Sneak Out

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom hurriedly gathered her things to leave for her next practice which will be at 2NE1’s practice room. She met Kyungsoo at 7am to 10am to rehearse their song, which they perfectly did. She didn’t have to devote so much time for her performance with D.O. and Chen since there were no dance steps to practice. They only had to blend their voices well, and they are ready to perform.

However, her song with Luhan was quite challenging. Their dances had to be synchronized, voices had to fit the song and their expressions had to convey the real feelings, so in short, there were a lot to perfect in such a short time, so they agreed to devote longer time for Give Love.

Bom bowed politely to D.O. and to the people who worked with them and then she rushed for the door. She almost ran towards the practice room. When she arrived, she found Luhan sitting at the corner with his earphones plugged on his ears. She wondered what he was listening to when he did some of the dance moves from Give Love.

“So, he is really taking this seriously” she muttered to herself. She knocked 3 times on the door before entering.

Luhan immediately stood up and removed his earphones. “Annyeong Bom-sshi!” he greeted brightly.

“Annyeong!” she greeted back. “Sorry I was late. I had to extend time with Kyungsoo-sshi.”

He replied with a smile, assuring her that it was fine.

Bom settled her things and walked towards the control booth. She plugged in her Iphone and got the remote. “Shall we start? The dancers will be coming soon. Let’s refresh first what we learned yesterday” she stated.

Luhan happily agreed and walked towards the center. Bom clicked play on the remote and the song sounded through the speakers.

They practiced the first verse of the song over and over again. For two grown-ups, the song surprisingly fit both of them. They were having fun as they sing and dance to Give Love.

 

After a few minutes, the back-up dancers arrived. They taught the steps for the chorus of the song. Bom and Luhan were shy to do the cute expressions that the song require. It was a little childish for them, especially for Luhan who always wanted to appear manly.

“Aish!” Luhan exclaimed as he slumped on the floor. “This is impossible! It’s too full of aegyo!” he complained.

Bom sat beside him. “Are you seriously giving up already?” she asked.

He looked towards her and felt positive upon seeing her vibrant smile. “Of course I’m not giving up. But I just feel too awkward doing it” he let out a loud sigh and looked shyly to the people around him.

Bom knew what needed to be done. She stood up and went to one of the back-up dancers. “I think it’s better if we learn the dance ourselves. He is a little shy doing aegyo with people he barely know, surrounding him. Is it okay if we just call you in when we need help?” she humbly asked.

Youngdon, who was a famous back-up dancer for 2NE1 stepped forward and patted her shoulders. “Yeah, we’re okay with it. But are you sure you can do it? I’m not saying you can’t but with us here it’ will be easier and faster.”

Bom smiled greatfully at him. “Well I think it would be hard but I’m sure we can do it.”

“Okay, then. Goodluck! Just call me when you’re stuck” he offered. She replied with a gentle nod.

The dancers packed their stuff and left.

 

Bom looked at the confused Luhan.

“Uhm.. why did they leave?” he asked, trying to suppress a relieved smile.

“I thought we can do it by ourselves. And it wouldn’t be too awkward.” She childishly smiled at him.

Luhan greatly appreciated what Bom did. He was really having a hard time practicing with so many strangers watching him.

 

They learned the steps through the dance practice video of Akmu. At first it was kinda hard, but they got a hang of it. And soon enough they were almost at the end of the song.

Bom sat down at the floor, feeling exhausted. She reached for a towel to wipe the sweat on her face. Luhan did the same to his.

“I’m tired!” Bom exclaimed. “And hungry!”

Luhan laughed. “I knew you’d say that. Let’s go.” He immediately stood up and unconsciously extended his hands.

Bom was busy putting some of her things back to her bag when she noticed Luhan’s extended hand. She didn’t need to analyze the situation, it was too obvious “He’s helping me stand up by reaching for my hands” she thought. She froze for a few seconds before shyly taking his warm hands.

Luhan felt electricity shot to his brain while Bom felt her face burn. When she was already on her feet, she turned away from him and brushed her cheeks with the back of her hands.

He thought it was cute that she felt embarrassed with that small gesture.

 

They stepped out of the practice room. Bom instinctively walked towards YG Cafeteria. She was leading Luhan there, that’s what she thought.

Luhan gently touched her shoulders to stop her from turning the last corner to the cafeteria. “Woah! Where are you going?” He stirred her to a different direction, a path which lead to the elevator.

Bom was puzzled but she didn’t budge. She was curious as to where they were going.

He pressed the button which leads them to the ground floor. He lead her towards the parking lot.

“Hey! Are we going outside or are you just taking me to the parking lot to abduct me?” she jokingly asked.

Luhan laughed. “Isn’t it obvious? Of course I’m going to abduct you!” he retorted and then laughed harder.

She giggled cutely. “No. Seriously, where are we going?”

“I know the food in the cafeteria is great, but aren’t you tired of it? Let’s eat somewhere else!” he excitedly offered.

“Are you kidding me? Really? Outside? EXO’s Luhan? And 2NE1’s Bom? Will eat outside?” Her eyes widened in surprise.

“No, I’m not kidding. What’s wrong with that? They all know that we’re having this Gayo performance, right?” he reasoned out.

“You don’t know what they can do. They’ll twist the story and assume that…” she paused, thinking of the right word. “Well… that we’re…”

Luhan was amused observ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter