything will be ruin. She just has to wait until they both revealed the secret known to her.


“Nothing, Jaejoong. Mr. Kwon was a kind man. I have known him for a long time now but it’s okay.”

 

“Are you sure, mom?”

 

Mrs. Jung nodded her head, “Let’s go back to the hotel & pack up our stuff. We will be leaving today.” “Okay.” Yunho turned to Yuri, “Are you ready?”


“I am.”

 

He gave her a smile & hugged her unexpectedly. She let out a sad smile behind his back. No one knows how much she loves this man. He is her world.

 

“Come on. You look very tired. We need to get you back home. The baby needs to rest, too.”


“You are worry about her?”


“Of course, I’m worry & who says it is a her?”


“Me.”

 

“I want a baby boy.”

 

“I want a girl.”


“If you want a girl then I will spoil her.”


“You won’t dare.” She said, & looked up at him.


“I would.”

 

“Oppa.”

 

He laughed, “I’m just joking, hon.”

 

She pinched his arm playfully, “Don’t do that anymore.”

 

“Come on. Do you want me to be a boring husband?”


“I want you to be you.” She said seriously.


“I will do anything you want.”


“Make me some pancake when we get home.” She said quickly, & smile up at him.

 

“You still want some pancake?”

 

She nodded her head.


“I will try my best to make some. Maybe the chef can help?”


“No, the chef can’t help you.”


“Then I will cook some nasty pancake for you.” Before Yuri could protests, he pulled her along with him & got out of the church. Yuri laughed at him. She has no idea why he was in such a hurry but he was.

 

‘Dear my lovely daughter.

 

Hello, sweetie. I’m so sorry I left without telling you anything. I love you very much. You may think that my life has come to an early end but it is time for me to go. I have had many heart attacks but it was nothing to worry about. I couldn’t tell you. It will just make your life more miserable. I know I have treated you badly when you were growing up after your mother’s death. I love her dearly. I know I have never told you about me & your mother’s love life but like you & Yunho, we were force to get marry. We never did have a love life until recently, we just started to fall for each other.

 

She loves me & I love her. I truly hated myself for being such a stubborn & stupid man! I should have known that she loved me during those all years we spent together but I treated her badly. I went out & got drunk & bring different woman home every night. She hated me but yet, still loves me. Life with her was amazing. We spent happy & bad times together. I did stop doing those bad things that your mother hated so much. I cease bringing home woman. I stop drinking & gambling.

 

Your mother & I had a miracle. You brought us closer. You were the reason that brought up our love even more. Your mother was surprises at how I love you & care for you. I was a rough man to get along with but she had no problem with that. She controlled me. I didn’t control her. I loved being a husband for her. Everything I will do for her is out of me. She was a wonderful woman just like you Yuri. You two look alike & love alike. Both of you were the women of my life but one night, I killed her. It was my fault. You see, I got back to my usual way of gambling & bringing women home drunk. Something had gotten over me that one night. I was more drunk than usual. I came home with two women in my arms that night. Your mother was up waiting for me. I was drunk but I could still remember that she looked so tired & beautiful. She tried to stop me from bring in those two women. She hit me but I felt nothing. She was weak. One of the women begged me to stop her & I did. I started hitting her. I was demented. Something got over me. It was like I was killing her. Finally, I recovered from hitting her. I started hitting myself. I wanted to kill myself. I got mad. I started yelling at your mother. She was covered in blood & cuts. Her tears were all over her. I told her to get up & she did. Pushing her into your room, I started yelling at her again. You woke up & started to cry. She tried to shush you because she knew that I will start hitting you if you didn’t. After a while, I ran out of the room & went downstairs. The two women had already left. I got more mad & started slamming stuff around. The servants that have seen everything ran away. They knew better than to interfered with me. It took me a whole hour to settle down. All the lights were off. I heard your mother coming down the stairs but I didn’t move. I guess she got you to sleep again. She quietly slipped out of the door & that was the end of it. You knew what happened. I had no idea where she was going but I knew she would never run away from me. She loved me. All that she wanted was for me to love her back.

 

That’s the story of your mother & I. I force you into marrying Yunho because I thought you could find love there too, & you did. You found everything you needed. He will love you back. Make him love you just like your mother had made me fall in love with her. It isn’t late for you sweetie, like it was late for your mother & I. Don’t cry over me. Live your life. It will be a burden for you & Yunho if you keep crying all the time. Don’t let me see those sad tears from above alright? Don’t cry. You got his baby & by now, you should tell him about the unborn baby. If you have, that’s a miracle for him. I love you, sweetie. Always remember that. Tell my grandson that I love him. I’m voting for a son, you know? & from now on, you will have your self-respect back. If you don’t understand, wait until Mr. Lee reads you the will. Goodbye, sweetheart. I love you & remember that your mother & I will always watch from above.

 

Love always,

 

Daddy’

 

Yuri folded the letter & wipe her tears away. She miss him already, her beloved daddy. She was so glad that her dad had left a letter behind for her to read about him & her mom’s love life. It was breath-taking. Her dad didn’t kill her mom at all. She just had a car accident. There was nobody to blame. All was over. It had happened in the past. Now was the present & her parents were gone forever from her life but one thing is sure from her dad, they will be watching her from above. She was glad of that.

 

Yuri straightened up & put on a smile. The will was to be read from her daddy’s lawyer, Mr. Lee. He had given her the letter to read it privately. Yunho was waiting inside the library for her. She took in a deep breath & opened the door to her room. She walked a short distance to the library & opened the door to see a pacing Yunho & a patient Mr. Lee.

 

As soon as Yunho heard the door opening, he walk up to Yuri. He studied her & then gave her a tight hug, “Oppa. I can’t breathe.” She manage to let out.

 

He released her & held her by the shoulders, “Sorry, sweetie. You took so long reading that letter your father wrote to you & I got worry.”


“I’m alright Oppa. Looks like Mr. Lee is waiting for us. We don’t want him to die waiting for us, do we?”

 

“I guess not.”

 

Yunho took her hands & walk over to the old, white-haired man. He was tall but looks like bones.

 

They settled down on the sofa together with Mr. Lee sitting in front of them. He placed the bundle of papers on the coffee table & took out a paper on top of it. He put on his glasses & got out a paper from the stack & started to read.

 

“Your father, Mr. Kwon Hyunwoo had left this will in my care before he passed away. We all know that to make him proud is to do what he likes. You were his only daughter & it was to known that you have no relative left or near you. The house will be left in your care. All the money in Mr. Kwon’s bank will be yours, too. There is a total of fifteen millions dollars in the bank. With the house & money combine together, it totals the money to eighteen millions dollars. This mean that everything is left & own in your care now. You may do whatever you want with them.”

 

Taking out a paper, Mr. Lee put it on the table in front of them, “Please sign this paper that you have heard the will.”

 

Yunho bent over & glanced at it. He looked it over & then took the pen out of the penholder. He signed his name on it & handed the pen to Yuri. She double-check everything & then sign it.


“& about the marriage of Mr & Mrs. Jung Yunho.” He continue, & put away the contract just sign by Yunho & Yuri, “Jung Yuri may have back her pride & self-respect. This legally means that Jung Yuri can do anything she wants & anytime she wants. No excuses can be make even from Jung Yunho, her husband. If she wants a divorce, give it to her & if Jung Yunho tries to stop her, all the money & the Jung Inc. will fall into her hands. Do you clearly understand me?”


“I heard you clearly, Mr. Lee, but what does this mean & how could this be?! How could Yuri have her pride & self-respect back when she was given to me by her own father?!” Yunho asked, with a hiss. This was all wrong. He has no idea what was going on here.

 

Yuri give his hand a little squeeze to be patient. She is, by the way, in the same boat with him, too.

 

Mr. Lee continued with the paper, “Before both of you got married, Mr. Jung Seungheon & Mr. Kwon Hyunwoo had signed an agreement. This agreement says that after Mr. Kwon Hyunwoo have die, Jung Yunho will give anything that Jung Yuri wants & own. Even if she owns everything that belongs to Jung Yunho, she would get the Jung Inc. & its money if he stops her from doing anything she wants. This…”


“What?! Why would my dad sign that agreement?!” Yunho shouted.


“Please calm down, Mr. Jung? I don’t know. If there’s any questions about this, you can only ask your father. Here’s a copy of the contract.” He took out a piece of paper from the stack & handed it to Yunho.

 

Yunho snatched it out of Mr. Lee’s hand & started to read the contract. Yuri sat beside him & watched his expression. His anger rose & his hands tightened on the paper.


“Damn!” He hissed, & slammed the paper onto the table. He stood up & started to pace the floor again.

 

Yuri slowly reached out for the contract & read it herself. There was no expression on her face but it turned pale. So, this was what her father meant? She put the paper back on the table & stood up. Walking over to Yunho, she place a small hand on his shoulder.


“Oppa. Please calm down? Don’t worry about it. I’m not leaving you.” She said, trying to smooth him, “Damn! Yuri, I don’t understand it. Why would my father sign that contract?”


“Why? Don’t you want me to have my self-respect back? Why are you like this Oppa?”


“I do Yuri, but...I’m not going to sign it.”


“Sorry Mr. Jung, but you have already sign it.”


“What?” He spinned around to face him.


“You sign the contract that you have heard the will already. I have it right here.” He held up the paper & point to it, “It’s too late to turn back.”


“We signed the paper before you told us about that contract.”


“I know. That was the plan from your father & Mr. Kwon.”


“That’s not right.”


“You read the paper & you signed it. It says that you have heard the whole will before signing it. Those men were smart. They made me do that.”

 

“Damn!”


“Oppa, calm down. Tell me why you are so mad? I don’t get you. It’s just a contract.”


“It’s not just a contract, Yuri. It means that I will have to give you your freedom back & I can’t do that.”

 

She froze in her tracked. His words hurtled her but most of all, she doesn’t get him. Why does he not want her to have her own self-respect? Was he hiding something from her?


“Do what you like Oppa. I don’t care but I know you are hiding something from me.” She said, biting her tears back. She turned to go but he caught her wrist. She swung her hand away & back away from him. He’s mad, “Stay away from me Oppa. That’s my wish. If you don’t, I will...I will.”

 

She couldn’t continue. This was too much for her. He was different today, unlike any other days. He could do what he likes but now that she have had her pride back, she could win over him. He can’t stop her but she can stop him.


“Don’t Oppa. Don’t try to stop me. You know I can do anything now. Everything is possible for me.”


She took a step back & turned around when she knows Yunho can’t stop her. Her pride was back. Kwon Yuri is back from being Jung Yuri.