Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 34

 

Yuri looked at the small cafe Jessica had called her to go to. She hated leaving Yunho at home but Jessica had said it was a matter of importance. Yesterday, after Yuri had half-carried Yunho up to his room, he had collapses completely on the bed. He scared her half to death. She called the doctor & after Dr. Wang had left, she sat by Yunho’s bedside the whole night. How she love the man. He was her life & watching him sleep while he was sick made her even more angrier at herself. She’s his wife & while doing that job, she was supposed to take care of him but the problems that they keep having, extended her job.

 

Wondering if Yunho was for her right now, Yuri entered the small cafe. She looked around & easily spotted Jessica. In a small cafe like this, Jessica surely stood out. She was looking down onto something that she was reading. Her beautiful black, scoopneck, back detail maxi dress made her eyes stand out more. Yuri smiled sadly. A little jealously was stirring up inside of her. Yuri wore a plain black seamless rib tank top & a light brown cami, easy tie front pants. How can anyone see her beauty? How can Yunho?

 

Yuri shook the questions out of her head & walked slowly over to where Jessica sat. Jessica looked up & smile pleasantly.

 

“Hello, Yuri. Why don’t you sit down & we will talk?” Jessica said, extending her hand to the seat in front of her.

 

“Thank you.” Yuri murmured.

 

She silently sat down while Jessica stare at her flat stomach. Yuri noticed.

 

“Yunho Oppa told me that you are pregnant.” Jessica said, with a sad smile. She wished to be this woman in front of her so much.

 

Yuri blushed. Yunho told this woman? She wanted it to be a surprised to everyone but he broke her promise. Who else had he told?


“Yes. I’m three months pregnant.”


“Congratulations.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

They were silent for a moment until Yuri spoke up again, “So, you said you want to talk to me about something important?”


“Oh. Sorry. I will.”

 

Jessica had promised Yunho that she won’t tell anybody about the incident but her revenge has to be fulfilled. She promised that she would leave Yuri alone but not until she takes her full revenge. It wasn’t just right to take off with something you wanted all your life. She had learned that a long time ago & now, she’s going to put revenge on that something that she didn’t get.

 

“What is it? Are you in trouble?” Yuri asked worriedly. No matter how much she wanted Jessica out of Yunho & her life, she was worry about her. Jessica was hesitating. Models don’t do those kind of stuff expect when they are in deep trouble, “What is it, Jessica? Maybe I can help you.”

 

Jessica suddenly stared deadly into Yuri’s eyes, “There’s nothing you can do that you won’t give up!” She hissed. Yuri was taken aback. One moment, Jessica seemed so sad. Then another moment, she seemed so hasty.

 

“Oh.” Was all that Yuri said.

 

Jessica glanced out into the busy sidewalk. People were walking around, not caring if they bump into each other. The street was just a little too crowded.

 

“I was pregnant with Oppa’s baby.” Jessica said suddenly.

 

Yuri turned her face away from the scene & stare palely at the side of Jessica’s face.

 

Jessica continued on before there was anymore reaction from Yuri. She was still looking out of the window.

 

“I told him yesterday at work. I was surely surprised with his actions. He was outrage. He told me that he didn’t want the baby even though he knew it was his. I don’t know what got into Oppa. He loves babies but it seems like he didn’t want me to borne his. He hates me.”

 

Jessica turn her face from the window to Yuri. She stared at the horror held in Yuri’s face. Yuri was shock & maybe mad at Yunho but she knew she has to continue on with her plan & avoid Yuri’s face.

 

Jessica looked away once again, & looked out of the window, “I’m truly sorry, Yuri. Oppa...He...We were drunk one night & didn’t used any protection. I begged him to take the baby but he wouldn’t. I even begged him to take the baby & I will leave him alone but he rejected that, too. He just wanted one thing. He...He wanted me to aborted the baby.” Her voice was now so low & tears started to come out of her pretty eyes.

 

Yuri didn’t want to listened to it anymore. She wanted to get out of there. Jessica’s words were killing her. Yunho wouldn’t do such things as to tell Jessica to get an abortion, would he?

 

Yuri started to grab her indigo dakine clementine 10l purse but was stop by Jessica.


“He paid me. He paid me to get the abortion & for me to leave you & him alone & I did it. I got the abortion yesterday. I didn’t want to but for him, I will & I’m…”


“I’m sorry. I...I have to go now.” Yuri interrupted Jessica. She picked up her purse & ran out of the small cafe. Jessica watched as Yuri drove away. She bit her lower reddish pink lips. Her job was done. It was time for her to get on with her new life.

 

Yuri parked her car & got out. The rain had started falling already. Her tears were falling as much as it was. She couldn’t believe it. Yunho got Jessica pregnant & forced her to have the abortion. It wasn’t like him at all but somehow, she believed Jessica. Yuri was so mad at him. She was mad at him for making Jessica pregnant but more of it was because he forced Jessica to get an abortion. He’s mad. She couldn’t believe he would do such a thing but all was done now & can’t be change. Jessica’s baby was dead. No wonder she was hissing at her. Jessica was blaming part of it on Yuri. She had stolen her life & living in it like a princess but no, she won’t be anymore or ever was.

 

Yuri stopped before the stairs & looked up. She didn’t want to go up there if he was there. She turned around & saw Taeyeon.

 

“Taeyeon. Is Yunho Oppa still up there?” She asked, & quickly wipe her tears along with the rain away before Taeyeon can see it.

 

“No, Yuri. He left for work & declared that he was feeling well.” Taeyeon said, & stare at Yuri’s damp clothes.


“Good.” Yuri said stubbornly, & ran up the stairs. Right now, she didn’t care if Yunho was still sick or not. She walked into her room & slammed the door shut, “It had give me more time to pack up.”

 

“Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!” Yunho hissed, as he ran into the house. He hit his forehead. This morning, his headache was gone & now, with the rain, it had come back. He looked at his olive metal field watch. Five o’clock sharp. He came home rather than going out all night.

 

The house was darker than usual. To be more exact, it sort of gave him the chill now. He ignored it & ran up the stair. Right now, what he really need was a hot bath. Yunho flung open the door & stopped when he saw a straight figure sitting on the end of his bed. Without turning on the light, he could tell that it was Yuri. He flip on the light switch & still didn’t take a step forward until he had studied her.

 

To Yunho’s surprises, Yuri wasn’t wearing her nightgown but fully clothed. Was she still afraid that he had her again? Lord, he had already promised himself that he wouldn’t touch her again, without her permission but what surprised him the most was that she was in his room. He studied her face. She was paler. Her expression looked distracted & angry.


“Yuri? What’s wrong?” He asked, & stepped forward.

 

She shook her head, “You can stop right there.” He stopped eight feet away from her but wasn’t about to stop asking what was wrong.

 

“It is the baby? Are you throwing up again?” He asked worriedly.

 

She looked up at him. He loves their baby but does he love her? “It’s not about our baby, Oppa. It’s about the baby you made Jessica killed. Why? Why did you do that to her baby? I could have left & you could have married her but why killed the baby? It hasn’t even seen the world yet.” She cried.


“What are you talking about, Yuri?”

 

“You know what I’m talking about. Why are you acting like that?” She got up & wiped a tear away, “You were the father of Jessica’s baby & you knew that. You told her to get an abortion. I hate you. Why did you do that? Tell me?”


“Jessica? She told you this?” He asked, not believing it.

 

“Yes. How much did you pay her?”


“Wait a minute, Yuri. Jessica’s lying to you. She wasn’t pregnant.” He said, & took a step towards her.

 

“She was until you made her get the abortion.”

 

“No, Yuri. She lied. Jessica followed you & stole a pregnancy paper of yours from the hospital. She wasn’t pregnant. My mom was there, too. Jessica wanted to destroy our lives so she lied that she was pregnant with my baby. Please believe me?”

 

He placed a hand under her chin & lifted her face up to meet his. Yuri avoided his eyes & shook her head away from his hand.

 

“I don’t believe you Oppa, & I’m not sorry. You lied to me too many times & I’m not going to believe this one.” She said, & took in a deep breath, “I’m leaving.”


“No! You are not leaving me at all until we get this straightened out!” He shouted. God, he wouldn’t know what position he would be in if she leaves him.


“Yes, I am. According to the contract paper that my dad & your dad signed.” She said, with her chin up, “Damn! Damn, that contract, Yuri! You told me & promised me that there won’t be a divorce between you & me anymore. You never take your words back Yuri, & I don’t believe you will now.” He said, through gritted teeth & praying.


“True Oppa, but I’m not asking for a divorce.” She whispered.

 

He stared at her, angry & waiting.


“What are you saying?” He asked.

 

She took in another deep breath, “I’m leaving you until the baby is born. That will leave only six months. Until than, we will stay away from each other. You won’t be seeing me. I won’t be seeing you.”

 

“That’s impossible. Only six months? That looks like six years to me.”

 

“It’s the only way Oppa.” She said, & brushed a tear away. He doesn’t know how much she didn’t want to part from him as he did her.

 

“No.”

 

“What do you mean no?” She asked.

 

“No, I’m not letting you go without a fight.”

 

She let out a bitter laugh that neither she nor him had ever heard, “You can’t fight me Oppa. I can take everything from you as quickly as a snap of my finger.”


“You are not taking anything from me, Yuri.” He said, & faced her again, trying to make her look into his eyes, “Not anything, especially our baby.”


“I told you Oppa.” She turned away from him, “That it will only be until the baby is born. He will grow to know his unfaithful daddy.”

 

He fought the anger down. The word unfaithful had left like a breeze. True, he used to be unfaithful but not after he fell for her. He won’t be that kind of father to their child. He didn’t sleep with anyone during their marriage & he didn’t even date anyone.

 

He grabbed her arm & flung her around to face him, “& I told you Yuri, I didn’t sleep with anyone during our marriage. I was faithful to you & will be. You can’t blame something on me that I didn’t do.”

 

She angrily pulled her arm away, “Then prove it Oppa.”


“I will.” He whispered, “If only you look into my eyes.”

 

Yuri shivered. She tried to look up but her head wouldn’t budge. Was she scared that if she looked up & stared deeply into his eyes & saw the answer, she would believe him? Was she scare of the answer or him?

 

At last, Yuri turned away. She did tried but was afraid that he might be right. All she wanted to do now is get out of his room & to a place where she could breathe easier.


“What’s wrong, Yuri? Are you afraid that you might find the truth in my eyes? You do want the truth, don’t you?” He asked huskily.

 

She brushed his charms away & focused on reality. He was right that she didn’t want to believe him. She shook her head.

 

“Then why won’t you look at me?” He asked.

 

She forced herself to say, “Because I know you are trying to push me into that charm of yours & you are trying to convince me to stay with you so you could hurt me some more.”

 

Yunho stepped back & threw his hands into the air, “Damn it, Yuri! I’m not trying to hurt you.”

 

“You are now Oppa. You had hurt me with lies & sweet words that always made me believe you. I bet you used those sweet words to your mistresses. You sleep with more than one woman per night, don’t you?”

 

“Why are you changing the subject, Yuri? It’s us we are talking about. Not other women.”

 

She ignored him, “Jessica told me that you both were drunk that night. How...How much did you pay her?” “Pay her?”

 

“You paid Jessica to get the abortion & to leave me & you alone. How much did you pay her?” Yuri asked again.


“I told you, Yuri. She wasn’t pregnant. You are the one who’s pregnant with my baby. Remember that night.” Yunho said, but stopped when he heard what he was saying.

 

She remembered that night quite well. She will never forget it. That night brought them their unborn baby. She forgave him that night but she couldn’t forget him for saying that at this time, “I’m leaving Oppa, whether you like it or not.”

 

Yuri quickly walked to the door before he could stop her. She opened the door but a hand shut it closed again. She turned with frustration to meet Yunho’s mad glaze.


“You can’t leave me, Yuri.” He whispered, against her cheek.

 

She remained where she was. She won’t let this man stop her, “You can’t stop me Oppa.”

 

He stopped what he was doing & looked down into her eyes, “Why won’t you believe me?”

 

“Then why won’t you let me go?” She asked him.

 

His reaction was the way she had imagined. Yunho flinched. He turned away & faced his back to her.

 

They both swallowed hard & at the same time. She opened the door & a little breeze came in. She took a step forward & then stop.


“If you have any questions, your dad can answer them for you. I know he can help you. The baby will be alright with me. I will take good care of him. Goodbye Oppa.” She said, waiting if he would say anything. When he didn’t make a move, she whispered, “I will miss you.” & will herself to walk out of his life for six months if he can manage.