That Day

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three young idols reached the park where they are going to make their run. Nothing much happened because they were all serious about working out so they only run throughout the course stopping for a while to rest.

What’s noticeable is that Minzy kept on avoiding Taemin. Whenever, she was left alone running with him, she would try to catch up with Kai even if she was already very tired just to get away from him. Although Kai was too stubborn to notice it, Taemin never missed a moment to smirk at her cute worried reactions.

 

Minzy was the first to arrive at the end of the path where the van was parked. She waited but it seemed like the two boys are taking their time running. Since she doesn’t want her sweat drying off her clothes, she decided to change into a jacket instead. SHINee’s manager gladly let her change in the van as he guarded outside.

After a few minutes, Kai and Taemin arrived. “Hyung, did Minji arrive already?” Kai asked. “Nae, she’s inside the van” the manager replied. He forgot to tell them that Minji was changing her clothes so when Kai opened the van’s door with Taemin behind him he shouted, “Yah! What are you doing!” There sat, was Minji in her training bra with her eyes closed as she cools herself with the aircondition.

Minzy’s eyes widened in confusion at Kai’s reaction. “Wae? Wae?”

Kai did not reply. He immediately turned his back and said, “Taemin, I’ll buy something at the convenience store. Bye.” He ran so fast that it was impossible to catch up with him. He could feel his whole body trembling and his face burning.

 

The girl was left in extreme confusion. She looked at Taemin, who was standing there, looking oblivious. “Why is he like that?”

The other did not reply. He grabbed his jacket from the passenger’s seat and threw it over to cover the girl’s exposed body.

Minji suddenly understood the Kai acted like that. Her face suddenly turned red. “Mianhe, I was just used to people seeing me like this. I mean, during practices and even live performances.”

“It’s okay. It was just Kai. I’m definitely fine with it” he replied, with a flirty tone on his voice.

She glared at him. “Yah! Do you want to die?!”

The other laughed and turned his back on her. “Then wear something quickly.”

 

After a minute, Minzy stepped out of the van and sat at the bench across Taemin to get some fresh air. “Woah! It felt like ages since we’ve seen each other like this!” the boy expressed.

Minzy’s heart suddenly raced. She looked at him in panic and confusion.

“That’s the same expression you always have when I say these kinds of things.” His expression turned gloomy. “Minji-ah, what happened to us?”

As much as possible, this is what the topic that Minzy wanted to avoid, and this is the worst question that he could ask her to start it. She was still feeling disappointed at him that Taemin never knew the reason why she stayed away from him. It was so frustrating.

 

“We used to see each other whenever we wanted to. But now, we have to schedule a workout or anything else just to meet, Wae?” he stated with a blank expression. Yes, Taemin and Minji knew each other even before SHINee and 2NE1 debuted. They were close, very close; they were bestfriends. But they’re pressuring world made them drift away from each other.

“Oppa, am I the only one required to know everything that’s happening between us? Am I the only one concerned about keeping our friendship? I know a lot had happened before we ended up cold and ignorant towards each other, do you? I don’t think so, since you never cared after you debuted and things got even worse after we debuted” she spoke without looking at him.

“Minji-ah, of course I cared about you! I treasured our friendship!” he defended.

“Really? Then you can answer your own question then? On why we fell apart?” she said in a cold tone.

“Minji-ah, trust me! I really don’t know what happened! I tried many times to think about it, but I don’t have a clue!” he frustratedly answered.

“Then you’re at a loss, oppa. As long as you don’t realize what happened, I don’t want to be friends with you” she coldly replied. Minji stood up feeling exhausted and miserable as ever. Seeing Taemin casually, like this, made things even harder for her. She really couldn’t be friends with him anymore.

 

When she was about to walk away, Taemin grabbed her arm, rather harshly. “Yah! I’m not ending this day without knowing what happened!”

“Then enjoy disappointment Oppa” she replied in a straight tone.

“Yah! Are you really going to be this stubborn huh? Tell me now! So that I can fix this awful friendship of ours!” he hurtfully exclaimed.

Minji smiled disappointedly. “Taemin oppa, you’ve changed so much.”

“And you too! When did you become this emotional? You used to be aggressive and vulgar. You used to be strong like a boy!” Those were the most wrongful words that Taemin could ever say to Minji. He held her tightly as he forced her to speak.

“Oppa, let go of me! You’re hurting me!” she fought, almost in the verge of tears.

“I won’t until you tell me why you’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter