Exhausting

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 20 days of grueling preparations, the four groups met up at YG building to practice the whole performance, as agreed before the first day began.

“Settle down, everyone!” Suho called.

Everyone in the room immediately became quiet.

“Let’s start immediately since we aren’t sure of how it’s gonna look, and how long it will take” CL suggested.

“Yes, let’s see what each group had prepared so that we can properly put it together” Kris stated.

“In that case, we’ll start, so we won’t raise anyone’s expectation,” Dara humbly volunteered.

 

She and Lay performed ‘I Need A Girl first’, and then Chanyeol came in to perform ‘Hello’ with her. They were a bit nervous, hence the mistakes during the presentation.

 

Bom’s group stood up, after. She performed flawlessly with Kyungsoo, Chen and then Luhan. They perfectly sang their songs, except for ‘Give Love’. It was a bit awkward for Luhan and Bom to perform it in front of all EXO and 2NE1 members.

 

CL’s group was next. And as expected from a group of very talented and disciplined people, they were able to pull out the most perfect performance. There were a little mistake like forgetting the lyrics, but it didn’t hinder them in rendering the right feel of the stage.

 

Lastly, it was Minzy’s group’s turn to perform. Her performance with Xiumin and Sehun was full of energy and fierceness, but with Kai’s it was much different. They both emitted lust and y charisma, which made everyone around them get goosebumps.

 

“Can I comment now?” Tao immediately spoke up after the last performace. “Minzy-sshi and Kai’s performace....! Daebak!” he exclaimed.

“Yeah! I agree! I got goosebumps” Luhan added.

“It was a bit inappropriate, but they both owned it!” CL commented.

 

They talked about the whole performance and how it should start and end. They agreed to start with CL’s group followed by Dara’s, then Minzy’s and for the last is Bom’s group. The finale would be a sweet rendition of the EXO’s Miracles in December by all 2NE1 and EXO members, since, it’s a song that all of them loved.

 

They started putting together the whole presentation. They all thought it would be easy, but it was more chaotic compared to the first time they practiced.

“Wow. This is harder than we thought!” Suho stated as he stopped the song playing after another mistake in timing, and this time it was Chanyeol and Dara’s fault.

“Hey, why don’t we take a lunch break. We’ll figure it out later, “ CL proposed.

“Yeah I think that’s a good idea” he agreed.

Everyone had a quick but hearty meal at YG’s cafeteria. They sat together at a long table, set just for them. They happily chatted and loudly laughed.

 

After lunch, they gathered back to the practice room and went on with practicing. It was non-stop, and everyone was already tired.

 

The next 2 days were very much similar. They had to focus on perfecting the performance since the presentation day to YG and SM is already near. The last day was much more exhausting.

 

Bom sat at the corner, feeling tired and weak.

Luhan came and sat beside her. "Are you okay? You should take a break. You've been singing a lot. You might be wearing out your vocal chords" he stated, feeling concerned.

She replied with a hoarse voice, "I'm fine. A few minutes of rest is enough" she lied. She can already feel the exhaustion taking a toll on her body. She was feeling dizzy and her sweat was cold.

Bom gently closed her eyes to calm her wildly spinning brain.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're already very pale," he exclaimed in panic.

She replied with a very weak nod.

Luhan fell silent waiting for her to regain her energy.

 

He was watching others practice. Some were playing, chatting and laughing. Who knew we'll be this close? he thought. His pleasant thinking was interrupted when Bom's head softly fell on his shoulders. His heart started beating faster and his face became hot. He stayed still for a few seconds.

And then it dawned to his mind... Bom may be playful but she will never initiate skinship. He knew she wasn't that kind of girl. He slowly looked at her and was alarmed when he noticed her uneasy expression. It looked like she was hurting somewhere.

"Bom-sshi?" he whispered, but she didn't respond. Without hesitating, he touched her forehead to feel her temperature, and his thoughts were confirmed. "Bom-sshi! Wake up! Are you okay?!" he stuttered

 

CL was the first one to notice that Luhan was panicking. She stopped practicing and immediately ran to them. "Oppa! What happened to Bommie unnie?" she worriedly asked.

"I was just talking to her a while ago and then she fell silent. I think she's sick!" he declared.

Everyone else gathered around them.

"We should bring her to the hospital!" Dara shrieked.

And soon enough, Bom was already on Luhan's arms. He was carrying her bridal style as he ran towards the elevator. Dara, CL, Kris and Chanyeol instictively followed them. 

"Suho it's up to you first" Kris said to him before catching up with them. 

 

Everyone left in the room was worried, especially 2NE1's maknae, Minzy.

Sehun noticed her feeling uneasy. She kept on biting her fingers, which she usually does when she is troubled.

"Will unnie be alright? Eotteokhe? She's always like that latel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter