Soccer Practice

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minzy woke up not remembering that she was at EXO’s dorm so when she turned around she was surprised to see Sehun on the chair next to the sofa where she was sleeping on. She immediately got up and the thick blanket covering her fell on the floor. She took it and brushed her arms against it. This boy, he brought me here and covered me with a blanket, not knowing the consequences. She stared at him for a while examining his features; his double eyelids, defined nose, sharp jaws, and long slender neck. She did not realize that Sehun was already awake just until she went back to look at his eyes which were already wide awake.

She turned as red as a tomato. Sehun also shifted his position awkwardly. To erase the awkwardness, he decided to speak. “Are you hungry? Let’s have breakfast first before you leave. There’s a small cafeteria downstairs.”

“Okay, sure” she answered without second thoughts.

 

They were on their way outside when suddenly their dormitory’s door opened and revealed a tall boy with big ears and a short girl with a thin built.

“Unnie?!” Minzy exclaimed.

“Hyung?!” Sehun said as shocked as Minzy.

“Minji-ah? What are you doing here with Sehun?” Dara skeptically asked.

“Sehun-ah, what are you two doing here?” Chanyeol asked.

“Ah, unnie, I’m just about to leave. Let’s go together!” the maknae hurriedly said as she pulled Dara away.

“Hyung, go inside and cook breakfast! I’m starving!” Sehun pulled Chanyeol inside and slammed the door in front of them.

They did it so synchronized that it looked too obvious. Chaneyol shook it off. However, Dara stared at Minzy with judgement. “Unnie! Don’t speak or ask anything about it! Huh? Please? Let’s not make it more awkward than it already is” she begged.

“Okay fine. I won’t. As long as I’m sure that nothing bad happened!” she snapped.

“Unnie! Ew! Keep your thoughts to yourself, okay?! Of course nothing bad happened! Ew! You’re mind is so full of inappropriate things!” she panicky scolded the older one.

“Okay okay. At least I’m sure. Let’s go.” They both hopped into Dara’s Range Rover and drove back to their dorm.

 

Several days had already passed since the day Bom watched the CCTV footage that contained mostly of Luhan. They haven’t talked since then. Bom didn’t call him because she felt so guilty while Luhan just felt his efforts were being wasted all the time so he decided not to contact her.

 

Bom was already dying from guilt. She couldn’t tolerate it anymore so she decided to text Luhan.

Good morning Luhan deer. Have a great day ahead of you.

She thought it was a lame message but she couldn’t think of anything else to say so she just decided to blindly send it to him and waited for his reply. Seconds, minutes and then hours passed, no reply came, which annoyed her. “Yah! Are you doing the silent treatment? Huh?” she exclaimed. She left him another message.

Annyeong Luhan. Are you busy? Is that why you’re not replying?

But again, there was no reply. Each minute that pass, Bom gets more and more annoyed at Luhan’s drama. She texted him, no, more like flooded him with the same message.

Yah! Are you really busy? Or is this some kind of revenge?

 

After sending the same message for the nth time, her phone suddenly rang with Luhan shown in the caller ID. She harshly pressed the answer button and began ranting, without letting Luhan speak even once.

“Yah! How could you make me wait huh? Is it because you’re mad that I made you leave the airport?! Don’t you know that it’s your fault?! You came at the most inappropriate place to meet! There were a lot of people to see! Or was it because I didn’t go back to the dorm that day? Huh? That wasn’t my fault either! If only you have told me that you’d be visiting, I would’ve stayed there instead. But no, you didn’t inform me, not even once. You chose to wait there like a creepy stalker! Or was it because I didn’t ask where you were when you called at 2am the next day? Yah! How would you expect a person already sleeping and was suddenly woken up because of a call react? Do you expect me to ask where you were or what were you doing? Or do you expect me instead to ask you to see me? Aniyo! That’s not how things work here in Korea! Neither of those things was my fault!”

“Are you done?” Luhan asked after she had breathlessly spoken.

Bom felt her insides became less chaotic. “Nae, I am.”

“Good. So are you saying those things are my fault?” he calmly asked.

“Aniyo” she guiltily answered. “But Luhan, you were mad that’s why you didn’t reply to any of my messages.” Her voice was gentle, like she was impliedly begging for forgiveness.

“Did I ever say I was mad?” he asked again, maintaining the same tone.

“Aniyo” she answered. “Mianhe! I feel so guilty shooing you at the airport and making you wait and sleep at the sidewalk.”

“Speaking of that? How did you know I waited?” he was suddenly confused.

“Were you not informed that the entrance of our dorm is full of CCTV cameras? They saw you through it. They literally panicked thinking that a stalker was waiting outside out dorm. They are actually planning to catch you Luhan” she informed him.

“What? But you know it was me” he reasoned out.

“Yup, I do. Just by looking at the van, I knew it was you but they don’t know that” she replied.

“Yah! Why didn’t you tell them?” he scolded her.

“And reveal that we’re seeing each other?” she retorted.

“Aish! Alright, from now on no more surprise visits or those kinds of things. It messes up everything!” he frustratedly said. “Anyway, moving to another topic, Xiumin and I will have a soccer practice this weekend. You could come if you want” he said hoping that she would come.

Bom’s heart started to race. “S-soccer?”

“Nae. We are in a team with other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter