Memory lane

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

 

The next day I woke up earlier than Yongguk to make breakfast for the guys and hm. I made pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I put two planes and glasses of OJ in a tray and took it upstairs. As I went inside I heard Luhan talking to Tao

 

"I don’t trust her!!!"

 

"Hyung calm down, remember she helped you"

 

"Yea so?"

 

"Let’s just listen to what she has to say"

 

"SHES HURTING D.O AND YOU WANT ME TO LISTEN TO HER???????? what I’m going to do is make sure she doesn’t hurt him again"

 

"What are you going to do?"

 

"What do you think?? I’m going to teach her a lesson" 

 

I didn’t want to listen to him so I walked up the stairs. "So in other words you want to beat me up, right Luhan?"

 

"Oh Hwayoung. I’m sorry, hyung didn’t mean it" Tao look so innocent but I have a feeling he agrees with Luhan. I set the tray next to the bed and was about to walk out, but instead I turned around and looked at Luhan.

 

"All I want it to find Kyungsoo and ask him why he left her? Ask him how could he live knowing his sister is-"

 

"YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS HIM SO STFU"

 

"So just because I want to ask him something you want to hit me?! "

 

" Look we told you to stay away from EXO and if you don’t want to listen that’s your fault."

 

"What if I don’t stay away"

 

"I'll make sure you do"

 

"Whatever, I’m not gonna waste my time talking to a pathetic lowlife like you"

 

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALLED ME?????"

 

"A PATHETIC LOWLIFE!!!!!!!"

 

"hyung, Hwayoung I don’t think now is a good time to fight"

 

"SHE CALLED ME A PATHETIC LOWLIFE AND YOU WANT ME TO STAY STILL??????"

 

"STOP YELLING AT HIM YOU "

 

" So just because I’m protecting my friend you call me a lowlife?"

 

 

"No..I’m calling you a lowlife because I didn’t know EXO was pathetic enough to hit a girl" I glare at him and tried to sound mad but my voice was cracking. As I look at him in the eyes I remembered when Yongguk slapped me. Then I remembered when HE use to take his anger out on me. "I'll never understand why hitting a girl would make a guy feel better" I hold my tears back, I turned around so they wouldn’t see how broken I looked. "Lock the doors when you leave" Then I finally leave and go to wake Yongguk up.

 


Luhans POV

The look in her eyes changed, and I hear her voice crack.  "I'll never understand why hitting a girl would make a guy feel better" With that she walked away. "Lock the doors when you leave" Even though I couldn’t see her face, I know she must look broken and hurt. 

 

"Hyung, you hurt her feelings. After she helped you, this is how you repay her?"

 

"Shut up Tao, I know I ed up"

 

"Then tell her you're sorry"

 

"No"

 

 

"Ugh, you and your stupid pride. Hurry and finish eating. Ima watch a movie"
I slowly finished eating and waited for Tao to finish watching the movie. 
Why am I feeling bad for what I told her? Why do I even care if I hurt her feelings? Since when do I care so much about a girl? Better yet. since when do I bother thinking of a girl.
Finally when the movie finishes Tao took the tray to the kitchen and called a cab to pick us up. But he didn’t talk to me the whole way to the hideout. Why does he care if I hurt her or not anyways...? Aish, I need to stop thinking of her...

 


NEW YORK: Thursday evening

Yongguk and I arrived in NY in the afternoon, we went to rest at the hotel but I want feeling to well.

 

"What’s wrong Hwayoung?"

 

"I’m just thinking of Hana and the fun we use to have when we were kids"

 

"Hwayoung, stop hurting yourself. I don’t like seeing you cry"

 

"I’m okay, I just need some time. You know what, I think I’ll just take a walk to clear my head"

 

"You want me to come with you?"

 

"No that’s okay, you can rest for a while. Besides I want to be alone"

 

"Okay, be careful"

 

 

I went to central park and took a small walk...Then the memory of us started....

 

FLASHBACKS:  

Hwayoung 8yrs old:

I just moved to NY because I had some problems in Chicago. I don’t talk much in school and already I got in trouble for 'insulting' a classmate. No one wanted to be my friend because they thought I was strange and because I’m cold to everyone. Honestly I didn’t care what they thought of me but that doesn’t mean their comments don’t hurt me. In the school’s playground, I’m in the bench far away from everyone, I was too busy thinking about Hyoyoung that I didn’t noticed a girl in my class who sat next to me.

 

"Hey you’re Hwayoung, the new kid right?"

 

"...."

 

"I heard what the others say about you. why don’t you stand up for yourself?"

 

" What do you want.........Hana?"

 

"I just want to be friends with you.... I don’t care what the others think of you, so can I be your friend"

 

"No"

 

 

She looked hurt, but I just got up and walked back to class.
The rest of the month the same girl kept talking to me and she didn’t care that I never talked to her. She even sat with me during lunch time and defended me when the other kids blamed me for something I didn’t do. Finally, I decided to be friends with her. And it was the best thing I ever did.

 

 

Hwayoung 10yrs old:

"Hwayoung, do you want to spend the holidays with us? My parents say it’s okay and Shane likes when you’re around"

 

"Um I don’t know"

 

"Aww please, it won’t be fun without you" Hana was giving me the saddest face she could master

 

"I don’t know Hana"

 

"Aww SHANE COME OVER HERE I NEED HELP CONVENCING HER!!!"   Shane is here? 

 

"Aww come on Hwayoung, come with us. I need youuuuuu"

 

"Oppa you have Hana"

 

"But she’s no fun!!"

 

"Hey I’m right here you know"

 

"Yea I know. come on Hwayoung please. Hana doesn’t want to play call of duty with me and I want to win the eating competition we started last time"

 

"Umm, okay I’ll go"

 

"YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS thank you Shane you can go.... Now come on bestie lets goooooooooo"

 

"Wait I need to pack first"

 

"Nope, I already did that for you. Your stuff is in the car"

 

"I should have known"

 

"Yes you should have now come on. This is gonna be the best holiday vacation eveeeerrrr

 

Hwayoung 13yrs old:

 

 

"Hwayoung are you okay?"   I was hiding in the dorms when I heard Hana come in. I dint wanted her to see what he did to me because I didn’t wanted to worry her, but she wasn’t alone.

"Hwayoung, its Shane. What’s wrong?"

 

"......."(sobs) Shane didn’t wait for me to talk so he walked towards me and made me face him

 

"WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!?!?" I tried to cover my face but then he grabbed my wrist and saw the handprints in my arms

 

"HWAYOUNG TELL ME WHO THE HELL HURT YOU LIKE THIS???WAS IT HIM?"

 

"Shane stop it, you’re only scaring her more. OMG Hwayoung, what happened?"

 

"......." I didn’t want to tell them he lost control of his anger again, but I didn’t have to tell them anything, they knew it was him. Shane hugged me as I cried in his arms and Hana gave me a glass of water with some pain killers

 

"Baby girl this has to stop. I can’t stand seeing you like this. I hate seeing what he has done to you"

 

"O-Oppa.Im sorry, I tried to stop him, b-but he just got angrier"

 

 

"It’s okay baby, I’ll make sure he leaves you alone. I'll protect you"

 

 

Hwayoung 14yrs old:

It’s been a year since I last saw him, oppa kept his promise, he protected me. I walked to the dorms and turned the lights on, but I froze when I saw him sitting on my bed. I thought he was gone, I thought he would dare come close to me again, I guess I was wrong. Damm I should have known better

 

"Hey baby girl, did you miss me?"

 

"...."

 

"I’m sure you did, and I know you're sorry for what you did, aren’t you?"

 

"....Wh-what are you doing here"  what am I doing I need to get out of here

 

"I’m here to see my girl. And I’m also here to make sure you don’t try to leave me again" I know what he wants to do so I open the door and ran out as fast as I can. I grab my phone and dial Hana's number. I can hear him catching up to me.

 

"Hey its Hana, sorry I can’t answer your call but leave a message and I’ll call back later okay"

 

"Nononononononononononono HANA HELP ME HE'S BACK PLEASE HELP M-" He jumped on top of me and threw my phone somewhere.

 

"WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY??? I didn’t want to hurt you; you’re making me do this." He then punched me and dragged me to the room by my hair.

 

"Please I’m sorry just let me go, please"

 

"SHUT UP" Then he threw me to the floor and started kicking me, he kicked me in the head and I felt liquid running down my forehead, the room started spinning and it was getting harder to breath. I stopped feeling any pain and my vision started to go away

 

 

"OMG HWAYOUNG OPEN YOUR EYES, PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES. Shane we have to get her to a hospital now!!!!!!"

 

 

Hwayoung 15yrs old:

After what he did to me I learned how to defend myself. It’s been another year; I didn’t tell Hyoyoung why I didn’t call her for a few weeks so she would worry. Right now I’m at Hana's fifteen party, she was dancing with her dad and I envied her. She has the love of both her parents and all I have is the love of my sister. We spent the whole night together and I danced with Shane a few times. Ever since what happened he was overprotective but I didn’t mind. He went to California to study and comes whenever he can. He makes sure to call me every day and make sure I’m okay. I had a fun time with them and I made sure to take a lot of pictures of us together so I never forget this day. I was looking around the room and noticed that even tough Hana has many friends she always spends her time with me. Shane does hangs around with his friends but he also hangs around with me and Hana. One time we pretended to be dating just to see how Hana would react, it was fun at first but then Shane found a girl he really liked and we dropped the act. I was kind of hurt but I was okay because we weren’t really going out. I was spending as much time with them as I could because in one more year I’ll leave, I’ll be going back home, back to my sister whom I miss sooo much. And maybe I’ll see gukkie oppa again. 

 

END OF FLASHBACKS

It was getting dark so I walked back to the hotel, Yongguk was waiting for me.

 

"Hey, you feeling better?"

 

"Yea" 

 

"Here, eat something." Yongguk gave me some food and when I finished eating he hugged me. "Hwayoung I... I think..."

 

"You think what?"

 

"Never mind, it’s not the right time" I was a bit confused, but I just decided to think about it later.

 

"Come on, you have to sleep. Tomorrow will be a hard day for you"

 

"Okay" I changed into some sleeping attire and noticed there was only one bed.

 

"Oh now your shy, come on Hwayoung we been sleeping in the same bed for a few days now"

 

"..." I just laid down and turned the lights off. I felt Yongguk wrapped his arms around my waist and I was glad it was dark so he couldn’t see my red face. 

 

"Goodnight babe” Did he just called me babe or am I hearing things??

 

 

I decided I’m just hearing things and drifted off to sleep.

 

 


Back in seoul:

"Hyung do you think Yongguk hyung is falling for noona?"

 

"Why do you think that Zelo?"

 

"Think about it Himchan, he has been looking out for her and he has been acting like a boyfriend towards cousin"

 

"What do you think Deahyun, do you think Yongguk oppa is falling for unnie?"

 

"Um I don’t know, but I think so. Hess being all lovey dovey and he wasn’t like that with any of his ex’s. Since you’re a girl what don’t you tell us what you think"

 

"Well I think he is starting to like her but something is holding him back. And about unnie, she’s definitely holding back. Oppa you know Yongguk better than anyone because he’s your brother so what do you think?"

 

 

"He likes her. I've knows that for a long time" 
The rest of the time they talked about how to get Yongguk and Hwayoung to confess their feelings towards each other.

 

AT THE HOSPITAL:

"Doctor, she moved her fingers!!!"

 

"That’s great, hopefully she will awake soon"

 

"Should we inform her sister?"

 

"No. She only moved her fingers, I don’t want to give her sister false hope"

 

"Alright doctor, I’ll be leaving now"

 

 

"Hyoyoung, what made you jump? Better yet, who made you jump?. Well that doesn’t matter right now, what matters is that you wake up, that your sister gets her unnie back"
The doctor cheeked the patients chart and wrote some notes. He then looked at her with a sad smile.
"I wish i could have helped you, what kind of a brother am I if I can’t protect my sisters from harm"

 



Thanks for reading and sorry for any mistakes. Dont forget to comment

Thank you diannan for subscribing and thanks to Minyu623 for upvoting 

Also im writing a new fanfic, i hope ya cheak it out. I wont update it as much because i want to finish this fanfic first. Please cheek it out and tell me what you think    Sorry for any mispells

War of hormones