Beijing, China

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: Before you read this chapter, please be ready to read things that may pertain to sensitive topics. It may hurt or make you sad. Please try to hold yourself together. Read, comment and wait for the next chapters. 

After Lunar New Year, Suho tried calling Kris again but this time he didn’t answer. He tried many time until someone from the other line picked up.

“Hello? Kris?” Suho sounded worried.

“Hello, is this Suho?” a lady’s voice said on the other line.

“Yes, Kris’ eomma?” he curisouly replied.

“Yes, Suho-ah. It’s Kris’ eomma” she answered.

“Hello eomeonie, can I please talk to Kris?” he asked.

“Suho, I’m sorry I can’t let you talk to Kris” she sadly replied.

“Why?” he blankly asked.

“Suho-ah, Kris won’t be coming back to Korea anymore. Obviously, he wouldn’t be an EXO member. I’m sorry that I have to say this to you” she tearfully stated.

Suho was shocked. He couldn’t believe at what he was hearing. “Why?”

“Being an EXO member is tiring for him. He is not a very strong person. He is already very exhausted” she explained.

“I don’t believe you Ma’am. Can I please talk to Kris?” he desperately asked again, trying to suppress the tears.

“I-I’m sorry. But I th-think this is the best for my son” she said before hanging up.

“Hello? Hello?” he frantically called but no one was on the other line. Tears fell from his eyes. he covered his mouth to muffle the loud sobs.

 

CL spent her day practicing her dancing at 2NE1’s practice room in YG building. She danced non-stop so by the end of the day, she was so exhausted. She took a warm shower and dressed up to go back to 2NE1’s dorm.

 

She stepped out of YG building and made her way to her Hummer in the parking lot. She almost jumped when she noticed Suho sitting at the waiting area. “Suho-sshi! You scared me! I thought you were some stalker” she joked not yet noticing his gloomy expression. “How long have you been there?” she asked.

Suho stayed silent. He knew that once he started speaking, tears will fall from his eyes.

CL confusingly made her way towards him. When she was only a few feet away, she noticed his sad aura. “Suho-sshi? W-what happened?” Her heart beat raced. She hoped to not hear that Kris already left the group but judging by his mood, she knew that it was true.

He shook his head in disappointment and then tears fell.

Chaerin covered in shock. “D-did he…” She couldn’t say what she wanted to.

He understood what she meant and nodded in response.

“Eotteokhe?” she uttered. “Let’s go inside” she offered.

Both of them made their way to the recording studio.

 

Suho sat at the sofa while Chaerin pulled a chair to face him.

“H-how did you know that Kris isn’t going back?” she carefully asked.

“I called him again and this time, his mom answered. She told me that Kris hyung is giving up on EXO” he sadly stated.

“Were you able to talk to Kris?” she asked.

“Aniyo. His mom hung up after” he painfully recalled.

CL became sadder. “Did you tell the others?”

Suho shook his head. “I don’t want to tell them yet until I talked to Kris” he firmly said.

“But how? You said he wouldn’t talk to you” she replied.

“I don’t know yet. I’m still trying to figure it out” he frustratingly said.

Then CL remembered something. “Suho-sshi, can you hang on for 2 more weeks?”

“Why?” he confusingly asked.

“We’ll have a concert in China 2 weeks from now. I’ll talk to Kris for you” she volunteered.

“Really, you’ll do that?” he hopefully asked.

“Of course! You’ll do the same for me if ever I was in your situation” she happily replied.

“Okay. I’ll endure it for 2 more weeks. Thank you CL-sshi” he said. “Let’s hope nothing will be revealed till then.”

 

10 days after their talk, CL called Suho.

“Hello, Suho-sshi?” CL greeted.

“CL-sshi? Why are you calling right now?” Suho replied.

“Well, something came up. I have to go earlier to China than expected. My flight is tonight” she informed him.

“Really? What came up?” he said out of concern.

“Some problems with concert preparation. But we’re already on it. I’m just going there to make sure. And I thought since I’d be there earlier, I’d have time to contact Kris-sshi” she replied.

Suho became emotional. The subject about Kris was a bit sensitive for him right now. He hasn’t told anyone yet so he has been dealing with it all by himself. If CL wsn’t there for him, he might have lost himself already. “Really? You’ll do that despite your own worries?”

“Suho-sshi, your problem is more serious than mine. Let me help you” she nicely replied.

“Thanks CL-sshi. But don’t stress yourself too much, okay? Call me when things get complicated” he said trying to suppress his tears.

“I know. I’ll call you when I see him, okay? Hang on there, Leader-sshi” she said to try to cheer him up.

“Nae. I will. CL-sshi, thanks. I owe you a lot” he gratefully replied.

“I’m willingly doing this because EXO means a lot to me now” she brightly replied.

“Thank you” Suho said before both of them hang up.

 

That night, CL arrived at the airport. There were no fans seeing her go because her travel has been kept a secret from everyone else so that she could go quietly. She was about to walk through the Departure entrance when someone pulled her away from the people that may see.

“OMO!” CL uttered in shock. Suho was in front of her wearing a hoodie, mask, and shades to disguise him, but CL knew him too much to not re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter