At SBS Building

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a 20-minute drive, EXO finally arrived at the parking lot of SBS building. The boys went out one by one and were greeted by so many fans from two different fan clubs. They were pleased to see the two fandoms united, as they cheered for them. This made almost all the nervousness fade and, instead, excitement filled the 12 boys' hearts. Each one of them waved, bowed and greeted cheerfully all of the fans who waited for them.

 

When they got inside the building, a man wearing jeans, a black shirt inside a black leather jacket and a hat cheerfully said, "Ah there you are! My name is Park Kyung Deok, I'm the PD of the show. I'm so glad to finally meet you boys in person!", he bowed, then stretched his hand to each of the members for them to shake.

 

"Kyung Deok, PDnim, We are One! Anyeong! We are EXO", they greeted in unison then bowed to the PD. They're greetings made some of the lady staff squeal in amazement upon seeing 12 young, good-looking men in front of them. The boys noticed them.

 

"Oh! I almost forgot! They are the staff who will be assisting you in today's filming", then PD-nim pointed to the group of women and men behind him.

 

EXO turned towards them and bowed to the group of staff. Then one of the ladies wearing black leggings and loose shirt stepped forward and motioned for the boys to follow her towards their dressing room. When the door of the room was opened, EXO were greeted by familiar faces going back and forth, preparing many things for them. They were relieved that their stylists were there to help them prep up.

 

 

Within 15 minutes of preparation, all of them were already wearing their signature growl outfits and 3 of them were even done with hair and make-up. Among them was a boy with brown hair and his face had small features. He was wearing very thick eyeliner which made him look manly and y at the same time. "~Baby don’t leave me i know you still love me, wae geurae soljikhi na malhae niga pilyo hae my lay lay lay lay lady my lay lay lay lay lady~", sang the boy as he took a seat on the sofa.

 

"Waa! Baekhyun, you really practiced a lot huh? Your voice almost fit the song perfectly!", said a tall boy, with a baby face emphasized by his large ears. 

 

"Thanks Chanyeol! I bet your rapping got even better for this song!", praised Baekhyun.

 

"Not really, the original version is still way better! I mean c'mon, no one can beat the rapper gods of YG", Chanyeol said humbly. "But we all did our best to perfect everything so let's just hope they'll like it."

 

Baekhyun nodded in agreement. He, then, went back to practicing his parts until the memory from that day started to fill his mind.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

It was Sunday of October 2013 and the bright morning sun woke Baekhyun up from his sleep. He ckecked the clock, it's already 10 am. He went out to join the members for breakfast. 

 

When they were almost done with their meal, Suho who was sitting on the sofa in front of the TV, suddenly stood up after reading a message on his phone. "Everyone listen", Suho said as he called the members attention, "I got a text from our manager hyung saying that he'll meet us in the practice room. It's urgent so he wanted us to be there in 10 minutes."

 

"What's Sunghwan hyung's news now? I hope it's not a scandal!" said the dark-skinned boy who sat beside the leader.

 

"I don't know Kai. I, too, hope that it's not a scandal. Let's hurry so we'll find out," Suho answered.

 

Everyone immediately got ready and they rushed to SM Entertainment building which was just a few blocks away from their dormitory. The 12 of them sat on the practice room's floor and anxiously waited for the arrival of their manager. When a tall figure appeared on the door, everyone stood up and bowed to him.

 

"Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a good rest last night," said the tall man as he enters the room.

 

"Sunghwan hyung, what's so urgent in a Sunday morning?" asked EXO-M's leader, Kris.

 

"Let me make it short then, since Kris couldn't wait."

 

The boys attention were on him as they were waiting for the next words of their Manager.

 

"We had finished dealing with Mr. Yang Hyun suk and it was agreed that EXO will be participating in the first episode of  a new show in SBS entitled, Idol Dream Stage. The show is about bringing together two idol groups in one stage. There will be a games, interviews and then, the higlight of the show would be their unique performances. It is like the show, Sketchbook's set, only the stage is much bigger and brighter. It will be hosted by SJ's Leeteuk along with actress Yoo In Na."

 

"You mean there will also be an audience?" said a brown-haired boy whose lazy eyes reflects his confusion.

 

"Yes, you are right Yixing" the manager answered.

 

"Did you mean performing our song 'Growl', on stage?" said Tao looking more confused than Lay.

 

"Yes Tao but not only that. You have to prepare a 10-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter