Goodbye Hana

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

 

 

"Hwayoung, get up. C'mon you have to eat something today...I know you don’t feel good today but I don’t want you to pass out for not eating."
I just remain silent and pretended to sleep, hopefully he'll give up and just let me rest. Yongguk has been trying to wake me up for an hour now, but I just remained in bed without saying a word. Besides its almost time for Hana’s memorial and I need all the rest I can get.
"Hwayoung if you don’t get up in 5 seconds I’m going to kiss you on-"

"I’m up!!! I’m up!!!"  I sat up and started eating the food he brought.

" I don’t know if I should be happy that you got up or sad because you don’t want a kiss from me" I just ignored Yongguk and ate in silent. When I turned to look at him he looked kind of hurt and had a killer pout on his face which made his lips look kissable. I finished eating and got up to shower. When I was done Yongguk was ready and was wearing a suit, I was wearing black jeans and shirt because I don’t want to wear a dress.

"it’s time to go, there’s a taxi waiting for us already" 

I walked to the elevator and held Yongguk’s hand as we made our way to the taxi. As soon as we got inside I took my phone out and started looking at all the photos I had of Hana. The last photo was at the airport, just before my flight was called. I was too busy looking at my phone that I didn’t noticed we had arrived until Yongguk opened the door. I didn’t pay attention of how the building looked on the inside, all I could see was a big picture of Hana and a coffin next to it. Just as I was walking towards the coffin I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Alec in front of me.

"Hwayoung, you came"

"You called me by my name, you never did that before"

"yeah well, she hated when I called you names. She always wanted us to get along, gosh I should have been nicer to you. I always hurt her by fighting with you" Alec started to cry so I hugged him till he calmed down a bit.

"It’s my fault to, I knew you made her happy but I just couldn’t be nice. I should have been happy for you two instead of insulting you whenever I saw you. I’m so sorry" Just as tears started falling from my eyes Yongguk appeared and handed me a tissue. He held my hand and looked at Alec.

"I've never seen you before, are you related to Hana?" Now Yongguk looked lost and I couldn’t help but let out a small laugh.

"No, he's with me."

"Really? wow the only guy I’ve seen you with is Shane. what’s going on with you and this guy?" Although this is a sad day Alec had a smile on his face, and it wasn’t a normal smile, more like a erted one.

:"Shut up Alec. And he's my boyfriend"

"It’s about time you had a boyfriend, I was thinking you'll end up as a lonely cat lady. Congratulations" Just before he left he turned to Yongguk and gave him a thumbs up.

"Who is he? And why were you hugging him?"

"He's Hana’s boyfriend and I was hugging him because- wait, are you jealous because I hugged him?"

"What, don’t be stupid I was just asking"

"Sure, come on the memorial is about to start" 
After the priest was done talking some family members when up to talk about Hana and the memories they had of her. I noticed the Shane didn’t got up at all, come to think of it I don’t think I saw him. After the family members were done some of Hana’s few friends gave a small speech, I wanted to say something but I don’t think I have the courage to look at everyone knowing that Hana died because of me. Just as the memorial was finishing I saw Shane, he walked to the front and took a deep breath before talking.

"Thank you everyone for coming, this means a lot to my family and I. The last time I talked to Hana she was happy, who would have thought that would be the last time I’ll ever talk to her. I still remember when my mom came home with Hana in her arms, she was so small and I was scared of carrying her because I didn’t want to drop her. When she was five and got hurt because she fell from her bicycle I promised her I’ll always protect her from everyone and everything. It hurt me to know I wasn’t able to protect her when she needed saving, I feel guilty for leaving her alone, for thinking she would be fine on her own. Last week I had a voice mail from her, when I listened to it I was confused so I called her back, when she didn’t answer I thought she had gone to sleep. The next day when my parents told me she was missing I came home as soon as I could, but I was too late, her dead body had already been found. I wished this was a nightmare, that I would wake up in a few minutes and she'll be okay. I wish I could go back in time, but I can’t. So now here I am, here we all are, saying goodbye to someone that shouldn’t have died, to someone who didn’t deserve this, to someone who was taken away from us at a young age. We're saying goodbye to Hana, even though it wasn’t her time to leave us. This shouldn’t have been her."
During the whole time Shane was talking he didn’t cry, because he was looking at me with hatred and anger in his eyes. I know that he was there when Hana found out about my dad and why I was attacked, so we both know that this is my fault, that it should be me in that coffin, not her. I looked around and saw Hana’s parents fighting to hold their tears back. The time went by fast and before I knew it the memorial was over. Yongguk had gone outside to wait for the taxi and I stayed inside talking to a few of Hana’s cousins. I was about to walk outside when someone yanked me to a corner of the room. It was Shane.

