Feeling warm at a rainy day...

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one rainy Wednesday. Dara found it a little difficult to drive to SM Building, but she managed to arrive safely. The roofed parking space around the building was already full. She drove around the building and saw an empty space, it was a bit far from the entrance but she had no choice but to take it.

Dara looked outside. The rain was pouring heavily. She tried looking for an umbrella or something to cover her but there was nothing. She decided to hold her bag above her head so at least her hair will stay dry. She let out a heavy sigh and got off her car. She had to manually check the doors to make sure that all doors were properly locked since the remote was broken and she didn’t have time to have it fixed yet.

It was chaotic. Her bag did not help. Her shoes and ¼ of her pants were already soaked. The sleeves of her hoodie were starting to get wet. And the ends of her hair could not escape the rain.

“Aigoo!” she frustratingly complained.

 

At a roofed area not too far away, a guy was already preparing to take on the rain while holding a yellow umbrella. He rushed towards the struggling girl. Upon reaching her, he immediately stretched the umbrella to fully protect her from getting wet, which caused half of his clothes to be exposed to the rain.

Dara jumped in surprise. “OMO!” she immediately turned and her expression softened upon landing her eyes on a very familiar face. “Chanyeol-sshi? What are you doing?” she shyly asked. She saw that parts of his clothes and hair were already wet.

Chanyeol let out a sheepish grin. “Dara-sshi, you’re already soaked!” he exclaimed as he was looking all over the wet Dara.

“You’re also getting wet. Aigoo!” she apologetically responded. She was facing him with her chin held up high so that she could look at his eyes.

They went around the car to check the doors. Chanyeol had to walk closer to her so the umbrella could at least cover most of them. Dara walked slowly so that he could catch up and not get wet.

They ran towards the roofed entrance. Dara immediately scanned her bag for something. She immediately handed Chanyeol a pink handkerchief. “Here… at least dry you hair so that you won’t get sick.”

He touchingly glanced at her as she pulled out a pack of tissue. She pulled several sheets and started wiping her face and hair. He did the same.

Chanyeol saw how wet they still both are. He did not hesitate to grab Dara’s wrist and pull her inside. They hurriedly walked towards a dressing room and he let her seat at one of the chairs. He walked away and when he got back he was holding two white towels.

“We can dry ourselves with this” he smiled. He also shyly pulled out a white shirt and hesitantly held it out to her. “I know this is not your style but at least it will keep you dry.”

Dara adoringly looked at the shy boy in front of her and then smiled. She gladly took the shirt and examined it. “Deabak! I like the design! This is definitely my style!” she exclaimed. Chanyeol replied with a gentle smirk. “Who owns this shirt anyway?” she asked.

He scratched his head and replied in a low, introverted voice, “Uhm… it’s mine.”

She thankfully smiled at him and walked towards the shower room.

 

Chanyeol was already outside waiting for Dara so that they can go together. He kept on fixing his hair, wanting to look good.

Dara shyly walked towards him as she kept on touching the shirt she was wearing. It warmly touched her skin and the scent pleasingly greeted her nose.

He looked at the very beautiful image. She was innocently walking towards him and he thought it was cute.

“I’m glad it suits you” he commented.

“Really? Thanks!” she replied and gently touched the shirt. “It feels warm.”

 

Upon arriving at the studio, they put down their things and started working. Chanyeol was practicing the rap parts while Dara was warming up her vocal chords. She was creating funny sounds which made him laugh so hard.

“Why are you laughing?” she curiously asked.

“Uhm.. nothing!” He couldn’t control himself. He let out a very uncontrollable laugh.

Dara was starting to get annoyed. “Yah! Seriously?!” she went near him with her arms crossed.

He was holding his stomach trying to suppress the laugh. “Y-you were c-creating funny s-sounds!” he stuttered.

“Were they that funny? Huh?” she strictly asked.

“Sorry…” he softened his expressions. “But yes…”

Dara felt shy, but seeing that she made him laugh made her feel good. “Fine I won’t make funny sounds!” she jokingly retorted.

They went back to their work. But they weren’t completely focused. From time to time one of them will notice something and laugh or start a conversation. They went on like that for half of the day.

 

It was lunch time so they got out of the studio. They were talking gladly when a guy  patted Dara on her shoulders.

“OMO!” exclaimed the surprised Dara.

The guy who tapped her giggled. “I knew you’d react like that. You’re still the same. Too cute…” he cooed as he pinched her cheeks.

Chanyeol felt a little bothered.

“Oh! Hey Yeol-ah! Practicing for the Gayo?” he asked.

The boy boringly nodded.

“Yah! Donghae-sshi, you’re still the same! Always scaring me to death!” Dara scolded and lightly hit him on the shoulder.

Donghae acted like it was painful. He caressed his shoulders while looking jokingly pitiful at her. “Ouch… I think that’s gonna bruise. Your small bones hitting me, ouch!” he joked.

Dara rolled her eyes and then laughed. “Stop faking!” she demanded. “Anyway, how are you Donghae-sshi?”

“I’m doing good. You? Still in touch with… you-know-who?” he winked at her.

Her eyes widened. Donghae’s word caught her off-guard. She hit him again, this time it was a little painful for him. “Yah! What are you talking about?” she then glanced at Chanyeol who was curiously looking at both of them.

“I’m just kidding, okay?” he convinced him.

“Yeah” he dully responded.

Donghae didn’t mind his cold attitude. “Dara-sshi, let’s go have lunch!” he offered.

Dara’s expression turned a little gloomy. “Uhm… well, I’m having lunch with Chanyeol-sshi. He’s taking me to this restaurant downstairs. He says it’s good. You can join us” she sincerely offered.

He looked expectantly towards the younger male.

“I forgot I have something to do. We can have lunch some other time” Chanyeol declared and immediately walked away from them.

Dara was confused at his response. She confusingly stared at him while he walks away.

 

“So? I guess it’s just you and me? Let’s eat at that yummy place he was saying” Donghae said while starting his way to that place.

“Uhm… I don’t think it will be right for us to eat out. I mean, we don’t have the excuse of Gayo practice so… your fans might go berserk!” she cutely panicked.

He understood her immediately so he just took her to SM’s cafeteria.

 

After lunch, Dara bid him goodbye. She still felt her stomach rumbling because she barely ate. She had a lot of catching up to do with Donghae so they kept on chatting for almost the whole lunch time.

When she got back of the studio, Chanyeol was already there. He had his back turned against the door and had his headphones on. He was bopping his head while listening to the very loud music coming out of his headphones.

Dara slowly went in and greeted him, but he didn’t hear her, so she went near him and gently pulled away his headphones. “Hi!” she brightly greeted and flashed him a very sweet smile.

Chanyeol responded with a cold smirk and put back his headphones.

“What’s with him? Is he pissed?” she thought to herself. She decided not to bother him and instead went on to practicing her parts in their performance.

 

1 hour of silence had passed when there was a knock on the door. Dara immediately stood up to open it while Chanyeol removed his headphones and waited for the person to appear on the door.

“Hi!” a blonde female, with tall slender features greeted them.

Dara politely bowed to her and went in for a friendly hug. “Annyeong unnie!” she greeted back.

Chanyeol stood up and bowed to her.

She went towards him and bowed back. “Annyeong Chanyeol-sshi. I’m Kang Eunji.” She extended her hand to shake it with him. He politely grabbed it.

Dara butted-in, “Chanyeol-sshi, she is the choreographer for Hello. She taught Jiyong-sshi and me last time.”

He just coldly nodded without looking at her. It alarmed her that something was wrong.

“Well, I’m sorry I was only available today. I think we’ll have to extend the practice today since you two are so behind schedule,” Eunji stressed out.

Both of them agreed without any complaints.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter