Broken on the inside

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

The room was silent. The only sounds were from the heart monitor in my room. I still can’t believe everything that has happened this week. I still can’t believe this is the end for Yongguk and I. Deep inside of me I knew we couldn’t live a happily ever after life, after all I was born to sacrifice myself for the wellbeing of my sister but I didn’t imagined it’ll end this way. In front of me are the divorce papers Yongguk had sent with his lawyer, his signature already on the documents. It’s been nearly two hours since I’ve received the papers, I lost count of how many times I’ve read the whole document. Even thinking about every hurtful thing Yongguk has done to me and Hyoyoung isn’t enough for me to bring the pen down on the documents and be done with this marriage, with Yongguk. With tears on my eyes I take a deep breath and slowly sign my name on a piece of paper that is heavier than it truly weights. Just as I put the documents next to my bed Yongnam walks in.

“Hey, I just wanted to see if you were alright before I leave. It’s almost two in the morning.”

“I’m fine. How’s Hyoyoung? Is her conditioning the same? What about Ahjumma and the kids, are they okay?”

“Her condition went back to how it used to be. The doctors aren’t sure what happened, she was getting better. And Ahjumma and the kids are fine, all thanks to you.”

“It’s because of me that the orphanage was burned down. Just like it’s my fault that Hyoyoung is laying on a hospital bed in a coma.”

“None of that is your fault! You didn’t piss off that psychopath and you weren’t the one that bully Hyoyoung. That brings up my brother, has he filed for divorce yet?”

“I finished signing them just as you walked in. Yongnam, I won’t break the promise I made you. I will tell Yongguk the truth.”

Yongnam walked over and grabbed the papers. He read over them and just shook his head.
“He’s an idiot. I lost count of how many times he has hurt you.”

“So have I. Anyways you should leave. Go home and go to sleep, we can talk more later.”

“Who’s staying with you to watch over you?”

“Kris. Don’t look at me like that, I was just as surprised as you were.”

“Sure, well goodnight then.”

Yongnam gave me a kiss on the forehead and left the room not a minute later Kris walked in. He took one look at me and I swear I saw worry in his eyes. He laid down on the couch and took out a book. The book was in Chinese and I couldn’t look at the title, actually I’m not fluent in Chinese.

“Did you signed the divorce yet?”

“Yea. Before Yongnam came to say goodbye. Kris, why are you staying here with me? You hate me.”

Kris turned to the next page on his book and didn’t even bother to look at me.

“I don’t hate you. I never once said I hated you. All I said was that I didn’t trusted you. And I had a bloody good reason not to.”

“You used past tense. Does that mean you trust me now?”

“Maybe.”

We stopped talking for a bit but I was still looking at him. Now that I think about it Kris looks a lot like Dr.Lee. And if I remember well I did see a picture with Dr.Lee and a young kid next to him. Could that be Kris?

“Kris?”

“I’m not reading you a bed time story.”

“It’s not that. Are you perhaps related to Dr.Lee? You two look a lot-“

“He’s my brother. Although this is the first time I’ve seen him since he left the family business. It’s thanks to you that I was able to see him again, without endangering his or my life.”

“Brother? That must have been nice.”

“Huh?”

“To have a brother.”

I looked at him and just smiled when he turned away from his book to look at me. I thought he was going to go back to his book but instead he put it down and sat up.

“Yea it was nice. All my life it has always been my brother and I. Our mother left us three years after I was born, she left with another man. Since that day our father buried himself with work. So my brother practically raise me. I was devastated when he said he was leaving, that he wanted a new life away from the gangs. But I was also proud of him because he was finally going to look for something that would really make him happy.”

Well he told me his story, I guess it’s my turn.

“I wasn’t supposed to be born. My parents only wanted one child. So instead of treating me like their daughter I was the caretaker of their only child. Only family members know I exist, that’s why BAP was surprised when they found out I have a sister. My father forced me to go to America, he even ordered me not to tell Hyoyoung that I was leaving because he said so. I was so happy that I was going to see my sister face to face again after all those years apart. Imagine how devastated I was when I saw her connected to all those machines. To make things worse my father forced me to marry Yongguk, the that is at fault for her state. I refused at first but he threatened to pull the plug on Hyoyoung.”

“You had a hard time growing up.”

“Not really, I mean yea I had to watch my back because some crazy dude wants me dead but other than that I was raised normal. But then the girl who was like a sister to me got killed because of me. It’s not fair. I lost my best friend, the closest thing to a brother, and now I’m slowly losing my sister. Nothing has ever been fair for me, but I never once complained, not until today.”

“There’s nothing I can do to help you get your best friend back, or to get your sister to open her eyes. The only thing I can do is say this. You’re not alone, you have EXO and Yongnam. And I wouldn’t mind being your brother.”

I examined Kris’ face to see if he was lying but he was being serious. He did just offer to be my brother. Guess I haven’t lost everything yet.

“You better mean that Kris Wu because now your struck with me.”

*chuckles* “I mean it. So from now on I expect you to call me oppa. “

“Okay. Thank you for saying. Oppa.”

Kris just smiled at me and grabbed his book again.
“Go to sleep dongsaeng.”


YONGGUKS POV

I was walking around our room just looking for my things. I don’t want her to have anything that reminds her of me. I’ve hurt her far too many times to do something like that. The guys were in the living room collecting all the boxes I had already packed. Our room is the last place I need to clean. I can’t believe this is how everything is ending. I never wanted to let Hwayoung go but I don’t really have a choice, well I do but I don’t like the other choice I had. I looked at the file I had on my hands, I don’t think anything would have changed if I had found this file sooner, maybe it would have changed something but for the better. I remember what Super Junior told us, from now on we have to be careful. We have to take care of each other, because they no longer will. I took one last look at our room before graving the box with my belongings and closing the door behind me. I was tempted at just locking myself inside the room, but I knew that wouldn’t help Hwayoung. When I finally arrived to the living room the guys were all done.

“Are you sure about this Yongguk? You can still change your mind.”

“I’m sure Himchan. Even if I change my mind its already too late. She probably already signed the divorce.”

“Hyung maybe she didn’t. My cousin loves you, it won’t be easy for her to sign the papers and end what you two have.”

“I’ve hurt her a lot Jongup, all she need to do to sign the papers is remember everything I’ve done to her. It’s better this way.”

“Better for who? For you? Or for her? Hyung, why are you really doing this?”

“You know why Zelo.”
They guys just looked at me before letting out a sight. Youngjae took the box from my hands and walked out the house. The rest followed him, except for Deahyun.

“I decided to give her to you because I know she loves you. And although I disagree with what you’re doing, I admire you. If I were in your shoes I don’t think I’ll be able to what you are doing now. I just hope you don’t regret it.”
Deahyun hugged me before he too walked out the house. I took one last look and grabbed a picture of Hwayoung before locking the doors behind me.

None of us spoke in the car. We didn’t even have the radio on. Himchan was driving and I was sitting in the passenger side. We dropped Jongup at his house first. Then Zelo. Then Youngjae. And finally, Deahyun. When Himchan stopped in front of my house he finally said something.

“Yongguk, I really hope you don’t regret this. This isn’t only hurting Hwayoung and you, it’s also hurting us. You two were meant for each other. It took us a while to realize that but now that we know it pains us to see you two separating. You might not be able to get her back if you go through with this.”

“I know. Dammit Himchan I know! And it en kills me to think about this. The way she looked at me hurt me more than the way Yongnam looked at me. I know he probably hates me more than her. I know I might never be able to get her back. But I also know what I should do to make sure there’s something left of her for me to try to get back. I love her, I love her so much that it kills me to be away from her when she need me the most. I’m already regretting my decision but I can’t back down, I can’t do that to her.”

Himchan helped me get my things out of his trunk and into my room. I passed Youngnam’s room and heard as he locked his door. After Himchan left, my mom walked into my room and gave me a plate of food. She didn’t bother looking at me. I heard as she cried on her way out.
When I was going to the kitchen I saw how my dad took one look at me and then turned the other way. As I was walking back to my room Yongnam opened his door. It killed me when he saw me and slammed his door on my face. I took the picture of Hwayoung out of my pocket and held it while I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up before anyone else and left the house. I have been standing in front of the hospital for about an hour now. I looked at the time and walked toward the elevator. When I got to Hwayoung’s floor I looked to make sure exo wasn’t here first. After double checking I walked inside Hwayoung’s room and looked at her while she slept. I noticed the divorce papers next to see and I shed a tear when I saw her signature already on the papers.

She looks so peaceful when she’s sleeping. She looks as if nothing wrong or bad is happening in her life. I gently her hair and smiled to myself. “You look beautiful no matter what.” Unconsciously I lean in and stopped myself when I’m about to kiss her. This wouldn’t be the first time I kiss her while she slept but it feels wrong now. It feels wrong because I’m no longer her man. So instead of kissing her on the lips I kiss her forehead. “Goodbye my love, please take care of yourself.” I grab the divorce papers and get up. Just as I reach the door it suddenly opens. Kris and Leeteuk are standing in the doorway and they stopped talking when they see me.

“Yongguk, what are you doing here?” “Yongguk, what are you doing here?”

“Kris, Leeteuk. I just came for the… For the divorce papers. I’ll be on my way now”.

Leeteuk spread his arms and got in front of me. “You’re not going anywhere until I talk to you”.

“Does it have to be now?”

“Yes. Take a sit.”

“That not necessary. I can stand.”

Kris took a set on the small sofa and Leeteuk and I stayed where we were standing.

“Do you remember what I told you yesterday? I said you and your friends should be more careful because I will no longer protect you. Are you protecting yourself?”

“We are. We each have a tracking device on us that looks like an object we would carry. We also have a few code words for when there’s something wrong. Starting tomorrow we will not be anywhere by ourselves either. Is there anything else you need to say?”

“No. Look just take good care of yourselves, Hwayoung asked me to continue looking out for you e-“

“DON’T! Just look out for her, we can take care of ourselves. Take care of her and make sure skeleton doesn’t get his hands on her!”
Both Kris and Leeteuk looked at me with wide eyes. Maybe it’s because I never raised my voice in front of them. Kris took out his phone and send a text message. When he was done, he got up and stood next to Leeteuk.

“Leeteuk did you-?”

“No. I take it you didn’t either.”

“Yongguk, I’m going to ask you something and if you lie to me I will know, so will Leeteuk. Who told you about skeleton?”

“Umm.” .

“Don’t you dare say it was super junior because I made sure they didn’t say a word. And I remember every conversation we had and I never mentioned him. Now answer the question Yongguk.”

“I’m sorry but I can’t say. But don’t worry I didn’t find out through EXO or Super Junior. Leeteuk, Kris, please protect her. Please make sure he doesn’t kill her. Please”. I couldn’t stop the tars from forming in my eyes so I just looked down.

“Yongguk. Is that why you broke up with her? Do the others know?”

“Yea, well lily doesn’t know. We found out about the same time. I was going to tell her about it but then this happened. We agreed that it was better for her if she didn’t have to constantly worry about us. She wouldn’t take care of someone she has nothing to do with, so we left her and I asked her for the divorce. I don’t care if she hates me, just as long as she’s alive. Promise me you won’t say a word to her, or to my brother.”

“She’s going to hate us when she finds out. We won’t say a word. We want her to live just as much as you want her to live. We’ll make sure Yongnam doesn’t finds out either. Keep us updated on everything.”

“Thank you, Kris. Leeteuk thank you for everything you’ve done, take care guys”

“Stay safe Yongguk.” “Take care”

I looked at Hwayoung one more time and walked out the room. Kris closed the door behind me. When I reached the elevator, I bumped into Yongnam. He looked down at my hands and then glared at me. He walked passed me and purposely bumped into my shoulder.
“Forgive me brother, I know I’ve let you down to. Hwayoung I love you. I will always love you. But forget about me because I can’t make you happy, I’ve hurt you too many times. I’ll sacrifice anything for you so please live, survive. Please be happy with someone else, please just be happy. Thank you for entering my life, for letting me know what’s it like to love and be loved. I hope one day you can forgive me, forgive all six of us.”



So, yongguk left her for here own safety. Do anyone of you think he's doing the right thing? or you ya think he should have stayed by her side? 

Guys GOT7 is coming to my city next month!!! FINALLY, but im broke :( 
My sister said she would try to get me tickets but i cant get my hopes up. I really want to see GOT7 in person. 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and comment what you think. Also thank you all for your patience