"You have some nerves coming here"

"Shane I’m sorry I know this is my fault but please-"

"why did you came?" He yanked my arm harder and tightened his grip. Just by looking at him in the eyes I remembered that he looked like this just before he would hit me.

"let me go please." 

"She died because of you! I hope your happy now" No one was looking at us, no one noticed us. And I’m positive I’ll have a panic attack if Shane doesn’t let me go.

"Shane don’t-" I saw him raise him arm and I closed my eyes waiting for him to hit me like he use to. Then I felt Shane lose him grip on me, when I opened my eyes Yongguk pushed Shane away from me. Shane look at him the at me, he froze when he saw how scared I looked but he didn’t say anything he just walked away.

"Are you okay? who the hell is he anyways?!"

"L-let just get out of here. I n-need to rest a bit." I could tell Yongguk wanted to ask more questions but he just nodded and walked next to me till we left. When we arrived at the hotel I locked myself in the bathroom and told Yongguk to leave me alone for a while. After what seemed as forever I got out of the restroom and found Yongguk talking in the phone with BAP. He hanged up on them when he saw me and held me close for a while.

"You have to eat, here I ordered some pizza. I know you don’t want to talk about it so I won’t ask you what happened with that guy, but please let me be there for you, okay?" I just nodded and ate.

 

At night I wanted to walk around the park and Yongguk came with me. We walked hand in hand in the park and when we went back to the hotel room Yongguk hugged me will I fell asleep.

THE NEXT DAY

 Yongguk woke up before me and got everything ready for today. Today is Hana’s funeral. Today is the last day to say goodbye.

When we arrived at the cemetery Shane pretended to not see me and Yongguk held me closer to him. It was almost the same thing as yesterday, but there were more tears. Before Hana was lowered to the ground Hana’s mom asked me to say something so I got up and walked next to Hana’s coffin.

"When I first arrived here I dint had any friends and my classmates would always make fun of me because I looked weird and talked with an accent. Hana was the first person to be nice to me and I’m glad I had her as a friend. I remember once Hana told me about heaven, and what she believes happens to a person once they pass away. She told me that a good spirit is taken by an angel to heaven, that they can see us from the other world, that they take care of us from heaven. Right now I want to believe that, I want to believe that she is looking at us right now and taking care of us all. I want to believe that she hasn’t completely left us, that part of her will be forever with us. I want to believe she is right here judging my clothing right now. I’m going to miss her but I hope I’ll see her again someday. I’m sorry Hana, for not being there for you, I’m so sorry"

As the coffin was lowered to the ground I cried on Yongguk’s chest and he held me tight, like he could protect me from all the pain that was coming towards me. I dropped Hana’s favorite flowers on top of her coffin and watched as the gravediggers covered the coffin, By the time the funeral was over I had no more tears and I was ready to pass out. Just as we were leaving Shane walked in front of us.

"I’m sorry I know I reminded you of him. I was just mad. I promised her I’ll protect you and I will. I'll look for the people responsible for your attacks and her murder. Be happy Hwayoung, you deserve to smile." With that he left. As soon as we arrived at the room we started packing our stuff and waited for the taxi to come. We have school on Monday so we have to leave today to get there on Sunday night.


YONGGUKS POV

 It hurt me so much watching Hwayoung cry, and it hurt more when I saw how scared and broken she looked when that Shane guy almost hit her. I want to protect her from all the pain, but I don’t know why, maybe it’s because I’m going to marry her next week. Yea that’s why I want to protect her. When we were leaving the funeral the same guy walked towards us and apologized to Hwayoung. I couldn’t really understand much of what he said but I understood he said but I’m sure he said ' I know I reminded you of him' I wonder who 'him' is? As we arrived to the hotel room we got ready to go to the airport, we still have school so we need to leave today. Just looking at Hwayoung right now I remembered when I use to bully her, does she still hate me because of that? if she does I’m earn her forgiveness, I’ll make her happy. Happy next to me.

 


Sorry for the long wait, i had to much going on. I'll update the next chapter by November 14 pacific time

Sorry for any mistakes

Thank you to troioi , IdunnowhattowriteJongByung , Niola12 , mysarah16 , ChoParkPR , soeyskiela , and tekaji  for subscribing.

Also thanks to JongByung for upvoteing.

Thank you guys so much!!!