who are you really?

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

 

At the hospital:

I noticed that Hwayoung went inside the same room Yongnam came out of and they both had the same sad face when they came out. I got curious so I went back to the hospital in the morning and went inside the room. I made sure no one saw me, I saw a girl that looked familiar so I got closer and took a better look, “What the--?? Hwa-Hwayoung?" I grabbed the phone by the bed and called Hwayoung "Yeoboseyo? Who's there?" I hanged up and walk out of the hospital.

 

I couldn’t believe what I saw so I went to a park to think better. "She has a twin? I thought she was an only child, wait, now that I think about it she changed a lot, is it because of her sister? Aish, why didn’t we know about her twin??" I sat down on a nearby bench and tried to remember Hwayoung before and now.

Before:                          Now:
long hair                         short hair
shy                                not shy
nice to everyone             cold to mostly everyone
never fights back            fights back
nerd                               not really a nerd
loner                              has friends
teachers pet                   still a teacher’s pet, well not really

 Wait, the only one she knew of BAP is Yongguk but that’s because she knows Yongnam.   "That’s why she’s not the same, because she’s--she’s not the school nerd. Her sister is" Than, why didn’t she said anything? How come Yongnam knows? How come no one saw her in school? What is she hiding? Why is she hiding her sister and who she really is? Should I tell the others? I had so many questions running in my head but I decided not to tell anyone.

At least not yet...

 

Hwayoung's pov:

I couldn’t sleep all night, I had a bad feeling and I couldn’t figure out why. When I looked at the time it was 8 in the morning so I called Hana, she should still be up. "Hey its Hana, sorry I couldn’t answer but feel free to leave a voicemail and I’ll get back to you, maybe."  

"Hey Hana its Hwayoung please call me back as soon as you can, and when your idiotic boyfriend isn’t with you"  

After everything that has happened I can’t believe it’s only the first week of school. Everyone should be in school right now so I changed into jeans and a black shirt before leaving.

I went to the flower shop where I buy Hyoyoung her flowers and buy two dozen white flowers, I drove outside of Seoul to a cemetery and walk to the back. I sit on my knees," Hey halmoni and halapoji I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner. A lot of things have happened to me since I left but not all were bad so don’t worry about me. I wish I able to say goodbye to both of you, I wish I had a least one more day with both of you. Okay forget the sad things, I made a new friend here well she was Hyoyoung’s friend first, I also met Yongnam and Yongguk. I’m not sure if I can call Zelo a friend yet but he’s' really nice, he’s' the baby brother I always wanted. Are ya with unnie, is ya are tell her I need her by my side. I have to go and I’ll bring more flowers next time I come."

Its only 10 so I drive around to kill time, I was taking the long road home but I saw an orphanage and stop. I can see little kids playing and laughing, but there’s a little girl that’s all by herself, I get out of my car and walk to the front "Noona are you lost?" there’s a little boy in front of me he looks like he's 7 or 8.

"Ani. I wanted to stop here"

"Jinja??"

"Ne, why are you surprised?"

"No one ever comes here unless they are dropping something or someone off, oh and when one of us are leaving but that is only twice a month."

"Well if I can I’ll more, where is the lady that is in charge?"

"I'll take you to her!!" He walks me inside to a hallway in the left then he takes a right turn and goes inside a room at the far left. I walk in after him and see an elderly lady sitting behind a desk full of papers.

"Oh hello, Jihoon tells me you want to talk to me? Jihoon go play with your brother and the others" "Arraso umma"

"I wanted to ask if it’s okay if I get to know the kids and well come and visit them?" I don’t know why I said that, I don’t even want kids

She smiles at me "Sit down please, and yes you can get to know them and visit, it’s not every day that someone come here to be with the children. But first I want to know you and you can get to know me to" We spent a whole hour talking and then she introduced me to the kids. "Ahjumma, who is the little girl?"

 

"Oh her name is Hwayoung like you, ever since she came here she never talked and she doesn’t play with anyone. You can go talk to her if you want maybe she'll talk to you" I bow thanks to her and walk too little Hwayoung

"Annyeong Hwayoung" She just looks up at me her eyes look sad "My name is Hwayoung just like you, Ajumma told me you don’t play with the other kids, why?" She still remains silent, "Okay how about you get to know me first, yes?" She nods her head. "I’m Hwayoung I’m 16 years old and I have an older twin sister. I don’t have a favorite color or food, I like dogs and I can sing, dance and rap. One of my hobbies in gardening but I haven’t done that in a while. Do you want to know anything else?"

"D-do you like paining?" Yay I made her talk!! I smile and sit next to her "Yes I like to pain, but I’m not that good at it, maybe you can paint with me" She turns to me with a big smile "Okay. My appa likes to paint. I want to see them again" She turned sad again so I gave her a hug. “Umma and appa went to heaven and I don’t know what happened to my oppa" She was crying now,

"It’s okay Hwayoung tell me about your oppa, I’m sure he's looking for you" She told he his name is Kyungsoo and that he was on a trip when her parents died, she also gave me a photo of them together. After we talked we went to play with the other kids.

I was eating with them when my phone rang. "Yeoboseyo"

"Hwayoung where are you, I’m in front of your house with BAP" Why is BAP there?!?!

I'll be there in half an hour, and aren’t ya supposed to be in school?"

