Life goes on

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

Sorry i have taken so long to update, i dont have a good enough excuse so i wont make one. I have not given up on my stories i will finish them.


I gather all the thing I needed for school and made my way to the kitchen. Kyungsoo was finishing the food when I walked in .

“Good morning sleepyhead. The guys will be here in a bit, also You got a call from your mom, she need you to call her back she said its urgent” Kyungsoo was cleaning the dishes that got dirty and didn’t even turn around to look at me.

“Okay thanks. Don’t forget that LH has a parent-teacher meeting today at 2. Also, I’m going grocery shopping as soon as I get out of school so message me the thing you need in the kitchen.” I took a set at the table and started serving myself. I was just about to start eating when I heard the other guys running to the kitchen.

“Morning Hwayoung” was all they said as they started stuffing their mouth with food. Kris took a sit next to me and handed me a new phone. “Don’t give anyone this number and only use it to contact anyone of us or super junior. I added Yongnam to the contact list but only call him with this phone if the conversation is a real emergency. Don’t stop using your other phone, skeleton did have it wiretapped and we don’t want him to know he isn’t at the advantage anymore. Yongnam also has a new phone and I already told him everything he needs to know.”

“Thanks oppa.” I took the phone from Kris and finished eating as fast as I could. I took my dirty dishes to the sink and grabbed my bag from the side of my chair. “I’m going to school early, I need to turn in the assignment I missed and I don’t need a ride so sit down sehun.”

The guys just waved goodbye and continue eating. I put my shoes on and was leaning on the wall when Kris grabbed my arm. “Something wrong oppa?”

“Ani, I just don’t think you should go back to school yet. Skeleton has been way to quiet and that means he’s up to something, you don’t need another trip to the hospital.”
I couldn’t help but smile a bit so I hugged Kris to assure him I’ll be fine. “Oppa I missed a week of school already, I don’t want my attendance to prevent me from graduating this year. I understand that you’re worried and I really appreciate that you care about my safety but I can’t hide in this house forever.”

“Why not? Sehun has been bringing your homework from school and Suho has been tutoring you. You can be homeschooled. Tao and I have upgraded your security system so no one can enter this house undetected anymore. This is the safest place for you, skeleton won’t be able to hurt you here. And you won’t be staying here forever, just until skeleton is caught.”

Just as I was about to say something luhan suddenly appeared and poked Kris on his arm and winked at me. “Kris, you seriously think keeping her here is the best thing for her? You know what happens to a person when they’re kept in a cage for too long.”

“This isn’t a cage”

“Maybe not now but it’ll eventually feel like a cage to hwayoung. Kris let our birdy fly before she is forced to fight. Now hwayoung remember to call or text one of the leaders if you’re going anywhere, don’t turn the hospital into your hotel. Sehun is done eating he’s just getting his thigs so wait for him, and please don’t let him drive.”
Sehun came running with his shoe in his hands. “IM READY FOR HELL” His uniform was all wrinkled and his hair was all over the place. “Relax sehun its just school.” Luhan tried his best to make the uniform look ironed but he gave up and just fixed sehun’s hair instead. “Hyung, school is hell. Let’s go hwayoung or you’ll be on time for school”. “Wanna drive?” I held the keys to Sehun and he eagerly took them and started running to the car. “PUT YOUR SHOES ON YOU IDIOT. Dammit hwayoung I said don’t let him drive.” I blew a kiss to luhan and closed the door before he could yell at me. Sehun was tying his shoelaces when I opened the passenger door.
The radio was playing a song from Big Bang, sehun was singing along while I just looked out the window. Eventually I started thinking about everything that has happened so far. It’s been two week since the fire at the orphanage. I bought a house near the burn down orphanage and ahjumma and the kids stayed there. Thankfully everyone could stay together and ahjumma didn’t lose her job. EXO and Super Junior helped me send them new clothing and toys for the kids and they even hired new workers to help ahjumma around the orphanage. Yongnam visited me every day at the hospital and called every night before he went to sleep.
When I got out of the hospital Mrs.Bang was waiting for me at my house. From her I found out that Yongnam and Yongguk haven’t spoken to each other since Yongguk asked for the divorce. I tried to talk to Yongnam about that but he refused to listen to me so I dropped the subject and decided to just not mention it again. “Noona, just need to give you a head up. The whole school knows that you and Yongguk broke up. Hyuna and other girls tried to take him on a date but he refused every love confession. So now everyone thinks you broke up with him or that he broke up with you because you broke his heart. Expect a few glares and trash talking from the female population of the school. Your schedule hasn’t changed and last I checked there were a few love letters sent to your locker, by a few I mean I had to clean out your locker because it was full, I think there were a few hate letters as well. Other than that, nothing has changed, school is still boring as hell.”

Sehun parked the car and ran to my side to open the door for me. “Thanks, sehun. And thanks for the heads up I appreciate it. Now go with your friends before they start asking questions and I’ll see you at lunch.” I fixed a strand of sehuns hair and walked to the school’s entrance. As soon as I opened the front doors I saw a few girls whispering to each other while looking at me. Other girls were glaring and mumbling to themselves. I made it to the administration office without anyone interrupting me and without seeing anyone I wanted to avoid. I turned in the doctor’s excuse and went to see my teachers to turn in all the assignments I was given. When I was finally done, I walked to my locker to gather the books I needed for today. Just as I had closed my locker the bell ranged. I took a deep breath and started walking to my first class.

 

Sehun was right, school is hell. Almost every girl I passed by made a rude comment about me or tried to trip me, luckily I have a great balance. I could handle the iness of the girl but I couldn’t handle the guys. I honestly don’t know how Hyuna and her hyenas can stand so much ‘admiration’ and ‘love’ from the guys at this school, then again, they do like the attention they get from the guys. The class started with a simple assignment, free time (I’m so using free time to take a nap). “Hwayoung, you okay?”

I looked over to see Yongnam and tried to give him my best smile. “I’m just tired, school has all the energy out of me. Don’t look so worried I’ll be fine.” It didn’t look like Yongnam believed me but he didn’t say anything else. Our music teacher hasn’t arrived yet so everyone was talking really loud and I decided to lay my head on the desk and take a short nap. Not even a minute had gone by when the whole class stopped talking, thinking that the teacher walked in I sat up straight. But of course, it wasn’t the teacher, it was BAP. Everyone in class was looking from Yongguk to me, I guess they expect a scene or something. “Why do I feel like I’m in a melodrama?” I looked at Yongnam and he just shrugged. “Maybe it’s because your life has been a roller-coaster ride, and your love life isn’t any better”. BAP took their seats behind me while the whole class continue to stare. I was about to continue my short nap when the teacher walked in. “Well look who finally decided to join us, The hero Ryu Hwayoung. I’m glad to see fully recovered”.

Hero? Me? My look of confusion must have been extreme because mr.xxx just laughed while he walked to his desk. “Oh, don’t tell me you don’t know what I’m talking about. I heard from the news that you ran into a burning building to save some kids trapped inside. That makes you a hero”
Is that why I been getting love letters from the guys? “I have been reading book while I was resting so I didn’t even know the incident was on the news”. Yongnam  chuckled while I look like a deer on headlights. “Well now you know. Today I have nothing planned so it’s a free day, just don’t get to loud and put the electronics away when an administrator passes by. Look busy guys”.

Everyone just went back to whatever they were doing ad they finally stopped looking at me and Yongguk. I took my phone out and texted Yongnam. I don’t want others to listen to my conversations.

                Why didn’t you tell me about the news that I was a hero?

                Well I thought it would be better if you found out yourself ^^

                Rudeass. Anyways how are things in your place, cuz your mom called and asked me to beat some manners into you. What did you do????

                Ignore her, she is blowing things out of proportion

                What did saint Yongnam do?? Tell me or I’ll call her and ask myself

                Or you could just ask my brother…

Well that caught me off-guard. I looked at him and just glared at him but of course all he did was blow me a kiss and a wink. Then I felt a kick on my desk.

                Fine I’ll ask him

“wait what?” I smiled innocently at Yongnam before I turned around and faced Yongguk. Again, everyone in the class quiet down and look at both of us.

“Hey Yongguk” we haven’t talked since the night he asked for the divorce and it felt weird, I just wanted to give him a hug and a kiss. Yongguk was surprised by the attention I was giving him and by the smile on my face. “uh, hey?” His voice sounded off, almost like he had a hangover. He had dark circles and looked thinner than I remembered him, has he not been eating well?

“What trouble has Yongnam gotten himself into.”

“I- I don’t know?” The way Yongguk was looking at me made me get butterflies and a bit nervous. Why is he looking at me the same way he looked at me on our weeding day?

“Your mom called me and asked me to beat some manners into Yongnam but I can’t do that unless I know what he did.”

Yongguk was still looking at me with those loving eyes when the classroom door opened. I looked away and took a deep breath. At the door was the principle and behind him were my father’s bodyguards. We all stood up and greeted the principle. “You may all sit down. Ryu Hwayoung and Moon Joungup please gather all your things. You two have an early dismissal, the young man in charge will explain why.”
Joungup and I looked at each other, he looked just as taken back as me. We gather our things and followed the bodyguards to a car waiting for us outside.

“wait. I’m not getting in the car until I know what’s going on.”  

One of the body guards, I suppose the one in charge, look at me and with an emotionless face and approached me.

“Have either one of you received a call from the Ryu household.”

“I have, but I couldn’t answer because I was in class. My mom also called me. I tried calling back but the line was busy.”

“My mother called but I wasn’t the one who answered, she did leave a message saying that It was important but I haven’t had time to call her back… I suppose you’re going to tell us what’s going on in my parents’ house.”

The bodyguards all looked away from me and the boss held my shoulders. “Miss Ryu, you need to be strong…... Your father is dying.”

The floor felt like it was swaying under me. My relationship with my dad has never been good, but I never imagined a day without him. Joungup held my hand and we got inside the car, neither one of us made a noise. I took my phone out and texted EXO and Yongnam to let them know what was happening.

“Joungup, - “

“It’s okay cousin, I’m wont leave you alone”

But you already have. “Thank you” (Dad please hold on, you cant leave hyoyoung, she needs you)