Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days ago, Suho and Kris had called out all the EXO members to gather in the living room. They related to them what had been agreed upon during the meeting; they will be having a joint stage with 2NE1 for the year-end music shows or most popularly known as Gayo. Mixed reactions were received by the two leaders; they were excited because it was a second chance for them to interact with 2NE1 and they all think that it would be epic; and then, they were nervous because there are only a few weeks left for them to come up with a performance.

 

Within two days, Suho and CL had already established a good relationship by communicating through calls or text message. Since the day of the meeting, they had already been contacting each other to arrange their schedules and plan their stage.

 

“Why do you get to call her? I’m a leader too!” Kris complained.

“Yes, I know. But it will be confusing for Chaerin-sshi to contact two persons, so it’d be better if I talk to her. Right?” Suho justified.

Kris sighed bitterly and walked out of the room. “Why him and not me? Life is so unfair!” he said to himself.

Don’t you think we should meet immediately?

We’re already getting anxious.

I mean… Can we really come up with something in a few weeks?

From: Kim Junmyeon-sshi

CL sighed as she read the message displayed on her phone. She replied,

Of course we can do it!

You’re SUHO and I’m CL!

2NE1 and EXO? We have everything we need!

But I agree, we should set a meeting already.

How about this Wednesday?

From: Lee Chaerin-sshi

Suho read her message and ran to the living room where everyone was gathered. “Good news!” he exclaimed. All eyes were suddenly fixed on him. “This Wednesday, we’ll meet with 2NE1 to plan the performance! Is that cool with you guys?”

All eyes on him widened with excitement. “Yes!” they said in unison.

The leader replied to CL’s message saying that Wednesday had been set; they were going to meet at YG building at 10 o’clock.

 

Then, Wednesday came. It was a riot in EXO’s dorm as they were all preparing to leave. The first one who should’ve woken up first, got up at 8:30am, so in short, everyone had to prepare within 1 hour to be able to arrive at YG at exactly 10am.

“Yah! Baekhyun! This is all your fault! Of all days, why’d you have to wake up so late, today!” Everyone kept on blaming him because he was supposed to be up at 6am.

“Why didn’t the others woke up then? They didn’t have to wait!” he retorted.

Chen, Kyungsoo and Xiumin were hit by Baekhyun’s words.

“Yah! Stop arguing. It won’t solve anything. Besides, it’s all your fault!” interrupted Sehun as he pointed his hands to all the EXO members, except him.

Luhan laughed as he felt offended. “And this is coming from you, who woke up last? Huh Maknae?”

Everyone laughed. Sehun’s face turned red. “I’m a growing boy! I need a lot of sleep!” he protested and pouted cutely.

“Okay, stop ganging up on maknae, and hurry up!” Suho said.

“Yes eomma! You always protect Sehun even when he is blaming you too. I’m jealous!” Tao joked.

 

Unbelievably, they were able to leave their dormitory after 1 hour of chaotic preparation, so they arrived at YG building just in time. 2NE1’s manager was once again already waiting for them outside the building. They were brought straight to YG’s office to greet him.

With their whole body shaking with fear and nervousness, they greeted Mr. Yang Hyun Suk, “We are one! We are EXO!” and then politely bowed to him. YG nicely approached each one of them to shake their hands. Although he showed them his nicest gesture, the 12 boys were still trembling.

“Hey! Relax! I’m not gonna eat you. Okay?” YG joked. They unwillingly laughed due to extreme nervousness. He gave up on trying to make them feel comfortable. “2NE1 will be here in a while, so sit first and make yourselves at home” he said.

They sat on the sofa, except for Tao, Kai, Kris, Sehun and Luhan who stayed standing with their eyes glued on the toys that were exhibited around the office. “Mr. Yang Hyun Suk, you’re collection are amazing!” Tao expressed to YG who was already sitting on the Chairman’s desk.

“Thanks! That’s the main attraction in my office. I put that up so they keep on coming here even if they know something bad is gonna happen” he said sarcastically. They only managed to give him a nod and a smile.

 

In a few minutes, 2NE1 had arrived in the office and enthusiastically greeted EXO. The boys felt comfortable now as they saw those familiar smiles.

YG gave them a few reminders and bid them goodbye. They headed for the practice room, which was 2NE1’s practice room showed in all their dance practices.

“Wow! This room’s huge!” Chen commented.

“Wait till you hear the sounds!” Minzy went to the booth and played their song Do you love me.

They were all hyped up as they danced and sing to the song. After playing around and having fun, CL turned off the music and asked them to be seated on the floor. She then went to Suho to talk to him alone.

Kris noticed this and said, “Wait!” He stepped towards them and crossed his arms.

Suho glared at him and said in a low voice, “What are you doing now?!”

“Like I said, I am a leader too.” Kris carefully stressed each word that he said.

Although they were talking quietly, CL was able to hear them. She giggled upon hearing their adorable argument. They both noticed her looking at them.

“CL-sshi? Let’s start the meeting then?” Kris said coolly.

She smiled again and said, “Okay, so shall we start with planning the concept of the whole performance?”

“Yes, let’s ask each one for their ideas then try put it together” Suho suggested.

“Okay, I’ll facilitate” Kris went forward and called everyone’s attention. He asked for their ideas as CL prepared to write on the glass board in front of them.

Kyungsoo raised his hand and said, “The first thing I thought is that we are too many to fit to one song. We should split into groups to emphasize each member’s performance.” CL wrote keywords on the board.

“Yes I agree with, DO-sshi!” Bom said. “A grouping just like what we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter