Giving Up

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Luhan was a few blocks away from YG building, a car suddenly crossed his way and made him stepped hardly on the breaks. “Aish!” he growled. Then, TOP suddenly came out to prevent him from honking the horn which Luhan was about to do if he hasn’t recognized his sunbae in a very unnoticeable disguise. He rolled down the window and spoke, “Sunbae! Please move the car! Don’t even try stopping me… or else…” he stopped contemplating what he would say next.

“Or else what, Luhan?” TOP let out a sarcastic laugh. “This kid! You act tough like you can do anything by yourself. Go and park your car over there.” He ordered him.

“Wae?” he confusingly asked.

“Oh just park it Luhan and let me lead from here. Okay? See you at the car.” He walked away without even waiting for his response.

 

Luhan obeyed his sunbae and hopped in the back seat, after a few minutes. He found himself seating beside TOP and an older man sitting in the driver’s seat. He didn’t want to appear rude but he was annoyed that he was keeping him from seeing Bom. “Sunbae, like I said, if you’re going to stop me…”

TOP coolly raised his hand to cut him off. “Please just call me hyung. Anyway, Luhan right?” Luhan blankly nodded in response. “Stop acting tough Luhan.  I know you’re scared that’s why I’m here. You want to see Bom, right? Well, you can’t go through the front door now can you?” He grabbed something beside him and threw it to Luhan.

“What’s this?” He carefully examined what was in front of him.

“It’s a jacket! Aigoo! Dara noona did not warn me that you’d be so hard to deal with! Just wear it and put the hood over your head. And here is a mask to cover your mouth.” He patiently explained like he was talking to a child.

“I know that!” Luhan snapped. “I’m sorry hyung. I’m just worried. I want to see her now” he admitted.

“Isn’t that what we’re doing? Just wear that quickly” he ordered.

After a few minutes, the car arrived at the exclusive entrance at the back of the building. Only YG idols could get through it so there were no reporters blocking the way. TOP stepped out first followed by Luhan whose face could barely be seen but to make sure that the disguise is flawless, TOP flung his arm on Luhan’s shoulders and let out a fake laugh. “Jiyong-ah, that’s so funny!” He exclaimed. He kept on calling him Jiyong until they entered the building’s premises.

Luhan stood by the entrance, bewildered at how his sunbae was acting.

“I think no one saw us! We make such a great team!” He raised his hand to high five Luhan’s but it was left hanging since the younger only stared blankly at him. “Yah! Are you sure you’re ready to see Bom noona? In that condition? Remember, YG might see you and he means serious matter.”

“I… I know” he answered.

“Then wake up!” TOP exclaimed.

“Nae. I’m just surprised that you were helping me. It’s the first time I met you personally and yet you already have to save me from trouble” Luhan said.

His sunbae’s expression suddenly changed, from a playful grin to a sad frown. “I’m not doing it for you, just so you know. I’m actually doing this for Bom noona since you’re the one who I think could make her feel better. I tried many times, but I was useless. I’m giving you a chance to prove yourself Luhan, if you can’t do it, don’t expect me to wait anymore. I’ll immediately snatch her away from you. Do you understand that?” TOP said in his most gently voice.

Luhan was shocked at his revelation but he tried to contain his thoughts and feelings and just nodded gratefully at him. “Thanks hyung.”

“What are you waiting for? Just go! She’s in the conference room. Room 405. You’ll find her there but I think YG’s also there but don’t worry, I’ll be right behind you, okay?”

Without any more talking, Luhan sprinted to the 4th floor with TOP trailing behind him. He easily found room 405 since the doors were lined up in the hallway. He did not take time to knock or peek inside but instead, he swung the door open, which made everyone in the room look at him. He immediately scanned the room for Bom and he found her sitting on the corner with her face buried in between her knees. She was still crying, after all.

“Bom?” Luhan uttered and went to her side.

Only listening to his voice, Bom can already tell it was Luhan. She looked up and saw him sitting beside her, with his sympathetic look. “Luhan? What are you doing here?” She could not believe that he was beside her. She even tried blinking for a few times to make sure that she wasn’t hallucinating. “Eotteokhe? What if the reporters see you? Or Manager oppa. Or YG?” She panicked but Luhan ignored her worries because he doesn’t care at what any of those people would say or do. “Go now! Leave!”

“I won’t go anywhere, okay? Even if you try to push me away, I won’t leave” Luhan replied which made Bom cry from worrying.

“Luhan. Eotteokhe? What should we do if they see you here?” she hopeless

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter