How it began...

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CELEBRATING 300+ SUBSCRIBERS!!!

Applause! Applause!

You guys did it! We all did it!

Due to your unending support I was able to gain a hundred more subscribers in less than a month! OMG! That makes me so happy! Thank you all for subscribing, commenting and upvoting this story! I promise I'll do even better!

Thank you and I love you all!

 

                                                            FLASHBACK                                                     

Lee and Gong family used to live in one village. Their houses were just beside each other. Lee Family was the first to settle in that village and after a few years, Gong Family arrived there with their, then 1 year old daughter, Gong Minji.

Due to work demands, both of Minji's parents had to leave her to the care of Mrs. Lee. She gladly took care of her because she wanted a daughter and at least by doing that, she get to experience having one. Also, Taemin, her son, loved playing with her.

 

When they were both 3 years old, they went to the same day care and then the same pre-school. They grew closer within those years and young Minji got comfortable with Taemin while the older always took care of her.

 

Minji was very thin back then and she got sick most of the time so she missed a lot of classes. Because of that she wasn't able to make many friends and the ones she befriended turned their backs on her after a rumor about her having a contagious disease spread. They also didn’t like how she always had an unappealing appearance.

For a girl, they all think Minji acts too strong and invulnerable that she see them as someone manly or boyish. But she did not choose to be like that. Growing up with a boy always on her side and not criticizing her on how she looks or dresses caused her to not pay attention to her appearance. She had Taemin and that’s what matters to her.

Everyone bullied her except for Taemin, even the teachers joined in isolating her. She really had a hard time but her oppa kept her strong. He stayed by her side and protected her from everyone else.

Since then, Minji got used to depending on Taemin. Every time she was with him, she felt safe and happy. She thought that it would be like that forever, but she was wrong.

 

When they started attending the same elementary school, everything started to change. Yeah, the first few years were okay but then they began pursuing their dreams.

 

But before that, let me tell you how their friendship used to be.

 

Everyday, after school, they would meet at the school gates and walk together but they don't go home just yet, they first dropped by to a dance studio owned by the village ahjumma who liked them so much. She lets them use the studio for free since only a few village people go there.

They would dance there for hours until they both fall on the floor in extreme exhaustion. They never broke that routine because instead of just being a hobby, it became their passion, their dream. That was what drove them to strive even harder.

 

"Oppa, when I grow up, I'll be the best female dancer and you'll be the best male dancer. I guarantee that!" little Minji exclaimed.

"Really? How is that going to happen?" he confusingly asked.

"We'll debut as idols and then we'll show them what we got!" she happily answered.

"Waaa! That sounds good! That means we need to audition and get accepted as trainees in any company" he stated.

Minji laughed. "Of course oppa! We can never debut in our own now, can we?"

"I'm just making it clear" he retorted. "Okay! It's all set then. Someday we'll be famous idol dancers!" He smiled brightly at her but it suddenly vanished and turned into a frown. "I don't think I can do that. I'm not confident enough in front of unfamiliar people."

Minji smiled assuringly. "Aigoo oppa, not all the people who will be watching you are strangers. You know why? Because I'll be there to cheer for you!"

"Really? You mean that?" he asked, full of hope and the girl nodded. "Yah! Promise we'll audition together!"

"Promise oppa!" she stated.

"But what if only one of us gets accepted?" he worriedly asked.

"That's possible huh? But no worries, we'll just cheer for the other when auditioning to other companies until he/she gets accepted!" she answered.

"I like that. So let's revise our promise." He raised his pinky and waited for Minji to intertwine hers with it and when she did, Taemin spoke. "We'll audition together, and if ever only one of us gets accepted first, that one will cheer for the other in every audition until that other gets accepted. Promise?"

"Promise!" she happily answered.

They took that seriously, not because they made a promise but because it was their dream. They focused even more on practicing while both their parents gladly looked for audition opportunities for both of them.

 

Their first opportunity came when they were in their 3rd grade in elementary. Mrs. Lee read an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter