Going home

Broken promises (Semi-hiatus) NEW CHAPTER

 

Its mid-August and I’m on my way to the airport. "Hwayoung wait up!!!!" I turn around to see who's calling me

"Oh hey Hanna. what do you want?" I can tell she was running because she stopped to catch her breath when she reached me

"I just wanted to take you to the airport. I’m really gonna miss you I was so use to your y attitude that I won’t know how to live without it" She started fake crying, I just rolled my eyes when she fell to her knees and started screaming 'WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME'

"Ugh Hanna get up save your fake tears for theater"

"B-b-but I’m really g-g-gonna miss y-y-you"

"Are you gonna take me to the airport or what?"

 "Oh yea come on Alec is waiting"

"Ugh I rather take a cab" Before I could walk away Hanna grabbed my arm and dragged me to where Alec was. He was wearing a black shirt with a leather jacket and torn jeans. Ugh out of all the guys that ask her out why did she had to go out with this >:/ 

"Hey queen"

"Hey momma's boy"

"Oh come on guys can’t ya get along for just this day" I rather jump of a tall building than be nice to this waste of space.

 "Anything for you babe" 

Ugh I want to puke. "Hurry up or I’m going to be late for my flight!!!!"

"Aish chill Hwayoung it’s no big deal"

"UGH FINE I'LL CALL A CAB!!!!"

 

"NOOOOOO okay fine babe just drive" 


At the airport:

I said goodbye to Hanna and made my way to register my luggage. I when to my seat which was next to the window. I put my headphones on and put my music on shuffle, I turn airplane mode on before I forget. The flight attendance was going over some safety stuff before the plane took off. I knew it was gonna be a long flight so I decided to take a nap. I listened to two songs before I fell asleep.

I woke up when I felt someone poke my arm. I saw a cute guy smiling at me "umm we arrived already" He looked so familiar, I tried to remember if I seen him before but my mind was still foggy from the nap

"Oh thanks I’m Ryu Hwayoung by the way"

"No probe- wait did you said Ryu Hwayoung?"

"Umm yea why?"

"OGM Hwayoung is me Yongnam oppa!!!" My eyes widened when I heard his name. No wonder he looked so familiar he changed but I can still see the little boy in him.

"OPPA wow you really have changed, you look good"

"Good? I look handsome!!!" I laugh, I guess he only changed on the outside. "Well let’s get out of this airplane oppa"

"Oh yea haha" He looks so cute!!! 

Yongnam waited for me outside and smiled when he saw me. "Hwayoung, umm can I ask you something?"

 Aww he's acting shy. "Sure oppa what is it?"

"Umm, h-how is Hyoyoung. I haven’t see or talked to her since you left". I was confused, Hyoyoung said she was always around Yongguk and that she talked to Yongnam

"I honestly don’t know. Last time I talked to her was at the end of June"

"WHAT BUT ITS THE BEGINNING OF AGUST!!!"

"I know that, which is why I couldn’t wait to come back"

"Oh. I’m sorry I shouldn’t have yelled"

"No its okay I would have reacted the same way if I was you. My rides here you want to tag along?"

"Um I can’t umma is picking me up"

"Oh okay well" I give Yongnam a card "here this is my number, call me when you get home. Oh and please don’t tell Yongguk oppa I’m back, I want to surprise him" I smiled just thinking of seeing Yongguk again.

"Arraso I won’t tell him, good bye and tell Hyoyoung I’m back and that I miss her" I smiled at Yongnam and assured him I’ll give her his message. I guess I’m not the only one that hasn’t changed in 11 years. My smile grew just picturing Yongnam and my sister together.


I felt like the ride took forever "Miss we have arrived" said the driver he looked like he was in his late 30s a kind smile and sad eyes. When I faced forward I saw him looking at me through the review marrow. It looked like he felt sorry for me, but why?

When we arrived home I felt like there was something wrong but decided to ignore it. "Hyoyoung it's me your sister I'm back!!!!" Finally, I’m able to hug my sister, I’m so happy. As soon as I entered her room I knew that my parents were hiding something about my sister from me.

"Sweetheart when did you arrived?" I turned around to face my mother, she was wearing a navy blue dress with black heals if I didn't know any better I would have thought she was going to a party. Before I could ask her where my sister was I heard the front door open,

"honey I’m home. I have some good new to share”.

 

My father stopped speaking as soon as he saw me. "What are you doing here. You weren't supposed to come till the 15th of this month". My father looked at me with anger in his eyes, why does he always looks mad at me? 

 

"It's nice to see you to father and yes I did have a good flight" I said with as much sarcasm as I could. "Before you start yelling at me for speaking to you like that I want to know where is Hyoyoung and why is her room empty".
I wanted to sound calm but to my ears I sounded like a child complaining. My mother looked away from me but I saw tears in her eyes. I waited for one of them to speak, my father spoke with his business tone and blank expression.

 

"Your sister is in the hospital; she has been in a coma for two months. Now tell me, WHY ARE YOU HERE!?!?!!".

 

Wait did he just said in a coma? What? No, no that can't be true, they promised to protect her. For the first time I was speechless in front of my father.

 

"Honey, today is the 15th".

"Oh I guess time flew" My dad turned to walk away got in his way.

"Why is Hyoyoung in a coma?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why the hell didn’t you or umma called me????!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!WHYYYYY!!!!!!!"
Right now I didn’t care if my father slapped me for talking like that, I didn’t care about anything but finding out why I wasn’t informed of what was going on with my sister.

 

"How am I supposed to know. She didn’t talk to me every day"

 wait? is he saying it’s my fault?!?!?!?!!!!
"YOU SAW HER EVERYDAY HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHEN THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR DAUGHTER??????"
My mother walked by my father’s side and hugged his waist.

 

"Sweetheart calm down. Your father and I were at a gala the day she tried to kill herself. Don’t blame your father" 
She tried to kill herself?? Why? Hyoyoung why didn’t you tell me what was wrong?

"I....Hwayoung when you get back and I’m not here too great you d-don’t get mad at me o-okay" 

"I'll never get mad at you"

"I want you to read my diary when you get home. It’s in my closet on the red box. You have to read it when you get home."

"I'll read it I promise."

"It will explain everything"

"Explain what? Hyoyoung you better tell me now"

 

"I have to go I love you Hwayoung you’re the best sister anyone could wish for and I’ll miss you I’m so sorry for everything wrong that I did. Goodbye" 

That’s why she was acting strange. The diary, I need to read it. "Umma where is she?"

"She's in Seoul national university hospital. Don’t worry she's in the hands of the best doctors in Seoul she'll be fine"
With hat she and my father walked downstairs and headed to the front door. 
Huh I guess they are going to a party. Wait I just realized I don’t know where my room is. I walk to the kitchen and was amazed at how beautiful it looked.

"Oh miss is there something you need?"
I jumped when I heard someone behind me. "You scared me"
I tried to calm my heart my taking deep breaths in.

"I’m sorry miss I didn’t mean to scare you."

I looked at the girl and realized she looked too young to work here.
"It’s alright. who are you and how old are you? Oh and call me Hwayoung I hate being called miss".

"Ah if you say so. I’m Luna and I’m 19"

"Oh nice to meet you Luna umm can you tell me where my room is?"

"Sure follow me. This is your room and if you need anything else just ask me or anyone else in the house"

"Arraso and thank you"

When I opened the door I didn’t have anything bad to say about my new bedroom.

My phone started ringing, I didn’t recognize the number so I ignored it. When it finally stopped ringing I remembered I gave Yongnam my number.
"Oh what if that was him?"
I was going to call the number bac when my phone ranged again. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Yeoboseyo it’s me Yongnam"

"Oh Yongnam how are you?"

"I’m fine but how are you. You sound sad is everything alright?"
I was silent, I just couldn’t find words to say to him right now. 
What should I tell him? Should I tell him the truth or just part of the truth. And I still have to read Hyoyoung's diary. "I’m just tried that all"

"Oh okay well have you given Hyoyoung my message and how is she?"
That’s it I have to tell him the truth.

"Um Yongnam oppa can you meet me at my house I have something to tell you and I don’t want to say it through the phone."

"Yea sure"

 

"Okay I’ll send you the address. I'll see you in a while oppa”.
I hanged up and sent Yongnam the address. While I waited for him I decided to take a quick shower