Bonus Chapter: The First Date

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was miserable. He hasn’t seen Dara for almost a week since their revelation.

“Hey, where are you?” he asked when Dara answered his call.

“Dorm. I have nowhere to go” she boringly replied. “I miss you.” Her tone sounded sad.

“I miss you too” he replied with the same tone. “Aish! I can’t take this anymore. We already did our part! We have the right to see each other!” he frustratedly said.

“Yah, calm down, okay?” she hopelessly asked.

“I won’t last another day without seeing you! We should meet. I’ll pick you up after lunch” he randomly said.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” she replied. But deep inside, she was palpitating at the thought of seeing Chanyeol.

“Wae? We confessed so that we can go out as normal persons. We already did everything we can” he gloomily stated.

“Okay okay. Pick me up at 4:30. See you” she straightforwardly uttered.

“Really? You approve?” Chayeol’s eyes widened.

“Yes, so I’ll see you later?” she sweetly asked.

“Yes! Of course! I love you…” he replied.

Dara’s cheeks turned red. Lately, Chanyeol has been sincerely saying ‘I love you’ to her which often catches her off-guard and most of the time she couldn’t reply so she just hangs up. But due to extreme excitement she blurted out, “I love you, Chanyeol-sshi” before shyly hanging up.

Chanyeol liked hearing those words from her. She rarely says it to him so each time he hears it, he felt like flying.

 

Chanyeol came at exactly 4:30. He waited outside 2NE1’s dorm. It wasn’t too long before Dara appeared on the stairs.

“Have you been this pretty since I met you?” he asked.

“Yah! What’s with you?” she shyly replied.

Chanyeol was very pleased to see her. And her shy actions made him love her even more. He pulled her closer to him and kissed her forehead. Dara closed her eyes; this moment shortly took her breathe away.

 

Chanyeol drove them to the mall where he planned to spend the day with her.

“Yah! Why are we here? Of all places, why a crowded one, everyone here can see us?” Dara hysterically asked as soon as he parked the car.

“Dara-sshi, we don’t have to hide anymore. Everyone knows already. It will be fine” he assured her as he held her hand.

“No! It won’t be okay. Please, bring me somewhere else” she demanded.

 

Chanyeol gave up and drove away. He stopped the car in front of a dimly lit building.

“Where are we?” she confusedly asked

“Night market. Taemin told me this was a nice place. It was where he and Na Eun-sshi went on a date when they were still in We Got Married” he answered casually.

Dara’s eyes flared. “Yah! Didn’t you hear the first time? I told you, not in crowded places!” she exclaimed.

“I don’t get why you still want to hide. Are you not proud of dating me?” he sadly replied.

“No” her tone changed into a calm one. “I liked being with you and I want to tell everyone that you’re my boyfriend” she comforted him.

“Okay. I believe you. But….?” he asked for her to continue with why they can’t publicly go on a date.

“But…” she was out of reasons. The only thing she didn’t want a crowded place is because she was afraid of what others might say or do. But she knew that she had Chanyeol to protect her so she said, “Okay, let’s go to this night market” and then gave him a sweet smile.

“Really? You mean that?” he excitedly asked and Dara nodded in reponse.

 

They went out of the car and made their way to the market. Chanyeol held her hand to pull her closer to him. Dara felt his warm palms on hers, she felt happy and safe.

“A hat store” Dara pointed. “Let’s go inside! I know you love hats!” she exclaimed.

 

When they were inside, Chanyeol’s eyes wandered around the shop. He was too happy being surrounded by the things and person he loves. “Wow! So many hats! I don’t think I can choose” he muttered.

“How about we choose hats for each other?” Dara expressed.

“That sounds good” he answered.

 

They separated and looked for the perfect hat. They went around the shop for about 10 minutes.

“I already found the best one for you” Dara proudly stated.

“Me too” Chanyeol responded. “Okay, you first.”

Dara took out a bear hat, complete with eyes and nose. “Ta-da!”

“What’s this?” he shockingly asked.

“It’s a hat to finally make you look younger than me” she joked. “Here let me put it on.”

When Dara placed the hat on him, she cooed, “Aww! You look so cute!”

“Okay, I’ll accept this hat” he said even if he didn’t like how she treated him; like a child. “My turn” he pulled out a black beanie with a big pink ribbon on it.

“Yah! That’s too girly and childish!” she exclaimed.

“It can make you look so much younger than me” he and then gently put the beanie on her. “Cute! You can now call me oppa.”

“What? In your dreams!” she refused.

“C’mon! Just once, call me oppa” he insisted.

“Chanyeol-sshi, that won’t happen!” she argued.

“Please, just once” he cutely said with his puppy eyes.

“Aigoo! Don’t use your puppy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter