I Promise

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

Blue letter are thoughts ^^ and red Is English 


I wait patiently for the phone to ring. One more month and I will be able to go back to Korea, to my sister. I still remember the day my father told me to pack my things because I will be studying in another country. Just thinking about that day brings tears to my eyes, I quickly wipe my eyes before someone thinks I’m crying. stop acting like a baby Hwayoung you can’t let your guard down yet. Remember they’re still out there waiting for you to break down so they can take you out of the face of this earth. I hope Hyoyoung is safe, wait, what am I saying? of course she is safe. They promised to protect her, she’s safe I know It. 


Flashback:

"Umma, Appa can Hwayoung and I go to the park to play before dinner please?". I can hear Hyoyoung talking to my parents in the living room, I’m sure she’s doing aegyo so appa can say yes. "Aww my lovely daughter is so cute. Yes, you and Hwayoung can go to the park but only If you give appa a kiss". "YAH Umma is right here too you know, but yes you and your sister can go. Would It be okay If I join you?". "yes umma you can go with us, that way you can buy us Ice cream. HWAYOUNG WE'RE GOING TO THE PARK AND UMMA IS BUYING ICE CREAM!!!" Ugh why is she so loud? she acts like she’s 4 not 6. >.<

I run down the stairs when I finish brushing my hair. “Hwayoung" I stop when I hear appa. "yes appa?"
"you better take care of your sister. If ANYTHING happens to her, I’m holding YOU responsible. Why are you just standing there? your mother and sister are waiting for you. Did you not hear me? OUT!!!!!!" I run outside as fast as I can. I can see my mother is mad at me again, I bow down "mianhe umma I didn’t mean to make you and Hyoyoung wait" My mother’s words are happy but her eyes show just how mad she is, "don’t let It happen again now come on let’s go to the park".

When we arrived at the park I see our front neighbor and her two sons, my best friends’. Hyoyoung starts running towards them and I slowly follow. "Hwayoung, Hyoyoung, I’m happy to see you here. Now we can play hide and seek. yay" The oldest doesn’t even wait for us to speak before he said I have to go seek. I don’t want to be it, If Hyoyoung gets hurt appa and umma will hit me. Oh I know I can ask bang oppa to watch her. We played for an hour before we decided to take a break. From the corner of my eyes I could see my mother talking to Mrs.Bang. "Hwayoung can I ask you something?" I turn around to face Bang oppa "What Is It oppa? Why do you look sad?".

"Don’t get mad at me, okay? I was just wondering, why Is It that every time your parents look at you they look like they’re mad? And why don’t you smile when your parents are around? “I was surprised that oppa ask those questions, I looked away so he wouldn’t be able to see my face.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about oppa, my parents never get mad at me or Hyoyoung and I do smile when my parents are around I just don’t smile as much because I don’t like my smile that’s all". I looked at Bang oppa to see If he believed me, I smiled when he looked back at me. Just as oppa was going to say something we heard our mothers calling for us. "yea umma?" We said together which caused us all to laugh. My mother took my sisters hand and said" It’s getting late we need to head home, tomorrow you can play again". We said our goodbyes and walked away, mother brought Ice cream for Hyoyoung and then we headed home. The rest of the day was about how much fun we had at the park and by we I mean my mother and Hyoyoung. I was in my room getting ready for bed when my father entered. "Yes appa?" "Hwayoung pack all your things and be ready to leave at noon sharp tomorrow".

"Arraso appa, but where are we going?"

"It’s not we. It’s you. I’m sending you to study overseas now start packing and don’t wake your sister up". My father turned around to leave but I pulled his arm to stop him from leaving, I can’t believe their sending me away. With tears flowing down my eyes I speak "But appa why? I don’t want to go I want to stay right here with Hyoyoung. Please don’t send me away please appa please “. I know I sound pathetic but I didn’t care all I care about was convincing my father to let me stay. I waited for him to speak and when he finally did his words were colder than Ice "I’m telling you to start packing because your finally leaving tomorrow".

The next day I was getting ready to say goodbye to my sister when my father stopped me, “what Is It appa?" what does he want now? Did he decided to let me stay? "Don’t you dare tell your sister that I didn’t let you stay. Don’t you dare hurt her like that, are we clear?". WHAT???WHY WOULD I WANT TO HURT HER??? I can’t believe he’s my father. "Don’t worry appa I won’t say a word. Can I say goodbye to bang oppa? Please??"

"Fine but hurry. The driver will take you to the airport, don’t keep him waiting". Those were the last words my father said to me that day. The next time I spoke to him was when I found out the real reason why he sent me away.

"Hwayoung, Is It true what appa said? Is It true you’re going away?" I couldn’t look at my sister or else I would start crying again so I just hugged her so she wouldn’t see my face.

"Yes Its true, but don’t worry I'll call as soon as I arrived to where I’m going I promise".

"HWAYOUNG!!!!!!" I broke from the hug only to be hugged by gukkie oppa. I felt something wet on my shoulder and I knew oppa was crying.

"Oppa why are you crying?" My heart hurts because I know oppa Is crying because of me.

"B-b-b-because your leaving and you’re going to f-f-f-forget about m-m-me" I hugged him tighter

"O-oppa I will never forget about you or your brother so don’t worry. I'll be back some day. you’re the one who'll forget me. Oppa I want you to promise me that you and Yongnam oppa will take care of Hyoyoung “.

"Don’t worry I promise to take good care of her, what about you Yongnam?" I hadn’t realized Yongnam was standing there. I when to hug him." Don’t worry Hwayoung we'll be there for her and take good care of her you can count on us". I smiled at Yongnam and make my way to the car.

Before the car drives away I wave goodbye and yell as loud as I can, "BYE OPPAS BYE HYOYOUNG. I'LL MISS YA!!!!!!!"

End of flashback:


Yeoboseyo
Babeun meogeonnI
EodIseo mwo haneunjI
GeokjeongdoenIkka
Tell me baby where you at
Yeoboseyo
Call me baby I be there
Wherever you are I be there
Yeoboseyo
Pick up the phone girl
Cuz I gotta be there

 

I was Interrupted out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ring. "Yeoboseyo"

"Yeoboseyo. Hwayoung Its Hanna I heard that you'll be leaving next month, Is It true?".

"Oh Hanna, yes I’m leaving next month but I told you that already so why do you sound so surprise?"

"Yea I know you told me It’s just that I didn’t think you will leave so soon I mean school Is going to start soon"

"I know but I will finish my studies in Korea so don’t worry about that".

"Ah okay then. How Is your sister doing? I remember you told me she sounded weird when you talked to her”

"Ugh I haven’t spoken to her since last month. I tried calling but she won’t answer and when I call home my mother tells me she’s out. That’s another reason why I want to go to Korea as soon as possible"

"Don’t worry I’m sure she’s fine, your oppas are taking care of her, right?"

"Yea I think"

"What do you mean you think?"

"I haven’t talked to them in 11 years. Hyoyoung tells me she sees them every day and that Yongguk Is always around her but something tells me she’s hiding something from me"

"Oh I know she’s probably going out with Yongguk"

I hope not "No I don’t think so she never liked him like that, Its Yongnam who she liked".

"It’s been 11 years you don’t feel the same way 11 years ago"

Well I do"I don’t know anyways she would have told me If she had a boyfriend. I tell her about my boyfriends"

"Yea I guess you’re right. Oh I have to go Alec Is outside. I'll text you the details of my date and we'll continue talking later, okay bye take care".

"Good luck on your date bye" What Is Hyoyoung hiding from me? Maybe Hanna Is right, maybe she has a boyfriend and just doesn’t wants to say anything. But why do I feel like something’s wrong? and why was Hyoyoung being weird when we talked? I grab my phone and call Hyoyoung’s number but It just sends me straight to voicemail. I try the home phone but no one answers. Ugh I guess Ima have to wait till next month to know what’s going on.