Awkward Moment

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was already waiting in the entrance when Minji came. “Annyeong!” he greeted, excitedly.

“Annyeong!” Minzy replied happily.

“Let’s go!” He led her to the practice room.

 

Minzy put her bag down in the sofa and began ping her jacket, like she used to. At that time, Kai was facing the mirror and he noticed that she was removing it. He blushed when a little part of her shoulder was suddenly exposed and began to panic. “Yah! Wh-what are you doing?!”

Minzy almost jumped in shock and turned around to face Kai. “What?! What was I doing wrong?” She was exposing more than her shoulder this time since she was wearing a mid-riff tank top.

Kai felt even more uneasy. “I… I…” He was staring at her in shock.

She suddenly realized what he was talking about so she hurriedly pulled her jacket back on. “Yah! It’s not like you haven’t seen girls actually dressed like this!” she annoyedly said. “If you’re disgusted just tell me straight rather than panicking! It’s kinda offensive!” She said while trying to zip her jacket.

“Well, yeah. I’ve never seen any girl dressed like that before. I may have a sister but I respect her too much” he honestly replied.

“Ew Kai! Keep your erted thoughts to yourself! I meant the other idols or dancers you practice with. They could have already worn something like this!” she exclaimed.

“What? I’m not a ert okay?! And sorry to disappoint you but I have never practiced with a girl before. You’re actually the first one” he honestly stated.

Minzy blushed at what he said, not because she was proven wrong but because she was the first girl to dance with him. She fell silent for a few seconds.

“Since you’re always so confident in wearing those clothes, you could’ve practiced with a lot of boys while wearing that. Am I right?” he retorted.

“Well yeah. I mean, Hi-tech and then Big Bang. Oh, and also during concerts too…” She regretted even opening that topic.

“Oh really? Looks like even Taemin saw you in that. He seemed comfortable with it” he disappointedly stated. 

Minzy blushed even more. “Kai! This topic is over, okay?! If you’re gonna go on with this, I might as well leave” she exclaimed trying to avoid any topic that may include Taemin. Being in SM entertainment is miserable enough; do they even have to talk about him?

“Okay fine. Let’s just talk about something else, while we dance” he offered.

“Okay good. So can I wear my dance clothes now?” she sarcastically asked.

“Uh… okay fine! But don’t expect me to be comfortable around you” he threatened but she acted like she didn’t hear him.

 

Kai went to the sound booth to plug-in his iPod. He began choosing a playlist but he could not decide. Minji saw that he was taking a long time so she approached him.

“You should play a playlist” she suggested.

“I don’t know which songs you like” he replied.

“Anything would do” she happily replied.

“Okay then. How about my practice list?” he asked.

“Sure. Let’s do that” she excitedly answered and then went to the center.

“I put it in random” Kai said before playing the music.

 

The first song was EXO’s Baby Don’t Cry. Both of their bodies moved according to the music. It was Kai’s favorite song so he was able to show every emotion in the song. When the song ended, Kai was already panting but he felt good.

The next was XOXO which Minzy has heard several times. She loved the song because of the mood that is suggests. “Woah! I like this song! I’ve danced to this a couple of times!” she exclaimed. Kai smiled at her; he was happy to know that she likes their song. More songs followed after that. They were both tired but they want to keep going.

 

When the sixth song began playing Kai went to where his bag was placed and grabbed a towel. He was wearing a hoodie that time so he was already sweating a lot. Minji kept on dancing while she was observing Kai through the mirror. Then she was in a state of panic when he began removing his hoodie. What the hell is he doing?!

Kai was having trouble removing it. His muscle tee was lifted in the process which exposed his toned abs. This made Minji panic even more. Although she had seen a lot of abs by now, she still felt shaken by this and she doesn’t even know why. Yah! Minji-ah! What are you doing! Calm down and stop staring!, she scolded herself. She already lost focus on her dancing that after a few moves she tripped on her own foot and fell to the ground.

“Ouch!”

Kai heard Minji exclaimed after a loud thud. He looked behind and saw her brushing her knee with her hands. He immediately ran towards her. “Yah! What happened?! Are you okay?!” he worriedly asked. He removed Minzy’s hand over her knee to see if something was wrong.

Minji felt electricity shot to her brain when Kai held her hand to remove it. He also touched her knee to check if it hurts. She observed his vein-y hand which she thought was very manly and then her eyes traced up to his small wrists and then elbow until it landed to his muscly arms that was exposed by his muscle tee. She couldn’t help but feel her cheeks burn.

“Yah! Are you okay?” Kai asked again. “Did you hurt your head?” He was about to touch her forehead for an unknown reason but she slapped it away.

“Nae! I’m fine.” She hurriedly got up and ran to her bag to wipe his seat, or maybe hide her flushed cheeks.

After a minute of calming herself down, she returned to the center. “Let’s continue!”

 

They danced even more but Minji never looked at Kai. It turned out that she felt awkward seeing him dressed like that but she didn’t want him to notice so she focused more on dancing. After another song, both of them froze when Troublemaker came next.

They were both reminded by their performance for the Gayo, which was surely inappropriate due to a lot of skinship and intimate moves. Minji stared on the ground while Kai shyly looked at her through the mirror.

“Should we skip it?” Kai asked in a gentlemanly manner.

“Do you think so?” Minji answered without looking at him.

“I… I don’t know. I mean, we already performed it once” he cautiously replied.

“I know. We already did so what’s wrong with dancing to it once more?” she said.

“I see nothing wrong” he answered. He felt his ears and cheeks burn instantly while his heart skipped a beat.

Minji felt nervous. It was okay for her to perform it back then since it was their job but now, she did not know the proper reason but some part of her wanted to relive that moment. Kai felt the same so both of them gathered their courage and went to their position.

 

As soon as the dance began, Minji and Kai were suddenly in their own black holes. All their worries were gone as they began to move to the beat. Every time they move closer to each other, she could feel her heat beat getting faster while he felt his insides trembling. They were able to finish the song after an intimate and passionate dance.

 

They both fell on the floor panting due to exhaustion from dancing and their abnormally beating hearts did not help at all.

“I’m tired! But it felt good to dance!” Kai exclaimed.

“I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter