Starting over

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

 

 

Its Friday, I remembered I didn’t had to go to school but got up early to visit the kids. When I finish getting ready I looked in the mirror and noticed the marks on my neck are nearly gone. I eat a toast of bread and leave the house. I tried calling Hana all night but she still wouldn’t answer, I would have called her bf but I don’t have his number.

 

As soon as I get to the orphanage the kids start running towards me, "NOONA IS HERE!" I look around but I don’t see little Hwayoung outside. Jihoon, the little boy that took me to see Ajumma, was helping me take the candy bags inside. "Thank you Jihoon for helping"

 

"Noona when can we eat the candy!!" I give him a smile before answering "Later, go play with the others" When he left I started walking to Ajumma office. "Ajumma I’m back" She was talking on the phone when I entered so I waited for her to finish.

 

"Hwayoung, it’s nice to see you again. The kids were asking when were you coming, but why aren’t you at school"

 

"My doctor told the school I couldn’t go for the rest of the week. How's little Hwayoung?"

 

"She's fine, she started talking and playing with the others all thanks to you. I got a call from a PI asking about Hwayoung’s life, do you have anything to do with that?"

 

"Ne, I informed you yesterday that I wanted to find Hwayoung’s brother"

 

"Well yes but I didn’t think you would actually try to find him. Why are you taking a huge interest in her anyways?"

 

"Because she reminds me of me"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"The look she has in her eyes is the same I had when I was a kid. My parents sent me overseas when I was 6 so I was separated from my sister. I came back on August, but during the time I was away from my sister. I was always sad thinking of all the fun we had when we were kids and what we could have been doing if I was with her at home. Hwayoung misses her brother like I missed my sister, she’s the little me but just looking at her tells me she deserves to be happy just like the other kids" By the end of our conversation Ajumma started treating me like I was her family, around 12 I gave the candy to the kids and spent the rest of the afternoon playing with them. It was 3:30 when my phone started ringing 

 

"Where are you?!?!"

 

"Oh mianhe I lost track of time, I’m on my way."

 

"Ugh fine hurry I hate waiting and it looks like the others hate it to" Others??? please don’t tell me BAP is there again

 

"I’m going already, bye" I say goodbye to the kids and Ajumma before leaving.

 


When I arrive home Zelo, lily and Himchan are waiting outside. "It’s about time you got here noona I thought you didn’t wanted to see me" I let them in and went to the kitchen to get snacks. "Hwayoung" I didn’t need to look behind me to know Himchan was there. 
"What?"

 

"Why are you so cold to me?"

 

"Really?? is that all you want?"

 

"No, I want us to be friends"

 

"First Yongguk now you. Why? Because you like lily?"

 

"Well, yea but no. I get it you hate us, but if you hate us why are you friends with Zelo"

 

"He wanted to be friend and he was too cute for me to say no" I wanted to walk out of the kitchen but Himchan was blocking my way. "What do you really want Himchan?"

 

"To be friends. oh and what did you told lily when she went upstairs with you, she started being different after you talked to her"

 

"All I told her was about my sister, I didn’t say anything about you" she was the one who talked bad about you, kind of

 

"Funny how after spending some time with you people change"

 

"What do you mean?" He just gave me a smirk and walked away. When I walked to the living room Zelo was arguing with Himchan about music class. "guys. GUYS" finally they stopped yelling "Why do ya have to raise your voice if ya are sitting in front of each other"

 

"Noona we have to sing with someone in music class and I want to sing with you but hyung won’t let me. Also Yongguk hyung broke up with Hyuna in front of the whole school and hyung thinks it’s because he like someone else while I think he finally figured out she’s just using him"

 

"We have to sing in music class with someone else?"

 

"Ne, and I want to sing with you but hyung said I have to sing with him and the others"

 

"You really don’t have to fight over that, sing with your hyung and next time you can sing with me, okay?"

 

"Okay noona. Noona how come you don’t live with your parents?"

 

"Yea unnie I was wondering the same thing, I don’t really know your parents but when I visit Hyoyoung they were really nice and over protective of her"

 

"I didn’t want to live with my parents so I moved out"

 

"But why unnie, I wanted to move out of my parents’ house but I don’t have the gut to do it because they are my parents and I love them"

 

"personal reasons" We spent the rest of the day talking about ourselves and what we wanted in the future. Himchan kept staring at me from time to time and I was getting mad. I got closer to Zelo, and lily was calling Himchan oppa again. The PI called me to inform me that the last known address of Kyungsoo was in Busan and that he was heading there to look for information about him. Hana again didn’t pick up, around 8 the rest of BAP came over, Yongnam called and said he would come over later. It was Friday so everyone was staying late. "Noona, can we look around?" Zelo was looking at me with his puppy eyes, and Yongguk smacked his head

 

"Yah Zelo why do want to look around?" Yongguk was about to hit him again but Zelo ran and hid behind me

 

"It’s okay ya can look around but the only room on the left hallway is mine so don’t go in" Everyone including lily got up to look around. The first floor has the living room, a small kitchen, a study room and a restroom for the guest. The second floor has 4 bedrooms with a restroom, a small closet on the right hallway and a balcony in my room. The backyard has a pool and a garden, the house also has a basement and an attic, the attic might as well be another room because I decorated it to look like a room. The guys came downstairs and ran to the backyard, except Yongguk who was still upstairs. After a few minutes Yongguk was still upstairs. I went to look if he was okay and found him in my room. He sitting in my bed reading a book.

 

"You okay?" He dropped the book and quickly got up. "yea, sorry I know you said not to go into your room but..."

 

"But?"

 

"But I just wanted to see how the room looks now"

 

"What?"

 

"My childhood friend lived here, well her grandparents, but she would sleep over with her twin and sometimes Yongnam and I would stay to. This is where we slept"

 

"Okay, well the others are in the backyard"

 

"Can we start over?"

 

"...."

 

"Please, can we forget everything and try to be friends. I promise I won’t hurt you ever again, physically or mentally"

 

"I. You hurt me more than you know, I don’t know if I can ever call you or the others my friends"

 

"Okay then acquaintance"

 

I was silent for a minute and thought what I should say. "Okay now can you please get out of my room" 

 

"Oh yea, lets join the others" 

 



The week I went back to school BAP was being nice to me. They even ate lunch with me and lily, Zelo kept asking me what happened between Yongguk and I but when I told him he wouldn’t believe me. School was cancelled on Friday so on Thursday they all went to my place to hang out. Yongnam was happy that I was giving them a chance but he knew I still didn’t trust them. We were watching a movie when my phone rang, I thought it was Hana so I answer without looking at the called ID "Hana!! why did you answer me for a whole week?!?" 

 

"I have no id-" As soon as I realized who it was I hanged up.

 

Yongnam saw my disappointed face and gave me a hug. "who was it?"
I just ignored his question and continued watching the movie. After a minute my phone rang again, I looked at the called id and rejected the call. It kept on ringing so I turned my phone off. After a few minutes my home phone started ringing so I got up and answer.

 

"What do you want?!" The line was silent so I hanged up I was walking back to the couch when it rang again, Yongnam picked the phone up.

 

"Yeoboseyo? Oh Mrs., Ryu how are you...I’m fine.... she went to the restroom...I’ll tell her...yes she did...sorry ma'am but I don’t see how you can call yourself a mother after what you did to them, goodnight" He slammed the phone and now everyone was staring at me and Yongnam.

 

"That’s not fair oppa when I talk to her like that you get mad at me and give me a long speech about how I should respect that woman" Himchan paused the movie and turned to face us, right now I didn’t care if they were watching, I was mad and I wanted a drink so I went to the kitchen and grabbed a beer. After I finished my drink I went back to the living room. 

 

"Noona you okay. and who was that"

 

"I’m fine and it was no one important"

 

"Yongnam said Mrs. Ryu. That was your mom wasn’t it? bro you’re always nice but you talked to her like she was trash. what did she do?"

 

"Oppa what did she want"

 

"She wants you to go to the family reunion they are having tomorrow and she said if you don’t go you won’t see her again and you have to wear a dress"

 

"WHAT!?! why a dress?"

 

"Who is 'she' unnie"

 

"Aish that. ugh why do I have to go"

 

"It’s okay Hwayoung I also have to go to a family reunion. My favorite cousin came back; I think she went to study overseas when she was little" 

 

"But at least you’re going to see your favorite cousin. I have to see the witches in my family" In the end I decided to go.


 

 

 

My mother sent me a dress but i decided to wear another one because she choose a pink dress and I don't do pink. 

When I entered my parents’ house everyone was staring, after a minute I saw my mother. "Why aren’t you wearing the dress I sent to you?"

 

"I didn’t like it" She was giving me a disappointed look. "Fine, let’s go talk to your cousin. He won’t stop asking about you" She walked away and I was following her, she went to the backyard and started talking to some lady and a teenage boy next to her. that boy looks familiar When my mother got out of the way I gasped.

 

"Hwa-Hwayoung?? you’re my cousin?"

 

"Hey. I can explain"