Music

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CL arrived early at YG building. She always does the same routine over and over.

She goes to the staff room to greet people and then at the dancers lounge to greet their back-up dancers. After greeting people, she goes straight at the cafeteria to have her eggs, bacon and bread. After filling up, she relaxes a little and goes straight to the recording room, which was always empty at that time. There, she thinks about a lot of things while listening to any music she wanted that time.

 

She slowly opened the door and noticed that a desk lamp was on. “Who left it here? Aigoo! Teddy,oppa…” she complained to herself. She turned off the desk lamp and went to turn on the light. When it went on, a figure of a man sleeping on the sofa shocked her. Who is it? she asked herself. She slowly went near him.

He was wearing a hat and the hood of his jacket was up on his head which covered his face. CL didn’t know who he was. The figure suddenly moved which made CL jump and squeal.

The boy was surprised that someone was in the room with him. He immediately stood up and fixed his hair and clothes. He wasn’t facing her yet.

Just by looking at his hair and back features, she was sure who it was. “Kris-sshi?” she softly called.

He was more shocked and embarrassed that it was CL who saw this image of him. He slowly turned around and flashed a very apologetic expression. “Sorry, I fell asleep” he said.

“It’s okay. Don’t apologize” she calmly replied. “But, Kris-sshi, are you okay? Are you sick?”

“No, I’m fine” he lied.

“Why are you here so early, anyway?” she asked.

“I felt guilty that I wasn’t able to attend the first day because I had to attend a family gathering in China, so when I arrived I went straight to YG so that I won’t have the chance to sleep in our dorm. The staff was nice enough to take me here” he told her.

“You should have gone home first to rest. It’s okay since there are four guys that I have to practice with. It’s just too much to handle in one day” she smiled at him.

“I didn’t know the plan, so I wanted to hear it firsthand” he replied.

“Oh yes, that’s right.” CL sat a few feet away from him and cleared . “With Suho-sshi and Baekhyun-sshi, I will perform Black by Jiyong-oppa. We’ll just re-rearrange it so that it will be slow-type instead of rap.” She started explaining to him the performance.

“Wow! That’s great! Baekhyun and Suho can really pull it off” he commented.

CL smiled because of his excited reaction. “And then for Tao and you, I will be performing, The Leaders by Jiyong-oppa mashed up with EXO’s two moons.”

Kris gawked at the thought of performing those songs with CL. He can imagine how fierce and charismatic that would be. He smiled very brightly. CL was amused. Seeing this tired guy in front of her, smiling as if he was full of energy gave her positive feeling. She smiled back at him and immediately looked away.

Again. Kris was hypnotized.

“So whose turn is it to practice today?” he curiously asked.

“Well, since you'rE already here and I had plenty of time with Suho-sshi and Baekhyun-sshi yesterday, it would be best if you, me and Tao-sshi meet today” she conluded.

Kris smiled, “a day with her… wow!” he said to himself.

 

Minutes passed before Tao arrived at the studio. “Annyeong, CL-sshi” he brightly greeted. “Oh! Duizhang, you’re already here? When did you arrive?” Tao asked surprised.

“My flight landed at 6am. I went straight to YG” he said as he pointed aT a seemingly light luggage he brought with him.

“Oh…” he replied. His expression suddenly turned playfully sad. “Duizhang, you should’ve called me or Suho-hyung! We should’ve picked you up” he flashed a pretentious disappointed expression.

Kris nudged him a little painfully. “When did we ever do that?” he asked him puzzled.

Tao complained and mouthed, in Chinese, “Ouch! That hurt!”

Though CL did not understand what Tao said, she giggled at the cute childish fight.

 

They started the mashing up of the song. CL wasn’t an expert at this but still she tried her best on arranging the music. From time to time, she lets the other two to listen to it and she asks them for suggestions. She got stuck at how she should end the mash up. She thought carefully until she sighed heavily.

CL

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter