Hurt

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

Yongguk’s POV

I don’t know how long we’ve been waiting for any news, as long as it was good news. The agents, I meant gang, was walking around the house and looking outside the windows every now and then. No one was crying anymore, we were all just looking at nothing and hoping this was a dream.
I got up and went to the restroom to wash my face when I was walking out my phone vibrated. I took it out thinking it was a call from Hwayoung but instead it was a message form an unknown number. My hands shook as I read the message and I cried. I rushed out of the restroom and nearly tripped on the flat surface.

“Yongguk I told you to not answer your phone at all”

“They found her. Kris texted to let me know that she is being transfer to the emergency room. She was verily breathing when they found he. I need to go; I need to see her.”

I saw how conflicted he looked, one of the guys walked over to him and whispered something to him.

“Hwayoung will kill me if something happens to anyone of you, so stay inside the hospital and stay together”

“Thank you Leeteuk”

We got inside the cars that Leeteuk had and we stayed silent until we reached the hospital entrance. Someone was outside waiting for us and made sure we got inside the elevator, but he didn’t go inside with us. He just smiled with tears in his eyes and waved goodbye to us. When we reached the waiting room I saw Yongnam talking to Kris, when they saw me they stopped talking and Kris walked over to talk to Suho.

“Yongnam, is she okay?”

“We don’t know yet. What we do know is that she inhaled a lot of smoke, has third degree burns but there small. Also, she suffers a concussion. She woke up when she arrived here, right now she’s getting and MRI. All the kids are alive.”

I sat down next to him and closed my eyes.

“Yongguk”

I looked up to see Dr.Lee, we all got up and walked towards him.

“Is there something wrong?”

“No, she got lucky. Her burns aren’t major, she only suffers a concussion and it shouldn’t affect her life in any way. What I am worried about is her lungs. She inhaled much more smoke than we thought. She needs to keep the breathing mask on, don’t let her take it off until I say so. She’s awake, you can go see her but only one person at the time.”

“Yongnam, you go first. I don’t want her to see me all worried, I don’t want to make her worry about anything.”

“Okay, I won’t take long”

Yongnam walked to the room Hwayoung was in. Kris and Suho went to talk to the doctor and the rest of exo that was here all went to the cafeteria. I looked around the waiting room and then looked at my friends. They all looked so scared, lily was still shaking.

“Jongup”

“What is it Yongguk hyung?”

“Are you scared? Are you scared of what Hwayoung is involve in?”

“…. Yes… I’m scared as hell. What if we get hurt? What exactly did my cousin get involved with? Hyung I’m scared, I’m so scared”

“Zelo?”

“I’m scared to. I don’t want to be here”

“lily?”

“Of course I’m scared!!! Someone tried to grabbed me all because I hang out with Hwayoung. If I had known, I don’t think I would have approached her”

“So everyone in this room is scared? You to Deahyun?”

Everyone nodded their heads. Just as I was about to say something Yongnam came out of the room.

“Yongguk, go see her. Don’t make talk a lot”

I looked at my friends and ten walked to Hwayoung’s room. My heart broke when I saw her. She looks so fragile, but still so lovely.

“Yongguk. I’m glad you’re okay”

“You should be worrying about yourself”

She was going to take the breathing mask off but I rushed to her side and stopped her.

“Dr.Lee said you can’t take it off, so please don’t”

“I don’t like the way it feels; it feels unconfutable when I talk”

Her voice sounded so weak, and raspy. It hurt me more than I can ever tell her. “Then don’t talk, just listen and try to understand me.”
I grabbed her hand and gave her a small kiss. I could tell she was worried, I didn’t want to worry her.
“Do you have any idea how worried we were and how scared? Scared for you and scared for us! Hwayoung I know that someone is after you, but did you really need a gang involve in this? Isn’t the police enough?”

“Yongguk-“
Her voice cracked and she started coughing. I wanted to grab her and tell to relax, but I can’t.

“Don’t talk.” I was crying now and so was Hwayoung, she knows what I’m trying to say. “I love you, I really do. But I have my family to think about too. Lily was almost abducted, she’s scared now. We all are.”

“Yongguk, you’re safe, you’re all safe. Trust me.”

“Maybe we are, but we’ll be much safer away from you.”

“I, I understand.”

“Hwayoung, I love you.”

“I know”

I wanted to give he another kiss, but she turned her head away from me and pulled her hand away from mine. “I’ll talk to our parents; I’ll send you the divorce papers as soon as I can. I love you.”

She didn’t say anything but I could see her crying. I walked out of the room and saw Kris talking to Yongnam again. They both looked at me and I could see the disappoint in their eyes. Kris walked by me and purposely bumped into my shoulder. He slammed the door to her room.

“Yongguk, I hope you don’t regret this. this, I hope you regret this till the day you die. I hope all of you regret what you just did.”
With that Yongnam and the rest of EXO left us.

“Guys, let’s go home.”

We didn’t say anything on our way out. When we were outside I saw Leeteuk leaning against his car. “Yongguk, can I talk to you?”

Himchan looked at me and was signaling me to not go.  “I’ll see you all tomorrow.”

Leeteuk waited for them to leave before he said anything.

“I hope this is the last time you hurt her.”

“What?”

“You think I don’t know what you did to her, what you’ve done to her? I wanted so bad to put you in your place, but she never let me. She didn’t wanted you to get hurt in any way. She didn’t mind getting hurt as long as everyone she cared about was okay.”

“Is that all you wanted to tell me?”

“No. Ever since you married Hwayoung my friends and I have been looking out for you. We’ve made sure that you were safe from those who want to hurt Hwayoung. The same for your friends. But now we have no reason to protect anyone of you. You’re divorcing Hwayoung and the rest left with you. I promised Hwayoung that as long as you guys are by her side that I would make it my mission to protect you all. My mission is over. You guys can go to hell for all I care.”
He walked to the driver side of the car and unlocked the door.
“She loves you more than you’ll ever know. What a shame that you don’t feel the same way”

“I do love her!!”

“But not enough to say with her. You know, she will gladly die for you. That’s how much she loves you. You can’t say the same if you’re willing to leave her so easily.”

“You don’t understand what I’m- “

“Nothing would have happened to you! The only reason she got hurt was because she’s the only one they can get their hands on. I was supposed to be protecting her but instead she begged me to protect you!! She cared more about you than herself. All her life she has cared more about those around her than herself. All her life she was told that she didn’t matter, and I hoped to god that you would make her realize that she does matter. Instead you just-. Forget it.”

I watched as he drove off. Even after he was gone I just stood there, I stood there and I cried.
I grabbed my phone and made a call.

“Yeoboseyo. Mr. Park I would like your help in filing for a divorce”