"Its 5 already, what are you doing that you lost track of time" 

"Aish mianhe umma, I’m on my way so bye" I hang up "Noona where are you going?" "I have to go Hwayoung but I’ll be here tomorrow and I’ll bring candy for all of you" "YAAAAAAYYYY NONA IS BRINGING CANDY!!!" I guess kids don’t change haha. I go to Ajumma office to talk to her.

"Hwayoung you’re leaving already?"

"Ne but I’ll come tomorrow, um Ajumma can I ask something about Hwayoung’s family?"

"Go ahead"

"What happened to her parents and her brother"

"Well her parents were in a car accident and her brother was on a trip, he was supposed to come back but he never did so she came here. I've tried to locate her brother but there’s only so much I can do"

"Can I look for him?"

"Yes you can but don’t tell her, he never showed up for a reason and I don’t want her to get happy over him, he might not want to take care of her you know"

"I understand and I won’t tell her, thank you for your time and for letting me come. I'll be going now see you tomorrow"

"See you tomorrow, have a safe ride home"


As soon as I got outside the car Zelo came running to give me a hug. "Noona how are you and why are you up your wound might reopen" "I’m fine" I open the door and let them in Bap and lily came but not Yongnam I texted him to see if he wanted to hang out but he didn’t reply. "Why did all of ya came anyways?"

"Aww noona you don’t want to see us"

"It’s not that, I was referring to your friends" Everyone was silent and the rest of bap was glaring at me. "What? it’s not like we hang out"

"I thought ya were friends"
I looked at lily "Why?"

"Himchan oppa told me" Himchan oppa? oh he likes her. 

I looked at Himchan and he was smiling before he looked away. "Himchan oppa why did you lied??"

"We're not friends but we get along so he technically didn’t lie. so why are ya guys here?" Zelo was smiling and bap were looking at me with wide eyes. "Noona we don’t know each other much so let’s talk about us" After lily said yes Himchan agreed and the rest of bap ended up saying yes. "Fine"

"Annyeong I’m Choi Junhong but call me Zelo. I’m 15 the youngest in bap. I was born on October 15"

"Annyeong I’m Bang Yongguk, I’m 16. Born on march 31"

"Annyeong I’m Kim Himchan I’m 16. Born on April 19"

"Annyeong I’m Jung Deahyun I’m 16. Born on June 28"

"Annyeong I’m Yoo Youngjae I’m 15. Born on January 24"

"Annyeong I’m Moon Jongup. Born on February 6 Now the lady’s turn"

"Annyeong I’m Lee lily I’m 16 and I just moved here from Busan. I was born on May 19"

"I’m Ryu Hwayoung, 16. Born on April 22" 

"Noona!!" 

"What Zelo?"

"You have to call Yongguk and Himchan oppa!!" I looked at him like he was crazy and lily was just laughing at me "Hwayoung he’s right you have to call them oppa."

"No thanks I’m good" I went to the kitchen and took refreshments and snacks to the living room. "Thanks noona/Hwayoung/unnie"

"Okay unnie we already know each other so let’s talk about each other"

"Yea, noona you first" I really don’t want to talk about me. "There’s nothing to know about me. Ask lily she doesn’t know any of you and you don’t know her" Himchan was looking at me. "Come on Hwayoung, I’m sure there’s something about you that we don’t know"

"There’s nothing"

"There must be something like, do you have a sister?" I glared at him. "Yea unnie you never told me where Hyoyoung was"

Deahyun looked up from his phone" Who is she? her name sound familiar"

"That’s Hwayoung’s t-"

"YAH!!!" That shut lily up but now everyone was staring at me. I got up and dragged lily upstairs to my room. "Unnie what’s wrong"

"Do you like Himchan?"

"Um I- I’m not sure. why? if you like him I’ll back off"

"It’s not that" I opened the door and looked to see if anyone was upstairs. I sat on my bed and looked at the floor "Hyoyoung is in a coma" I heard her gasp. "I-I’m sorry I should have kept my mouth shut I-"

"No its okay I should have told you sooner"

"Why is she there"

"She tried to kill herself because she was being bullied a lot in school and sometimes in the streets"

"Why are you telling me the truth? you don’t even know me that much"

"Well...Because I guess I have a soft spot for those who care about my sister. Anyways please don’t tell BAP or anyone else,"

"Arraso I won’t say a word" We started walking out, I was behind her so when she stopped I bumped into her. "What’s wrong? I know you didn’t get lost because this house isn’t that big"

"You said she was getting bullied"

"Ne, why?"

"On my fist day I heard someone call you a nerd. My oppa also told me BAP are the kingkas in school"

"What does that has to do with anything"

"He also told me they made fun of a girl in their grade and called her names"

"Yea so??"

"They called her a nerd and threw paint at her"

"Li-"

"They bullied her didn’t they? Himchan oppa is in BAP, he also bullied her right? OMG I like the guy that hurt the best friend I ever had!!"

"Lily calm down I kn--"

"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?!?!?"

"Because I can tell you like him and I didn’t want to hurt you" I thought she was gonna run out but instead she hugged me "I’m sorry, you were just thinking about me and I was mad at you. I’m such a horrible friend!!"

"No you’re not, you’re the best. Now come on the guys are still here" We walked back to the living room. When we were walking to the sofa Himchan got up and sat next to lily. "Are you okay?" "I’m fine" Then he turned to me with a smirk in his face. "So, you were telling us about your sister"

 

"Hyung, why do you think she has a sister?" I was wondering the same thing